PDA

View Full Version : Another Vulcan V15 build

iridesportbikes
12-29-2005, 4:50 PM
What do ya think? A slightly curved bushmaster mag or a straight angeled armalite mag? both 10rnds of course =).

How many ways is there to pin the mag permanently? I replaced the pin with a mini screw but i first threded the pin hole with a tap set. anyone ever do this before??? check out the pics.

Shoot-it
12-29-2005, 7:36 PM
Is that a vulcan receiver or a non listed one.as long as u cant remove the pen
with out the use of a tool its legal thats what i was told.I am going too do the same when i get my too lowers until they are made an aw. :) :cool:

Shoot-it
12-29-2005, 7:38 PM
Pics are too dark i cant tell

glock_this
12-30-2005, 4:00 PM
What do ya think? A slightly curved bushmaster mag or a straight angeled armalite mag? both 10rnds of course =).

How many ways is there to pin the mag permanently? I replaced the pin with a mini screw but i first threded the pin hole with a tap set. anyone ever do this before??? check out the pics.

I like setup 1 personally.

BTW, any photos of the screw setup? what size screw (diameter and length) did you use? AND where did you get it?

This is what I want to do, but want to see what you did first.

iridesportbikes
12-30-2005, 11:59 PM
the pics i took are blurry but its the best my digi cam will do. The length of the screw i used was the same length as the roll pin that was there before. i used a 5mm tap/die set and threaded the roll pin hole and used a fine thread screw. I also had to dremel down the inside of the mag catch to make room for the head of the screw.

I like setup 1 personally.

BTW, any photos of the screw setup? what size screw (diameter and length) did you use? AND where did you get it?

This is what I want to do, but want to see what you did first.

icormba
12-31-2005, 12:08 AM
pic 2, because it looks like a 20rd mag & not a chopped 30rd'er. But that's just me.

Jack_Bauer
01-02-2006, 1:37 AM
My vote is for 1. Number 2 says "I like to look like I have 20 rounds but the people in my state won't let me"

Gnote
01-02-2006, 7:09 AM
I like the first one also. The curve give it some character for me.

glock_this
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
the pics i took are blurry but its the best my digi cam will do. The length of the screw i used was the same length as the roll pin that was there before. i used a 5mm tap/die set and threaded the roll pin hole and used a fine thread screw. I also had to dremel down the inside of the mag catch to make room for the head of the screw.

could you have used something like this (http://www.sportingconversions.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=1044) to pin it back instead?