PDA

View Full Version : Central Coast Roll Call - Check in Here!

Pages : [1] 2

wildhawker
01-19-2010, 4:42 PM
Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/HistoricRegionMap.jpg

Turo
01-19-2010, 8:35 PM
In SLO here! I'm pretty good at teaching noobies to shoot, and I'm up for going to the SLOSA range every now and again.

bballwizard05
01-19-2010, 8:51 PM
bballwizard05

I go to school in Loma Linda, but I still live in Nipomo during breaks/summer/some weekends! I would love to see the central coast chapter get more involved in Paso gun-show and have a SLOSA range day or something!

Dont have alot of gun related talents... great people person though.

retired
01-20-2010, 12:45 AM
bballwizard05

I go to school in Loma Linda, but I still live in Nipomo during breaks/summer/some weekends! I would love to see the central coast chapter get more involved in Paso gun-show and have a SLOSA range day or something!

Dont have alot of gun related talents... great people person though.

I'll attest to that as he and his girlfriend were nice enough that I offered to share my canopy and shooting area at Lytle for our Sept. gathering.:) Heck, that's my canopy in his avatar. lol

SikDMAX
01-20-2010, 5:58 AM
In SLO here, and interested in being an area leader. Sent PM.

I'm out at SLOSA almost every weekend, and will be frequenting the glass factory off 154 more. In fact, I've started organizing a cleanup out there January 30 th, check out the link and come out!

Deadbolt
01-21-2010, 8:03 PM
Deadbolt!

Santa Barbara County ( and city )

choprzrul
01-21-2010, 9:34 PM
Choprzrul, Grover Beach. SLOSA every other or every third weekend. Occasionally take a newbie to Range Master in SLO to introduce them to firearms and shooting in controlled environment.

Does CG and CGF have flyers we can download and distribute at the ranges?

wildhawker
01-21-2010, 9:39 PM
Choprzrul, Grover Beach. SLOSA every other or every third weekend. Occasionally take a newbie to Range Master in SLO to introduce them to firearms and shooting in controlled environment.

Does CG and CGF have flyers we can download and distribute at the ranges?

The squirrels are working up a few things we'll be contacting all of you about... soon...

anyracoon
01-22-2010, 5:05 AM
South East of Soledad here. Avid reloader, bullet casting, AR builder. shoot pistol, rifle & trap/skeet. I hang out and shoot at Swiss Rifle club, Soledad Rod & Gun Club & my back yard.

Kali-Jax
01-22-2010, 2:56 PM
Hey all,

Pismo Beach Area.

Will help out in any way I can.

Mike

Robidouxs
01-22-2010, 6:12 PM
Out here in San Luis Obispo, slowly teaching and converting the noobs and anti's out here into new rifle shooters. SLOSA range is the way to go, usually there every 2-3 weeks.

Going to introduce someone else this weekend to rifle shooting who has never shot a gun before.

I would argue that Monterey County, San Luis Obispo County, and Santa Barbara County actually comprise the Central Coast chapter. I find that Santa Cruz County is closer to the Bay Area and Ventura County is likely closer to LA County.

Chief-7700
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Upper Carmel Valley (Cachagua). Shoot 45's and 9's avid reloader.

rojocorsa
01-24-2010, 5:13 PM
Sound off, from the heart of Monterey.

seanbo
01-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Seanbo, I'm in Prunedale. I use 7.62x54r, 7.62x39, 7.62x25, 9mm, 12 gauge, 22lr, and 66cal.

Tom Slick
01-27-2010, 9:20 AM
I'm in Los Osos and shoot at the SLOSA range fairly often.

I'd love to go on a varmint shoot around here and I'm looking to get into reloading if anyone wants to take a newbie (to reloading) under their wing.

I agree with Robidoux, the boundary lines for "central coast" are off.

JTecalo
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Hollister, San Benito county

computers, shooting my garand & BHP

rp55
01-28-2010, 6:54 AM
I'm in Pacific Grove. Shoot at Laguna Seca and Markley's. Sometimes go to Metcalf Range in San Jose and Reed's in Santa Clara. Shoot/reload .22LR, 9mm, .38SPL/.357MAG, .45ACP, .223/5.56mm, 30-30 and .308/7.62mm. Also shoot but do not reload (yet) 12 GA, 30-06, 7.62x54R.

goober
01-29-2010, 3:25 PM
Elkhorn / Moss Landing
into diving, wheeling, camping, gunsmithing, reloading, gaming (in no particular order).

mordantly
01-29-2010, 6:41 PM
Paso Robles.

Hopi
01-31-2010, 4:07 PM
For those of you in SLO County, you most likely belong in the South Coast Chapter...

Join Us Here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=265097) and Here... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261078)

:D

SikDMAX
01-31-2010, 4:24 PM
Borders need to be changed then.... This is pretty firmly the central coast :)

Hopi
01-31-2010, 4:37 PM
Borders need to be changed then.... This is pretty firmly the central coast :)

I am yielding to the Regions map in the OP.

wildhawker
02-01-2010, 8:24 AM
If we need to adjust the map, let me know. Frankly, the folks who live/work/play there more are in a better position to guide the practical application of these chapters.

Hopi
02-01-2010, 8:27 AM
If we need to adjust the map, let me know. Frankly, the folks who live/work/play there more are in a better position to guide the practical application of these chapters.

I like the way the map is drawn. Santa Barbara County is a great epicenter for the region, exemplified by the recent Santa Barbara range cleanup where members from SLO down to South Ventura made the trip to help out....

SLYoteBoy
02-01-2010, 8:33 PM
Southern Monterey County , standing by.

goober
02-01-2010, 8:55 PM
"...SLO belongs in Central Coast..." (basically)

I like the way the map is drawn. Santa Barbara County is a great epicenter for the region, exemplified by the recent Santa Barbara range cleanup where members from SLO down to South Ventura made the trip to help out....

a valid argument could be made that SLO county belongs in Central Coast, demo- & biogeographically. Pt. Conception is generally considered a border between the Central and Southen regions of CA.
being that it is PC & south, SB Co. should definitely be considered Southern CA Coast.

i'm fine with the map as-is, and am not in the county in question. i'm just agreeing with the idea that technically SLO belongs in Central not Southern.

Look Wat I kAn DO !
02-02-2010, 2:06 AM
Salinas,Ca. I have many talents.

jltapia
02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm from Salinas, CA. I shoot .22, .223, .270, .38, .357,.40, .45, and some other ones. I build AR's. I can teach newbies how to shoot.

Hopi
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
a valid argument could be made that SLO county belongs in Central Coast, demo- & biogeographically. Pt. Conception is generally considered a border between the Central and Southen regions of CA.
being that it is PC & south, SB Co. should definitely be considered Southern CA Coast.

i'm fine with the map as-is, and am not in the county in question. i'm just agreeing with the idea that technically SLO belongs in Central not Southern.

I agree in part. Many of us Santa Barbarians also consider ourselves as part of the Central Coast. ;)

While I didn't map the regions, I do believe there to be a strategic advantage to grouping SLO with SB and Ventura counties.

That being said, the South Coast Community Chapter welcomes with open arms anybody from SLO county. :D

goober
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
I agree in part. Many of us Santa Barbarians also consider ourselves as part of the Central Coast. ;)

While I didn't map the regions, I do believe there to be a strategic advantage to grouping SLO with SB and Ventura counties.

That being said, the South Coast Community Chapter welcomes with open arms anybody from SLO county. :D

I figured there was probably more political and/or strategic reasoning behind the way the boundary lines were drawn... If it makes sense to keep them as-is than I'm all for it. And the SLO folks will be welcome in both Central and South Coast Community Chapters, for sure!

Hopi
02-02-2010, 1:02 PM
I figured there was probably more political and/or strategic reasoning behind the way the boundary lines were drawn... If it makes sense to keep them as-is than I'm all for it. And the SLO folks will be welcome in both Central and South Coast Community Chapters, for sure!

I think that part of issue might be the lack of major events (gun shows specifically) in the Central Coast as drawn on that map. Having SLO as part of the South Coast Chapter will allow some more participation in those events by members from SLO county. As one of the primary functions of the outreach was the gun show booths, I'm assuming that it was more natural to draw the borders in that regard.

Anybody that is interested in this discussion can PM me and we can talk about the strategy behind keeping/changing the regions. I'm open and this is certainly a community decision. Whatever works to more easily keep people up to date and get more people involved with events is the goal.

DuckDuster
02-07-2010, 9:42 PM
In SLO I frequent SLOSA trap, skeet, and now five stand, interested in getting involved

SikDMAX
02-07-2010, 9:49 PM
Nice, great to have you Duck!

goober
02-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey folks-
In addition to sounding off here- there is now a Social Group (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=8) for our chapter as well. As things develop we will undoubtedly find which venues/forums work best for communicating on any given topic; but by joining the social group your association with our chapter will be documented in a more effective fashion than the Roll Call thread, so please head over and join up! And please pass the word to other members in our region...

sniperdude
02-10-2010, 5:29 AM
sniperdude here. I live in Watsonville which is part of the central coast. I shoot .22LR and 9mm at Laguna Seca and Markley's. Other hobbies include working on cars and going to race tracks.

Surge

goober
02-10-2010, 5:54 AM
Welcome, sniperdude...we're neighbors! :cheers2:

sniperdude
02-15-2010, 7:32 AM
Welcome, sniperdude...we're neighbors! :cheers2:where are you located?
edit: just checked. Moss Landing area.

lobsternoob
02-23-2010, 6:20 PM
Monterey area, I shoot at Laguna Seca and Markley's fairly often also. Wouldn't mind getting together with any other calgunners some time at one of those ranges. Just recently got back into shooting, was big into it when I was young, and my aim isn't what it was when my dad paid for the ammo and there were no bills for me. Then I kind of slowed down for a few years when most of my babies were stolen, lesson learned, cheap gunlocks don't work, get a safe. Slowly rebuilding and improving most of my collection, except for all the high cap mags I will probably never see again unless I move out of state. I guess we gotta work with what we got in this state huh?

No special skills to offer really. But I'm not a bad person to be around and love shooting, whether at a public range or somewhere out in the boonies going rapid fire for the sheer pleasure of it, well as long as it still hits the paper I guess. Practice makes perfect! (or at least better)

I guess this is kind of an introduction post also, since I've been lurking here but haven't really posted much since I have had nothing really productive to add to most threads. Glad to see at least there are a few calgunners in my immediate area.

goober
02-23-2010, 6:29 PM
welcome, lobsternoob! to both CGN and the Central Coast Chapter...
things are slowly spinning up... watch this space and the social group for developments.

lobsternoob
02-23-2010, 9:12 PM
Thanks Goober, makes me feel even more welcome here, no other gun forums are this friendly, and I assume the friendliness and professionalism means we have some good people here! Seriously, I would love to go to the range or just talk in person to some other calgunners. I will post when I'm going to do some real shooting well beforehand, it'd be great to have someone join me. All my friends won't come to the ranges usually, I guess they are a bit spoiled from living out of state.

Otherwise, I'll just enjoy the pretty gun pictures here, and be glad that the laws are made so simple by the flowcharts, hehe. I just recently showed up here and I love this site.

Oh, and I will keep watching. Love my guns, but there are other guns I'd love to have, unfortunately this is Ca, things may change though. May, and someday being keywords.

Exsidor
02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanx for the forum, I'm from Seaside.
I'm not sure if this is the area for this, but has anyone checked out the CCW
stance of Fred Garcia who is running for Sheriff of Monterey county. He wants to change the policy from "may issue " to "shall issue". Any thoughts from anyone?

seanbo
02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
HE HAS MY VOTE!

goober
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanx for the forum, I'm from Seaside.
I'm not sure if this is the area for this, but has anyone checked out the CCW
stance of Fred Garcia who is running for Sheriff of Monterey county. He wants to change the policy from "may issue " to "shall issue". Any thoughts from anyone?

welcome, Exsidor, and thanks for bringing up the sheriff topic. that's exactly what these chapter-specific forums are for!
a shall-issue sheriff, how awesome would that be?!? :D

New Thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=274069) started to continue discussion of this important topic!

WallyGeorge
03-08-2010, 9:38 PM
San Luis Obispo / Santa Maria here. Glad to see so many local CGN members!

goober
03-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Welcome Wally! (funny tag... i remember his show HotSeat)

Army
03-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I suppose I could chime in finally :)\

San Luis Obispo too. Most every Monday at SLOSA will find me shooting most of my quiver.
Blackpowder, rimfire, black rifles, long range varminting, action pistol. Anybody have decent ground squirrel land they want to share?

Been Army for nearly 22 years, exclusively in weapons. Need AR build help? Ask any question...or if you live local, bring it by SLOSA or my house. I have parts, and don't charge much for repairs or time....if I even bother.

avking
03-20-2010, 6:44 PM
Nipomo here. Shoot USPSA, ICORE & Steel Challenge at SLOSA and the Tuesday night matches at Range Masters in SM.

Caiden07
03-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Santa Maria here...

santacruzstefan
03-26-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm holdin down Santa Cruz, if you couldn't tell by my name... just ordered my first AR, can't wait for it to arrive...

goober
03-26-2010, 11:47 PM
welcome to you So/Central Coasters and to scfan! range cleanups and other activities are in the works... stay tuned.

Manic Mechanic
04-06-2010, 5:16 PM
Paso Robles checking in.

Relatively new to firearms.

Machinist/Mechanic.

goober
04-06-2010, 6:42 PM
Welcome Manic!
Do you do any gunsmithing yet?
If not, once you're well bitten by the firearm bug, before you know it you might be 'smithing! Machinist skills are a big plus :D

Manic Mechanic
04-06-2010, 8:21 PM
You are right about the machinist skills being a plus. I am finishing up a full length picatinny for the 500A. Machined the barrel clamp and built a new heat shield because the stock one slid down the barrel as the shooting day wore on. It goes out for hard coat anodizing in the next few days. I'll post pics when it is done. I'm an Industrial Machinist so gunsmithing isn't to much of a stretch.

I emailed "Army" today. I haven't seen him in five years. It'll be great to reconnect. That man can shoot.

dirtydeedsdoneinthedesert
04-11-2010, 1:46 AM
I'm in S.L.O. I've helped deliver fliers for calguns before and I'm always up for helping out a good cause (gun rights).

SLOSA member.

rascalgto
04-13-2010, 6:47 PM
im in soquel, currently working onmy first AR build, im a mechanic

Dick's Shootin' Irons
04-19-2010, 6:40 PM
Atascadero checking in! Good to see so many Cal gunners on the central coast.
Need any FFL help, let me know. Dick

goober
04-19-2010, 9:22 PM
Welcome to dirty, rascalgto, and Dick's! :cheers2:
our ranks continue to grow :D

DJ Flight
04-20-2010, 9:06 AM
Checking in from Nipomo. Shot 3-D and target archery for years, andddd now have the itch for firearms.

vanjons
04-22-2010, 8:11 PM
morro bay here:chris: im glad to see so many locals in here cant wait to get down to SLOSA for the 1st time and meet some of you guys

Rusty413
04-28-2010, 9:18 AM
Santa Cruz, woot woot! More specifically the east side. I just got my first AR15 and I'm glad to see there's at least one other person like me in the Cruz lol. For a while there I was convinced I was the only gum toting, cope chewing, country listening, boot wearing son of a gun in the area

Rusty413
04-28-2010, 9:55 AM
One more thing... I was trying to make this an actual thread but it wouldn't allow me prob cus I'm new here... Where do you guys go shooting at? Where are there ranges on the central coast and what are the specifics of that range (cal restrictions, range distances, can you rent guns, and so on). I am also aware that there is a lot of blm land in the area. Has anyone gone shooting there? How was it? Where is there land in the area where one can go hunting and so on. I just think the answers to these questions would be beneficial to cen coast calgunners

big mike 1911
05-03-2010, 2:01 PM
salinas,ca- im getting in to hunting just got my 30-06 anybody know anywhere in can go hunt let me know i would love to go. i go to the laguna seca range as well as markleys. in fact im going to laguna mothers day morning to devirginze my new weatherby 30-06 would love to see you there!

ZenMasta
05-10-2010, 9:44 PM
Watsonville computer geek here. Just recently joined the ranks as a proud ar 15 owner. Mostly grew up shooting 22lr 9mm and 3030. I target shoot in the corralitos mountains, private property. But RE BLM checkout http://www.blm.gov/

goober
05-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Welcome to ZenMasta, big mike 1911, Rusty413, vanjons, and DJ Flight!
Stay tuned Central Coasters, I'll be announcing some activities coming up that you may want to get involved in...

Also- are there any CRPA (http://www.crpa.org/) members among us? if so, please see this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297877) and download and sign the nomination petitions to get 6 CGF members elected to several CRPA committees. And if you're not a CRPA member, go join and then sign the petitions! :chris:
(must be a CRPA member to sign)

sniperdude
05-20-2010, 5:58 PM
Watsonville computer geek here. Just recently joined the ranks as a proud ar 15 owner. Mostly grew up shooting 22lr 9mm and 3030. I target shoot in the corralitos mountains, private property. But RE BLM checkout http://www.blm.gov/that must be nice! I have heard a few people shoot up there past the meat locker/ pizza place.

danerd
05-20-2010, 9:59 PM
Im in SLO too. I go to Cal Poly.

Anyone know of any area to shoot for free?

I usually go to the end of pozo road waaaaaaaay out there, that and the old rinconada mine.

goober
05-23-2010, 8:56 AM
Hey folks-
Please see THIS THREAD (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=303573), regarding getting yourself (w/ contact info & location) on a list of those willing to volunteer for various C3 activities/projects. :)
Thanks!

Wolfsix
05-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone, just became a member after lurking for awhile. Hope to improve my skill set from other Calgunners. I'm located in Watsonville.

franklinarmory
05-30-2010, 7:05 AM
All right, I guess I'm past due for signing in. Our shop is in the the SF Bay Chapter (Morgan Hill,) but I live in San Benito County. I'm a former AFM/AMA road racer, avid big game and quail hunter, and most importantly, a father of 3 and devoted family man.

My wife and I run Franklin Armory, which is a state and federally licensed firearms manufacturer of "California Model" AR rifles. Our business model is designed to introduce a quality AR product in a manner that reduces the liability for Ca gun shops. (Some of these shops have never carried an EBR until now!) We're hoping that our efforts will benefit the Calguns community (and our own bottom line) by expanding the avenues by which customers can purchase the AR platform. More owners = more voters on our side. :)

MedicDrew
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Santa Cruz Mountains here....

Glockgunner
06-03-2010, 7:11 PM
Monterey here. Started shooting with dad as a kid. Got away from it for a while but now shoot regularly. Laguna Seca and Markley's. .22LR, 9mm, .357 magnum, AR in 5.56. Want to learn about reloading and get into that. Shotguns in the past too, but not in recent years. Glad to see so many Calgunners coming out of the woodwork. There have been many days at Laguna Seca when there were more ARs than non ARs!

goober
06-03-2010, 9:05 PM
All right, I guess I'm past due for signing in. Our shop is in the the SF Bay Chapter (Morgan Hill,) but I live in San Benito County. I'm a former AFM/AMA road racer, avid big game and quail hunter, and most importantly, a father of 3 and devoted family man.

My wife and I run Franklin Armory, which is a state and federally licensed firearms manufacturer of "California Model" AR rifles. Our business model is designed to introduce a quality AR product in a manner that reduces the liability for Ca gun shops. (Some of these shops have never carried an EBR until now!) We're hoping that our efforts will benefit the Calguns community (and our own bottom line) by expanding the avenues by which customers can purchase the AR platform. More owners = more voters on our side. :)

welcome, franklinarmory!
so you are Type 01 or 07 FFL? good for you! :)

goober
06-03-2010, 9:09 PM
welcome, danerd, WolfSix, MedicDrew, and Glockgunner!
everyone please be sure to participate in the CRPA nomination activity (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297877) if you can, and remember to PM me w/ your contact info if you'd like to get on a list for volunteer work.
thanks!

Kynoch
06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
San Luis Obispo here. I appreciate most firearms -- especially .22's and military service rifles...

badduggy
06-11-2010, 8:43 AM
checking in from the monterey bay. anyone here a member of lsssa or usi?

Chief-7700
06-11-2010, 10:21 AM
checking in from the monterey bay. anyone here a member of lsssa or usi?

I'm a Member of LSSSA.

anyracoon
06-12-2010, 7:18 AM
Hey Chief! Are you going to IDPA shoot at the Soledad range on the 27th?

Chief-7700
06-12-2010, 7:28 AM
Hey Chief! Are you going to IDPA shoot at the Soledad range on the 27th?

Yes, I will be there.

westsiderippa
06-12-2010, 9:19 AM
Santa Cruz signing on!!!!

Timofey
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Arroyo Grande/VAFB online.

popeye4
06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm in Boulder Creek, up the valley from Santa Cruz. Borderline Bay Area, but I like this side of the hill better!

I'm primarily a rifleman, shooting highpower (AR15, M14, M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield). I shoot at Los Altos R&G, Metcalf and the Carmel Swiss Rifle Club (Carmel Gun Club). I am also an amateur gunsmith (took classes at Lassen but decided I couldn't feed myself as a 'smith, thinking about getting the FFL), have a lathe/welding setup with parkerizing tank. Also avid reloader, particularly for the highpower ammo.

I'm thinking of setting up a 10m air rifle range in my yard...... perhaps an informal league in the making?

Timofey
06-16-2010, 3:55 PM
Mostly Milsurp for me. Russian, Brit, German, Italian, US, French, and Japanese. Some pre 1900 stuff as well.

I am now getting used to my Beretta M9, my first over the counter new gun ever!

For some reason I am now finding deals on .22 trainers.

95% of my range time is at VAFB. I have been invited to SLOSA but have not made it out there yet. Tomorrow is Range Masters for some pistol time.

Loctite
06-26-2010, 4:02 PM
Hey folks,

Loctite here in Soquel. I shoot occasionally at Markley's. I shoot mostly .22 pistol for economical reasons. I also occasionally shoot 9mm. I'm also thinking about getting into rifles. My interests related to rifles are more centered on survival than tactical, although I think long distance shooting might be fun. But, like most others, I'm on a pretty tight budget so any decisions are slow and calculated. Anyway, it should be fun to talk with people in the area and find out where the longer outdoor ranges are locally.

Looking forward.
*Loctite*

goober
06-26-2010, 4:14 PM
Welcome to all you that have signed on since I last posted!
Please be sure to PM me with your contact info if you are up for doing volunteer work (range cleanups, vendor/FFL outreach, gunshow and other event booths, etc.)
There hasn't been too much going on since this roll call was first started, but that's about to change very soon.
So let me know if you'd like to pitch in!

mike in CA
06-29-2010, 11:57 PM
I would like to get involved with you guys on things. I am in Monterey.
Received my back injection and am ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7-25-10

Let me know if anyone is going to the Laguna Seca shooting range anytime soon. I would like to go and meet some of you local CalGunners. I was thinking of maybe this afternoon as a posibility. Next week is Cherry's Jubilee, so the range will likely be closed for that.

Thanks

Mike

Mike in CA

Maxwell663
07-05-2010, 1:03 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm in SLO County just north of the Grade. I have yet to take any of my "black" rifles out here. I have always gone over to Bakersfield to shoot. I would like to find a nice place to shoot here on the coast.

Manic Mechanic
07-05-2010, 4:08 PM
Maxwell,

I'm headed out right now for a little shooting. I am looking for a good low profile/close shooting location. The Pozo area is OK but I'm hoping for something a little closer.

I hear black rifle disease is contagious.

Timofey
07-05-2010, 4:09 PM
Hey Maxwell,

Two nice ones in these parts:
http://www.santaluciasportsmen.org/

and

http://www.slosa.org/

Aptos
07-10-2010, 4:33 PM
Aptos.

Hello to the Santa Cruz contingent!

Amgine
07-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi all-

I haven't been on here in a long time. This is great having these regional forums.

My name is Kevin and I live in Baywood Park (Los Osos). I currently only have one firearm, a Glock 17. But I've previously owned a few (1940 Mauser P-38, 1944 M-1 Carbine, 1992 S.A. .45).

I don't shoot very often since it's so expensive. I use my 'spare' money for other things, like watches and watchmaking tools, which is my new hobby.

Take it easy! I'll try to be around.

Cybnew
07-25-2010, 2:07 PM
Hi,

Name's Mat and I live in SLO county (Cayucos). Just started going to SLOSA couple weeks ago.

otteray
07-25-2010, 3:55 PM
Westside of Santa Cruz here!
A hearty shout-out to our brothers and sisters down in the southern end of the Calgun C3 area, where I'll be Opening Day Dove Hunting on Sept 1st!:):)

mike in CA
07-25-2010, 5:47 PM
I'm in Monterey. Shoot at Laguna Seca. I shoot both rifles and hand guns.

deadlyapp
08-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Checking in here as a SLO guy. I'll be moving back down in the fall for at least 6 months while I finish up school, we'll see where I go from there.

While I'm in here : Any clues where I can get a solid smaller safe (<14 gun) that isn't cheap sheet metal?

Loctite
08-12-2010, 9:24 AM
I recently got a Cannon Ex20 from Costco on sale for $580 including shipping. I'm not sure if it is still on sale, but I got it through the online store.

http://tinyurl.com/costco-cannon-ex20

Not the best safe in the world and anyone with an hour and a big pry bar could probably get in. But it would keep casual burglers and kids out for sure.

ar15kills
08-12-2010, 9:23 PM
I thought slo was the central coast. Driving to Salinas and laguna seca doesn't seem to be central coast to me. Am I wrong?

deadlyapp
08-13-2010, 9:03 PM
I thought slo was the central coast. Driving to Salinas and laguna seca doesn't seem to be central coast to me. Am I wrong?

I'd still say salinas is reasonably central coast. Unfortunately the central coast is pretty much everything from santa cruz on down to LA IMO.

Whoever mentioned costco, that's still more than I was hoping for. I really don't need the internal power box, electronic lock, or high fire safety. I really want something in the 350-400 range.

I'll have to do a bit of google fu when I get back down there I guess :shrug:

$P-Ritch$
08-15-2010, 6:37 PM
Hey all, just moved to slo for school and will be living here for the next four years. I have a pretty flexible schedule and would be able to volunteer a helping hand when needed. So, with that out of the way, where are all the ranges/shops/competitions around here. I am mostly looking for like idpa, gssf, or uspsa type events.

Thanks, jon.

deadlyapp
08-16-2010, 8:07 PM
Hey all, just moved to slo for school and will be living here for the next four years. I have a pretty flexible schedule and would be able to volunteer a helping hand when needed. So, with that out of the way, where are all the ranges/shops/competitions around here. I am mostly looking for like idpa, gssf, or uspsa type events.

Thanks, jon.

checkout slosa.org, they are the only reasonably close place and I think they do some ipda style stuff.

Kynoch
08-16-2010, 9:14 PM

Thanks, jon.
SLO Sportsmen's Association has the Hogue Pistol Range which has room for 9-10 stages. It's very nice. SLOSA is $50/year plus $5.00 each day you visit the public rifle/pistol range and you get a discount for events held at the Hogue Range.

Santa Lucia Sportsman's Association is $80.00/year but you can use the ranges without additional charges unless they are specific events and even then they are cheaper than SLO.

SLOSA is far closer to Cuesta College (a couple of miles west on Highway 1) while both SLOSA and Santa Lucia (which is in Atascadero) is equidistant to Cal Poly.

$P-Ritch$
08-17-2010, 2:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to be living literally next door to the mens colony so slosa will only be about 5 mins away. I've never experienced having a range so close by, now i hope i don't go broke. I also need to check out that santa lucia range this weekend.

newguy40
08-20-2010, 8:06 AM
Newguy here in SCZ city and county.

Picked up shooting again after a long long time. I have two boys and want to get them interested and trained well and safely.

I have a S&W .357 and started the boys with a Marlin 925. I recently joined the Scotts Valley Sportsman Club. Love it!

Dreaming of service rifles Garand and Springfield....

Also, wanted to say how shocked I am at how expensive ammunition has become... yikes...

dababbs
08-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Hello, my name is Ben. I live in Paso Robles and work in SLO. I try to make it to the SLOSA range once a month or so with my two little boys. I've been a plinker since I was a kid, but always looking to get better.

EDunham
08-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey guys Eric here in Monterey,
Im a long time shooter/hunter, I enjoy pistol and riffle shooting at Laguna Seca. I have a fairly descent collection of guns to include my AR15, Remington 700 30-06, Springfield 1911 a1, S&W 357..9mm..&22, and a few shotguns.

teufelhunden
09-26-2010, 7:51 PM
Teufelhunden checking in. I live in the SLO area. I am a member at SLOSA and occassionally shoot at the Atascadero range (Santa Lucia?).

I'd like to find an low key shooting area in the National Forest or on BLM land. SLOSA is great but I much prefer to go shooting in the back country. If anyone here knows of good shooting areas in the backcountry in SLO County, please shoot me a PM or post here. Thanks! :)

titankeith
10-08-2010, 8:21 AM
hello-Newbie to this forum from Santa Maria...I do consider Santa Maria central coast even if it's the southern tip of the central coast!
I'm retired Marine, and a business owner and a defender of the 2nd amendment. I love California, but HATE its socialist...er, check that...FASCIST politics... I have a CMMG AR-15, a glock model .23 .40, and a Shotgun.
I also think that Frontsight tactical training in Nevada is by far some of the best training I've ever had...heading there this month for the 4-day tactical handgun course!

goober
10-08-2010, 8:59 AM
Welcome to all who have sounded off recently! It's great to hear where everyone is from and what their interests are, hopefully we can have a meet 'n greet and/or shoot 'n Q sometime soon, perhaps in the middle somewhere or 1 in S & 1 in N Central Coast.
Watch this forum and the Social Group for info on this and other future activities.

jonzer77
10-14-2010, 7:50 AM
Watsonville here, I usually go to Markleys for pistol shooting and Sunnyvale for my rifle since they are black rifle friendly. I haven't tried laguna seca yet but I want too, I would really love to know of any open land in the Santa Cruz, Monterey, or San Benito county that I can shoot and would be interested in a meet.

I am good with computers, finance and credit and now slowly learning guns :)

sniperdude
10-22-2010, 6:18 PM
^^I'm also interested in that. Anyone down to shoot? Most of my shooting buddies don't have time. I live in Watsonville. I have a Ruger 10/22 and springfield armory XD9.

jonzer77
10-23-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=340084&page=5

I found a link where they are talking about some land off of the I-5

goober
10-23-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=340084&page=5

I found a link where they are talking about some land off of the I-5

That's Panoche (http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/hollister/panoche_tumeys.html), it's a very popular chunk of BLM land that is open pretty much Oct-April or so (well its open year-round but closed to vehicles during fire season...and you don't really wanna hump all yer shooting gear in :o ).
Most folks shoot in a spot real close to the 3rd entrance gate at the top of the hill, but you can also drive way back in there if your vehicle is up to it (STAY ON ROADS!) and find good shooting/camping spots.
As with all public lands, be sure to obey all signs and regs, and leave it nicer than you found it. There have been abuses in the past and we don't need to give anyone any ammo for taking yet another spot away from us.

notdonewithgun
11-11-2010, 3:52 AM
I've been in the area for a long time, but I am rather new to firearms and shooting.
The hardest thing is finding time to practice.
Have been to Markleys, and have practiced on private land near Lake San Antonio. Looking forward to getting out to some of the other local ranges, and hopefully to some Calguns events.

robert68
11-20-2010, 7:17 AM
Obispo resident. Full time daddy. 40+ years Old

And a wife that knows the value of a good firearm, accessories, practice, and more about AR's than i ever want to. She's employed too, which helps alot since i stay home alot and not work.

goober
11-20-2010, 7:50 AM
Welcome, robert68! PM replied.

skunk2uned
11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey guys... Bryan here! Grover Beach Checking in =) I own a Smith and Wesson .38 special, Colt .22 subcompact, and about to purchase a Colt Rimfire .22lr.
Im here to help in anyway i can. And would love to have a meet and greet if there are any?

Barrelmon
11-29-2010, 1:04 PM
Barrelmon Checking in from the South Coast - Goleta - Santa Barbara

Hunting Quail, Dove, Squirrels, yotes, pig, Turkey (any ranchers wanna take me on there property?)
NRA
Dirtbike
Surfing
Fishing
Shooting

My trade is Film Production/Photography. I make Mini-Documentaries, Commercials, Music Videos.

Let's make some Pro-Gun Propaganda!

goober
11-29-2010, 2:06 PM
Barrelmon Checking in from the South Coast - Goleta - Santa Barbara

Hunting Quail, Dove, Squirrels, yotes, pig, Turkey (any ranchers wanna take me on there property?)
NRA
Dirtbike
Surfing
Fishing
Shooting

My trade is Film Production/Photography. I make Mini-Documentaries, Commercials, Music Videos.

Let's make some Pro-Gun Propaganda!

Welcome, Barrelmon!
I grew up around there, lived in the Hidden Valley area for most of my youth...
Good to know that you have film production skills... Don't be surprised if CGF takes you up on your suggestion! :D

Barrelmon
12-03-2010, 7:21 AM
Thanks Goober!

Nice area to grow up. I moved here for work but am born/raised in the 805.

edog11
12-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Santa Maria

Guns , cars the usually stuff. I need to build some kits I have had for a while. I can host a build party one of these days if some people want to get together one day. Im a first time builder so I need to find someone with experience. Anyway just wanted to check in and say hi. I havent been on here in a long time.

goober
12-12-2010, 11:33 AM
welcome edog11! (as well as any others who have checked in lately, i apologize for not always responding...)

you're talking AK build party i assume?

edog11
12-14-2010, 5:33 PM
welcome edog11! (as well as any others who have checked in lately, i apologize for not always responding...)

you're talking AK build party i assume?

Yeah Ak or FAL or ???

fpasuncion
12-15-2010, 7:43 PM
Los Osos, California
Skateboarding is my past time.
Beretta Bobcat & Cougar
AR, Yugo M70s, Uzi clone
I'd like to learn how to shoot long range.
I visit SLOSA occassionally.

davek8s
01-05-2011, 8:18 AM
Hi my name is Dave and Im a long time lurker. Thought it was time to check in. I own to many guns to list, but lately I've been into shooting 22lr since it cheap.

I'm a big fan of shooting on blm land, Panoche hills and williams down by king city.

Just moved to hollister from Sj. So its nice to see so many people close by.

colt, glock, henry, 5x S&W, SA, savage, cobray ,gsg, 4x ruger.... and growing

SikDMAX
01-05-2011, 8:24 AM
Welcome Dave! Im headed up your way to PPT a 1911 in Salinas today then make a pick up in Gilroy!

ken worth
01-16-2011, 5:31 PM
I just joined the forum. I'm in Lockwood,like to shoot. I'm a Front sight lifetime member.was a truck owner/operator untill dec 31st now an unemployed truck driver.

goober
01-16-2011, 7:14 PM
welcome to CGN and to the Central Coast Chapter, ken worth! (i supose i can guess what kind of truck you drive :p )

Omil
01-16-2011, 7:26 PM
Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

Hi, I'm in Los Angeles area, no skills, no talent, no hobbies, always LAZY!:cool2:

darksilhouette
01-23-2011, 3:13 PM
Hi there, Cal Poly student originally from SF bay area.

MN 91/30 Tula so far. Still trying to get money for more

SLOSA member.

goober
01-23-2011, 4:58 PM
Hi there, Cal Poly student originally from SF bay area.

MN 91/30 Tula so far. Still trying to get money for more

SLOSA member.

howdy darksilhouette, and welcome!!! :)

dc1979
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
hello fellow Central Coast Cal Gunners. Ive been browsing Calguns on and off for the last 3 years and I have learned alot about California's complicated and ridiculous gun laws. Well 3 years later I now am a proud owner of 4 EBR's. I own two ar15s with bullet buttons and one NDS3 akm style rifle with a bullet button and the other one is featureless. I like to go out to the Panoche Hills to target shoot, theres alot of great spots for target shooting out there.

goober
01-26-2011, 4:57 AM
howdy dc1979, and welcome! :cheers2:

otteray
01-26-2011, 6:16 PM
dc1979, greetings from the other end of the Monterey Bay.

ag11988
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
watsonville, santa cruz county.

goober
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
watsonville, santa cruz county.

welcome, ag11988! :cheers2:

please help out if you can (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=361428)

Ocular_Trauma
02-17-2011, 5:40 PM
Just found the thread, figured I should check in!

Salinas here, previously Big Sur and Monterey.

My sig has all the good stuff, I now work IT in the AG Industry, play SCCA AutoX with the NorCalUFO bunch once a month and I'm a sucker for anything chambered in .22lr or built between 1910 and 1950. (CMP MilSurp FTW!) I'm building my first AR this week, something I've wanted since passing on a new-in-box Colt HBAR @ Marklies in '99 (oh, if only I hadn't been so young and foolish!) Past LSSSA Member and spent a lot of time in San Ardo committing squirrel genocide. I've been off the range for a while, looking to get back into the swing of things.

Chances are someone recognizes me by the description, save it for a PM and I'll buy you a beer :D I know there is at least 2 of you out there...

Thanks!

anyracoon
02-18-2011, 5:25 AM
OT Welcome to the Central Coast gang. PM sent!

jtmoney
02-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey all, makin the official intro in here. Originally from Gilroy, livin in hollister for the brief moment til we close on a home in prunedale. Just making the formal rounds and gotta say Im loving the site so far!

goober
02-27-2011, 1:59 PM
Welcome to OT & jtmoney! And thanks to OT for his sponsorship of the CCW unshine Initiative in Monterey Co! :cheers2:

Arias
02-27-2011, 4:38 PM
Hey fellas, checking in from Salinas. Figure I should introduce myself now that I have diagnosed with black-rifle-itis.

I try to get to Laguna Seca at least twice a month, so if your planning on going and need a buddy, hit me up!

mattb1
03-02-2011, 2:54 PM
hello everyone. i'm checking in from hollister. pretty new to shooting about a year experience But already own 2 handguns 9mm and .40 S&W.

I'm looking to get into reloading to feed my new hobby. Any pointers about setups let me know.

jtmoney
03-04-2011, 2:14 PM
hello everyone. i'm checking in from hollister. pretty new to shooting about a year experience But already own 2 handguns 9mm and .40 S&W.

I'm looking to get into reloading to feed my new hobby. Any pointers about setups let me know.

Hey mattb1 Im new to the site and in Hollister as well. I was looking at getbulletsandbrass.com today, theyre in gilroy (anyone feel free to chime in if youve dealt with them). They offer a hands on how to for anyone looking to get into reloading and packages with anything from, just a demo, to the equipment as well.

*on a side note, how do I get access to post a thread in this section?

mattb1
03-05-2011, 6:29 AM
I havent heard of getbulletsandbrass.com before. I couldnt find address on their website so i could go check them out. I'm going send them an some emails. thanks for the pointer

I dont know how to get access to post. i'm new as well

goober
03-05-2011, 6:56 AM

Howdy mattb1!!! And Welcome! :cheers2:
There is a reloading forum here on CalGuns, lots of knowledge to feast on there.
Personally, I'd tell ya that w/ Dillon gear you can't go wrong. Get a 550 or a 650 and you're off & running. Not the cheapest stuff around, but very well-built & designed, and customer service is top-notch.

Hey mattb1 Im new to the site and in Hollister as well. I was looking at getbulletsandbrass.com today, theyre in gilroy (anyone feel free to chime in if youve dealt with them). They offer a hands on how to for anyone looking to get into reloading and packages with anything from, just a demo, to the equipment as well.

*on a side note, how do I get access to post a thread in this section?

I havent heard of getbulletsandbrass.com before. I couldnt find address on their website so i could go check them out. I'm going send them an some emails. thanks for the pointer

jtmoney, I will look into your question. I thought that anyone could post a thread in the Central Coast forum, but I could be wrong. :o
And I'll look into that outfit in Gilroy as well, sounds interesting...

ETA: Looks like only C3 Leaders can start threads in this forum... So what I'll do is start a "Thread Request Thread" so that anyone can post in it and I will then create the thread you request. Sorta kludgey workaround, but that's what I've got for now.
I believe you can all also post new threads in the Central Coast Community Chapter Social Group Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=8) as well....

jtmoney
03-05-2011, 12:08 PM

I couldnt find an address either on their site. I typed it into my google search and it took me to a residential address. Their website says a physical location is coming end of 2010 but I havent found anything further. How can you be a FFL dealer without a business address?

WOOLEY BOOGER
03-13-2011, 9:36 PM
WOOLEY BOOGER, Arroyo Grande, just checking in. special talents are none but i do have ak building equip. also looking to help with ccw in slo

xhogboss
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Checkin' in from Cayucos. Been hunting, reloading and working on my own guns seems like forever. Love shooting squirrels with the 204. Teaching the grandson about hunting and shooting is the best! Black rifles and switch-barrel Savages are addicting.

Cencoast
03-25-2011, 6:10 PM
Salinas here new to guns hope to expand my knowledge and understanding for all firearms

goober
03-25-2011, 6:18 PM
Welcome WOOLEY, xhogboss, and Cencoast!
I see none of you are exactly new to CalGuns... Thanks for sounding of as Central Coasters & good to meet you! :cheers2:

Domingoarcia3
03-26-2011, 2:59 PM
Hello I am fairly new to the forum. I live in marina and i have many guns. Alot people know me from nightlife and glad im done with that. Love to shoot at laguna seca and at markleys (mecca). My favorite guns i have are my winchester 1894 pre64 30-30. My dan wesson .357 model 15 pistol pak with 4 barrels 3 grips. Always looking to expand my collection. If you have guns for sale i will buy. Robert ashmore is the best gunsmith in central coast

Chief-7700
03-26-2011, 3:29 PM
Hello I am fairly new to the forum. I live in marina and i have many guns. Alot people know me from nightlife and glad im done with that. Love to shoot at laguna seca and at markleys (mecca). My favorite guns i have are my winchester 1894 pre64 30-30. My dan wesson .357 model 15 pistol pak with 4 barrels 3 grips. Always looking to expand my collection. If you have guns for sale i will buy. Robert ashmore is the best gunsmith in central coast

Come join us at:http://www.lsssa.org/LSSSA/Welcome.html

BearWhoHunts
04-07-2011, 4:41 PM
Hey- Im not sure if I have checked in here as of yet. I live in Santa Cruz and work as a farmer just north of town. I hunt as often as possible and have been shooting as long as I could hold a gun. I love all the great info here on calguns and look forward to participating in CGN events in the future! I mostly go out for quail and pig but im going to do some deer hunting and other upland game as well!
Happy Hunting!

goober
04-07-2011, 5:25 PM
Welcome, BearWhoHunts and Domingogarcia3!!! :cheers2:

Bear, I'm looking to get into pig hunting, if you ever want a buddy (noob to pigs, not hunting in general) to tag along/show the ropes, PM me!

otteray
04-07-2011, 6:23 PM
BearWhoHunts,
Welcome! It seems there are quite a few of us shooters around Santa Cruz, after all.
Check your private message box here...

CarlozRossi
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Wow. I can't believe I just found this thread.

Anyways, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 24 and live in Salinas.
I just got my 1st handgun, A Ruger SR9c and couldn't be more happier.
So far I have only gone to Markleys in Watsonville to shoot
but I'm hoping to find other places around here as well.

Much love to Calguns, as this is by far the most resourceful forum I've been too.

watsonville
04-09-2011, 4:14 PM
checking in from watsonville new to the forum interested in connecting with like minded individuals hope to participate in events to support the 2nd amendment rise in california interested in the firearms community all aspects hunting reloading training and legal thanks for cal guns

Domingoarcia3
04-11-2011, 7:14 PM
Hey guys, a little tired of guys on the forsale thread, to expencive for crap and nothing in Our area Monterey bay. If you wanna sale some guns let me know. Really good pals with Robert Ashmore FFL. I like H&Ks glocks and desert eagles. take almost nything if price is right

Viper
04-13-2011, 5:03 PM
Is San Benito County considered Central Coast?

anyracoon
04-13-2011, 6:22 PM
I would think so.

otteray
04-13-2011, 6:44 PM
I dispatch for SC County Public Works (although we are not located at the 911 Center but they do coverage for us after hours), and it looks like San Benito has a pod in our Santa Cruz Regional 911 Dispatch Operations; so I'd say for sure y'all qualify.
Scroll through it; very informative, showing a diagram of your county's dispatch pod, right here in Santa Cruz!
Santa Cruz Regional 9-1-1
San Benito/Hollister Dispatch Study (http://hollister.ca.gov/site/Documents/05_San_Benito_Hollister_SCR911_Presentation_for_Ho llister.pdf)

goober
04-13-2011, 7:08 PM
Is San Benito County considered Central Coast?

yep

welcome to you & watsonville, CarlozRossi, and anyracoon! :)

Viper
04-14-2011, 5:35 PM
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was in the right area before posting.

watsonville
05-01-2011, 1:43 PM
anyone on the central coast on calguns????

goober
05-01-2011, 2:19 PM

you're kidding, right? :D
(i'm just south of you on Elkhorn Slough)
the C3 Chapter has been quiet lately, but yes, if you look around here in this forum and in the Social Chapter, you'll see there are quite a few CalGunners in your stomping grounds :)

celticstorm
05-06-2011, 12:44 PM

We are in the Lompoc/Santa Ynez Valley area, if you consider that central coast.

watsonville
05-06-2011, 4:16 PM
im not an idiot i understand theres people from the central coast area on calguns but im saying lets get something going for our chapter range meet up help the fight for shall issue ccw on the coast something theres only a post on here about once every month or so thats all im saying lets do something for the 2nd ammendment rights thank you for posting

otteray
05-06-2011, 4:28 PM
you're kidding, right? :D
(i'm just south of you on Elkhorn Slough)
the C3 Chapter has been quiet lately, but yes, if you look around here in this forum and in the Social Chapter, you'll see there are quite a fe w CalGunners in your stomping grounds :)

Hey, I'll be headed to Markleys tomorrow to pick up my Yugo 59 cash from the consignment sale; then down to J&S Surplus in Moss Landing for some air soft ammo for my new birthday toy.
Looks like they carry the quality stuff and they even told me to bring my new fake pistol.
Our club is occasionally using air soft rather than real lead in the training ladder for some of the action pistol scenarios.

From the far West Side of Santa Cruz.
Ray

Viper
05-06-2011, 5:04 PM
I am at Markley's almost every Sunday with my family. I just ordered an AR-15 Lower from Zombie-Defense.com through them. What did you have in mind doing for the 2nd ammendment rights?

otteray
05-06-2011, 8:39 PM
me, Viper? Since you ask...
My sig says it.

Hmm, I'm a CalGun volunteer at Bay Area Gun Shows, when possible.
I've only been in one, so far. What a rewarding experience, meeting some really dedicated 2nd A advocates. Missed meeting Gene Hoffman by one day!

Invited Bill Weiss to speak at our local club awhile back; what a dedicated and super smart guy for our cause. He gave a memorable presentation!

Oh, and the NRA all the way! I'm a member!

And last but not least. My truck proudly wears pro gun bumper stickers: Calguns NRA and CRPA.

I've also converted a few anti gun advocates to pro gun rights!

Oh yeah, I participate in paycheck contributions to Calguns every payday.

goober
05-06-2011, 9:37 PM
im not an idiot i understand theres people from the central coast area on calguns but im saying lets get something going for our chapter range meet up help the fight for shall issue ccw on the coast something theres only a post on here about once every month or so thats all im saying lets do something for the 2nd ammendment rights thank you for posting

@watsonville-
i meant no offense, i hope none was taken. you asked a question, and it was answered.
if you had started with something like this second post, the response would have been totally different.
as i mentioned, it has been a bit slow in the Chapter for a few months. i've been quite busy with work, and have not had as much time to coordinate chapter activities as i'd like.
tell you what, PM me and let's talk about what you'd like to see in the way of chapter events or activities. you sound motivated and i'd hate to see that go to waste.
as far as CCW efforts go, have you sponsored your county in the Sunshine Initiative? that's certainly a great way to support the effort.

@ otteray- PM inbound. i was thinking of dropping by Markley's tomorrow AM to drop of some flow charts & CGN literature. maybe we can meet up?

otteray
05-07-2011, 2:01 PM
Goober, missed meeting you at Markleys.
I was only there for a few minutes. Said hi to Joe, couldn't find any bullet lube and picked up a consignment check.

Viper, have you signed the petition to reopen Elkhorn Slough for bird hunting and for the BLM use in Santa Cruz?
I saw it at J&S Supply in Moss Landing.
I'm getting a bit OT now, I guess.

goober
05-07-2011, 2:40 PM
damn, i think i was there and heard you ask him for the bullet lube :p
guess i should have spoken up but having never met you i wasn't sure if you were even there... oh well, next time :)

hope your trips to Markley's and J&S were fun & productive.

on another note, i may have some news to report regarding Monterey Co. CCW developments this weekend...

Viper
05-07-2011, 7:24 PM
@otteray -
thanks for the info. I will take a trip over to J&S Supply to sign the petition.

thunderchimp
05-13-2011, 1:32 AM
thunderchimp
howdy

jltapia
05-18-2011, 3:52 PM
I am at Markley's almost every Sunday with my family. I just ordered an AR-15 Lower from Zombie-Defense.com through them. What did you have in mind doing for the 2nd ammendment rights?

Hey Viper, are you saying that Markley's is now AR friendly? I tried ordering an AR-15 lower through them about a year ago, and when I asked them, they looked at me as if I was crazy.

anyracoon
05-18-2011, 4:08 PM
Jltapai
FYI
Hunters Supply in Salinas has a few assembled lowers in stock and are very AR friendly. Alot better than Trigger Hill was back in the day after the "Ban" took place.

goober
05-18-2011, 4:49 PM
Hunter's Supply is handling the Franklin Armory products such as the XO-26 as well :D
Markley's has improved a lot but they are still a bit lost in the FUD-fog...

jltapia
05-19-2011, 7:50 AM
Thanks anyracoon, i will stop by Hunter's Supply one of these days. I used to shop there all the time, but now it's kind of hard since they started closing early. The only thing with them is that they wouldn't do transfers for items you buy online.

onebadgarcia
06-25-2011, 4:19 PM
new to forum, glad to be here

goober
06-28-2011, 3:13 PM
Howdy, onebadgarcia! And Welcome. :cheers2:

Yaki
06-30-2011, 9:02 PM
North Salinas here. Brand new to guns but not reptiles :D

chrisdesoup
07-13-2011, 6:23 AM
checking in... new to the area.

goober
07-15-2011, 7:13 AM
Howdy Yaki & chrisdesoup! :cheers2:
And Welcome Aboard!

DonMungia
09-07-2011, 4:02 PM
Name: DonMungia
City: Salinas
Glock owner. Wants to Open Carry with other like minded people and get citizens educated.

gina
09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone! New to posting here! I am located in Santa Maria :)

otteray
09-14-2011, 3:27 PM
One of my favorite places. Historic home of the Holy Grail of grilled beef, the wonderfully aromatic, mouthwatering and stupefyingly delicious Santa Maria style Tri-Tip steak!

goober
09-14-2011, 8:52 PM
yep. Tri-Tip has become fairly common even outside the state, but i can remember when nobody outside the tri-counties area knew what it was :p
(i grew up in santa barbara)
welcome to gina & DonMungia! :cheers2:

thomasesmith3
09-18-2011, 8:00 PM
Salinas here, new CA resident, new Calguns member... Looking to get involved in shall issue CCW in Monterey County.

thomasesmith3
10-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Why is it that Central Coast members can't post new (up to date) threads? Most all the threads for organizing meet ups are old... We have 5 people in the last two weeks expressing the desire to organize a meet up but there's no real way to organize one... What are the rules? Can somebody organize one? What's going on?

anyracoon
10-01-2011, 4:29 PM
Contact WildHawker

Kosuki
10-03-2011, 4:41 PM
Hey,
My name is Chris I live in San Luis Obispo (SLO)
I wish to join this Chapter and contribute in any may I can.

SCZ
10-10-2011, 12:26 PM
New member from the Santa Cruz area.

Don't own a firearm, nor is there one in my household, but I do support 2A as I feel it's NECESSARY to securing the rest of the Bill of Rights.

otteray
10-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the support, SCZ!

I private messaged to you here... check your inbox

goober
10-10-2011, 2:30 PM
Why is it that Central Coast members can't post new (up to date) threads? Most all the threads for organizing meet ups are old... We have 5 people in the last two weeks expressing the desire to organize a meet up but there's no real way to organize one... What are the rules? Can somebody organize one? What's going on?

@thomasesmith3-

I like your enthusiasm but I'm really not sure what it is you're asking? Permission to organize a meet up?
Or are you just complaining? :confused:

There are no rules dictating who can set up a get-together of Central Coast Calgunners. Anybody can set one up at any time. CGN is a DIY place. If you simply wait for somebody to do something for you, it may indeed happen. But if it's not happening fast enough for your liking, then make it so.

The Central Coast Community Chapter is geographically quite large, and depending on where events are located that could mean a fair amount of travel time for some folks. But by all means, organize away! Just do it!

I'm more than willing to help anybody that is interested in setting something up, in whatever way I can. Life has been a bit full lately for me to organize something myself, but I'm happy to pitch in when possible.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further, or exchange ideas on events/meetups, etc.

chrisdesoup
10-11-2011, 8:35 AM
I'm going to metcalf for a couple hours this Saturday. I normally have breakfast at a place called alexis on blossom hill and snell first and have a beer or two at the southside cafe on bernal and santa teresa after.

If anyone wants to meet up let me know.

goober
10-11-2011, 8:44 AM
Salinas here, new CA resident, new Calguns member... Looking to get involved in shall issue CCW in Monterey County.

become an LTC ambassador (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=483162)

get up to speed on recent developments (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=6372135#post6372135)

(petition action has run its course somewhat, as MCSO finally began accepting apps, but this will give you some background)

PM me for more info

SCZ
10-11-2011, 2:22 PM
Thanks for the support, SCZ!

I private messaged to you here... check your inbox

Gotcha... replied :)

RW Dunn
10-12-2011, 8:10 PM
Checking in from Salinas, it's been awhile, glad to see there's alot people from the CC

boho357
10-20-2011, 7:40 PM
Bojo checking in from Salinas.

maxfear
10-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey Guys, Checking in from Arroyo Grande.

KSC2_303
10-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Checking in from S***linas. Geez another day, another shooting.

Rehren
10-30-2011, 2:04 PM
Howdy, from Seaside.

senorgrand
11-05-2011, 3:20 PM
Hello from Atascadero (SLOCO). Just joined the CCCC group today.

goober
11-05-2011, 4:19 PM
welcome senorgrand!! not sure if its too far to consider but see the meetup thread if you're interested :)

senorgrand
11-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks I would love to go, but I usually have to work weekends. I do occasionally get a Thursday or Friday off though.

bttb22
11-06-2011, 5:50 PM
Los Osos here, i shoot .38, .40 and just pick up a custom AR. I am in need of getting out and shoot more often. Would like to get some training with my weapons.

Iron Sides
11-11-2011, 5:05 PM
West Creston area. Moved here from Colorado. Mostly .22 varmint and plinking. Had hopes of doing CAS, but never followed through. I am a little mobility impaired that doesn't stop me.

Learning what is and what ISN"T okay here compared to Colorado. Thanks for having this forum.

Notasheep
11-20-2011, 8:46 AM
Atascadero
Jack of many trades who loves to run and gun new to reloading trying to get my press dialed.I wanna get out to the blm but not as fun by yourself. I dig hunting and 3day scout camps Hit me up if you got something fun planned sounds like alot of cool folks here.Central Coast lets plan a shoot.

Gotrovr
11-22-2011, 8:30 PM
Aptos here........ Been around the block a few times. Friends of NRA event Chairman x2, past Board member at PVR&GC, founding member and past President of Northern California Land Rover Club. Hunting experience with black tail, hogs, upland game, waterfowl and cans. Recently built up an AR. Target shoot at Markley's and Santa Clara County Range.

CaliBikerDude
11-23-2011, 6:43 PM
Hey folks, new to the area, nice to see this forum.

CaliBikerDude
11-23-2011, 6:44 PM
Oh yea sorry living in SLO

SquidWithaGun
11-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey! NoMoCo here. Not quite Prunedale, not Castroville. Salinas by default. .308 rocks, .40 rolls, and 12 ga. 3 1/2 magnum will put you on your butt. I'm also pretty good at ringing the gong at Laguna with the ole .22 LR. I've had witnesses.

I'm looking to get into hunting and looking for a mentor.

Patermagnus
12-23-2011, 8:17 AM
Here in Aptos. Although I grew up shooting and served in the military, I took some time away from shooting until the last year or so. My girlfriend asked me to teach her how to shoot, and the fire was reignited after our first trip to the range.

I've got to tell you, until I started shopping for new weapons I had NO idea just how insane the anti-gun laws in California had become! What really scares me is that politicians in CA are convinced that their job is simply to create new legislation rather than running the government, and all of the Democratic politicians seem hell-bent on creating new anti-gun legislation to demonstrate how "tough on crime" they are! Mind you, they ignore statistics from the National Academy of Sciences, the CDC, Harvard, Yale, etc, all of which show that gun control causes more harm than good...

I'll step off the podium, I know I'm preaching to the choir. Anyway, returning to shooting has really opened my eyes in regards to CA politics, and it's worrying. With Gavin Newsom, a devout believer in gun control, just waiting in the wings to become the next governor, organizations like CalGuns are more necessary than ever.

jonzer77
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Here in Aptos. Although I grew up shooting and served in the military, I took some time away from shooting until the last year or so. My girlfriend asked me to teach her how to shoot, and the fire was reignited after our first trip to the range.

I've got to tell you, until I started shopping for new weapons I had NO idea just how insane the anti-gun laws in California had become! What really scares me is that politicians in CA are convinced that their job is simply to create new legislation rather than running the government, and all of the Democratic politicians seem hell-bent on creating new anti-gun legislation to demonstrate how "tough on crime" they are! Mind you, they ignore statistics from the National Academy of Sciences, the CDC, Harvard, Yale, etc, all of which show that gun control causes more harm than good...

I'll step off the podium, I know I'm preaching to the choir. Anyway, returning to shooting has really opened my eyes in regards to CA politics, and it's worrying. With Gavin Newsom, a devout believer in gun control, just waiting in the wings to become the next governor, organizations like CalGuns are more necessary than ever.

Amen brother

slosurfer
01-19-2012, 5:02 PM
In Morro Bay. Been away from the shooting pretty much since I got out of the Marines in 2001, but am getting back into it now (I miss my .50 cal and MK19 terribly). Starting to collect parts to build an AR15 at the moment. My kids are 4 and 7, so I really want to get them schooled up on firearm safety and start shooting (who knows, maybe I'll even be able to convince my wife to start as well). I also really want to start hunting this year as well and build up a decent gun collection.

I'm a 3rd generation born and raised Central Coast Californian, so I have no desire to leave here (no better place to have my children grow up), but damn I'm getting really tired of the laws/politicians here! More than willing to help all I can to defeat gun control bills and politicians.

goober
01-19-2012, 5:11 PM
In Morro Bay. Been away from the shooting pretty much since I got out of the Marines in 2001, but am getting back into it now (I miss my .50 cal and MK19 terribly). Starting to collect parts to build an AR15 at the moment. My kids are 4 and 7, so I really want to get them schooled up on firearm safety and start shooting (who knows, maybe I'll even be able to convince my wife to start as well). I also really want to start hunting this year as well and build up a decent gun collection.

I'm a 3rd generation born and raised Central Coast Californian, so I have no desire to leave here (no better place to have my children grow up), but damn I'm getting really tired of the laws/politicians here! More than willing to help all I can to defeat gun control bills and politicians.

Welcome, and what are you doing on the 29th? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=523917) :D

slosurfer
01-19-2012, 5:46 PM
Welcome, and what are you doing on the 29th? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=523917) :D

If I don't have to work, I plan on going. I'm a tile contractor and lately I've been swamped and have had to work weekends (finally, it's been dead for so long).

SteveS
01-23-2012, 8:01 PM
I live just outside of Lompoc, Santa barbara county.
Love to shoot, don't hunt much anymore.
I shoot at the vandenberg Rod and gun club, VAFB.
Waiting to see what happens with the city CCW issue...

Moto4Fun
01-30-2012, 3:39 PM
I have been around the forums for a while, but don't know if I ever posted in this section. I was out at SLOSA on Sunday and was encouraged to see so many people there. This is a great community. I hope to see you all at the range at some point or another.

goober
01-30-2012, 6:50 PM
I have been around the forums for a while, but don't know if I ever posted in this section. I was out at SLOSA on Sunday and was encouraged to see so many people there. This is a great community. I hope to see you all at the range at some point or another.
Welcome, Moto4fun & SteveS!
SLOSA Expo was quite an event, eh? :)

Aren
02-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Marina here between Monterey and salinas..
Just sitting here waiting fir zombies..

celticstorm
02-15-2012, 6:18 PM
Marina here between Monterey and salinas..
Just sitting here waiting fir zombies..

We have a daughter who lives in the same area and is having trouble finding a place to shoot. where do you go?

Chief-7700
02-15-2012, 6:56 PM
http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks/lagunaseca_rifle.html

celticstorm
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Chief... thanks for the info.

Chief-7700
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM
www.lsssa.org

bigboarstopper
03-19-2012, 9:33 PM
Hello from salinas. I own and run a guide hunting service here on the central coast.

Strykeback
03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Daniel from the central coast here. Currently live in Santa Maria and work in San Luis Obispo. Went shooting with some friends a couple months ago and now go to the range with friends atleast twice a month.

Still trying to decide on that all important first handgun. Trying to find a place to bring in a SSE cz sp01 tactical or p07 duty. Though i mistakenly held a sig 226 the other day...

Hamachi
03-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Checking in from Santa Cruz. New to the forum, great info on here.

goober
03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Welcome to Aren, bigboarstopper, Strykeback and Mr. Yellowtail (Hamachi)!
Glad to have you on CGN and in the Central Coast Chapter :cheers2:

BGH831
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Hollister. Hunt Fish Football 4x4 shoot .22lr .30-30 .270WSM .223 12ga 45 and 9

deter
03-31-2012, 2:38 PM
Deter says Hi.

.40 CZ 75B, Colt MK IV Series 70, .22 Browning BuckMark, .22 Ruger Mk II SS Target, 5.56mm PSA Lower reciever (haven't tried shooting that one yet)

Pikachu831
04-08-2012, 1:07 AM
Live in Gonzales, work in Salinas.... I'm L.E. and enjoy shooting (5.56, 5.7, 7.62x39,whatever). Cheers everyone!

anyracoon
04-08-2012, 5:53 AM
Pikachu
Welcome to the central coast crew. Once in a Blue Moon or so we get together for a meet-up/breakfast(http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=493387). Are you SPD or MCS?

Pikachu831
04-08-2012, 6:57 PM
I'm S.O. happy to be aboard.

Smoothiesd
04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Checking in from a lil outside King City

anyracoon
04-09-2012, 7:38 PM
Any of you South County interested in doing a Saturday or Sunday breakfast?

asalazar
04-18-2012, 7:17 AM
Santa Maria here. 9 year Marine vet. Pistol and rifle coach so I definitely help someone get locked on!

Strykeback
04-18-2012, 9:26 AM
Santa Maria as well here. Still trying to decide on my first pistol and parts for my first AR build. Gun rental fees get expensive...

kLewis
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Hello All!,
Just moved into Morro Bay from Portland, OR. Originally from Santa Barbara, so I know the area somewhat. I plan to check out Rangemaster and SLOSA in the near future (been in town literally 4 days as I type this, and the furniture arrives tomorrow). Look forward to being a part of the community over the next few years as I attend school, and perhaps longer...
-Ken

mr4x403
05-26-2012, 6:36 PM
Well I'm graduating here in SLO and going to start work here fulltime after i graduate. I'm a cheap shooter right now: mosin, shotgun, 357 revolver, but looking into building an ar15 this summer and expanding.

liberty47
06-14-2012, 9:11 PM
Hello to all...I'm down in Ventura County but have spent a lot of time on the central coast...looking forward to learning a lot...

goober
06-14-2012, 9:32 PM
wow somehow i missed an awful lot of folks signing in!
welcome, y'all!!! :cheers2:

Edawg
06-27-2012, 5:23 AM
Hi! Lompoc checking in!

Fire Horse
06-27-2012, 8:14 PM
Hello all,

I live in Santa Cruz and like to shoot most anything with a 3 (.38, .357, .308, & 12 ga: 1+2=3 ya know :-) Just got into handloading, having fun w/ it and learning a lot. Former Brown Water Navy, into mountain biking, bow making, primitive skills, homesteading, and would love to go wild pig hunting nearby some time. Licensed hunter, took the DNR Wild Pig class recently and need to find some private land w/ piggy problems. Otherwise I'm a dad, husband, and work with water systems and land use issues.

otteray
06-27-2012, 9:25 PM
Wouldn't we all like to go hunting somewhere nearby! It's pretty hard to find a rancher around here anymore willing to allow someone out of his circle of friends hunting privileges. Good luck.
Maybe Hunter Liggett or Camp Roberts.
I used to love going to Fort Ord for quail and bunnies. Not anymore :(
Lots of great fishing opportunities here, if you do that.

RumT
07-01-2012, 8:29 PM
Checking in from Templeton.

ehernandezrn
07-23-2012, 7:59 PM
Salinas/Monterey here.

skyking13
07-29-2012, 2:04 PM
Hey there fellow shooters. I'm in Buellton and enjoy hand-gunning; especially my new Para Slim Hawg .45 and my very old Winchester Model 94 30-30.

I'm also a long time aviator involved with AOPA and EAA bringing aviation to youngsters.

Exospeed
08-31-2012, 3:14 PM
New guy to the forums here from Lompoc. Anyone know of any ranges near by that are not closed for fire season? We usualy go to the glass factory but its closed right now.

Strykeback
08-31-2012, 4:22 PM
All forest land is closed til winter. Atleaat til fire season is done. San luis outdoor range is closest bet

AJ27
08-31-2012, 6:03 PM
Hi everybody I'm checking in from Arroyo Grande... Sort of a new member usually I just lurk in and out of forums... The post above me said most places to shoot around here are closed until winter does that go for the dirt road up to Miranda pines off highway 166 too? Thanks guys for all the usefull info on this site! :cheers2: