PDA

View Full Version : .........

BigBamBoo
01-20-2010, 8:28 AM

professionalcoyotehunter
01-20-2010, 8:30 AM
Is it over 50 years old and qualify for Cash and Carry?

what are you selling now stan?

cal3gunner
01-20-2010, 8:35 AM

BigBamBoo
01-20-2010, 8:48 AM

dustoff31
01-20-2010, 9:27 AM
Can I...as a CA resident...legally sell him the rifle while I am there? I know they do not have any PP via FFL in NV for residents.

Take care,Stan

No, as a CA resident legally you cannot. Unless, as the other poster mentioned it is >50 years old.

If you want to assert that you are NV resident according to ATF guidelines at the time of the sale and can defend that position, then yes, legally you can.

ke6guj
01-20-2010, 9:47 AM
Can I...as a CA resident...legally sell him the rifle while I am there? I know they do not have any PP via FFL in NV for residents.

Take care,Stan
In order to comply with federal law, you have to use a NV FFL to facilitate the transfer. You transfer the firearm to the FFL, the FFL transfers it to the NV resident.

Is it over 50 years old and qualify for Cash and Carry?
doesn't matter. No C&R exemption (unless it is C&R and the buyer has his 03) for the federal requirement that a NV FFL be used in this case.

If I was you, when you sell him the rifle, write up a bill of sale with the rifles description and serial number, have him sign it and then you should make a copy of his drivers license that way the paper trail doesn't end with you.thats good, have written proof of your violation of federal law.

No, as a CA resident legally you cannot. Unless, as the other poster mentioned it is >50 years old.as mentioned, no 50+ year-old exemption to federal law that non-licensees of different states must use an FFL in the recipients state to facilitate the transfer.

If you want to assert that you are NV resident according to ATF guidelines at the time of the sale and can defend that position, then yes, legally you can.correct.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-20-2010, 9:48 AM
I was waiting for you to come.

Here is your answers boo. Take care and kill some yotes.

Gryff
01-20-2010, 10:03 AM
In order to comply with federal law, you have to use a NV FFL to facilitate the transfer. You transfer the firearm to the FFL, the FFL transfers it to the NV resident.

+1. Must go through an FFL because it is an interstate transfer.

dustoff31
01-20-2010, 11:33 AM

doesn't matter. No C&R exemption (unless it is C&R and the buyer has his 03) for the federal requirement that a NV FFL be used in this case.

thats good, have written proof of your violation of federal law.

as mentioned, no 50+ year-old exemption to federal law that non-licensees of different states must use an FFL in the recipients state to facilitate the transfer.

You're right. The private party sale part didn't sink in.