PDA

View Full Version : Obama claims Michell has "Right to Bear Arms"

keneva
01-20-2010, 8:58 AM
This morning on GMA President Obama made the statement that Michelle had the right to bear arms. He was talking about her fitness but, I'm wondering if we can use this quote to help further our gun rights?

Follow this link

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/michelle-obama-year-first-lady/story?id=9604807

lomalinda
01-20-2010, 9:21 AM
"He was talking about her fitness but, I'm wondering if we can use this quote to help further our gun rights?"

Doubtful. "They" would argue it's clearly not what he meant and would get support for that position while ridiculing those who attempted to twist his words to their benefit.

steadyrock
01-20-2010, 10:01 AM
It might make for an amusing punchline for those of us who play inside baseball, but it's not really useful beyond that. I'm not interested in twisting people's words into lies, when the truth is on our side to begin with.

It may also be an interesting bit of psychology, a "tell" that the 2A is on his mind in the wake of the recent Brady "F" rating and the predicted push for more antigun legislation. Any time that man's mind is on guns, I worry.

You were watching GMA? :43:

tanngrisnir3
01-20-2010, 10:05 AM
This morning on GMA President Obama made the statement that Michelle had the right to bear arms. He was talking about her fitness but, I'm wondering if we can use this quote to help further our gun rights?

Follow this link

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/michelle-obama-year-first-lady/story?id=9604807

So, and this is, unfortunately, my first post, you're a punk?

Or, given that you watch GMA, you're a *****?

Good.

rkt says - please see my reply below.

Peter W Bush
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
What???

Ballistic043
01-20-2010, 10:19 AM
um. if he said it in that context, clearly it was meant to be picked up. wether you believe in the 2nd amendment or not.

xxdabroxx
01-20-2010, 10:23 AM

Good.

Watch your mouth.

rkt88edmo
01-20-2010, 10:30 AM

Good.

Get your head on straight and read the rules for posting. In particular read the part about personal insults. Thanks.

Maestro Pistolero
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM

Good.

Your not off to a good start. This is a forum for adults, not an adult forum for teenagers.

Cool Hand Luke
01-20-2010, 10:32 AM
For the first time in my adult life, I am NOT proud of my first lady.

MudCamper
01-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Good.

I understand that the newb is unclear on the rules about personal attacks, but what I don't understand is why watching GMA is so offensive. :confused:

Chris M
01-20-2010, 10:36 AM
"We can all agree that Michelle has the right to bare arms," the president said to a laughing audience.

There's a difference between Bear Arms, and Bare Arms. :rolleyes:

kf6tac
01-20-2010, 10:51 AM
This is quickly turning into that Family Guy sketch, "Every American has the right to hang a pair of bear arms on his wall, how could that possibly be misconstrued?"

Turo
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
This is quickly turning into that Family Guy sketch, "Every American has the right to hang a pair of bear arms on his wall, how could that possibly be misconstrued?"

lol I laughed when I saw that one on tv.

Mikeb
01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
For the first time in my adult life, I am NOT proud of my first lady.

If this is the first time Mrs Obama has made you feel that way you've not been paying attention. Her presence and behavior in the White House is at least as troubling as her husbands.
take care
Mike

bearing01
01-20-2010, 11:15 AM
The Obama's don't need to carry guns. They carry around Secret Service personnel who carry guns.

It's important that their life is properly defended. Not yours. You're incompetent and should not have the ability to defend your own life. You should depend on the 911 mop-up crew / interviewers to save your life minutes after the criminals leave. They believe that gov't and the gov'ts police should hold a full monopoly of force in the community. This unfortunately does not prevent violent crimes. It does lay the foundation for governmental tyranny and also a safe haven for criminals with weapons.

Super Spy
01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey if the First Lady wants to Bare Arms go for it. It's be even better if she was Bare Arms Bear Arms.

Mikeb
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
It was halfway said in jest. Let me familiarize you with this quote from Mrs. Obama?

Quote:
For the first time in my adult lifetime, Im really proud of my country"

Yes that is the first thing that came to mind... but she has had me beating my head against the wall on many occasions. I think that by the time 2012 comes around Mr. Obama will have had enough... It's the Mrs that I worry about.
take care
Mike

bubbapug1
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
While I don't agree with some of the things she has said or done, I do believe she has nice arms. Her arms are definitly better than Hillarys tree stump calves...man, I winced just typing that. How can anyone not consider bill clinton a saint for living with her?

I also think if I were president I would still carry my own piece because I like guns and you are always the last line of defense for yourself.

IGOTDIRT4U
01-20-2010, 1:12 PM
While I don't agree with some of the things she has said or done, I do believe she has nice arms. Her arms are definitly better than Hillarys tree stump calves...man, I winced just typing that. How can anyone not consider bill clinton a saint for living with her?

I also think if I were president I would still carry my own piece because I like guns and you are always the last line of defense for yourself.

IIRC, there is a rule that there will be NO guns carried in the Oval Office. I presume that includes the Prez. Even Secret Service does not enter the Oval Office unless specfically required to do so in an emergency.

Aleksei Vasiliev
01-20-2010, 1:24 PM
I'm going to shave a bunch of bears' arms and arm the bears and start a bear-armed revolution.

NorCalMama
01-20-2010, 1:42 PM
Get your head on straight and read the rules for posting. In particular read the part about personal insults. Thanks.

I want to know why that mature individual didn't get the ban hammer? Frankly, I've seen it thrown down for lesser things.

rkt88edmo
01-20-2010, 1:46 PM
I didn't ban the poster because it was their first post. Not a very bright start, but some people aren't very aware of the rules.

Usually if it falls for something like this it has to be very blatant, or it is an accumulation of warnings followed by a ban.

This case may call for a ban, or it may not. Usually when I leave a warning like that I get a PM cussing me out, which often results in a ban. Don't know what will happen in this case.

If you have questions or concerns about a specific ban please PM me, but if I may not really know because I'm not aware of all bans.

NorCalMama
01-20-2010, 2:13 PM
I didn't ban the poster because it was their first post. Not a very bright start, but some people aren't very aware of the rules.

Usually if it falls for something like this it has to be very blatant, or it is an accumulation of warnings followed by a ban.

This case may call for a ban, or it may not. Usually when I leave a warning like that I get a PM cussing me out, which often results in a ban. Don't know what will happen in this case.

If you have questions or concerns about a specific ban please PM me, but if I may not really know because I'm not aware of all bans.

Very true... newer posters may not know. Why I said what I did was because of how blatantly rude it was. *sigh* Some people... :rolleyes:

gbp
01-20-2010, 5:12 PM
she might have a right
but she needs to look in the mirror,,she's too f'rugly to bare anything

thegratenate
01-20-2010, 6:26 PM
You see a joke I see en elected POTUS who has no respect for the bill of rights, less respect for the constitution, and shows it by making a joke of the second amendment. The guy would crap on the constitution and wipe his rear with the bill of rights if given half the chance. I have a lot more to say, but need to get my blood pressure down a bit before I continue.

keneva
01-20-2010, 7:21 PM
You see a joke I see en elected POTUS who has no respect for the bill of rights, less respect for the constitution, and shows it by making a joke of the second amendment. The guy would crap on the constitution and wipe his rear with the bill of rights if given half the chance. I have a lot more to say, but need to get my blood pressure down a bit before I continue.

That is why I started this post. I felt that he was mocking the 2A. I want to turn it around on them and use it to our advantage. "Where the sun don't shine" comes to mind.

picasso
01-20-2010, 7:46 PM
Yawn...I thought it was really about the RKBA. After reading the lengthy article, which I'm not really fond of doing, I finally saw the phrase. A play-of-words, kinda spoof of the real RKBA...or is it a blasphemy?!?

tsk tsk. I'm still clinging to my gun and religion.:D

Letitrip
01-20-2010, 8:47 PM
I'm going to shave a bunch of bears' arms and arm the bears and start a bear-armed revolution.

I think you are on to something. Maybe a big group can protest that the constitution did not actually mean that, LOL!

http://www.dotcult.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

five.five-six
01-20-2010, 8:51 PM
So, and this is, unfortunately, my first last post, you're a punk?

Good.

FTFY

picasso
01-20-2010, 8:56 PM

It reminds me of this:D (mods please remove if inappropriate, but it's educational)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/26UA578yQ5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/26UA578yQ5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dark45
01-21-2010, 4:38 AM
hahah havn't seen that video in a while. im sure since i can't say F*** that video isn't going to go over well here.