PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Poling On Boxer in the Wake of the Brown Victory.

Wulf
01-19-2010, 9:01 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/california/election_2010_california_senate

California Senator Barbara Boxer is now the latest Democratic incumbent to find herself in a tightening race for reelection.
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely California voters finds Boxer with narrow leads over her three leading Republican challengers, including newcomer Tom Campbell.

Wouldn't it be nice to actually have a senator who might actually at least pretend to listen to you when you call in on a gun issue.

jamesob
01-19-2010, 9:05 PM
i hope this carries on into california.

erblo
01-19-2010, 9:05 PM
please please please

nick
01-19-2010, 9:32 PM
Pity Feinstein isn't yet sinkable.

Fyathyrio
01-19-2010, 9:43 PM
I found the random questions at the end of the poll kind of depressing. Californians in general seem to trust the government more then the rest of the nation, indicating that big gov't may be here to stay for a while.

twotap
01-19-2010, 9:46 PM
Nancy,Diane,and Barbara,the grusome threesome should all be sent packing. Go have lunch on someone eles dime. That would be real change.

halifax
01-19-2010, 9:54 PM
Nancy,Diane,and Barbara,the grusome threesome should all be sent packing. Go have lunch on someone eles dime. That would be real change.

If only we could find three Scott Browns in this state that would run against them. The CA Rebublican Party kinda sucks.

guntntteacher
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
They are sinkable, the opposer needs to run a smart campaign and fight hard not just the white horse vote for me cus I am clean crap. Get down and dirty and fight rough and they would win. Both dems here have great political machines, so you have to fight hard and dirty to take down the machine.

HondaMasterTech
01-19-2010, 10:14 PM
On a side note; The election results seem to create problems for the current administrations health care reform goals.

Rhys898
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
How is Chuck DeVore??? or Tom Campbell??? I know I don't like Carly Fiorina, she's full on RINO.

ETA OK, checked out both, looks like Tom Campbell is at least a Fiscal Conservative with national congressional experience and a solid voting record and I agree with him on most of his listed stances on issues. He doesn't specifically list a RKBA stance but I think I will shoot his campaign an email and report back on that.

Chuck DeVore has held state elective office and seems to have a fairly solid record as a Conservative and I agree with everything I've read so far that he has on his issues page. He is Pro RKBA.

Window_Seat
01-19-2010, 11:06 PM
With the Democrats (particularly Pelosi, Reid & B. Obama) likely about as scared as a budgie bird being attacked by a witches broom, I would think that they might tone down some of their FL agenda, but they will likely continue to ram these measures down everyone's throats, and still make an attempt at an AWB. I'm no fan of either party, but I'm somewhat hopeful that there will be some tie dye control now that the (R)s have the first line of control.

Erik.

wildhawker
01-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Campbell came on here not too long ago.

He "kinda" supports the 2A (not a quote)... for whatever that's worth.

bigcalidave
01-19-2010, 11:11 PM
We don't have a great candidate here though !!! They will be sitting pretty until we get someone big enough and bright enough to create a challenge.

bigstick61
01-19-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll be supporting DeVore. He has a pretty good record. Fiorina and Campbell are lefties, and the former is a political opportunist. DeVore also is the most experienced. He's also very pro-rkba.

CCWFacts
01-19-2010, 11:14 PM
On a side note; The election results seem to create problems for the current administrations health care reform goals.

I am so happy to see this tax / spending increase bill get derailed like this. Ah it is great.

I will be so happy if California could finally have an R- senator.

Also, this seems to give the Republicans in Congress a lot more power. Does this give some hope to taking another shot at passing national CCW reciprocity? The Thune Amend. to the defense authorization bill came within just a couple of votes of passing in the Senate just recently. I would love to see the Republicans start attaching that to every bill that comes through, especially must-pass bills like defense spending.

bwiese
01-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Campbell came on here not too long ago.

He "kinda" supports the 2A (not a quote)... for whatever that's worth.

He supports the words but his version of practical implementation essentially makes him an anti.

He supports city vs country differences in ownership.

IMHO not much will change regarding gunrights going from Boxer to Campbell...

Rhys898
01-20-2010, 12:04 AM
thanks for the info, looks like our best shot is DeVore.

PonchoTA
01-20-2010, 3:47 AM
I'll be supporting DeVore. He has a pretty good record. Fiorina and Campbell are lefties, and the former is a political opportunist. DeVore also is the most experienced. He's also very pro-rkba.

I've sent in funding assistance to DeVore's campaign, and will be voting for him! :yes:

He's the only real candidate I see.

8-Ball
01-20-2010, 4:08 AM
I've written two letters to Devore asking some clarification on his positions... both have never been answered...

Hate his campaign...

Hate his spam that comes regularly while answers to my letters do not...

halifax
01-20-2010, 4:40 AM
Devore is no Scott Brown. The Rebubs are not a shoe-in. We need someone with personality that can energize the electorate and convince the Independants and fence-sitting Dems to come-on-over. Alas, we don't have that in any of these candidates.

anthonyca
01-20-2010, 7:12 AM
I have wanted Boxer and DiFi out for years. We have one person in the family registered as repUblican( me even though I am 96::34 at them), a democrat and an independant so we get all the campaign lititure. I pay attention to this stuff much more than the average person and I have never heard of Devore except on Calguns. The republicans have tbier heads so far up thier 8$$5/ they don't even see this once in a lifetime chance to knock out a big dem in Cali.

sholling
01-20-2010, 8:40 AM
What we have in our favor is Boxer is as dumb (http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/03/sen-boxer-and-climategate-the-terror-of-tiny-town/#more-40686) as a box of fresh steaming cow turds. Hurting us in a lefty loving media not quite as bright as she is. The media will go into full "thrill up their leg" campaign mode to protect our New York import and bash anybody that runs against her.

7x57
01-20-2010, 9:38 AM
I have wanted Boxer and DiFi out for years. We have one person in the family registered as repUblican( me even though I am 96::34 at them), a democrat and an independant so we get all the campaign lititure. I pay attention to this stuff much more than the average person and I have never heard of Devore except on Calguns. The republicans have tbier heads so far up thier 8$$5/ they don't even see this once in a lifetime chance to knock out a big dem in Cali.

The problem here is that you're only seeing the big-money efforts, it seems. DeVore has grass-roots enthusiasm but no money and probably can't send much printed material. As for "The Republicans," if by that you mean the leadership then yes they are the problem. They chose Carly for that seat basically because they hoped she would self-fund and provide her own money--they ignore DeVore to the extent they can and actually told Larry Elder not to run because they wanted Carly even though she wouldn't win, because she'd syphon off resources from other races.

Yeah. Those are the guys running the CA Republican party. They didn't want an interesting self-made Black Libertarian from South Central who disrupts the entire liberal world-view and rhetorical strategy 'cuz a RINO might pay her own way. I laughed so hard when she didn't self-fund.

DeVore has actually played pretty smart--he is entirely about the grass-roots, which is rational, and last I looked he was polling about even with Carly even though. His only route to a win is for RedState.com and the rest of the crowd who took down Scozzafava and elected Scott Brown to decide that the CA senate race is crucial to the conservative insurgency. If they do, he'll get the money. I think Brown was raising a million dollars a day or so at the end because, and only because, the grass-roots decided that was, in the words they used about NY-23, "a hill to die on."

Basically, if DeVore gets national recognition within the grass-roots conservative movement as a strategic candidate, he has a chance. Otherwise, Babs has several million in the bank to bury him.

7x57