PDA

View Full Version : CA Public Safety Committee Yes for AB390, but Nay for AB357. No logic?

smarter
01-20-2010, 9:22 PM
Link to story.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/Planting-the-Seed-for-Legal-Pot-81222877.html

I'm not against legalizing marijuana, nor am I all for it. I believe adults can make their own decision regarding their health. However I don't see the logic in allowing one adult to get high, while not allowing another law-abiding adult to CCW. The CA PSC is a sham, IMO.

Your thoughts?

CSDGuy
01-20-2010, 9:25 PM
Well, from what I heard, the chair of the next committee that would hear AB390 is refusing to hear it, which apparently effectively kills it.

Baconator
01-20-2010, 9:28 PM
It isn't going to matter. There is a ballot measure that the voters will get to vote on come November regarding recreational marijuana. We need to get a petition going to support our CCW goals to get it on the ballot next year.

radioman
01-20-2010, 9:36 PM
It isn't going to matter. There is a ballot measure that the voters will get to vote on come November regarding recreational marijuana. We need to get a petition going to support our CCW goals to get it on the ballot next year.

if pot is legal less kids will do it, I say this as I was a kid in the 70's it was harder to get a six pack of beer then a bag of pot, having said that. the only way to get ccw in this state is the ballot box.

mblat
01-20-2010, 9:39 PM

No, we don't. Even if we could put it on the ballot ( which along costs a million or so ) it would end in huge and embarrassing defeat. And that would remind our enemies how weak we are in this state.
Federal courts post-McDonalds...... assuming it will go our way..... is the only way to can hope to get CCWs here.

the only way to get ccw in this state is the ballot box.
Dude.... we not in Kansas...... you will NEVER get CCW in Cali via ballot box.

juicemansam
01-20-2010, 9:44 PM
Nature can't be taxed, man.

radioman
01-20-2010, 9:45 PM
No, we don't. Even if we could put it on the ballot ( which along costs a million or so ) it would end in huge and embarrassing defeat. And that would remind our enemies how weak we are in this state.
Federal courts post-McDonalds...... assuming it will go our way..... is the only way to can hope to get CCWs here.

Dude.... we not in Kansas...... you will NEVER get CCW in Cali via ballot box.

and if we don't get ccw after McDonald, then what???

davescz
01-20-2010, 10:39 PM
its logical to them, bunch of stoners afraid of guns, no wonder

Lone_Gunman
01-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Either we keep fighting or we move to the USA.

ElvenSoul
01-20-2010, 10:49 PM
They used say getting a republican to the Senate in Mass. was impossible too.

CSDGuy
01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
and if we don't get ccw after McDonald, then what???
Then we get LOC. That outcome would be about as unpalatable here as it was in Ohio, if not more so.

Baconator
01-22-2010, 11:55 AM
What if we tried to get a ballot measure that said you could only buy recreational marijuana if you were CCW at the same time?

OleCuss
01-22-2010, 12:37 PM
What if we tried to get a ballot measure that said you could only buy recreational marijuana if you were CCW at the same time?

That made me laugh!!!

I agree that a ballot measure to expand CCW wouldn't likely pass in the near future and the attempt would be a huge mistake. But the idea that it would never pass is not supportable.

As another noted, just a few months ago I think most of us would've thought that Scott Brown didn't have a chance.

tube_ee
01-22-2010, 12:59 PM
its logical to them, bunch of stoners afraid of guns, no wonder

Just so you know, most stoners I know are gun nuts. And no, they don't shoot while baked, any more than they shoot while drunk. And most of them are well versed in the ways of the bottle as well... particularly regarding good single malt.

And Humboldt COunty is one of the easiest in the state to get a CCW in. Hell, the Arcata CIty Council is majority Green, and even they don't complain about Humboldt's issuance policies.

Watch them stereotypes... they can make you miss allies.

--Shannon

Thrasher416
01-22-2010, 5:20 PM
2nd what tube ee said, the vast majority of the stoners I knew in high school in the SF Bay area were total gun nuts, and smoked many substances other than Mary Jane, and drank...a lot.

Most of the antigun people I knew were the rich kids with 400 dollar Gucci sunglasses, H3 hummers, and were NOT stoners. Can you say elitest?

Quiet
01-22-2010, 5:33 PM
CA Public Safety Committee Yes for AB390, but Nay for AB357. No logic?
Answer = hippies.
Hippies that eventually became politicians.