PDA

View Full Version : Are you suffering from 'lower stress'?

TonyNorCal
12-29-2005, 4:26 PM
Has this this lower saga caused you any undue stress? Or perhaps you feel addicted...like some are to crack? (I had thought to say opium, but then realized that opium tends to have soothing effect...at least, that's my impression). Have you spent many hours on the phone and the computer...pouring over various dealers...playing countless permutations out in your mind: 'is this legal?', 'what about this?', 'what if they ban this and not that?', 'what if I buy this and they don't ban it?', 'who has Stags?', 'when is the cut-off?', 'will they get here in time?'....or 'it's 3pm and I haven't showered or eaten yet'?

Are you addicted yet?

Heh:eek: :p :eek:

double_action
12-29-2005, 4:29 PM
Yes . . . all of that. Are you forming a support group? :D

bu-bye
12-29-2005, 4:34 PM
Hi, My name is bu-bye and I have a problem :(

blacklisted
12-29-2005, 4:35 PM
Yes, I have been.

Gunner1
12-29-2005, 4:40 PM
Mine,Mine all of them are mine. I need more, never enough. Hey is that a helicopter following us???? Honestly I have spent over $1,000.00 in "Support Cost" i.e gas,phone bills, hotel rooms etc. to get my xbc brand lowers. And it is worth every single cent. I have also met some great people through all of this.
What a great way to burn comp time:D

Gunner

acegunnr
12-29-2005, 4:44 PM
Is there a cure? A 7 step program? Lowers Anonymous? :eek:

~Scott~
12-29-2005, 4:47 PM
I was....;)

morepoop4u
12-29-2005, 5:02 PM
I did my DROS today, hopefully I can get them by next weekend.:D

WallySparx
12-29-2005, 5:31 PM
I like me stress free. Personally I'd rather opt for a su-16ca just to be able to use the hicap mags stored away. Nonetheless I'm still all for your rights to buy whatever you want, no 'hunting rifles only' pretentiousness here.

~Scott~
12-29-2005, 5:32 PM
I like me stress free. Personally I'd rather opt for a su-16ca just to be able to use the hicap mags stored away. Nonetheless I'm still all for your rights to buy whatever you want, no 'hunting rifles only' pretentiousness here.
Got one of those too...:)

Gnote
12-29-2005, 6:13 PM

Hi Bu-bye.

NwG
12-29-2005, 7:39 PM
The seven step program begins with un-pinning the fixed mag and ends with dropping the bolt on a fresh 30 rounder...........

Charliegone
12-29-2005, 7:57 PM
I wake up at 6:00 in the morning and check my comp.... I frantically await an email or check the doj to see if they have updated it yet.:eek: ....ahhh I'm sooo anxious to get my lowers in time. JUST in time!!! Ahhhh.

Also, I didn't know that animated avatars were allowed!:eek:

leelaw
12-29-2005, 7:58 PM

Yea, I don't have a lower yet, either. :(

MaceWindu
12-29-2005, 8:29 PM
The seven step program begins with un-pinning the fixed mag and ends with dropping the bolt on a fresh 30 rounder...........

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah buddy!

Mace

mblat
12-29-2005, 9:00 PM
I think I got it late ..... but I can't seem to get over it

Stevil
12-29-2005, 9:07 PM
If I was any more excited about all of this I'd wet myself. Course one of the weirdest things is wondering what the heck the DOJ are gonna do next, it's like being at the whim and whimsy of a certifiably insane, Alzheimer's ridden Mother-in-Law. :(

Pablo
12-29-2005, 9:10 PM

As a matter of fact there is a cure!!!
***Treatment***
Take "2" Stag 5.56 and "1" 6.8 receivers at night before going to bed, same in the morning.
On the second day get the same amount of uppers... it doesn't matter the configuration or color.
Repeat process until the DOJ bans the receivers!
And you should feel a lot better!
***Overdose Warning***
Taking more than recommended dose can cause serious health problems, including wife/girlfriend battles, envy from other Calguns members and lost of bank funds.
*** Misuse Warning***
Do not mix with detachable magazines and pistol grips.

And of course if you are pregnant or breast-feeding ask your Doctor before use!!! :D

MikeG22
12-29-2005, 9:14 PM
Getting the lowers was killing me. So many things had to happen at exactly he right time. Running over weather I could get them DROS'd, if I could even find them, if I was getting scamed, if UPS sent them properly, etc etc etc. I couldn't sleep running thru it all in my head, woke up super early and couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen with getting the DROS done later that day and just having to kill time being all stressed while my FFL was reading over the letters and calling the DOJ to decide if he would actually do the DROS for me. Too much stress. It's pretty much done now though, mine are in state, DROS completed....finally able to sleep thru the night again. The stress will really end though when I get to hold my own personal ar and lavish in the awesomeness that I'll be holding.

C.G.
12-30-2005, 4:10 AM
Precious! :p

rssslvr
12-30-2005, 6:16 AM
last night was my first night of good sleep in awhile.picked up mine yesterday afternoon.:Dwas really stressing that they wouldn't make it on time but they did.

morepoop4u
12-30-2005, 3:35 PM
last night was my first night of good sleep in awhile.picked up mine yesterday afternoon.was really stressing that they wouldn't make it on time but they did.

You must post pics for us junkies to give us our fix:D My lowers are confirmed to ship next week but I need a hit now haha.

ldivinag
12-30-2005, 6:17 PM

7 steps???

i thought you meant 7 lowers... lol... then i need to aquire 2 more. ;)

wayoutwest
12-30-2005, 6:58 PM
Stress--not any more:)

malaya248
12-30-2005, 7:10 PM
I'm still stress....three more days before i can pick mine up :o

Prospector
12-30-2005, 7:20 PM
I need more, a dozen more of them....lol

Ken4
12-30-2005, 7:46 PM
I'm still waiting for mine, but I think the withdrawal symptoms are starting back up again. :eek:

RW Dunn
12-30-2005, 8:04 PM
My SU-16 just doesnt do it for me, like a AR does and that why i sit up all night thinking of the many different AR configs 16" or 20",A2 or flat top,4 postion or 6 postion and the so many uppers available.Man i can't wait :(

MaceWindu
12-30-2005, 8:37 PM
My SU-16 just doesnt do it for me, like a AR does and that why i sit up all night thinking of the many different AR configs 16" or 20",A2 or flat top,4 postion or 6 postion and the so many uppers available.Man i can't wait :(

RW..I feel your pain! PM inbound...

Mace

Turbinator
12-30-2005, 8:48 PM
I had it really bad. When most of the action was happening, I was out of the country! I checked e-mail a couple times and got messages from my buddy here saying that I'd better hurry if I wanted to get in on the action. Dag-nabbit, I started wishing that I hadn't taken that darn vacation in the first place! Luckily, when I got back, things had just fallen into place, and I was able to get in a deal with help from others on this board. My stress levels went way down and I actually ended up appreciating the fact that I had gone on vacation and had missed most of the roller coaster ride anyway. Whew!

Turby

Gunner1
12-30-2005, 9:42 PM
Eighteen receivers sitting on the bench, eighteen receivers sitting on the bench my oh my what the hell is the wife gonna say when she gets the credit card bill:eek:

Gunner

82a1
12-30-2005, 9:51 PM
Eighteen receivers sitting on the bench, eighteen receivers sitting on the bench my oh my what the hell is the wife gonna say when she gets the credit card bill:eek:

Gunner

Eighteen?? Man, I thought I had a lot at 6! I should be getting another 4 next week, but will probably end up selling a few to my buds (they've really been bugging me lately). :D

Prospector
12-30-2005, 9:53 PM
WOW eighteen... I think you win...:eek:

TonyM
12-30-2005, 10:17 PM

Gunner

The question is: What will she do when you buy 18 complete uppers that average out to about $850 each?

ldivinag
12-30-2005, 10:19 PM

Gunner

you say, "honey, these 2 are yours...."

Gunner1
12-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Actually two of them are going to be hers, Mrs. Gunner1 actually loves the idea of what we are doing. Hell she supported me as a gunshop owner through the Clinton/Janet Reno ATF years. She did say that I need to thin the herd a little if I am gonna build all of these things at once.
Anybody want a New M25 Whitefeather,Glock 26,Fab10 receiver,Sig STR970 (Swiss Tactical Rifle) at a good price???? I hate to sell the STR but I have owned it since 1999 and it has three rounds through it. Anyone wanna new gun?

Gunner

Paradiddle
12-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Name your price - I'm in for one.

Or if someone can name a vendor and a friendly FFL in So Cal I could go that route as well.

Jeff

-keith in mtn. view
01-02-2006, 3:08 PM
What do you want for the Fab-10? receiver? :-)

Gunner1
01-02-2006, 3:40 PM
Damn I bought the FAB10 month ago for $295.00 plus dros and tax. I would like to get as cose to $200 as possible. But understanding that the market just crapped out on these I would take $160.00 for it if a person bought it along with another gun. Fab10 only I am going to try for $200 or would trade for AR parts or 5.56 or 7.62x51 ammo.

Gunner

saki302
01-02-2006, 4:41 PM
What on earth are you doing with 18 receivers?

Neighborhood militia? :D

-Dave

Turbinator
01-02-2006, 7:26 PM
What on earth are you doing with 18 receivers?

Neighborhood militia? :D

Hah hah - but seriously, who cares? I'd love to have 18, but I could never afford to get that many, not to mention actually building them up into rifles - that would kill me as far as expenses go, plus the wife's reaction wouldn't help either!

More power to him, and I will go on record as stating that I'm envious!

Turby

bwiese
01-02-2006, 8:03 PM
After the reg period closes, reg received, etc. Ben (Artherd) needs to get license plates "12276e"

edbon9
01-02-2006, 8:29 PM
Anybody want a New M25 Whitefeather,Glock 26,Fab10 receiver,Sig STR970 (Swiss Tactical Rifle) at a good price???? I hate to sell the STR but I have owned it since 1999 and it has three rounds through it. Anyone wanna new gun?

Gunner

gunner1, do you have pics of the STR? I might be interested.

:D

Gunner1
01-02-2006, 9:32 PM
Pics are coming, just not tonight. Much tired. Need sleep, may count lowers again to make sure none escaped. I was thinking that I need to get an 80% lower receiver and make it into a hood ornament for my truck to show my true inner self....... Maybe make the FAB10 into a lamp???

Gunner

Gunner1
01-02-2006, 9:41 PM
Why 18 lowers you ask? The answer is simple, thats all the money I had available!!! Will I build them all? YES, but it may take a couple weeks.
Seriously, I have been kicking myself in the arse for years for selling my Colt Match HBAR and my old PWA XM177 clone before the 2000 cutoff. I had some N.I.B. Green labels etc. from the shop but they didn't have character. But with this chance at the Deerheads and others I just had to get em while I could. When registration comes (If it comes) I will have my son register them also since he is of age now, along with my wife. So actually I dont have 18 for myself, its more like 6 each. Who knows if I can scratch together a few more bucks I may have all of them ready for the upcoming Calguns shoot we are all talking about.

Gunner

-keith in mtn. view
01-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey, $200 for a lamp isn't all that much! (http://www.lampsplus.com/Products/Floor-Lamps/Manufacturer_Cabana-Joe/76426)
I'm working up Service Rifle M1-Garand loads at the moment, and since I co-opted and spent enough already on my own Christmas Presents/equipment, (http://anthroblogogy.blogspot.com/2006/01/if-its-tuesday-this-must-be-january.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Spodeley/Sportsman/Bench/44-45-46.jpg

...it may be difficult to justify a mid-month birthday present that's not of my wife's choosing...however my buddy is out-shooting me with his .223 and I really want to make Sharpshooter in 2006. That's a New Year's resolution I can live with and work towards.

Turbinator
01-03-2006, 3:36 PM
Keith,

I really like your powder setup - I'd love to get one for myself but I can't yet justify the expense. Does it work well for you? I understand that a drafty room can affect the readings on the scale.

Turby

stevie
01-03-2006, 3:51 PM
man, that reloading bench is much tooooo clean

Gunner1
01-03-2006, 4:06 PM
Ted,

I saw the pic of the load developement rifle with the new stock. Very nice, I may build something similar if i do not sell the fab10 receiver. Really nice looking setup. btw what barrel are you using on that rifle? I would like something similar.

Gunner

Shoot-it
01-03-2006, 5:49 PM
I am feeling a little lower stress i get my 2 superiors Friday!I wish i had 10 coming in lol.Their is so many ways too build them 16car 20" varmint different stocks different cals Etc etc,,,for the 2 i am getting one is going too be a 16 carbine m4 stock single trigger.The second a varmint gun 20 or 24 bull berral two stage triger etc.Later on i would like to get a conversion 9mm or 45 or 50...:)

Crazed_SS
01-03-2006, 6:44 PM
It sounds like everyone is spending a lot of money and jumping through a lot of hoops here..

Why not just get the Bushmaster Carbon 15 from your local gunshop and call it a day?

blacklisted
01-03-2006, 6:46 PM
It sounds like everyone is spending a lot of money and jumping through a lot of hoops here..

Why not just get the Bushmaster Carbon 15 from your local gunshop and call it a day?

Because...it..well...sucks! :D

I'd much rather get the FAB-10 or Vulcan than the Bushmaster, but I'd rather not spend 300 dollars on one.

Gunner1
01-03-2006, 6:51 PM
+1 on the bushmaster being less than desireable. Besides I will have a herd of quality fultonsuperiordeerheadtechdevilnonkalivulcan rifles built for about $700 ea. versus $995 plus tax for the plastic bushy.

Gunner:cool:

Crazed_SS
01-03-2006, 6:53 PM
Because...it..well...sucks! :D

I'd much rather get the FAB-10 or Vulcan than the Bushmaster, but I'd rather not spend 300 dollars on one.

Does it really?

I handeled it at the gun shop and it "felt" like a quality piece. It was extremely light, but didnt feel cheap like say the SU-16. I'd like to shoot one.. unfortunately the range doesnt rent theirs out :(

Gunner1
01-03-2006, 7:05 PM
I have actually shot one of the Carbon Fibre bushys although not a kali version (LEO Demo) and they seem to be a fine rifle. Very light and worked well. I am also a big SU16ca fan, so I see the value of both. But most of us given the choice would rather build their own and save money at the same time. I bought some non kali version Vulcan lowers for as low as $90.00 ea including tax and DROS. ad a nice quality M&A kit for about $450 ad a maglock kit and ten round bushmaster mag and your talking under $600.00 for a really nice rifle. If they are added to the list then you are buying a priceless gun for cheap.

Gunner

blacklisted
01-03-2006, 7:19 PM
Does it really?

I handeled it at the gun shop and it "felt" like a quality piece. It was extremely light, but didnt feel cheap like say the SU-16. I'd like to shoot one.. unfortunately the range doesnt rent theirs out :(

I don't mean that it sucks quality wise. I haven't even handled one, but they seem from reports I have read to be good. It's the fact that they only seem to sell them complete that bothers me. I'd also rather get an aluminum one (might offer more protection if a poorly loaded round explodes). ;)

I guess what it comes down to is not wanting a sealed magwell. If I go to another state I would like to modify it to use detachable mags.

-keith in mtn. view
01-03-2006, 7:22 PM
Heh, I have a vacuum to keep the brass bits at bay. The PACT scale and dispenser work great, they talk to each other - it helped me overcome my dosage fear and finally begin reloading.

TonyM
01-03-2006, 7:45 PM
Keith,

I really like your powder setup - I'd love to get one for myself but I can't yet justify the expense. Does it work well for you? I understand that a drafty room can affect the readings on the scale.

Turby

I have the same scale, w/o the powder measure since I am using a Dillon Progressive, I let it measure the charge.

I have't seen any variation due to any draft / breeze that is "reasonable" (meaning, not so strong that the powder would blow out of the bowl anyway).

The key with it is to watch the display before you weigh a charge, if there is any vibration on the bench you need to wait for it to settle and the decimal point on the display to stop blinking. I have the RF-100 Primer filler on my bench and when that thing is running the bench vibrates alot, even with a makeshift dampener. After it stops it takes the scale about 3 seconds to re-zero and become ready to weigh a charge.

I recommend the scale, it's nice, and easy to calibrate.

man, that reloading bench is much tooooo clean

Obviously a staged photoshoot. ;)

My bench is so unlike that right now that there's no way I'm posting a pic of my mess.. Now I need to go clean the garage, thanks a lot Keith....

-keith in mtn. view
01-03-2006, 8:06 PM
I haven't seen any variation due to any draft / breeze that is "reasonable" (meaning, not so strong that the powder would blow out of the bowl anyway).

Mine's near a window so I was a bit worried about temperature and draft, but draft doesn't seem to be an issue.

The key with it is to watch the display before you weigh a charge, if there is any vibration on the bench you need to wait for it to settle and the decimal point on the display to stop blinking. I have the RF-100 Primer filler on my bench and when that thing is running the bench vibrates alot, even with a makeshift dampener. After it stops it takes the scale about 3 seconds to re-zero and become ready to weigh a charge.

I recommend the scale, it's nice, and easy to calibrate.

I agree. I don't have other equipment running (I do case-prep separately) and try to stay quiet or at least not really bumpy during the throw, which happens pretty quick.

Obviously a staged photoshoot. ;)

I'm a big photo-guy, I used to design interfaces too - so yes. Now I just need a job. ;-)

My bench is so unlike that right now that there's no way I'm posting a pic of my mess.. Now I need to go clean the garage, thanks a lot Keith....[/QUOTE]

Sorry!...oh Lord please don't look in my garage, it's downstairs, around the corner and down the walkway, and it's a small one-car job which has more dirtbikes than anything else... So keeping my reloading bench tidy at home, my wife remaons amused rather than angry.
Like I said, $200 is the cost of a good floor-lamp - about what this cost, nothing I didn't drink away <i>one night</i> when I was younger (had more money) and didn't know anything about guns and voted for...nevermind that shameful episode! Thanks you guys! :-)

artherd
01-03-2006, 8:29 PM
After the reg period closes, reg received, etc. Ben (Artherd) needs to get license plates "12276e"

Ahhhahah! What a great idea! I was actually thinking PC12276 the other day ;)

PS: I have the RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 combo thrower & scale. It's fantastic, and quite fast. In the time it takes me to seat a .338cal bullet into an already charged case, it's thrown and weighed an entire 93gr of RL25.

And since it can do that 'withought me' it actually DOUBLES my handloading speed.

PPS: Oh yeah, I've been 'stressing' over this for the last 2 years. It's been a hell of a ride guys!