PDA

View Full Version : South Central Valley Roll Call - Check in Here!

Pages : [1] 2

wildhawker
01-19-2010, 4:42 PM
Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/HistoricRegionMap.jpg

dan12580
01-19-2010, 7:23 PM
first post. awesome. iam daniel and i live in bakersfield. very few talents and even less motivation but will gladly do my part to put out the word about calguns.

cj cake
01-20-2010, 3:44 AM
Where's the border? I'm east of Fresno. Is this considered northern or southern SJV. Anyway, I am a helicopter mechanic. Don't know how this will help Calguns any.

EDIT: There is a map up now, so disregard the question.

dan12580
01-20-2010, 5:47 AM
when it goes down we will need helicopters.

jamesob
01-20-2010, 7:44 PM
james exeter/visalia master of many things. welding, upholstery,chopping tops you name it. oh and my brother is a helicopter pilot and mechanic in oregon, so we have a helicopter if needed.

greasemonkey
01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Fresno, A&P Tech, I've been working on ag aircraft & helicopters until our farmers got their water cut off to save the Delta Smelt, now I'm looking for work. I mostly have PT6 Turbine experience and a little Allison 250 turbine and 985/1340 radial experience.

Other than working on airplanes/helicopters, I like to shoot stuff, pay attention to politics, grill meat, ride my sport bike, mess with old cars/hot rods and work with Thailand's hill tribe villages. And watch MotoGP racing.

I'm also your South Valley chapter representative, so I'll be working with you guys (roughly Fresno to Bakersfield) and Wildhawker on organizing local events.

greasemonkey
01-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah, where's the border? I'm east of Fresno. Is this considered northern or southern SJV. Anyway, I am a helicopter mechanic. Don't know how this will help Calguns any.

For the CGN chapters, Fresno Co. to Kern Co. is considered Southern Valley.

Operator
01-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm an Insurance Broker in Hanford, I make Custom leather holsters, if you are interested in my blog I have some examples on there, pm me.
I'm a 1911 junkie. I'm building my first AR. CCW.
No Helicopters sorry.

chuckdc
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm in Fresno. Currently unemployed, but I have worked in the medical field (EKG tech) for 20+ years. Skills include reloading (pistol mostly, but some rifle and shotgun) fiddling around with computers and electronic stuff, messing around with old cars (I have an old MG) and I've been doing dog rescue for 3 years or so now. I was a USPSA/IPSC shooter for a few years, range officer, NRA Pistol instructor.
Trained as a level II reserve cop and also worked for a bit in the ballistics section of a crime lab.

Sorry, no aircraft as yet

xxdabroxx
01-21-2010, 2:20 PM
Porterville

DJMAN
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Fresno........ Swimming pool service and repair (owner). I also sell parts and chems.

I also own a DJ/Video service.

DJMAN

paintballergb
01-21-2010, 11:35 PM
I am from Fresno. I work in a warehouse so I am not utilizing my Criminology degree at all.

greasemonkey
01-22-2010, 5:31 AM
So far what I'm picking up on is that any meet'n'greet could involve helicopters, hot rods, shooting, food and a DJ. I like where this is going.

cj cake
01-22-2010, 4:24 PM
Did someone say hotrods, shooting, and food?

We need to set a date, time, and a place!

bomb_on_bus
01-22-2010, 5:01 PM
Bakersfield here.

Talents aren't really my forte, but I do have tons of hobbies!

Can'thavenuthingood
01-23-2010, 2:42 AM
I'm in Lemoore, work in Visalia as Production Superviser at Spraying Devices (http://www.sprayingdevices.com/). Started a second job as an MSF Rider Coach (http://www.ca-msp.org/) which ought to transition to full time soon at NAS Lemoore (http://https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Lemoore/Jobs/OpenPositions/index.htm) (This is jobs page link for the base).

Retired Marine Corps GySgt, ride a 1984 FXRS (http://www.hdfxr.dk/Public/FXR/FXRHistory.aspx) and an XT 225 (http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xt_225_2005.php), (looking for an SV650 (http://images.google.com/images?q=sv650&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=oONaS6a1GYi4swO3_KiTAw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA)) wife rides a 1985 FXRS. Kids are grown up and gone. Have a 6 month old puppy which is driving us nuts (Border Collie mix) and a 7 month old feral kitty which prefers to be outside.

Get out to Panoche about twice a year for shooting and meetups. Otherwise shooting takes place at the Lemoore Sportsmens club (http://lemooresportsmansclub.com/). I pick up my new FMK 9mm (http://fmkfirearms.com/Products/9c1pistol.html) Tuesday 26 Jan, my birthday present.

I started selling the Calguns apparel (http://http://gunsr4.us/)about 3 years ago. Shipping for you Central Valley guys is easy, probably free delivery.

We have a Friends of the NRA (http://www.friendsofnra.org/) Dinner coming up on 18 February in Lemoore, DC Arms is hosting it again this year.
I bought a pink (http://www.crickett.com/shop_by_brand.php?manufacturers_id=27)Crickett (http://www.crickett.com/shop_by_brand.php?manufacturers_id=27) youth rifle and put together a kit to include a brick of .22 ammo, sound supressors, a pack of targets, eye protection and a carrying case. This kit will be presented as a Calguns sponsored item and given away in the drawing raffles.

I'm down for meetup pretty much anytime anywhere, lunch, shooting (shooting lunch?). In fact we need to start these soon regardless of how many show up, we can have several as often as possible.
There are several Friends of NRA Dinners (http://friendsofnra.org/Events.aspx?sid=5&sc=CA) coming up, we could also do a get together at these places. If you have never been to a dinner give it a shot as its a hoot.

Went down to Hungry Valley at Gorman a few weeks ago for a day of dirt bike riding. I was on a 1976 350 Honda, only dumped it twice early on looking for first from second and found neutral halfway up the stinking hill. I am also a state certified ATV Instructor. If any of you guys have a place we can have some classes, they are free for kids up to 17 years old. Also classes come free with the purchase of new machine. I've seen rebates for most all back to 5 years or so.

By the way, you heard it here first.
We have a .270 Winchester signed by Ted Nugent (http://www.tednugent.com/) to auction off at the Friends of NRA Dinner in Lemoore on 18 February 2010. He signed it as he was walking out the door on his way to Africa to kill something large. DC Arms is handling it so get your bids in early and often. Don't know if you need be present to win but I'd think you'd have to be to bid.

I get wordy in print.

Vick

daneman
01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Visalia here. CCW instructor, DOJ HSC instructor, NRA certified instructor in pistol, rifle, shotgun, HFS, and Personal Protection. Chief RSO. USN AMS3. GW1. Flight Deck Troubleshooter. Retired under state safety due to injury. (forcibly retired) Train for my club, Visalia Sportsmens Association.

dk6
01-23-2010, 6:06 PM
Another Visalia resident here. Facilities manager for a large printing plant.
Member and RSO at the Rankin Field range although I can't seem to find the time to visit as much I would like.

Desert_Rat
01-24-2010, 5:19 PM
Shafter here,AG field Service Tecnician at a Case IH dealership

AirtechJr
01-24-2010, 5:30 PM
Bakersfield here.
NRA Instructor
Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, PD Inside Home, First Steps
Be happy to give special consideration to all calgunners who want or need help with getting friends and family up to speed.
Tactical Training available also with local International Mobile Tactical Training. We are all here to help!
George 661-201-4979

mastadonn
01-24-2010, 6:17 PM
Bakersfield here

NRA Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun Instructor
Friends of NRA Committee member - Dinner May 7th - Volunteers welcome
Kern Shooting Sports Jr & Women's Shotgun Program Instructor
KSS NRA Action Pistol/Bianchi Cup Match Coordinator.

KSS shoots at 5 Dogs Range. We have an designated range with a 200 yard 20 position High Power rifle range with target pits. The firing line has the first 25 yards protected from adjacent ranges with safety berms/barriers for pistol and small bore shooting. We also have side bays for pistol, with falling plate and running target setups.

We shoot NRA High Power Rifle & John C. Garand Matches. 300 meter international prone rifle. Jr and Women's Rifle and Shotgun Programs. Bianchi Cup Pistol matches, .22 Tactical falling plate matches. Loaner equipment available.

We also host a Family Range Day in April where we provide rifle, pistol and shotguns, ammo, safety equipment, targets and lunch to encourage families to come out and shoot together. Thanks to the NRA Foundation for the funding.

At our Club's Rifle Championship we have a shooter's swap meet, where we encourage members to bring out equipment and supplies they want to trade or sell.

As well, we are working with the USMC League to host a South Valley Rifle Championship (4 man teams) in late April. This will be fund raiser for the Marine Corps League.

In May, we conduct the Rifle Training classes at the NWTF Women in the Outdoors event at Tejon Ranch.

KSS's annual breakfast business mtg. is this coming Saturday, Jan. 30th at Hodel's.

Any interest in having CALGUNS info at our events?

If anyone is interested you can contact me (Donn Fergerson) at 661-203-3419

PORCH
01-25-2010, 9:14 PM
Hanford here. Just graduated from Cal Poly in June. Work for a farm out in the Stratford area. In the process of getting my CCW. I love to hunt and just shoot in general. I like reading and learning about guns and I would like to start learning more about Military History. Also to the aircraft guys, one of my friends is a pilot so I also enjoy learning about aircraft.

greasemonkey
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Hanford here. Just graduated from Cal Poly in June. Work for a farm out in the Stratford area. In the process of getting my CCW. I love to hunt and just shoot in general. I like reading and learning about guns and I would like to start learning more about Military History. Also to the aircraft guys, one of my friends is a pilot so I also enjoy learning about aircraft.

I'm addicted to the Military Channel and History Channel, I only watch TV maybe a few hours a week and it's usually one of those two. Does your friend have his own plane? If so, what is it?

Does Kings County still want you to go through the formality of applying through P.D., getting denied, then going through the Sheriff? I played poker several times with the former Sheriff and still never understood that, he was pretty lenient on just cause and had a shall issue stance; not sure how Chris Jordan is on permits but based on knowing him personally, he's very aware of how good it is to have upstanding citizens armed.

PORCH
01-26-2010, 8:08 PM
I'm addicted to the Military Channel and History Channel, I only watch TV maybe a few hours a week and it's usually one of those two. Does your friend have his own plane? If so, what is it?

Does Kings County still want you to go through the formality of applying through P.D., getting denied, then going through the Sheriff? I played poker several times with the former Sheriff and still never understood that, he was pretty lenient on just cause and had a shall issue stance; not sure how Chris Jordan is on permits but based on knowing him personally, he's very aware of how good it is to have upstanding citizens armed.

Yeah he has a piper cub. He wants to be a crop duster with acreage shrinking right now it is not looking too good currently.

As for the CCW you pretty much have the process down. I met with the Sheriff's Department and they were more than willing to get me one until they found out I lived in the city. They basically said go apply through the PD, get denied and come back to see us. From what I understood, they don't want to step on the PD's toes by issuing permits without first giving the PD a chance. I ran into Jordan downtown though after that and discussed my situation with him and he thought that given my good cause it would be hard for the PD to deny me however he said that if they do to come see him; so I'm pretty optimistic. I plan on turning in my packet next week.

Operator
01-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah he has a piper cub. He wants to be a crop duster with acreage shrinking right now it is not looking too good currently.

As for the CCW you pretty much have the process down. I met with the Sheriff's Department and they were more than willing to get me one until they found out I lived in the city. They basically said go apply through the PD, get denied and come back to see us. From what I understood, they don't want to step on the PD's toes by issuing permits without first giving the PD a chance. I ran into Jordan downtown though after that and discussed my situation with him and he thought that given my good cause it would be hard for the PD to deny me however he said that if they do to come see him; so I'm pretty optimistic. I plan on turning in my packet next week.

I live in town in Hanford. I recently went through PD to get my CCW. Wasn't too much trouble to get it, but they guy taking the papper work to Chief Mestas is a good friend of mine. I didn't have any propblems. But I will tell you they do want a good reason on your applicaiton. While my was going through i spoke with my buddy who will remain nameless, and at first iI used a work related reason, which i did ultimatly use, but they wanted a letter from my employer stating it would be ok for me to carry at work. After I explained my employement relationship to the PD they let me proceed.

Seems to me Hanford PD is a little over protective, but still reasonable, but I might not be the best example, my references were a visalia officer, Hanford PD Captain, and the Hanford DA.

It is good to hear that Jordan is CCW friendly.

Good luck.

BTW the lady that process the papper work for Hanford PD is a really nice lady, you just have to make sure you play innocent, and be really nice to her. I picked up my permit BEFORE I took and of the CCW cert. classes. I told her I hadn't taken the class yet, she didn't care. same thing happened to my father-in-law.

Anyway good luck.

jamesob
01-27-2010, 6:57 PM
in tulare county the police dept's. and the sherriff have an agreement that the sherriff will be the one to issue. the cities are afraid of lawsuites if something were to happen.

wildog8812
01-28-2010, 8:46 AM
Ben here in Fresno, working my way through school to work for the police. Will help out in any way

greasemonkey
01-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Will help out in any way

Learn as much as you can to spread the gospel of Calguns to the rest of the city PD! :)

Meplat
02-01-2010, 3:40 PM
North Fresno here. My hobbies mostly center around guns so I'd bet we have an abundance of talent that is better than mine. I've been around a while and have learned that I can do damn near anything if I need to. I can make anything with two or more moving parts work long enough to get the job done. I am a supervisor with the CA Dpt. of food and agriculture. Therefore. given 20 minutes and a spell checker I can justify anything up to and including a nuclear first strike. But that also means that I am poor as a church mouse, because we are suffering under a 15% pay cut at the moment.

I have been a builder, a heavy equipment operator, a real estate agent, a loan broker, a pest control advisor, a gold minor, a trapper, an Ag laborer, a BT (boilerman) in the US Navy, and Have a Class A CDL. [/I]

What I am not is a disingenuous grinning hand shaker. What I am is a redneck.

Mike Grider

P. S, I can pick an LZ that you can land a hilocoptor on and take off with a 110% load.

Zoomin Newman will vouch fore that.

DJBSR
02-02-2010, 2:34 PM
Porterville willing to help

BlueGhillie
02-04-2010, 3:21 PM
Hilmar (where?. . . haha)
Mechanical guru, skilled T.I.G. welder, and all around "do it the hard way" kind of guy. Working on my firearms is almost as much fun as shooting them. Spent 5 years in Texas studying mechanical engineering so it was hard to come back to CA and Caliban. Optimistic that if the **** hits the fan perhaps the fan will get replaced all together and we'll have some honest hardworking individuals in office!

Ready and willing to help - See y'all at the Ag Show next week!

Meplat
02-04-2010, 6:19 PM

Man! Everyone in the industry seems to be pushing geezer. There is going to be a lot of demand for replacements. Personally I love watching guys in their 60s make airplanes do things that seem to defy the laws of physics!:43:

greasemonkey
02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Man! Everyone in the industry seems to be pushing geezer. There is going to be a lot of demand for replacements. Personally I love watching guys in their 60s make airplanes do things that seem to defy the laws of physics!:43:

We just got a couple flyovers today by one of our customers in his 60's, flying a radial engine bi-plane ag cat; he's crazy but he's a great guy and fantastic pilot. When he pulled up and rolled right, he had lots of room, cleared our shop roof by at least 15 feet with his wing tip!:D

Smokeybehr
02-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I guess you all could consider me to be a member of both Central Valley chapters, because I live in Madera, and work in Fresno. Member ChuckDC and I are close friends.

I work as an IT Support Tech for the Fresno County Library, so I'm all over the county, from Big Creek to Orange Cove to the Westside. I do more than IT, though, since I have previous experience with all kinds of communications equipment. I buy, sell, and rent two-way radios; I have some small PA systems, and I even have a small telephone switch.

I've been doing electrical, electronic and mechanical stuff all my life, so I'm pretty well rounded. I've done sheet metal stuff, machine shop stuff, welding and fabrication, mechanic work on small and large engines, mechanical assembly, and instrumentation. I've even stacked and climbed towers and hung antennas.

greasemonkey
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
There seem to be quite a few guys from Chowchilla/Modesto that frequent Fresno. Welcome to the chapter, I'm excited about the opportunities we have around here to do some community outreach events!

I guess you all could consider me to be a member of both Central Valley chapters, because I live in Madera, and work in Fresno. Member ChuckDC and I are close friends.

Mirage
02-08-2010, 8:26 PM
Trade: Construction.
Addiction: Competitive shooting.

Dustin C.
02-09-2010, 8:51 PM
Located in Porterville/Strathmore area. Blessed, though not always pleased, with a job at a local pizza place. I'm currently 18, attending college. I enjoy old cars, basketball, paintball, and shooting (when I can afford the ammo). I want to give a big thanks to DBJSR and xxdabroxx for helping me get into all this gun ****. I'll be involved for life... or until all the guns are taken away. Then I'll take up archery or throwing blades or something else that the wacko people currently running the country don't want around.

VIGILANCE
02-10-2010, 9:34 AM
Located in Coalinga "the sunny side of the valley". State worker making 85 cents on the dollar, but cant complain I have a job. Currently working on perfecting my Duracoating and parkerizing skills and looking at the possibility of get my FFL. Will be attending the Glock Armorers class the end of March. Shot in an IDPA match the end of last year and am now hooked.....

Can'thavenuthingood
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Thrilled to see new folks on here and in the valley too.
Welcome aboard OliveCookieMonsta,Vigilance, Dustin C. and BlueGhillie, hope to see you guys out and about.
Been wanting to get out to Coalinga and try some long range with my 30.06 but time and life.......yada, yada etc.

Then last time at Panoche I had a difficult time hitting 100 yards, been better off to run up the hill and POKE a hole in the target.

Vick

ironman5669
02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Located in Visalia/Fresno area 44 year old competitive shooter (pistol Rifle and shotgun)/ hunter/ reloader. burning powder as fast as i can buy it!

Solidc
02-10-2010, 6:16 PM
Saw the Calguns booth at the ag show. I was so stoked that you guys were there! Made my day! Lemme know how I can help next year! Chris from Fresno- Low voltage electrician- data, voice, fire alarm, security, fiber optics. Dad flew helicopters for the state of California. From reading this thread, youd think everybody in south central cali had their own aircraft!:D

greed647
02-11-2010, 3:08 PM
North Fresno, right in front of saint agnes LOL. I have excellent skills working with wood. I actually can do anything involved with interiors of homes and I have even built a couple of money exchange rooms (IE. bullet proof). I am usually always busy with work but would be glad to meet up and help when I can. Plus always looking for new plinking buddies and so is my wife if any of you guys have girls that like to shoot.

Gun_Nut
02-14-2010, 6:33 PM
My name is John. I'm from Strathmore (right between Fresno/Bako). Saw the booth at the World Ag Expo. I am a Customer Service Rep for JBT. I apply coating to fruit at packing houses. Hobbies are endless, anything that has a motor, From r/c cars to top fuel dragsters. Muscle Cars, Hot rods, Off-Road racing/dunes. Pretty much shoot everything from my 22-250 for coyotes, to my S&W 500 for wild pigs. Let me know if you need a hand for anything, or go to the range.

DesertCobra
02-15-2010, 4:11 PM
I'm a local gun club administrator here in Bakersfield and would like to introduce myself as a new member of Calguns and advanced enthusiest.

greasemonkey
02-15-2010, 9:35 PM
Good to see a couple new guys, welcome to the forum. This is an addicting place to be; if you don't believe me, look up a couple picture threads and then go to the classifieds section.

tbone559
02-16-2010, 9:52 PM
My name is Tyler, Visalia/Exeter Area, work for a repossession business and Western Executive Protection which has the security contract for the farmshow which is why I am here, met some of the guys at the Expo. Finishing up my bachelor degree. Wanting to buy or build an AR and have other toys as well. Hit me up if you need anything!

greasemonkey
02-17-2010, 8:05 AM
Starbucks Appreciation Day this coming Sunday, I started a new thread here in the Community Chapter forum. If you're not in Fresno, let's get something going for your town.

Bigjune
02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey my name is Junior from Los Banos I did rollcall lastnight on the northern central valley side but looks like there's more action going on here. I recently got into guns this past 2 years and loving it. Im a laid off mechanic who works at Kmart for now.I so love cars and hotrods too. I was all into the streetracing stuff back in the days. Willing to make new shooting buddies.

ironman5669
02-17-2010, 5:50 PM
I live in Visalia and work in Fresno, I run a welding and fab shop I shoot three gun and hunt.reload rifle and pistol. no helicopters here either

greasemonkey
02-17-2010, 9:13 PM
I live in Visalia and work in Fresno, I run a welding and fab shop I shoot three gun and hunt.reload rifle and pistol. no helicopters here either

We're definitely both confused, I live in Fresno and work in Hanford. What shop are you at?

ducksandgeese
02-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Bakersfield here. I own an insurance agency, we have a lot of great freedom loving, 2nd Amendment Patriots insured and are willing to help anyway we can.

ljg17
02-18-2010, 10:27 PM
ljg17 - fresno
Skills: Network administration, pc repair, diesel engine diagnostics.

kenshnx
02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Bakersfield

kenshnx
02-28-2010, 6:16 PM
just moved to Bakersfield. Not much to do here

JohnBrian
03-08-2010, 3:24 PM
Bakersfield for the last 39 or so years.

39 years into shooting sports, building FALs, AKs, ARs, shot IPSC a couple of times at 5-Dogs, shot 3-gun once at 5-Dogs, not really a hunter other than bushwhacking ground squirrels occasionally.

Unemployed.

I know a little about a lot of things. And a lot about a couple of things.

4 Brigada
03-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

Fresno, here. Im still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I think I might have built a FAL once, but no certain.

greasemonkey
03-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Hahaha!
I think I might have built a FAL once, but not certain.

edeja7
03-14-2010, 8:54 PM
from avenal. our claim to fame is a prison and a dump that seems to service the whole dang state. But our crown jewel from a shooters point of view is our gun club. its huge and only $25 a year too. i would like to encourage you folks to visit the club at least once. no special skills really other than having an uncanny ability to annoy my wife.:innocent:

Can'thavenuthingood
03-14-2010, 9:37 PM
from avenal. our claim to fame is a prison and a dump that seems to service the whole dang state. But our crown jewel from a shooters point of view is our gun club. its huge and only $25 a year too. i would like to encourage you folks to visit the club at least once. no special skills really other than having an uncanny ability to annoy my wife.:innocent:

I didn't know Avenal had a gun club, must search.

The range listed here?
http://www.huntingnavigator.com/huntingdir/californiashooting.html

Is that a 500 meter rifle range?

Is there a website?

Vick

edeja7
03-15-2010, 12:48 AM
no website, and as far as i can tell yes its 500y. they have quite a few acres. so much so that they would farm the land and pay some expenses. btw they have these stadium lights that you pump quarters in and you can shoot at the pistol range all night long if you so desire.

Can'thavenuthingood
03-15-2010, 5:17 AM
no website, and as far as i can tell yes its 500y. they have quite a few acres. so much so that they would farm the land and pay some expenses. btw they have these stadium lights that you pump quarters in and you can shoot at the pistol range all night long if you so desire.

Night shooting? Without tracers?

I must investigate this:)

A 500 yard range a few miles away, woohoo.

Vick

ironman5669
03-15-2010, 5:41 PM
Wade Metal Products we do ornamental and archetectural metals for comercial buildings.

ab-man
03-31-2010, 2:08 PM
Good Old Wasco,

Electrical Engineer specializing in the automation world. Been collecting guns for as long as I can remember, slowed down a bit when california started loosing there mind (late 80's and even more in the late 90's). But I am starting to crank it up again.

caldivers
04-01-2010, 1:30 PM
Bakersfield here. Starting to build another AR..Yeah baby.

C.W.M.V.
04-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Fresno here
Former Army NCO, car/gun "nut"

Bladeshark
04-07-2010, 6:00 PM
I'm Jim and live in Fresno. I work in the TV business and have enjoy the shooting hobby. Been thinking of getting an AR-10 in .308 since I've been a good boy lately. :chris:

bomb_on_bus
04-19-2010, 4:23 PM
I'm Jim and live in Fresno. I work in the TV business and have enjoy the shooting hobby. Been thinking of getting an AR-10 in .308 since I've been a good boy lately. :chris:

not to mention the stimulus rebate that you get from your tax return could help fund the purchase

Preacher
04-24-2010, 8:55 AM
Bakersfield 11 years..

Vince aka --->Preacher <--- Pastor of local a Church
Also own my own my own buisness...a few skills a talents lots of networking contacts...
67 chevy HotRod hobby
Building AR# 2 carbon 15
Love to hunt and shoot.and TRAIN!!!

don766
04-27-2010, 8:34 PM
Exeter for me I work in the IT field and enjoy all types of shooting

Hossmiester
05-01-2010, 7:19 AM
Hossmiester here, (Fresno) A meet and great sounds good to me I'll bring Gumbo (was chef in Narleans for 5 years) :43:. Just tell me where and when!

Hossmiester (aka Brian)

greasemonkey
05-01-2010, 9:17 AM
I'll bring Gumbo (was chef in Narleans for 5 years) :43:. Just tell me where and when!

Hossmiester (aka Brian)

That's way better than all the helicopter stuff the rest of us have to offer!:)

kellito
05-04-2010, 6:27 AM
Cal City, the land of the sun. Aircraft mechanic/technician.

jmabbott888
05-06-2010, 9:53 PM
Name is Chris, live in Bakersfield.
Hobbies include shooting rifle, shotgun, pistols, muzzleloaders, reloading pistol & rifle, haven't got into shotgun yet, also do some casting for pistol, rifle & BP. Been shooting for 30+ years, reloading for about 28. I am a NRA certified rifle instructor & work with Boy Scouts & Kern Shooting Sports. My other hobbies include camping, Ham radio (KI6GRQ), prospecting (was doing gold dredging till the enviro wackos with the help of Arnold & Jean Fuller got it banned), was into hunting till the lead ban started, and old cars. I was working as a mechanic but took a paycut & now install accesories on Chevys at the dealership.

Willing to help new shooters & those that want to learn reloading, also up for shooting trips & camping.

AF Civ Medic
05-18-2010, 7:20 AM
Tim, living in the land of four seasons, Tehachapi. Work as a Paramedic for DOD. Hobbies are real steel firearms and airsoft as well as camping, hiking, photography, mountain biking, and old cars.

kenshnx
05-31-2010, 11:59 AM
POST Certified Police Firearms Instructor in long gun subgun pistol and shotgun. BSIS Instructor cert pending
new to Bakersfield would love to meet like minded people.

greasemonkey
05-31-2010, 3:17 PM
Good to see new guys trickling in here, thanks for taking the time to check in.

I've got two things to give you guys a heads up on:

1. We're trying to elect some Calguns members to the CRPA (CA's branch of the NRA), they need a little help. Get more info here. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=297877)

2. We have a Central Valley Social Group (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=9) where you can start threads and talk amongst yourselves about local events, shops, ranges, shoot-n-q's or whatever else. There aren't many discussions just yet, so go start one!

Desert_Rat
05-31-2010, 7:18 PM
Lots of newer members in Bakersfield.
To all of those guys,there's an IDPA match in Taft on the 12th of June.Hope to see some new faces. PM for details.

DudeDoug2000
06-08-2010, 5:39 AM
Doug, New here, Don't have many talents although I do have a commercial license If that helps.

RacinJason
06-10-2010, 5:54 PM
jason from clovis.......offshore oil drilling......well, i was

NaughtyMonkey
06-24-2010, 3:22 PM
Bakersfield here as well. Ummm Talent, I Love WW2 and collect weapons from that time period. Well not sure if thats a talent but there it is. lol.

Going to start doing WW2 reenacting soon too.

NaughtyMonkey
06-24-2010, 3:25 PM
just moved to Bakersfield. Not much to do here

Hey been here my whole life and feel the same way, I could spend all day at the range everyday, something to do and I LOVE it!

cbn620
07-15-2010, 3:44 AM
I'm Christopher, I live out in the grapes south of Fresno proper. My age starts with a 2. I can do backyard gunsmithing and day labor. I sew/rig pretty good for a human with both chromosomes. I make a mean bottle of country wine and am always willing to share some hooch. I know a thing or two about raising crops. I play and repair diatonic harmonicas (folk/blues). I fancy myself as a student of philosophy, linguistics and anything cog-sci. I like wood working, mechanics, and all around working with my hands. I like fixing things and making useful stuff from junk. It's for this I pride myself on being resourceful. I'm into bushcraft and anything outdoors. I have work experience in labor, writing, editing and transcription.

greasemonkey
07-18-2010, 5:29 PM
Is someone in this thread a Nissan mechanic? A friend of PRK Arms is trying to find you, please see the discussion in the Social Group (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=66).

Homebrew2
07-19-2010, 6:14 PM
Hello neighbors,

I guess I've had the CalGuns epiphany, thank god.
I've been in the east Fresno hills for 30+ years so ya know I'm always happy to meet real people. This seems like the place.

Regarding a recent post, I'm a (extract) brewer, not a winemaker but, "I am told" decent hooch can be made from wine that doesn't happen to pass one's own standard of acceptable wine, beer, sherry ...

I find myself in need of direction:
I think I'd like to get one of those HiPoint 9mm carbines that is CA legal. DD's has them. Any FFL's in/near Visalia that can process one? I doubt Easley's would and Visalia Sportsmans won't. Best pawn shop? Or, any recommendations on a shop that can get me one? Fresno, Tulare, etc is ok too.

Thanks and Cheers!

firemedic679
07-26-2010, 1:05 PM
Fresno here. im a FF/Medic as well as an arson investigator. just started building my first AR after i found out from a PD guy that we can have them legally in Ca with certain requirements. anyways, i found this site and haven't logged out yet! lol. looking forward to reading and learning.

twolber
08-02-2010, 1:00 PM
New guy here from Bakersfield area, NRA Lifemember. I'm lucky enough to live on property where we can shoot/hunt so I don't go to the range much. Usually just set up targets or set up the thrower "out back" and throw some lead. Sort of a jack of all trades millwright, welder, carpenter, mechanic and half arsed electrician. Looks like some like minded folks on here. I look forward my time on here.

sixstringslinger
08-12-2010, 1:35 PM
I've lived in Bakersfield since I was 2 years old. I'm 30 now and became a first time gun owner a year ago. I've had an avid affection for the 2 Amendment since I was a kid and shot my 1st .22 in the Boy Scouts. I grew up in a home that was afraid of guns and am now raising my kids in a home that respects them! I work in the Distribution dept. for SCG with many other pro-gunners! I'm a musician and work on guitars and guitar effects on occasion. I'm building my first AR-15. I'm no gunsmith but would be willing to give help (and recieve help) with anyone interested in their OLL AR-15 builds.

seerkite
08-27-2010, 9:31 AM
I hope this is the right place. I am being PCSed here, and pretty much study the gun laws. I am being stationed at Edwards, hopefully moving to Rosamond or California city... But anyways, hoping to learn how to shoot better and where to buy some ammo.

BlooDSMeaR
09-02-2010, 4:17 PM
My name is Dale and I'm a gunaholic.

Currently I am unemployed but have a job ??? Yes I got the job but the day after I started, I was asked for my MRV. I found out that my license has been suspended, due to a ticket I received in Iowa in 1999. I am in the midst of getting that figured out and paid off before I can start.(Hard to do when you dont have an income cause your fresh out of EMT school.) As the job requires me to have a rental car for 3 weeks of training in Houston Tx.

I have a strong liking of motorcycles, saltwater fish, and things that go BANG!

I have full custody of my son who is 9 years old now..... not much else to say.

If any one needs help with anything give me a shout out. I have a very strong mechanical background working in both the auto and oil industry's.

mtad
09-02-2010, 8:34 PM
Am I the 1st Kingsburg resident to reply? I build ag equipment for the fresh fruit packing industry. I am addicted to racing. Work and family has taken up most of my discretionary time lately. It's time to start stocking up some guns. Would like to start with a .22 for my wife and then as many of whatever I can afford.

harleybass47
09-02-2010, 9:31 PM
Bob here I live in Farmersville and I am semi retired. I work two or three months a year running a walnut dehydrator. I worked for Sequioa Walnuts doing all kinds of maintanance from building new equipment to repairing some 70 years old. I ran a custom fertilizer plant for about five years. I worked for Early Calif Foods for 18 years starting out in new construction and ending up working on seamers( the machines that put the lids on cans). I weld plumb do electrical but I don't paint. I play bass guitar and drums and still play a few times a month. I ride a Harley type bike that I built myself. We also have a toyhauler that we travel in whenever we have time and money.

Calgunz420
09-02-2010, 9:44 PM
Lito
San francisco "Bay Area".

thepunisher
09-12-2010, 2:27 PM
Chad here from bakersfield.
I'm a hunter and a fisherman.
Love the outdoors but my job keeps me at a desk.
Do a little reloading and target shooting to stay sharp.
Willing to help where I'm needed, hopefully meet some of my fellow gun nuts.

darkminstrel
09-13-2010, 3:20 AM
Exeter

VW mechanic
Welder
PC tech
Technical writer

peopleofthesun
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Hello. I live in Fresno and just starting to get hooked on handguns. I am a Ford tech.

greasemonkey
10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
See this thread for the Shoot'N'Que coming up next weekend:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352798

NationsMostWanted
10-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Fresno CA, run an automotive tire shop

greasemonkey
10-17-2010, 5:32 PM
Heads up, we're having a shoot'n'que in Visalia this coming Saturday, 23 October! This is a good way to meet some people and get a heads up on how you can get involved...and PRK has offered to bring out some Class 3/belt fed toys to play with!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352798

Shiboleth
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Currently living in Bakersfield, working in the Kern valley as a paramedic.

brassballs
10-21-2010, 4:13 PM
[QUOTE=greasemonkey;5143123]Heads up, we're having a shoot'n'que in Visalia this coming Saturday, 23 October! This is a good way to meet some people and get a heads up on how you can get involved...and PRK has offered to bring out some Class 3/belt fed toys to play with!!

wow i wish i cuold make it? gota work this sat.

i'm in fresno. i'm in recycling and sell some brass at local gun shows. don't shoot as much as i would like anymore but just ordered a 22-250 so look out squirls.

if you guys have any quantitys of brass you want to sell or need any brass keep me in mind.

TaoFlederMaus
10-26-2010, 6:29 AM
I am Jeff, I live in Visalia and work in Tulare. I am an industrial technician.
I am also a Youtube Partner and hope to quit my job and just make videos full time.

I film things with a high speed camera which started as a hobby. I enjoy filming firearms in slow motion but also enjoy filming aircraft.

I filmed a crop dusting helicopter and the pilot landed and gave me a ride in it. I only meantion that because everyone is talking about helicopters and crop dusting. Here's a video of the ride and another of a Skycrane that had to land in Visalia for repairs.

ktes4epiT10

vXb8nl_j2S8

flipsyde
11-03-2010, 4:47 PM
checking inn... im from fresno.

currently working as a customer service rep here in fresno. i did serve 4 years in the navy and stationed at NAS Lemoore as an aviation mechanic.

my hobby at the moment is builiding my first ar-15. my spike's lower is on order and should be arriving in a few days. plan is to finsih up the lower by the end of this year and then patiantly save for my upper.

donchuy
11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
My name is Jesus live in bakersfield i am a mechanic and many other thing and will spread the word about calgun

greasemonkey
11-10-2010, 9:35 PM
Do you live in Merced County? Do you know someone who lives in Merced County? I'm bumping this thread with some big news for you guys in Merced County, it's time to move on the CCW initiative.

Anyone in Merced County that's not a prohibited person: CHECK THIS THREAD HERE (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=361969).

:cool2:

BIGDJG
11-15-2010, 8:36 PM
fresno here ,ac/refrigeration tech ,also food services ,new to calguns and gun ownership(rifle). just took son out for first shooting exp.great time !

NaughtyMonkey
11-17-2010, 4:30 PM
Wow there are more people from Bakersfield then I thought there were. Hmmm. lol.

Vladimir
11-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Chris, ventura county, camarillo. Not much to offer but i have several hobbies!

outkast353
11-21-2010, 2:50 PM
I live in Bakersfield, looking for outdoor areas where it okay to shoot.

Santa Cruz Armory
11-21-2010, 3:25 PM
BLFD1- Santa Cruz area.

I'm a true jack of all trades. Professionally I'm a Crane/ Equipment operator for a utility co. and a Battalion Chief for a local fire dept. Additionally, I enjoy modifying things... I like making one off creations and making my own versions of things. I can build damn near anything i set my mind to. Metal, wood, cars, reloading, whatever, ... I just can't find the time to do it much anymore.

Hobbies... my wife says I have waaaay too many, and I tend to agree. I get bored easily after I "master" a hobby. So the saying goes, jack of all trades, master of none.

greasemonkey
11-21-2010, 3:30 PM
Yeah there are a lot of members from the South Valley on here, a lot are active in IDPA, IPSC & 3-gun matches, too. I think we're long overdue for a Calguns shoot'n'que at 5 Dogs.
Wow there are more people from Bakersfield then I thought there were. Hmmm. lol.

exklusve
11-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Another from Fresno here.
I've been workingin the IT field for around 10 years, mainly systems and network administration.

I've been an avid fisherman, camper, backpacker,etc since I could walk.
I don't hunt, although I've been thinking about trying my luck at some hog hunting.

blackandredwarrior
11-23-2010, 9:38 PM
Add me to the Fresno-area list I suppose. Though I am from Clovis. ;) I've lived here all my life and generally don't have a wanting to escape. We're 3 hours from everywhere.

I'm well let's go with draftsman for a local C-10 contractor. Though anymore the only thing I haven't done is actually sign the checks (in the last 12 years there's been many "other duties as assigned" from warehouse (filled in for injured coworker), to some basic design and lately filling in for the office manager while she's on maternity leave. Definitely not a boring place to work. I've done a little bit of everything. I've got that whole Jack of All Trades, Master of None going on. It provides for job security at work.

The only special talent I seem to have is to get involved in expensive hobbies: computers (I'm one of those Linux-using commies), photography, ATVs (that's the screen name origin '03 Yamaha Warrior) and ham radio. I think that pretty much hits the highlights. Oh, and on the aviation subject, I've flown R/C planes, but I've been around G/A (the boss flies, and is a Gun Nut^TM). Oh, and I dabled in airsoft for a while (1.-2years). That's an activity for people who are in shape, well a non-round shape.

I didn't really grow up around guns, though my dad had a few left over from his single life. Though now I'm wanting to start my own shooting. Most of the camping I've done has been involved with was with my ATVs so not to worried about having to defend myself (obviously I've never been to Glamis). But I've started camping with my buddy and his family and I've done a radio contest in the hills and would like to have something around Just in Case.

I've been lurking the last couple days trying to answer The Question: What to Get. Going to try and hit a few of the local stores this weekend.

Now to figure out how to pay for this... I think it's time to start selling off the old hobbies.

Sheepdog
11-24-2010, 9:40 AM
Originally from Visalia, now living in Bakersfield (? - No, it's not an oxymoron...) I have owned a variety of guns for more than 35 years. Experience as Paramedic, Reserve Police Officer, and IT Guru. I love my wife, my kids, and my freedom and won't TRADE any of them away. Looking forward to making connections on CalGuns.
:21:
NRA Pistol Instructor

exklusve
11-24-2010, 1:41 PM
Add me to the Fresno-area list I suppose. Though I am from Clovis. ;) I've lived here all my life and generally don't have a wanting to escape. We're 3 hours from everywhere.

I'm well let's go with draftsman for a local C-10 contractor. Though anymore the only thing I haven't done is actually sign the checks (in the last 12 years there's been many "other duties as assigned" from warehouse (filled in for injured coworker), to some basic design and lately filling in for the office manager while she's on maternity leave. Definitely not a boring place to work. I've done a little bit of everything. I've got that whole Jack of All Trades, Master of None going on. It provides for job security at work.

The only special talent I seem to have is to get involved in expensive hobbies: computers (I'm one of those Linux-using commies), photography, ATVs (that's the screen name origin '03 Yamaha Warrior) and ham radio. I think that pretty much hits the highlights. Oh, and on the aviation subject, I've flown R/C planes, but I've been around G/A (the boss flies, and is a Gun Nut^TM). Oh, and I dabled in airsoft for a while (1.-2years). That's an activity for people who are in shape, well a non-round shape.

I didn't really grow up around guns, though my dad had a few left over from his single life. Though now I'm wanting to start my own shooting. Most of the camping I've done has been involved with was with my ATVs so not to worried about having to defend myself (obviously I've never been to Glamis). But I've started camping with my buddy and his family and I've done a radio contest in the hills and would like to have something around Just in Case.

I've been lurking the last couple days trying to answer The Question: What to Get. Going to try and hit a few of the local stores this weekend.

Now to figure out how to pay for this... I think it's time to start selling off the old hobbies.

I bought a 870 express magnum 12g for HD and also to bring with me while camping and backpacking. I paid about $300 for the gun (back in 05).
I was deciding between the 12g and a 357mag wheel gun for this purchase.
I ended up going with the shotgun for versatility of ammo. I wouldn't have to worry if i was camping in bear area if I was loaded up with slugs. Plus for HD it's a no brainer to hit your target.
The only downsides with camping or backpacking is it's not as easy to have on your person and accessable as a handgun.

Hope this might help your decision.
Check out Breco in Clovis since you live in that area. (never have heard nothing but great things about Breco)
Theres also Mayfield on first and ashlan (i think??), Herb Bowers, another place on the south west corner of blackstone and herndon which I cannot remember the name.

Good luck man and welcome to the forums!

blackandredwarrior
11-24-2010, 6:25 PM
I bought a 870 express magnum 12g for HD and also to bring with me while camping and backpacking. I paid about $300 for the gun (back in 05).
I was deciding between the 12g and a 357mag wheel gun for this purchase.
I ended up going with the shotgun for versatility of ammo. I wouldn't have to worry if i was camping in bear area if I was loaded up with slugs. Plus for HD it's a no brainer to hit your target.
The only downsides with camping or backpacking is it's not as easy to have on your person and accessable as a handgun.

Hope this might help your decision.
Check out Breco in Clovis since you live in that area. (never have heard nothing but great things about Breco)
Theres also Mayfield on first and ashlan (i think??), Herb Bowers, another place on the south west corner of blackstone and herndon which I cannot remember the name.

Good luck man and welcome to the forums!

I thought about Breco when I got out of the office a little early today but was half way home and didn't want to run in and out. I think they close at 5 and it was about 4:15. Was never sure if that place was a gun shop or an art store... Guess it's both. The Blackstone/Herndon place I think is Fresno Firearms or something like that.

While the natives are off plundering the malls on Friday I'm going to try to get a little window shopping done.

greasemonkey
11-24-2010, 9:24 PM
I thought about Breco when I got out of the office a little early today but was half way home and didn't want to run in and out. I think they close at 5 and it was about 4:15. Was never sure if that place was a gun shop or an art store... Guess it's both. The Blackstone/Herndon place I think is Fresno Firearms or something like that.

While the natives are off plundering the malls on Friday I'm going to try to get a little window shopping done.

Eh, they have some art there but it's most definitely a gun shop, you'll know right away when you walk in the door!

GoldToyBox
11-26-2010, 5:08 PM
Living in Selma now (was at Shaver Lake)
Retired Lineman
Huntin, Fishin, Shootin & Wheelin take my time .... except when I got the grandkids!

Fjold
11-26-2010, 5:35 PM
Bakersfield area.

I run a gas turbine repair shop and field service company for power plants. Background in public speaking, instructor (technical subjects), expert witness (gas turbine construction and operation), company representative to CA labor board hearings.

waawaaweenie
11-27-2010, 8:00 AM
I am Tim. Live in Hanford, work out of Fresno. I am a truck driver and run the western part of the country.

I build AR's as a hobby and also computers. I always keep spare AR small parts laying around.

I am a reloader and do not do it as much as I should be.

waawaaweenie
11-28-2010, 6:38 AM
I'm in Lemoore, work in Visalia as Production Superviser at Spraying Devices (http://www.sprayingdevices.com/). Started a second job as an MSF Rider Coach (http://www.ca-msp.org/) which ought to transition to full time soon at NAS Lemoore (http://https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Lemoore/Jobs/OpenPositions/index.htm) (This is jobs page link for the base).

Retired Marine Corps GySgt, ride a 1984 FXRS (http://www.hdfxr.dk/Public/FXR/FXRHistory.aspx) and an XT 225 (http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xt_225_2005.php), (looking for an SV650 (http://images.google.com/images?q=sv650&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=oONaS6a1GYi4swO3_KiTAw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA)) wife rides a 1985 FXRS. Kids are grown up and gone. Have a 6 month old puppy which is driving us nuts (Border Collie mix) and a 7 month old feral kitty which prefers to be outside.

Get out to Panoche about twice a year for shooting and meetups. Otherwise shooting takes place at the Lemoore Sportsmens club (http://lemooresportsmansclub.com/). I pick up my new FMK 9mm (http://fmkfirearms.com/Products/9c1pistol.html) Tuesday 26 Jan, my birthday present.

I started selling the Calguns apparel (http://http://gunsr4.us/)about 3 years ago. Shipping for you Central Valley guys is easy, probably free delivery.

We have a Friends of the NRA (http://www.friendsofnra.org/) Dinner coming up on 18 February in Lemoore, DC Arms is hosting it again this year.
I bought a pink (http://www.crickett.com/shop_by_brand.php?manufacturers_id=27)Crickett (http://www.crickett.com/shop_by_brand.php?manufacturers_id=27) youth rifle and put together a kit to include a brick of .22 ammo, sound supressors, a pack of targets, eye protection and a carrying case. This kit will be presented as a Calguns sponsored item and given away in the drawing raffles.

I'm down for meetup pretty much anytime anywhere, lunch, shooting (shooting lunch?). In fact we need to start these soon regardless of how many show up, we can have several as often as possible.
There are several Friends of NRA Dinners (http://friendsofnra.org/Events.aspx?sid=5&sc=CA) coming up, we could also do a get together at these places. If you have never been to a dinner give it a shot as its a hoot.

Went down to Hungry Valley at Gorman a few weeks ago for a day of dirt bike riding. I was on a 1976 350 Honda, only dumped it twice early on looking for first from second and found neutral halfway up the stinking hill. I am also a state certified ATV Instructor. If any of you guys have a place we can have some classes, they are free for kids up to 17 years old. Also classes come free with the purchase of new machine. I've seen rebates for most all back to 5 years or so.

By the way, you heard it here first.
We have a .270 Winchester signed by Ted Nugent (http://www.tednugent.com/) to auction off at the Friends of NRA Dinner in Lemoore on 18 February 2010. He signed it as he was walking out the door on his way to Africa to kill something large. DC Arms is handling it so get your bids in early and often. Don't know if you need be present to win but I'd think you'd have to be to bid.

I get wordy in print.

Vick
I worked for the company who designed and built the original molds for Spraying Devices Inc (http://www.sprayingdevices.com/)

I even was the guy who came up with the formula for the strainer rings

not that anyone cares, lol

peterabbits
11-28-2010, 7:51 PM
ok for some reason thought i had already posted in this thread, but i guess not...

I'm Peter, been on Calguns for about a year now. live in SE Fresno. i work for a chemical distribution company, not sure how much good that does the firearms community, save that i'm probably part of just about every database the DOJ has out there LOL. i'm a single parent w/ custody of my 8 year old son, his mom just moved to Baltimore (and i thought our gun laws were bad!). i'm pretty much willing to help out wherever i can. i'm one of those "decent at a lot of things, expert at none" kind of guy when it comes to working around a shop etc. need help with spreadsheets? i'm your man lol.

couldn't make the shoot-n-que due to my son's swim meet, but looking forward to meeting some of you at the next available opportunity.

poothrowingape
11-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Joel. I'm from fresno. I am a marksman and love to ghillie up and go scouting in the wilderness

cabba
12-24-2010, 8:23 AM
Cliff. I reside in Bakersfield, and I enjoy the outdoors and want to get more familiar with weapons and I enjoy the wilderness. I'm looking into rucking and enjoying the outdoors more.

@ Joel, ghillie'n up and scoutin' sounds like an awesome hobby.

mmachmp
12-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I am in Weaverville up in Trinity County former Navy Corpsman and working as Charge Nurse and am also an AR-15 builder.

justin_5585
01-04-2011, 6:31 AM
I am in Weaverville up in Trinity County former Navy Corpsman and working as Charge Nurse and am also an AR-15 builder.

I grew up in Weaverville and still have family there. Are you an FFL, or just a hobby builder?

Doug B
01-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Doug from Visalia. I work as a K9 handler for a local law enforcement agency. I enjoy shooting, road/drag racing, street rods and dog training. Goals for this year include becoming a Glock/1911/AR15 armorer.

Sebass
01-10-2011, 4:59 AM
Sebass from Reedley area, put Cen Cal cause I work in the Fresno area. New Glock 19 owner and member of the Range Pistol club in Fresno.

JakeS27
01-12-2011, 1:37 AM
Hey guys I'm Jake

I'm 21 and from Long Beach. I'm currently going to school at Fresno State and live in the NE Fresno area. I don't own any guns yet but I am about to make my first purchase either a Glock 17 or the XD in 9mm

TheUgliestDuck
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm in Livingston/Atwater. If this is the right place then hello all! I make stocks and am a blacksmith/bladesmith who dabbles in forged/tempered gun parts

greasemonkey
01-22-2011, 1:52 AM
Whoah, I haven't checked this thread in a bit, lots of new guys...welcome. We've got two pretty big deals coming up in the next few weeks that I think are more or less spectacular: A CalGuns booth at the Ag Expo in Tulare and an AK Build Party.

The threads for both of those topics are in this current thread's forum "Southern Central Valley Community Chapter", just click on the link for it at the top of the thread.

And check out the Social Group (link in my signature block), where you're free to discuss pretty much anything (within the CGN.net rules) pertaining to events/locations around here.

Trigger Guard
01-30-2011, 9:56 AM
Tehachapi chiming in,

22 years of electrical contracting, can pretty much repair anything including computers, networks and phone systems. Own things like tractors, medium trucks and trailers. No airplanes or helicopters but I took a flying lesson once. Entire family can clear a 25m "red coat" with no problem.

Let me know how I can help!

Alarm Guy
01-30-2011, 7:33 PM
Hi all, I've been in Fresno/Clovis for all 41 years of my life. As my screen name states I do security alarm systems, security cameras, Access control systems and speaker/home theater wiring. Just had a close family member get her FFL so my collection will soon be growing. My dad used to have a Cessna 210, those were some fun days.

Wycoff013
02-01-2011, 12:42 AM
My name is Brian and I have lived in Fresno most of my life. I am a Plant Engineer by trade but have some extensive Photoshop skills and design work. Pretty handy with computers and networking, but mostly Mac now days. I only have a 22 my father-in-law gave me and a new MP 45 my wife just bought me. Since my trade is fixing and repairing things, I can't wait to start building on an AR.

homemade
02-02-2011, 7:55 PM
Ray here live in Madera and work around the valley.
I work as a handyman for the government and I fix and repair pretty much anything that needs to be fixed.
I got my Home made name bcause I build my own rifles and pistols and reload my own ammo.
I enjoy making my own stuff.
Also work off and on in a full service gunshop for a good friend who is probably 1 of the best gunsmiths in california.

PerHansa
02-05-2011, 1:26 PM
Dave - Big Pine, CA

Today is my first day as a Calgun's member but I've been lurking here for years. I got my first M1A last year and I plan to build my first Cali legal AR this year. I am an electrician and enjoy shooting, hunting, hiking and reading.

I am very appreciative of the efforts that so many people have put into the Calguns organization, let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

McTerry
02-08-2011, 2:49 PM
Name: Terry

Just a run of the mill 30-something guy who used to drive long haul but got tired of the lonely road. Currently working at a local movie theater and trying not to fall asleep out of boredom.

bentnbroken
02-08-2011, 4:26 PM
Eric, Modesto, Photography!

The Deuce
02-10-2011, 8:54 PM
Checking in from Bakersfield.
Work in IT.
I have a sight pusher for the Sig Pxxx-series if anyone local needs one.

bld0121
02-12-2011, 3:48 PM
Brandan: Tulare, CA born and raised, moved north to Davis/Sacramento for a total of 8 years. I''ve got no special talents as far as firearms go, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

(not really, but I am a high school math teacher and love introducing as many people as possible to firearms and instructing them in safe gun-handling procedures and basic technique)

Hot Brass
02-17-2011, 4:14 AM
Bakersfield.

RotorDriver
02-20-2011, 6:28 PM
Hey, Jeff here from Clovis and I'm pretty good with a bow staff. Actually, that's not true. I am a LE helicopter pilot (seems to be a common theme in this thread) and a firearms instructor for my department. I have a small collection including a couple of pre-ban (2000) AR's, my favorite being a Colt CAR-A3. I'm getting more into rimfire now, upgrading my 10/22 and adding a .17HMR to the collection very soon. I'm trying my hand at reloading now too.

Good to meet everyone. Seems like a really diverse group.

Minotaur
02-20-2011, 6:52 PM
My name is Darin. I am a 33 year old medically retired police officer. My talents as far as firearms go?...Uh, I'm one heluva rimfire reloader who specializes in those death bullets I keep hearing so much about.:D

I've been shooting trap and clays for about 20 years. I was a defensive tactics instructor for my department and did a lot of combat shooting with shotgun and handgun. I pretty much love anything that goes bang or anything with a bigblock.

Darin

Montano
03-05-2011, 1:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm Nick. Born and raised in Fresno. Spent some time in the Navy, and have been in the trucking/transportation industry for the last 12 years. I get my first handgun out of jail on the 12th, and can't wait to get some range time. I was lucky enough to pick up a new Glock 17 with night sights.

My 14 year old daughter is also interested in learning about guns, and how to shoot. So I got her a S&W Sigma 9mm. It's should be great spending time with her, and shooting at the same time !!

I look forward to the next get-together :)

Gunsmithing
03-09-2011, 5:40 PM
Dave here I am third generation born in Fresno County. I was in manufacturing for over 30 years till 911. Now I am a license gunsmith enjoying life.

Dave

kongvu
03-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Hello all!

Kong here in Fresno. I'm really starting to make Calguns a regular visit at least 2-3 times a day! Guess you can call me a 1911, AR15 nut! Problem is there are so many to get it'll take me a lifetime. Oh but so much fun trying.

DudeDoug2000
03-10-2011, 6:36 AM
Yeah there are a lot of members from the South Valley on here, a lot are active in IDPA, IPSC & 3-gun matches, too. I think we're long overdue for a Calguns shoot'n'que at 5 Dogs.

Yes we are!

greasemonkey
03-10-2011, 9:52 AM

Yes we are!

Attention everyone in this thread: We're discussing the planning of a Shoot'n'Que in the Social Group (direct link to discussion, click here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=153)). April and May have been suggested, 5 Dogs, Panoche and a few other locations have been suggested, please see the discussion and give us your feedback.

hogaboom
04-02-2011, 1:07 PM
Fresno

mr.hustle
04-14-2011, 4:34 PM
Nick, Bakersfield. I currently work as a prison nurse.

Maddog209
04-18-2011, 3:37 PM
John from Merced. I work Line-Service in General Aviation. AF Vet and former Firefighter.

offdutyalot
04-20-2011, 4:46 PM
Mike from Bakersfield
Correctional Officer

I seem to be off duty more than I'm on due to injuries and such. That's where the name "offdutyalot" came from. I'm getting back into recreational shooting after a few years of not being able to due to pain. I love Glocks. I also prefer to shoot my rifles open sighted. Scopes make me feel confined unless I'm taking an extremely long shot.

menez
04-22-2011, 6:56 AM
I also lay my head in Visalia. I am a Toolmaker/Machinist, father, & proud American! Motorcycles keep me somewhat sane, ride every chance I get. I make LOTS a motorcycle parts in my spare time, flat track and street bike parts mostly. I recently got an AK kit and hope to attend the next build party in June if I could get some questions answered.

I have machined helicopter parts, make beer, and drink scotch whiskey!
But usually not at the same time.

Doug B
04-22-2011, 7:08 AM
I also lay my head in Visalia. I am a Toolmaker/Machinist, father, & proud American! Motorcycles keep me somewhat sane, ride every chance I get. I make LOTS a motorcycle parts in my spare time, flat track and street bike parts mostly. I recently got an AK kit and hope to attend the next build party in June if I could get some questions answered.

I have machined helicopter parts, make beer, and drink scotch whiskey!
But usually not at the same time.

Welcome from another Visalian!

Swyped from my htc Evo using Tapatalk.

TH3DAN
05-29-2011, 3:05 PM
Bakersfield. Family has been in town for a bit now. Shooting mostly pistols, XD and XDm soon.

Doug B
05-29-2011, 7:46 PM
Bakersfield. Family has been in town for a bit now. Shooting mostly pistols, XD and XDm soon.

Welcome!

Swyped from my htc Evo using Tapatalk.

tsisco
06-05-2011, 7:22 PM
I've lived in Bakersfield for about 20 years. I'm self employed as an independent paralegal (We the People) doing work primarily in the areas of family law, probate, guardianships, conservatorships, adoptions and bankruptcy. After shooting black powder for a number of years I've returned to modern firearms and particularly handguns. Most recent acquisitions include 2 SS Kimber 1911's and a Kahr PM9. CCW holder. Willing to help in any area for which I'm called upon.

csburtch
06-09-2011, 8:08 AM
Fresno here!
Ok, I don't have a helicopter, or a place to land one. But they fly over my area occasionally. (near Fresno State) anyway, I'm Chet an engraver/sign maker/graphic designer by trade for the last 20 hrs. Hobbies are shooting as of the last year, fishing, boating, off-road racing, drag racing, VW mechanic (air-cooled), camping. Would love to start hunting.
Let me know if any of that could be helpful to calguns.

greasemonkey
06-16-2011, 6:35 AM
Haha, I just now saw this. Don't worry, may not be the DOJ, just the BATFE! :D

ok for some reason thought i had already posted in this thread, but i guess not...

I'm Peter, been on Calguns for about a year now. live in SE Fresno. i work for a chemical distribution company, not sure how much good that does the firearms community, save that i'm probably part of just about every database the DOJ has out there LOL. i'm a single parent w/ custody of my 8 year old son, his mom just moved to Baltimore (and i thought our gun laws were bad!). i'm pretty much willing to help out wherever i can. i'm one of those "decent at a lot of things, expert at none" kind of guy when it comes to working around a shop etc. need help with spreadsheets? i'm your man lol.

couldn't make the shoot-n-que due to my son's swim meet, but looking forward to meeting some of you at the next available opportunity.

Lots of new guys signing up around Fresno/Lemoore, check the "New to Calguns? Check Here First!" (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63) sub-forum and say hello.

And we have a Social Group (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=9), a section for starting discussions about anything pertaining to our local communities.

RugerNo1
06-30-2011, 1:23 PM
Huh, just checked this thread after seeing some new adds and did not even realise that I was not in it! :eek:

I am Dane from Baksersfield. Just graduated college and waiting to go back in the Fall to continue. You will see me at 5 Dogs almost every weekend shooting the Sporting Clays course with my team (not too serious though) or on the rifle line (probably the only guy on the line not using the bench the whole time). Or at the Ole Boy Outdoors indoor range (buy a membership, you will love it) in town. If you are ever around, look for the guy with a WOA or Lapua shirt and hat.:thumbsup:

GunJournalist
08-03-2011, 7:30 AM
GunJournalist in the Antelope Valley. =)

i like journalism critiquing everything for the paper shooting for fun, hunting and fishing, and being the best college student i can be.

twoforme2
09-04-2011, 4:54 PM
Hey gang,
Mike here in Tulare. I cover a pretty large area for work where I test and commission equipment for substations.
I have had many hobbies come and go over the years and am finally kinda back to this one. I have done lots of things over the years. Seems like about anything from archery to ham radio to electronics to welding I have dabbled in over the years, and like others have said "a master of none". I have gotten pretty good in the practice of sarcasm and general smartassery though. :cool:
Lately my expensive hobby has been my diesel pickup....and now getting back into guns and shooting.
If there is something I can't do though I usually "have a guy for that".
Don't know that I would ever be able to help anyone here, but if I can't I probably "have a guy for that"

SoEm0
09-07-2011, 9:22 PM
Damn I just realized I never checked in. I guess its never too late.

My name is Jason. I am from Exeter (right next to visalia for those who don't know)
I am currently a Child Care Worker for a group home for juvenile offenders.
I am also a jack of all trades, master of none. I spend my free time working on cars (mostly bmw and other german auto's). I have also been building and working on computers for about 12 years now. I do quite a bit of work with car audio. Not sure how this can equate to helping others around here, but you never know. :punk:

greasemonkey
09-08-2011, 8:04 AM
Damn I just realized I never checked in. I guess its never too late.

My name is Jason. I am from Exeter (right next to visalia for those who don't know)
I am currently a Child Care Worker for a group home for juvenile offenders.
I am also a jack of all trades, master of none. I spend my free time working on cars (mostly bmw and other german auto's). I have also been building and working on computers for about 12 years now. I do quite a bit of work with car audio. Not sure how this can equate to helping others around here, but you never know. :punk:

I'm an aircraft mechanic and a lot of the founding fathers were farmers, teachers, lawyers, authors et cetera...all it takes is being willing to show up and help :D

TaoFlederMaus
09-14-2011, 5:07 PM
I am an industrical mechanic/technician for a creamery in Tulare but I am also a Youtube Partner that features a lot of gun videos filmed in slow motion. I'm always looking for locals around the Visalia/Tulare County area to film and especially looking for private property to shoot at.

-
The Lemoore airshow is OCTOBER 15-16 (2011) -just a reminder to everyone.

SoEm0
09-14-2011, 6:03 PM
I might be out there with residents from my group home. Not sure yet. Its been a long time since I have been to the Lemoore air show.

Specter6A
09-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Scott from Visalia. Former Sgt. KCSO. Now co-owner of Specter Gear. I spend most of my time designing tactical load bearing gear. I've been a lurker/very infrequent poster here on Calguns since it's inception. But, I think I might start contributing more.

Meplat
09-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Doug, New here, Don't have many talents although I do have a commercial license If that helps.

Just perusing the intro thread and this post reminded me that I forgot to mention in my intro that I also have a Class A CDL with doubles, triples, tanks, and hazmat endorsements. So if CG needs a truck driven somewhere there seem to be a few of us here that can accommodate. As an update I am also now retired so have a more flexible schedule.

Meplat
09-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Sounds like all cops don't spread FUD. Must be something in the salt air.

Fresno here. im a FF/Medic as well as an arson investigator. just started building my first AR after i found out from a PD guy that we can have them legally in Ca with certain requirements. anyways, i found this site and haven't logged out yet! lol. looking forward to reading and learning.

Meplat
09-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Joel. I'm from fresno. I am a marksman and love to ghillie up and go scouting in the wilderness

Wow! I bet you are in more data bases than even the average Cal-Gunner.:p

Richardr247
09-27-2011, 8:46 AM
Richard from Visalia. Just joined Calguns. New to guns and new to the area. I Hope to meet good people here and learn more about guns

HammerDown
10-08-2011, 7:06 AM
Hey fella's,

I am Scott from Bakersfield. I moved here about two years ago, and much prefer it over the northeast (orig. from Mass). Anyways, just really starting out and I hit the Kern Co Gun club for trap with the wife and my buddy on Saturday morning's if I am not forced into work. Not really new to guns, but my handgun skills are pretty piss poor (left handed, right eye dominant). Hopefully, i can learn some from you guys...cheers.

mjfast82
10-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Mike here; live in Fresno. Grew up working in the packing sheds in Reedley/Dinuba. Currently working at Fresno pacific University as an admissions counselor. Looking to move into a sports/athletics field for a career.
Hobbies including road cycling (be nice to us out on the road), baseball, shooting (would love to try out handgun idpa matches). If funds allowed I would like to get my CCW, but probably need to invest in a more carry friendly weapon. Only handgun right now is kimber custom II full size.
I have experience in audio engineering, although do not have my own equipment.

chozenfew805
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
What's up South Central Valley Calgunners!

I was born in Kern County and still visit family there pretty often so I decided to check in here as well. Currently I'm a heavy equipment mechanic in the military serving overseas. I'm stationed down in SOCAL. Dealt a lot with weapons in the military but never owned my own personal firearm up until recently (found out:shifty: my wife bought me my SAIGAs for Christmas).

My hobbies consisted of go fast rice:22:burners to wheel standing American Muscle but gave that up because I found out we have a new one on the way. I wanted to take my rifles out to the ranges near Bakersfield if I get my R&R approved for the holidays.

greasemonkey
11-20-2011, 8:35 AM
If you're interested in applying for your License to Carry a concealed weapon and you're a resident of the City of Fresno, please contact me, I'm looking for a group to apply in coordination with CGF.

gonzales
12-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi, My name is Sal. I currently live in Reedley but grew up in Firebaugh. I've always had an interest in guns and have finally become a owner. I'm looking to meet more people with the same interest in this field and gain some good input on the local seen.

ke1dzyne
01-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Hello,
My name is Keith. I'm in Three Rivers, just outside of Sequoia Park. I'm an engineer with a structural glass company, and have owned guns since childhood. I just recently got my LTC after a lot of time thinking about it. I'm a private pilot, building my own plane (aerobatic One Design) as money allows, building my own rifles (for personal use only). Over the years Ive enjoyed dirt biking, camping, hotrodding, 4 wheeling, machining, etc. I've been lurking here for some time and rarely post. I don't generally speak-up unless I have something worthwhile to say, so I read a LOT more than I Post. I credit Calguns and Calccw with kicking me into gear with my LTC, and gun building. The information here is invaluable for staying legal, and my hat is off to all members and staff for making this site a great resourse. Now I need to step up and donate....
Keith

mojavered
01-16-2012, 3:49 PM
Grew up in Ridgecrest, live in Bakersfield now. Lots of hobbies, but mostly spend time with the Family!

Lewis
01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Mike here in Visalia. Love CGN & CGF. I'm a good kisser. My wife's a great cook and gardener.

burtonvdp
01-19-2012, 2:35 PM
Bryan here from Fresno. I had a login before but lost it so I figured I'd start over! I had the pleasure of going to an AK builders party with my buddy who did the BBQ and I can't wait to build one myself!

greasemonkey
01-19-2012, 2:54 PM
Hey everyone, the World Ag Expo is coming up on Feb 14-16. The CalGuns Foundation will be having a booth there, for the third year in a row. We need volunteers for the booth, we need people to come stop by the booth to meet other Calgunners and we need you to spread the word.
The link is in my signature just below this, so I feel it'd be a bit redundant for me to post it right here :)

PRK Arms is the headline sponsor, along with some other shops and repeat volunteers that will make this an epic booth. And the fun part? We finally get to welcome the NRA to the Ag Expo, they'll be a couple booths down from us!! :D

dolemite13
01-22-2012, 8:07 PM
i am in porterville. auto mechanic.my name is ken

CA Cowboy
01-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Trade:Heavy Equipment/Material handler
Interests:Guns,cars,4x4s,old country music,old western tv & movies.And just about anything outdoors related.

greasemonkey
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Thread for CGF Booth @ the World Ag Expo, go there. We need volunteers!

tallsedo
01-28-2012, 2:32 PM
Scott in Porterville....HS teacher....

SARC_Mike
01-29-2012, 8:41 AM
Mike here living in Fresno. Formerly a Special Amphibious Recon Corpsman. Now in charge of a community health care clinic that has 125 staff members and sees ~ 500 patients. All you uninsured/under-insured people needing health care come see me and I can get you taken care of. I've yet to meet a gun I didnt like. Hell even the ones that dont work can be thrown at someone. My current project is a match grade 10/22 that I just started. Fun little pea shooter!

surfer_man_38
01-31-2012, 7:04 PM
hi all from Lemoore, I am a hydrualics mech on jets and I am also a good painter (of jets)

Mikey B
02-04-2012, 8:17 AM
another fresno member checking in!

Im a service advisor in automotive, i wrench on fast cars every waking minute and ive been progressively getting into the gun/rifle scene

Johnnyfres
02-06-2012, 5:54 PM
Wow lots of IT guys here. Glad to see that.

John here. Originally from Camarillo. Lived in Clovis for 11 years. (Network Support Technician, IT Consultant). Do IT work for a lot of local Police Agencies and cities in the Central Valley, along with many other clients. Do everything from network cabling , PC repair to Network Design and support.

Owner of an 1952 Russian SKS, Glock 9mm second gen. Mossberg 500. Just purchased my first AR-15 lower. Still on BO from Spikes Tactical.

Friend and client referred me to CGN. Need to get his username still.

Can't wait to get out to the range more often. Hope to make new friends on the forums.

Take care

CompGuy
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
From Fresno/Clovis. Work in IT, and teach computers at night. Another Jack of all trades. My only real talent that I know of is improvised repairs. I can usually find a way to fix anything. Might not be pretty, might not last a long time, but I can usually get things working again. :)

I have a Glock 19 that I bought, and a range of .22's that were handed down. I love shooting, but I need a better job to be able to afford it. :(

I'm buddies with blackandredwarrior.

Vit_sfba
02-19-2012, 4:48 AM
Hi All,

Vitaly from San Jose.

I develop software, admin Linux systems, keep servers at various colo sites, build/fix computers etc..

Own Mossberg 88, half through my 10 days for Ruger P94, waiting for my MPA930T and Sterling type II to arrive.

brad46
02-22-2012, 8:16 AM
Brad Hayes, Born and raised in Clovis. Retired telco. Hobbies are reloading, shooting, fishing. I gave up hunting, tired of getting shot at.

chiliman21
02-22-2012, 2:18 PM
Mike, live in fresno. want to get in to reloading, my dream closet it a walk in lined with full gun safes.

TMoNeE
02-27-2012, 9:42 AM
Tim - Fresno... IT Project Manager for a very large company... have all sorts of hobbies, cars, guns, hunting, paintball, boating, fishing, wakeboarding, etc etc etc.

Dano2467
02-28-2012, 5:36 PM
My Name is Dan, I live in Lemoore and do a lot of commuting to Ridgecrest. I can't really say I am a retired aircraft mechanic cause I only retired from the Navy and I still work on the planes. I have been by the sportsman's club in lemoore but am currently only a member of the Ridgecrest gun club. I am very intersted in find out about getting a CCW.

greasemonkey
02-28-2012, 8:47 PM
Perfect. Kings County is pretty un-friendly for issuing, the CalGuns Foundation is looking for K-Co. residents to apply. I work there & have friends/family there but I currently reside in Fresno Co. (that's another ball of worms, though).

Check out the Kings County Resources page (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative/104-kings.html), the known Good Cause statements are published.

My Name is Dan, I live in Lemoore and do a lot of commuting to Ridgecrest. I can't really say I am a retired aircraft mechanic cause I only retired from the Navy and I still work on the planes. I have been by the sportsman's club in lemoore but am currently only a member of the Ridgecrest gun club. I am very intersted in find out about getting a CCW.

the.22kid
03-13-2012, 3:00 PM
my name is Ruben I live in Fresno i would like to be a gunsmith but I don't know where to start. I love .22's, fun and cheap to shoot

fredx10sen
03-17-2012, 6:04 PM
Located in Strathmore. Member of SASS, NRA, Gun Owners of California. Interests in Reloading, Bullet Casting and of course Guns N Shooting. Having fun teaching my Grand kids the same interests. :) AKA Burly Bear Fred "(SASS)"

HOESAYE559
03-20-2012, 3:26 PM
Hey was up names HOESAYE here from Fresno I'm currently going to school for hvac and own a XD 9mm. I really been looking for someone that knows a spot to go shooting up in the mountains. I'm into dog breeding (American pits) grilling up sum meat and chillin out.

Strykeback
03-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Daniel from the central coast here. Currently live in Santa Maria and work in San Luis Obispo. Went shooting with some friends a couple months ago and now go to the range with friends atleast twice a month.

Still trying to decide on that all important first handgun. Trying to find a place to bring in a SSE cz sp01 tactical or p07 duty.
Though i mistakenly held a sig 226 the other day...

Ordie1
03-23-2012, 7:33 AM
James just got my first AR. I want to get into competative shooting like 2 gun. I live in Tehachapi. :)

Dawgmech
03-24-2012, 4:56 AM
Name is John and I live in Hanford. Wife and I shoot a bit. I'm an aircraft mechanic with 20 years Air Force complete and now 11 years working at Lemoore NAS on T-34C for the Navy. I ride motorcycles, DR-650 and HD Road King.

TaoFlederMaus
03-26-2012, 4:52 PM
My name is Jeff and I live in Visalia. I mostly film guns in slow motion for Youtube videos. I'm always looking for private land to shoot things ranges won't allow, but can still be done safely.

I am planning on filming some SAPI plates being shot with various calibers. The plates are rated for up to 30.06 armor piercing rounds.

Pro2ndNCali
03-26-2012, 8:43 PM
Hey there....Newbie chick checkin' in from Fresberg!

Jerry1949
03-27-2012, 8:55 AM
Screen Name- Jerry1949

Location- Fresno area (Coalinga to be exact)

Talents- Few

Profession- Safety Admin.

For those interested- I am a NRA Pistol Instructor and RSO. I am approved to instruct CCW in Fresno, Kings, Tulare and Madera counties. I am looking into attending basic gun smith school in the near future.

Hobbies- Motorcycles and model trains

Operator
03-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Name is John and I live in Hanford. Wife and I shoot a bit. I'm an aircraft mechanic with 20 years Air Force complete and now 11 years working at Lemoore NAS on T-34C for the Navy. I ride motorcycles, DR-650 and HD Road King.

Welcome from down the street.

Andrew_916
03-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Name is Andrew. I am from Sacramento County. Hope everyone is having a safe and entertaining night. Enjoy the rain, there is more to come.

groefsema17
04-03-2012, 7:22 PM
Chowchilla here!

greasemonkey
04-03-2012, 7:34 PM
Chowchilla here!
I'll be on the airport tomorrow. You don't happen to know Seth Rossow, do you? As in the Calguns Foundation's active case Rossow v. Merced :43:

derrit
04-17-2012, 8:24 AM
Newbie from Clovis-stumbled onto this site while doing some research on 80% builds-nice to see some folks who enjoy guns/shooting and general BS as much as I do.

oldcarguy23t
04-18-2012, 10:44 PM
New here and hope to learn, never too old to learn. I'm from Lemoore is there any other members in Lemoore? A little about myself, Life Member of NRA, member CRPA, Board member at Lemoore Sportsmen Club, OH YES i'm also into old cars as you might tell by users name got a 1930 Model A with a 302 THATS RIGHT Ford on Ford as Mr Henry Ford would do it. I do all my reloading both Rifle & Pistol. Wife also shots and she not bad at it BUT don't tell her I said that!!!! She also helps with the reloading. A friend got me on the site due to I'm wanting to build an SBR in AR15 5.56x45 (223) I builded 4 AR15 in 5.56x45 this last year, 3 with 16" barrels and the last one I want an SBR I'm looking for any AND all help I can get as to the paper work. After I get this done then I want to build an AR10 in 7.62x54 (308)

SnakePlissken
05-05-2012, 5:50 AM
Fresno here....

E Pluribus Unum
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Bakersfield, Ca. USA....

I am a self-employed computer tech with 17 years experience....

I can also turn a wrench... and I know my way around radios...

Screen Name- Jerry1949

Location- Fresno area (Coalinga to be exact)

Talents- Few

Profession- Safety Admin.

For those interested- I am a NRA Pistol Instructor and RSO. I am approved to instruct CCW in Fresno, Kings, Tulare and Madera counties. I am looking into attending basic gun smith school in the near future.

Hobbies- Motorcycles and model trains

Wow... Coaling station A....

I grew up there... at 204 E. Pleasant st....

We moved shortly after the earthquake... I used to be in all the gymcannas (like mini rodeos) back in the mid-80's. My stiffest competition was Nora Hunt.. who turned out to be quite a rodeo queen... I miss those days... I was very young but I have vivid memories.

Quickdraw559
05-22-2012, 3:46 PM
Wow, am I the first from Madera?
Not too many special skills at 21. I'm part time in college studying to be who knows what, and trying to find a new, full time job that can help me live a bit more, "comfortably." One thing I want to do is attend the gunsmith school in Lassen, but I'm not sure how the job market is.

Anyone ever shoot up in the Sierra's?

offdutyalot
06-18-2012, 8:25 AM
Bakersfield here.

My screen name was created when I registered here last year because I was off duty awaiting a back surgery. Well, it holds true again because I'm awaiting another back surgery. So since 2007 I've been "offdutyalot" from CDC because of: Foot injury from work resulting in injury, a quick battle with Leukemia, back surgery, gallbladder removal surgery, and now another back surgery..........but, I have alot of time to be more involved at church, shoot, now reloading, hanging with my kids, and much of the things I didn't have time to do when I had to work. Hopefully this will be a successful surgery and I will be back at work so I can make some extra money for more guns.

EmmanuelM
06-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey there, I'm located in Hanford. Just started shooting this year. I'm 21 years young, have a Ruger 10/22 and just bought a Sig Sauer P2022. I have been shooting at the Fresno Pistol and Rifle Club, but I'm thinking about signing up for the Lemoore Sportsmen Club.

mcsoupman
07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Fresno here. Preacher. I have developed a love for shooting in the last 2 years. Looking to get more involved and interested in prepping.

SmellySkunk
07-26-2012, 8:21 PM
Bakersfield here. I'm a Brit and am here on a working visa so have just completed my Hunter's Ed course so I can get a hunters license and be legally allowed to touch a weapon!!! Primarily looking to do some range shooting and got my eye on a .22 long and then hoping to move on to an AR-15.
I'm a process engineer working near to Lost Hills but have a background in industrial instrumentation and control equipment as well as a 3 year stint in pretty much everything IT based.
Other than getting into shooting, i'm a computer geek and online gamer.
Let me know if I can help with anything ^_^

mickey99us
08-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Porterville here. Psychiatric Technician for the state. love to shoot.

Boogie Woogie
08-04-2012, 5:52 PM
Hello folks. Fresno here and I'm an economic consultant by trade. Gun enthusiast/beginning collector.

jdbark1952
08-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Porterville here. Psychiatric Technician for the state. love to shoot.

Hey Mickey,

I live up behind Lake Success, used to work out at PDC as a respiratory therapist but it has been a while. If you work there we may have met.

Doug

CentralCali559
08-27-2012, 1:21 PM
First post. Born in Visalia, and grew up in Farmersville. Age 23. I Joined the US Army in 2007 after graduating from Farmersville High. Deployed to Iraq Sept 08 - Sept 09 and most recently to Afghanistan from June 11 - June 12. Currently stationed at Ft Carson, CO. Will be getting out of the military next month. Had some really close calls on both combat tours.

Sc0tts0
09-04-2012, 8:43 PM
Scott in Tehachapi. The wife and I have been wanting to shoot for awhile now and we finally took the plunge and purchased our first firearms. Very much noobs but looking forward to learning and practicing! I've shot rifles various times, but handguns are new to me. Picked up a Beretta PX4 full size for myself and 10/22 for Appleseed. Wife went for the Glock 19. Looking forward to range time!

Edit: Forgot to add I'm a systems engineer and work with the Internet and computers/servers professionally.

Lone.45
09-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Anthony living in Tulare working at NAS lemoore.... (drive sux).

looking for good ranges in the area to go to. currently using a XD45 and S&W mp15 sport. can use some help getting it sighted. anyone nearby going out around the 14th-15th?

glane5910
09-11-2012, 5:29 AM
Back in Bakersfield. Will be available for gunsmithing. Graduate of Lassen College Gunsmithing. Army vet.
Lane's Gunsmithing
119 McKelvey Ave.
Bakersfield, Ca. 93308
661-246-5850
FFL# 9-77-029-01-4C-030508
CFD # 21670

Operator
09-12-2012, 8:29 AM
First post. Born in Visalia, and grew up in Farmersville. Age 23. I Joined the US Army in 2007 after graduating from Farmersville High. Deployed to Iraq Sept 08 - Sept 09 and most recently to Afghanistan from June 11 - June 12. Currently stationed at Ft Carson, CO. Will be getting out of the military next month. Had some really close calls on both combat tours.

Welcome to the group. Thank you for your service.

CentralCali559
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the group. Thank you for your service.

Thank you

bobby7321
10-01-2012, 8:12 PM
Visalia here! I love them all, 1911s, ar15s, ar10s, model 70s and 94s, up to .500 NE doubles.

registered way back when the OLL craze was kicking off. haven't been too active since, but looking to get back on and maybe get to know some local members. I'm at the VSA range in Visalia fairly often.

Vanzant
10-16-2012, 3:58 PM
Nick from Fresno here. Security Specialist focused on Residential and Corporate system layout and design.

tkxiong
10-17-2012, 1:00 PM
I'm Thai, Fresno. self employed for 4 years. full time selling saltwater coral farming rock online(www.coralplugs.com (http://coralplug.weebly.com/)). Also part time photographer/videographer(www.xiongvfx.net (http://www.xiongvfx.net/))
I'm still kinda new to gun n building my second ar15 from 80% lower.

mike21
11-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Mike from bakersfield. Lots of hobbies including cars, gym, guns, music etc.

Gun list is small but I like them all
12 gauge shotgun
Springfield xd subcompact .40 for carry
BCM lightweight midlength AR-15 .223/.556

Smokeybehr
01-14-2013, 2:24 PM
Checking back in...

Moved from Madera to Fresno back in October 12, and I'm still getting settled in. IT Pro with the County Library, Public Safety Commo Dude, and Brony.

aliphian
01-18-2013, 9:34 AM
Hey everybody. Name's Wes, I'm in Fresno. I just recently became a gun owner. Picked up a M&P 9mm. Looking to add to the collection.

I don't have any special skills other than I've been playing guitar for 14 years or so.

The wife and I both have memberships to The Range here in Fresno so I'm sure I'll see some of you there.

Happy hunting!

Cujo
02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I was born in Fresno and recently came back for the first time in 36 years!

My last residence was in a completely free state and unfortunately, I had to leave a lot of items back there. I started shooting when I was probably around the age of six or so on the grandparent's ranch in Reedley. I purchased my first pistol the day I turned 21 (HK P7M13) that I still have today. I enjoy and reload for .308, .223, .204, 9mm and 10mm. I used to shoot USPSA Production class (Glock 34) but am not very good.

Other than that, I enjoy fly fishing (trout/steelhead) and tying flies, hunting (upland game, waterfowl and varmints), sailing (RC and Hobie's), and gaining weight. I really don't excel in one area in particular. . .I'm really pretty much average.

It seems that many here are into aviation and helicopters. :) I'm a retired Naval Aviator. :oji:

Nickgt40
02-07-2013, 8:18 PM
^^ Thanks for your service.

I'm a Cal Poly grad living in downtown Fresno. Which is usually better than it sounds. I work for a manufacturer of fluid power and fluid control products which is based out of MI and NJ respectively.

I average about 30k-35k miles a year on the road, plus many more aboard commercial airlines. When I'm home, I shoot as often as I can. I've never been hunting but I'm willing to bet that I'd pick it up pretty quickly which is good because the only time I'll probably ever do it is in a survival situation.

I've worked on mechanical stuff since I was a kid, I'm usually pretty good at fixing things. I've got a nice little arsenal going, and I'm always looking to add more.

Going to the Visalia Sportsmans Association range with EmmanualM (post 215) this saturday, hopefully we can see a few of you out there. I'll have my Mosin Sniper with me.

dredgeman
02-10-2013, 1:10 PM
dredgeman Clovis/Fresno

R.C.M. Ent mining supplies and shop

manufacturing, heavy metal reclamation devices

Black Widow
02-11-2013, 3:46 PM
Located in Los Banos (Merced County) but originally from the Bay Area and travel there (and Modesto [Stanislaus County] often).

New to this site, want to become more involved... I have found a passion! :) I am hoping that the litigation with my county gets resolved such that I can apply for my CCW without fear of instant rejection. But, for now, I am simply doing all I can to learn!

Cypriss32
02-11-2013, 4:29 PM
Adam, Fowler or fresno depending. Finishing degree, own my own company locally. I sell and package local all natural honey.

supporter2a
02-11-2013, 6:54 PM
fresno here, love going to the range try to go as often as possible, and i really wanna have fun i go up to auberry. gotta finish the process for my ccw and im going to pick up my newest addition to my gun collection in about 2 weeks cant wait.

CenCalChris
02-15-2013, 8:15 AM
My name is Chris, born and raised in Lemoore. I am a manager of a sports uniform, and silk screening business. I am currently on a break as a volunteer fire fighter, and have a EMT and CA Firefighter 1 license. Currently going to school to obtain my Real Estate license. My hobbies include shooting (if I can afford ammo), gardening, and playing with my kids. Next on my list is obtaining a CCW, while I still can in the wonderful state of PRK.

l3asturd
02-16-2013, 10:11 AM
John from Visalia. Very new to Calguns. Own a a couple rifles, pistols, and shotty. Really interested in building an AR. Looking for local inspiration.

Bmcarp
02-24-2013, 4:34 PM
Brandon from Fresno.
Repair and maintenance is what I do.

rdhjr1973
03-30-2013, 9:17 AM
rdhjr1973, Fresno. Driver by profession.

Doug B
03-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Welcome everyone!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

0115deagle
05-19-2013, 3:44 PM
Clovis!
Paramedic- semi skilled labor! Hahaha

Can'thavenuthingood
05-19-2013, 4:41 PM
Okay guys we have to get out the Vote for Vidak this next Tuesday 21 May.
The dems have a tenuous hold on the super majority and we need to whittle away at this.

http://cagop.org/newsdetails.asp?artid=5E5959

Vick

MarkfrmaDistance
05-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Los Banos Checking in! Ready and willing to assist to the best of my abilities will take me. I'm a disabled operator waiting on my damaged leg to get hacked off and a new prosthetic to get my foot stomping again ..... Can I get a HOOAH Sargeant!
Well for now I manage our Apt Complexs and homes all around the Bay Area... From hiring landscapers, to collecting rent to Evicting Sqauters.... As you can see a CCW would be benificial to me. Living in Los Banos population of 36k+, there is only 2 ppl with a CCW here, I would apply but the fear of denial from the start doesn't sit to well so I will try to apply else where if possible. If anyone knows anything about applying for a CCW in another city please help I'm open to suggestions.

FresnoRob
05-28-2013, 4:52 AM
Fresno new to Calguns back into shooting after 30+ years. I do IT support not a lot more in the way of skills unless you need an expert at watching TV :)

bako88fan
09-15-2013, 9:14 PM
Bumping this up. I'm Jeremy from Bakersfield. I'm a sports nut which includes target shooting.

I'm in sales and run my own business which means I spend my life negotiating. You'd be surprised how that skill could be useful. I'm also a tech guy and can handle Web design and graphic design.

slatroni
11-16-2013, 7:03 PM
Beautiful down town Los Banos.

old grunt
12-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I live east of visalia and have just retired as a project manager. I could help with any site or construction issues. I am currently working on a re-loading room, for pistols and rifles. I could use help when I get set up on reloading.