PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Roll Call - Check in Here!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Steyrlp10
06-27-2010, 10:42 AM
This just warms my heart to see you folks checking in -- thanks! :)

audiopro74
06-29-2010, 7:32 PM
Chris
Livermore ca
Audiopro74 comes from birth year, and being a professional auto/marine installation tech. Security, and video also.
Currently work as a over the road truck driver.
Been shooting since I was big enough to handle the recoil. 1st bb gun and bow in 1st grade.

I enjoy all things shooting related. Trap, target, pistol, rifle, and paintball too. Oh ya lets not forget "Duck Hunt"
also like to tinker.

Willing to volunteer my time for anything I believe in. So just ask. Although not certified in any way, I am a very good firearms instructor. Especially for new shooters. I love to share the sport.

RANash
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm Richard Nash. I live in Fairfield, right smack in between the Bay Area and Sacramento. I'm a computer systems engineer, a former NRA certified pistol instructor (certification expired), NRA and CRPA life member, and contributor to CGF.

Steyrlp10
07-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm Richard Nash. I live in Fairfield, right smack in between the Bay Area and Sacramento. I'm a computer systems engineer, a former NRA certified pistol instructor (certification expired), NRA and CRPA life member, and contributor to CGF.

Hello Richard!

I'm just curious, but will you consider reactivating your pistol certificate in the future?

Thanks, Liz

Croweman08
07-01-2010, 4:12 PM
Manuel
hollister
any and all sports!!!

RANash
07-01-2010, 8:13 PM
Hi Liz,

I'd love to reactivate the certification, but time is the problem. Back when I got certified, I had one child... now I have five (all daughters!) While they're young, they need and want to spend time with daddy. However, when they're teenagers and the old man just embarrasses them... I'll have time!

To keep your certification active, you have to teach a minimum number of classes per year, and I just didn't have time to keep it up. It was fun, though.

RANash
07-01-2010, 8:17 PM
Liz, quick question - I see on your info that you're a "CGN Contributor - Lifetime". I assume that CGN is the CalGuns Foundation? And, what does it take to become a lifetime member?

Steyrlp10
07-02-2010, 8:58 AM
Liz, quick question - I see on your info that you're a "CGN Contributor - Lifetime". I assume that CGN is the CalGuns Foundation? And, what does it take to become a lifetime member?

I understand your priorties with family and was just curious, no worries. People ask from time to time about getting pistol instruction on here, so I wanted to keep you in mind.

On the contributor status, mine is with CGN, the web site. The Foundation is the non-profit portion of Calguns and a separate entity from CGN. Brandon (Wildhawker) is part of the Calguns Foundation Board; he may be able to answer any questions you may have about the Foundation.

The last I saw, I don't think the Foundation has a Life Membership set up, but this is something Brandon may be able to help answer too.

I hope this clarifies things and if not, feel free to drop me an email/PM.

Thanks again, Liz

Bart1
07-02-2010, 4:03 PM
Hi everyone! Bart1=Roberto
I live in SF (the worst if you like firearms). I am new to guns and I bought my first gun a couple of months ago. It was a Colt 1911 nickled enhanced version. I bought my first rifle( marlin 795 ) and have sinced been hooked on long range shooting. I traded my colt for a remington 700 :).

My other passion/hobby

http://rprmotorsports.yolasite.com

Very glad to have found Calguns.

GravyPersists
07-03-2010, 1:32 PM
Larkspur, here in Marin County

Erik.Golobic
07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Erik Golobic
Currently reside in Sunnyvale. Born and raised in Santa Cruz. College + a few years in AZ where I held a CCW. Founder of University Pistol and Rifle Club.

I work at a family-run homebrew and winemaking shop.

I work weekends, but I'll do what I can to help out.

INACOMA72010
07-11-2010, 8:14 PM
Hey everyone! Looking forward to meeting and chatting with yall. Born and raised in San Diego. I currently reside in Alameda County. I work in Oakland.

tat668
07-12-2010, 2:33 PM
Tat is my name..

moved to San Fran in mid 1967 and call this city home since then. Lived part of that period all over the world, courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Know a little bit on interesting subjects, but expert in none. Can and willing to help in all kinds of odds and end jobs.

Recent interest, long range precision rifle. My youngest son got me back to shooting again after a long period of raising a family. Trying to learn as much as I can managed on that subject.

scribe
07-15-2010, 5:25 PM
name: Scribe

location: San Francisco (because I can't afford to leave right now). Yes, I hate the politics here.

Interests: Gonnes of all types including smoke poles. Wrote numerous historical articles and one book on marksmanship in battle.

RolinCode3
07-16-2010, 5:01 PM
RolinCode3...Benicia. I've been shooting (handguns) for 14 years, some competition in college (CSU Sacramento, Criminal Justice degree). Firefighter for 10 years, EMT for 12 years.

Gryff
07-16-2010, 5:21 PM
RolinCode3...Benicia. I've been shooting (handguns) for 14 years, some competition in college (CSU Sacramento, Criminal Justice degree). Firefighter for 10 years, EMT for 12 years.

When were you at Sac State? I finished up there in '93.

RolinCode3
07-16-2010, 7:39 PM
When were you at Sac State? I finished up there in '93.

I'm just a whippersnapper...CSUS 95-98 ACJA/LAE Alum. Nice to see some fellow Hornets around...

GlockTalk9
07-21-2010, 12:08 PM
GlockTalk9
Alameda
2yr amateur with few hundred rounds in few semi-auto handguns (its an expensive hobby!)
I'm a competitive weight lifter. Best lift was 568lb deadlift @ 198lb. I earned the American record until it was later beat a year later. Weight training is my passion and I'm the person to talk to if your tired of being small and skimpy.

Yuba
07-24-2010, 1:29 PM
Yuba - Scott

Redwood City, been a gun owner for years but I don't shoot much...playing golf these days.

Just build my first lower and will be putting an upper on it soon.

Not sure where to shoot the black guns around here, any guys going to the Coyote Point Range?

Gryff
07-24-2010, 3:02 PM
Yuba - Scott

Redwood City, been a gun owner for years but I don't shoot much...playing golf these days.

Just build my first lower and will be putting an upper on it soon.

Not sure where to shoot the black guns around here, any guys going to the Coyote Point Range?

If you head across the bay to Castro Valley, you can shoot EBRs at Chabot.

snypr
07-28-2010, 8:24 AM
Snypr

Concord since birth
Occupation in tech industry.....PCs, servers, switches, routers, firewalls, etc etc....have some LEO training and expired EMT with CoCo county. Love survivalist stuff and being outdoors.

been hunting and shooting for about 35 years......

reagan8
07-29-2010, 8:55 PM
Hi, all

I'm in Pleasant Hill and have lived in the Bay Area for the past 25 years.

I like to shoot at United Sportsman in Concord as often as I can (at least once a month, usually more often), and I'm a member of Diablo Rod & Gun Club.

Another calguns member was very kind in letting me borrow his Sig sight pusher, and I'd like to return the favor to the calguns community. If you need to borrow an upper receiver vise block for an AR, PM me. I have other AR and M1A tools as well.

Love this site!

glenndf
07-30-2010, 11:28 AM
glenndf = Dan
Born and raised right here on the Peninsula.
Poli-Sci and Econ double major @ Miami Univ. of Ohio.
Planning to go to law school and maybe specialize in 2a law.
Picking up my first gun, a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle, on Sunday, though my dad and I have been shooting his guns for a few years now, so I'm a decent enough marksman.

BayAreaShooter
08-05-2010, 2:58 PM
My handle is BayAreShooter and I reside in the East Bay. I am new to Cal Guns but I post on multiple other forums. I have a thing for Rugers. I mainly shoot at Livermore/Pleasanton Rod and Gun and have most likely talked or seen a few of you there.

BANG BANG
08-06-2010, 8:00 AM
Bang Bang = Vee

work in SF as an estimator at a bodyshop

live in El Sobrante / sucky commute on 80 lol

shoot at all the local ranges ..
Richmond rod and gun, Jackson arms, Chabot and sometimes Target Masters

Only been involved recently but I own the following already in this year

CZ P0-1 9mm, S&W MP 15-22 AR, and a Mossberg 500 shotgun which I bought off a local CalGunner recently. saving up for a VZ58 in 5.56 when available.

Soldier415
08-06-2010, 8:11 AM
Dan Caddy
Sonoma County

Firearms/Small Arms Instructor
Explosives & Ordnance Expert
Liver of Steel
Entertainment
Purveyor of Jenkem

osokne
08-06-2010, 5:02 PM
osokne - Paul - Concord, by way of Oregon, Canada, Mozambique & South Africa.

Manufacturers Sales rep, for several Pro Audio & Musical Instrument mfrs.

Very odd, bespeckled history, including church, sound reinforcement, martial arts, edged weapons, firearms and several other controversial things.

Big on gun safety & education, but not certified to teach. Currently trying to make up my mind as to which of the 5 clubs to join, that form USI.

BigDogatPlay
08-07-2010, 4:59 PM
Dan Caddy
Sonoma County

Firearms/Small Arms Instructor
Explosives & Ordnance Expert
Liver of Steel
Entertainment
Purveyor of Jenkem

You forgot man of the world and sweeps out the place at night.... ;)

Soldier415
08-09-2010, 8:10 AM
You forgot man of the world and sweeps out the place at night.... ;)
Well played Sir! :D

best45auto
08-13-2010, 7:50 PM
Transportation Coordinator

Class A Driver

I live in Hayward CA.........

Hard Worker good with people good volunteer

Love all things gun related,always willing to learn

Frosty
08-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Frosty here (Taylor)
South Bay Area

Currently a student of physics, mathematics, and leaning towards engineering. Very interested in firearms design and fabrication.

2Bear
08-17-2010, 2:49 AM
Rob here, a bit late on the check-in...

Enthusiast since my Red Ryder, (actually it was a Benjamin), but the Boy Scouts taught me to shoot, (and smoke and drink).

In SF, used to produce big multinational commercials, now I'll produce/direct/edit anything...

I'll qualify for an AARP card next year, (50), does one get old fogey discounts at Bullseye?

Need to do some varminting up in almond country some day... Bushy-tailed rats!

LILNOVE
08-17-2010, 1:11 PM
my 1st post, so here it goes. BTW great site u guys/gals have here...

LIL NOVE = LIL JOHN, its a login i use on most forums. its actually the plate i had on my 62 Nova, but now its on a 66.

Systems Tech - Data Comm for Att

SF Native for 32yrs

Super Newb to guns, but catching on quikly. currently in the market for SA 1911 BLK SS Target Model. a lil much for my first gun, but i figure if im gonna spend the money, im gonna get what i want.

Hobbies= Muscle cars yr round, 1/8 Scale Buggy & Truggy in the winter & Paintball in the summer, and now looks like shooting when i can.

klausalan
08-17-2010, 1:58 PM
klauslan. San Francisco East Bay Resident.
I grew up in the liberal/anti-gun city of Santa Cruz. I am new to gun ownership and I am very interested in purchasing or building a California legal AR while I still can (i.e before Obama or the UN ban all weapons). I do not know much about rifle or AR assembly so I am here to learn. Cheers to all of you who are practicing the 2nd Amendment.

Steyrlp10
08-18-2010, 3:41 PM
Rob here, a bit late on the check-in...

Enthusiast since my Red Ryder, (actually it was a Benjamin), but the Boy Scouts taught me to shoot, (and smoke and drink).

In SF, used to produce big multinational commercials, now I'll produce/direct/edit anything...

I'll qualify for an AARP card next year, (50), does one get old fogey discounts at Bullseye?

Need to do some varminting up in almond country some day... Bushy-tailed rats!

Please drop BigCaliDave a PM about your experience with commercials. He may be interested in discussing some projects with you, thanks!

Steyrlp10
08-18-2010, 3:46 PM
my 1st post, so here it goes. BTW great site u guys/gals have here...

LIL NOVE = LIL JOHN, its a login i use on most forums. its actually the plate i had on my 62 Nova, but now its on a 66.

Systems Tech - Data Comm for Att

SF Native for 32yrs

Super Newb to guns, but catching on quikly. currently in the market for SA 1911 BLK SS Target Model. a lil much for my first gun, but i figure if im gonna spend the money, im gonna get what i want.

Hobbies= Muscle cars yr round, 1/8 Scale Buggy & Truggy in the winter & Paintball in the summer, and now looks like shooting when i can.

Welcome and have fun! You might be interested in helping out at the Cow Palace in the event that Sheriff Palmer makes it to the event with his Live Scan.

Steyrlp10
08-18-2010, 3:48 PM
klauslan. San Francisco East Bay Resident.
I grew up in the liberal/anti-gun city of Santa Cruz. I am new to gun ownership and I am very interested in purchasing or building a California legal AR while I still can (i.e before Obama or the UN ban all weapons). I do not know much about rifle or AR assembly so I am here to learn. Cheers to all of you who are practicing the 2nd Amendment.

Hi there -- you've come to the right place for suggestions from other Calgunners on your build. Don't forget to use the "search" to help you find all the threads relating to the topic :)

meantime
08-20-2010, 12:32 AM
meantime
Chris DeSalvo
I live spitting distance from the hall of justice in San Francisco

Just came back home after 3 years in Seattle where getting a carry permit took $56 and 15 minutes of my time.

I write software and enjoy pistols, sailing, and rare steaks.

Other than reading everything I can possibly find on 2A issues nationwide and keeping it all collated in my head, I don't know that I have any skills particularly well-suited for helping the cause. But I'm willing to try.

Need someone to be a test case in SF county after we win Sykes?

Steyrlp10
08-20-2010, 4:31 PM
meantime
Chris DeSalvo
I live spitting distance from the hall of justice in San Francisco

Just came back home after 3 years in Seattle where getting a carry permit took $56 and 15 minutes of my time.

I write software and enjoy pistols, sailing, and rare steaks.

Other than reading everything I can possibly find on 2A issues nationwide and keeping it all collated in my head, I don't know that I have any skills particularly well-suited for helping the cause. But I'm willing to try.

Need someone to be a test case in SF county after we win Sykes?

Hello Chris!

Thanks for checking in. If you haven't seen it, maybe you'd be interested in reading the thread about the gun store in SF that they're trying to reopen.

puppy8a9
08-21-2010, 7:05 AM
I do not like to post my name too often or my information, if it becomes a problem I will later remove.

I am the Legislative Liaison for Responsible Citizens of California a CA (http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/) based non-profit related to firearms and right-to-carry issues. I assist to coordinate legislative efforts and tactics and lobby at the state capitol. I compile information and write supporting arguments. I am admin on a couple of open carry groups and related topics.

Primarily before becoming part of the 'gun lobby' I do civil rights, education and disability rights advocacy. I am an advisor on tactics using procedural and policy to attorneys and individuals. I specialize in federal issues related to education hence the federal lobby id#. I have also mediated situations between high authorities and individuals and organizations. I investigate a multitude of issues and have a wide knowledge base.

In sum I am a tactics person who looks out for the public.

A Helmantoler
Concord, CA
mdusd@sbcglobal.net

anttoekneeoh
08-21-2010, 10:25 AM
How's it going everyone.

Anttoekneeoh = Antonio

I'm from Pacifica.

Just because the proud owner of a G17RTF2.

bactrian5
08-24-2010, 3:38 PM
Bactrian5 - Tim
Cowboy action shooting and now looking to build an AR also. Live and work in Oakland and shoot at Chabot. Just beginning to reload.

coma13
08-24-2010, 4:12 PM
coma13 = Eric

Moved to San Rafael a couple of months ago. New shooter. Got a shotgun for home defense after being robbed at gunpoint practically on my doorstep in San Diego, unarmed. Then discovered how incredibly fun shooting is and am now acquiring firearms as fast as my meager paychecks will allow.

Steyrlp10
08-24-2010, 9:27 PM
I do not like to post my name too often or my information, if it becomes a problem I will later remove.

I am the Legislative Liaison for Responsible Citizens of California a CA (http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/) based non-profit related to firearms and right-to-carry issues. I assist to coordinate legislative efforts and tactics and lobby at the state capitol. I compile information and write supporting arguments. I am admin on a couple of open carry groups and related topics.

Primarily before becoming part of the 'gun lobby' I do civil rights, education and disability rights advocacy. I am an advisor on tactics using procedural and policy to attorneys and individuals. I specialize in federal issues related to education hence the federal lobby id#. I have also mediated situations between high authorities and individuals and organizations. I investigate a multitude of issues and have a wide knowledge base.

In sum I am a tactics person who looks out for the public.

A Helmantoler
Concord, CA
mdusd@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for joining CGN. With your background, you may find the 2A Forum of interest.

Steyrlp10
08-24-2010, 9:29 PM
How's it going everyone.

Anttoekneeoh = Antonio

I'm from Pacifica.

Just because the proud owner of a G17RTF2.

Welcome Antonio -- congrats on your purchase!

Steyrlp10
08-24-2010, 9:30 PM
Bactrian5 - Tim
Cowboy action shooting and now looking to build an AR also. Live and work in Oakland and shoot at Chabot. Just beginning to reload.

That's an interesting discipline. So, are you involved with SASS?

When competing at Chabot, I'm on Range 5 (Bullseye Pistol.)

Steyrlp10
08-24-2010, 9:34 PM
coma13 = Eric

Moved to San Rafael a couple of months ago. New shooter. Got a shotgun for home defense after being robbed at gunpoint practically on my doorstep in San Diego, unarmed. Then discovered how incredibly fun shooting is and am now acquiring firearms as fast as my meager paychecks will allow.

Very cool -- I'm always happy to read about another Calgunner adding to his collection :)

I broke in my 870 a couple of weekends ago, shooting steel plates with a few of my GFs at Richmond. It was fun since it was easier to hit something that wasn't whizzing overhead at 50 mph!

It was hysterical trying to see who could get the bragging rights to be called "Sarah Connor" - lol

ThunderBubba
08-31-2010, 12:51 AM
ThunderBubba=Eric

Richmond

mechanic
VW junkey
Heavy lifter
1911 nut.
general nice guy....:D

Steyrlp10
08-31-2010, 10:28 AM
ThunderBubba=Eric

Richmond

mechanic
VW junkey
Heavy lifter
1911 nut.

Welcome Eric, thanks for adding your info to the Roll Call list. It's nice to see you like 1911s too :)

BusBoy
08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
ThunderBubba=Eric

Richmond

mechanic
VW junkey
Heavy lifter
1911 nut.

Hey Another VW Fan! Wooo Hooo

Wherryj
09-01-2010, 1:44 PM
Checking in from Livermore, CA.

j.primo
09-02-2010, 12:24 AM
PRESENT: SJ

PCC
09-05-2010, 9:35 PM
New guy here.

PCC = Peter
San Francisco

I'm what you would call a flashaholic: I collect and modify flashlights
I'm a home machinist hobbyist - I can make one-off small parts out of aluminum
I'm a cyclist when I can find the time to go riding
I'm a desktop support person
I haven't purchased a firearm in over 15 years, but I want to keep what I have now, which is why I'm here
I'm just a guy living in California who owns guns and trying to stay under the radar

Ytisfedup
09-07-2010, 7:58 PM
Hi, new guy here, long time gun enthusiast/owner, starting at age 8. Just getting back into it after years of wait and see with California gun politics. Live in Hayward. I look forward to lots of learning here.:33:

Joe'Bronco
09-09-2010, 7:55 AM
Joe'Bronco = Joel

Dublin/San Ramon
I shoot at the Livermore range (the noisy one with the .45 that throws casings 15ft)

Intrests
Bronco's, long range shooting, Archery (or short range shooting depending on how you look at it) deer, elk and long walks on the beach

I guess im here to become more educated and expand my collection.

Steyrlp10
09-09-2010, 9:21 AM
We're currently looking for help for the Cow Palace show scheduled for November 2010. Please post directly to the Cow Palace thread if you can give Havoc70 a hand -- thanks!

beaster
09-17-2010, 1:48 PM
Cameron
Campbell CA
HVAC Mechanic specializing in BAS (Local 393 Rocks!)

Shot Daisy and Benjamin BB guns as a lad. Bought my first firearm (handgun) as soon as legal (20yrs ago, you do the math).

Interested in reloading for centerfire, rimfire, and shotgun.
Love shooting skeet and trap w/ my Father-n-Law at the Pacifica Rod and Gun Club. Love rifles, want a few more handguns(still only have my 411/.40S&W).

Hard working, would love to volunteer at events to help promote the cause.

Steyrlp10
09-17-2010, 2:00 PM
Cameron
Campbell CA
HVAC Mechanic specializing in BAS (Local 393 Rocks!)

Shot Daisy and Benjamin BB guns as a lad. Bought my first firearm (handgun) as soon as legal (20yrs ago, you do the math).

Interested in reloading for centerfire, rimfire, and shotgun.
Love shooting skeet and trap w/ my Father-n-Law at the Pacifica Rod and Gun Club. Love rifles, want a few more handguns(still only have my 411/.40S&W).

Hard working, would love to volunteer at events to help promote the cause.

Please sign up for the Cow Palace show in November if you can work a shift. The first post on the thread has the schedule -- thanks!

BigDogatPlay
09-17-2010, 2:13 PM

If you ever need non-union voice talent, I'm available. Trying to build a resume.

vladbutsky
09-18-2010, 8:39 PM
Vlad Butsky.
San Jose.
Software Architect.

jwest
09-19-2010, 1:40 AM
John W.
San Jose
Registered Electrical Engineer in California
Reloading
Will volunteer as time permits.

seronian
09-25-2010, 8:08 PM
seronian starting a gun collection at 40

plumber san francisco area.

Maxine
09-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Concord here.....

Lostsheep
10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Lostsheep.....Jon
San Jose
Cnc machinist / mechanical design (engineering lite)

relative newb
here to learn

jeeper,free diver,scuba diver,snowboarder, skateboarder,downhiller, climber,backpacker, ww kayaker, etc...

JonFisherman
10-08-2010, 5:00 AM
Jon

Brentwood

Hello, new to area and to Calguns

I'm navigating the laws and regulations in order to build California legal AR. This site is the most helpful. Thanks guys.

Enjoy the camraderie of fellow enthusiasts and am usually downrange.

Roc-A-Fella_1
10-09-2010, 5:52 PM
Accidentally posted in the Northern California Community Chapter thread.

From Castro Valley. Second post of many to come hopefully.

Gryff
10-09-2010, 8:23 PM
Accidentally posted in the Northern California Community Chapter thread.

From Castro Valley. Second post of many to come hopefully.

A fellow Castro Valley person. :thumbsup:

blakdawg
10-09-2010, 9:55 PM
blakdawg = Greg
San Jose

work - attorney (tax [GGU LLM], trust, probate, financial elder abuse)
fun - reading (nonfiction - history/law/strategy, mostly), guns, photography, dogs

misc skills - unix sysadmin, pc hardware, both 20+ years

lately have been self-educating/experimenting with video surveillance & burglar/fire alarm systems. previous passing obsession was VoIP.

my wife thinks I have too many safes. I'm not sure she even knows about all of them. ;)

democrats don't like me because I think guns should be (mostly) unregulated and republicans don't like me because I think drugs and abortions should be (mostly) unregulated.

I'm a California native but I think all the time about leaving because we have crappy freedom (especially re firearms & CCW), high taxes, and stupid laws.

I own/enjoy a bunch of different guns - 1911's, Glocks, S&W revolvers, AR's, and a couple of 12 ga defense-configured shotguns.The nicest handgun I've ever fired was a friend's Wilson Combat custom 1911; but when things get weird, I get one of the Glocks out of the safe. My AR's are registered AW's from before the cutoff - would like to put together an OLL black rifle to play with, the AR's mostly live in the safe now because if anything happens to them, I can't get more. have been meaning to get involved with GSSF.

I go to meetings of GS2AC (http://www.gs2ac.com/) as time permits - they seem like good folks.

IntoForever
10-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Sean
Los Angeles area
I do mold inspections and home inspections. Used to weld at a machine shop, restored and fully modified cars, automated entry systems, wrought iron fences, construction... You get the point, I love building Sh... stuff.
VW nut (I have a '56 ragtop I restored)
Motorcycles (the crotch rocket type like my SVs 1000)
waiting on my AR to get out of gun jail so I can build it. Been shooting for 30 of my 38 years. I'd be happy to assist Calguns at a show if I have time.

Edit: I'm also a Pro. Photographer specializing in Concerts, nature, exotic animals and low light events without using flash.

Roc-A-Fella_1
10-10-2010, 4:57 PM
A fellow Castro Valley person. :thumbsup:

Nothing like having Chabot a short, exhilarating drive away.;)

BayAreaShooter
10-10-2010, 7:52 PM
Welcome new Calgunners.

Gryff
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Nothing like having Chabot a short, exhilarating drive away.;)

Yeah, that was a happy thing before politics drove IDPA out of the club. Now I have to drive 35 minutes to get to my "home" club.

ricochet
10-13-2010, 5:27 PM
Ricochet - San Jose

Purty good w/them fancy calculator machines; o yea, computers

Part time off-roader (mostly highway shoulder).

Member Fiat America. I used to use the rear trunk of the X 1/9 (large glove compartment) as a gun safe when vehicle was stored in garage :-)

Single, movies & shooting (o, wrong forum) ...

Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/HistoricRegionMap.jpg

Dr.Mauser
10-14-2010, 5:47 PM
Modesto here checking in, wanna help in ANY way I can please let me know.

Steyrlp10
10-14-2010, 5:54 PM
Modesto here checking in, wanna help in ANY way I can please let me know.

Welcome aboard! We're currently trying to get enough volunteers at the Cow Palace to help Sheriff Palmer. Please check the gun show thread if you're available, thanks!

MadMattJay
10-15-2010, 1:49 PM
"Mad" Matt "J" , Concord. Willing to lend a hand. Just give me a head's up.
I was the first kid on my block to own an AK 47.
Before the "boyz in da hood" made it a fashion statement, back when you could walk in to a gun show, drop your $$$, walk out with an AK, 3 30 rnd mags, a case of ammo and no questions, no hassles, no paper work.
How I miss the miss spent days of my youth !:D
Professional Jack of All Trades

Punisher219
10-16-2010, 3:58 PM
Campbell, checking in.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a 45 ACP. So far every where I go they do not have a good selection. I won't buy nothing I can't touch. Thanks!

ricochet
10-16-2010, 5:49 PM
Forget the name of the place; camo building on N side of Camden; W of Bascom. Haven't bought anything there but went there once, met the owner and judging by how nice he was and the amount of traffic in the store, I'd say they would be good. There's Reed' in Santa Clara and I've heard good things about Irvington Arms in Fremont.

Good luck ...

Campbell, checking in.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a 45 ACP. So far every where I go they do not have a good selection. I won't buy nothing I can't touch. Thanks!

Punisher219
10-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Forget the name of the place; camo building on N side of Camden; W of Bascom. Haven't bought anything there but went there once, met the owner and judging by how nice he was and the amount of traffic in the store, I'd say they would be good. There's Reed' in Santa Clara and I've heard good things about Irvington Arms in Fremont.

Good luck ...

I believe that place is called The Sportsman. I've been there, nice people, real busy at times. I've been to Reeds as well, great place. Haven't hear of Irvington Arms. I'll check them out. Thanks!

Lufty
10-20-2010, 1:21 PM
Hail and well met,

I am in SF, armed, and often shoot at Circle S in Petaluma, and do my FFL stuff with Gunshack at Independence Armory (http://www.independencearmory.com).

I'm open to Bay Area events, hanging out, range days, etc.

Lufty

BayAreaShooter
10-20-2010, 1:34 PM
Hail and well met,

I am in SF, armed, and often shoot at Circle S in Petaluma, and do my FFL stuff with Gunshack at Independence Armory (http://www.independencearmory.com).

I'm open to Bay Area events, hanging out, range days, etc.

Lufty

Welcome to the forum

thedrse
10-21-2010, 8:02 PM
Sage - Napa

Pretty new here... I've just been educating myself and becoming familiar with the assinine laws here in the PRK.

US Army MP reservist, private armed/unarmed security officer, CCW holder, and professional loudmouth/B.S.er.

I'm 29, been shooting as long as I remember. I used to be a simple sport shooter, but the M4's I used in the service have lately become an all-encompassing obsession.

I am 2 days away from picking up my first AR OLL (calguns edition!), and I'm sure it won't be my last. I'd love to help out in any way I can, but working the graveyard shift limits my ability to be helpful during daylight hours.

ricochet
10-21-2010, 8:11 PM
I'd love to help out in any way I can, but working the graveyard shift limits my ability to be helpful during daylight hours.

Members don't sleep you'll work out.

Come to the Cow Palace gun show in Nov. and come by the table.

thedrse
10-21-2010, 8:18 PM
Members don't sleep you'll work out.

You sound like my squad leader! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure I can suck it up, lose a couple hours sleep and make it down there, if only just to stop by and B.S.

jorgyusa
10-26-2010, 2:25 PM
Resident Unincorporated Santa Cruz County
Secretary GS2AC
Silicon Valley Engineer for nearly 40 years

"A right delayed is a right denied" MLKj

freonr22
10-26-2010, 2:29 PM
Golden State 2nd Amendment Council

http://www.gs2ac.com/

Welcome!!

510hunter
10-27-2010, 1:52 AM
San Leandro here, young, and new to shooting, mostly go up to chabot gun club now days, maybe Ive seen some of you there.

BearArms
10-27-2010, 8:33 PM
Mountain View is my hometown, currently living in SF finishing up my Criminal Justice degree and then applying to PD's. Picking up my first gun on Friday but have previously shot before. Registered here to become more educated on handguns, gun laws and eventually I plan to dive into the AR world as well.

SeaDooRider68
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
SeaDooRider68 = Scott
Sig Fanatic

East Bay - Livermore

Work in the Computer field.

steelcore
11-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Daren checking in, living in Redwood City

Did my 4 for the Corps (2001-2005), and recently started punching paper with a basic 700P to get back that lovin feeling. Turning wrenches on cars for now, trying to change fields... possibly federal law.

Weekends I can be found running SF Region SCCA autocrosses, sometimes at the 100yd Los Altos R&GC lanes, and other times I'm hibernating.

My collection consists of a Rem 700P in .308, Yugo M24/47 in 8mm, Winchester 94 lever action in 30-30, and Ruger (new model) Blackhawk single action revolver in .357

Referred by a friend. Casually looking for a USP 45 for the home.

2Cute2Shoot
11-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm here! :)

Steyrlp10
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Daren checking in, living in Redwood City

Did my 4 for the Corps (2001-2005), and recently started punching paper with a basic 700P to get back that lovin feeling. Turning wrenches on cars for now, trying to change fields... possibly federal law.

Weekends I can be found running SF Region SCCA autocrosses, sometimes at the 100yd Los Altos R&GC lanes, and other times I'm hibernating.

My collection consists of a Rem 700P in .308, Yugo M24/47 in 8mm, Winchester 94 lever action in 30-30, and Ruger (new model) Blackhawk single action revolver in .357

Referred by a friend. Casually looking for a USP 45 for the home.

Thank you for your service. Drop by Coyote Point this Sunday for some of my fried won tons :)

Steyrlp10
11-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm here! :)

Good to see you, GF. When you're done touring all those foreign countries, remember to drop by and visit me at the Calguns booth ;)

steelcore
11-19-2010, 4:06 PM
Thank you for your service. Drop by Coyote Point this Sunday for some of my fried won tons :)

Your appreciation is appreciated. Unfortunately I'll probably be at Oakland Coliseum most of the day for slush series autocross. Another time!

31BDeadEye
11-26-2010, 5:30 PM
Mike dropping by....Martinez

Army Tanker and now Reserve MP along with the civilian counterpart.

Was a naturally good shot from a young age and still enjoy hitting the range.

Hello to all and I have a ton of reading ahead of me...

This was my first post BTW ;)

Barrelmon
11-29-2010, 1:02 PM
Barrelmon Checking in from the South Coast - Goleta - Santa Barbara

Hunting Quail, Dove, Squirrels, yotes, pig, Turkey (any ranchers wanna take me on there property?)
NRA
Dirtbike
Surfing
Fishing
Shooting

My trade is Film Production/Photography. I make Mini-Documentaries, Commercials, Music Videos.

Let's make some Pro-Gun Propaganda!

Ranger Jim
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Ranger Jim
Santa Rosa
I'm a Coastal Ranger out in Marin County, I know what a Limpet is !

brikthomas
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM
brikthomas
XD 40, Mosin Nagant owner
Eagle Scout, Business Professional (CRE), RC planes/helicopters, SCUBA, rockclimbing, running (half marathons) and.... GUNS!
Hope to join a local gun club and compete in pistol and rifle shooting
On and off experience with firearms throughout my life although now just getting serious about it (and its fun...)
Berkeley, CA (don't worry I am not what you would expect from most Berkeleyites... originally from Socal, but enjoy Norcal immensely)

Rscan925
12-07-2010, 1:56 AM
rscan = Richard Scannell

Antioch,ca , SF east bay area

Full time student- major in criminal justice/ business, applying for future LEO

Work- Part time clerk at Savemart

love my bike (kawasaki 636). you got a question about a sport bike and i can get you an answer. also big on MMA as a practice jiu jitsu/ muy thai. my biggest passion is teaching self defense with and without a firearm.

zfields
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I found out I live to far south to be accepted into the northern CA chapter.

Zac here
Might know some of you already who shoot in richmond

xd 45 and AK owner
Reloader and general tinker'er

Enjoying my last 6 months or so in CA before transfering to TX for school.

Downrange58
12-10-2010, 8:17 AM
brikthomas
XD 40, Mosin Nagant owner
Eagle Scout, Business Professional (CRE), RC planes/helicopters, SCUBA, rockclimbing, running (half marathons) and.... GUNS!
Hope to join a local gun club and compete in pistol and rifle shooting
On and off experience with firearms throughout my life although now just getting serious about it (and its fun...)
Berkeley, CA (don't worry I am not what you would expect from most Berkeleyites... originally from Socal, but enjoy Norcal immensely)

Hi Thomas! If you don't know about these two clubs below, check them out.
Both clubs are very friendly to Competition Newbs and they would love to have you check them out. My 13 year old son and I started shooting with the Solano Club last Jan. and they have been very welcoming. Richmond is friendly but very serious.

My son and I are shooting this Sunday up with Solano, come check it out if you have time.... Welcome also! Kent 707 332-5563

http://www.richmondhotshots.com/
http://www.actionpistol.org/target/target.htm

Downrange58
12-10-2010, 8:21 AM
Downrange58=Kent
Napa
In the wine biz and my son and I shoot with the Solano Target Masters USPSA down in Yolo County and sometimes Richmond.

Downrange58
12-10-2010, 8:33 AM
Welcome Brian -- I work in St. Helena and probably pass you on the road :)

Hi Liz and Brian, I probably pass you both as I am driving luxury wine tours around the valley....:) Happy Holidays to you both! Kent

Downrange58
12-10-2010, 9:07 AM
David
Active from Walnut Creek to San Ramon
I target shoot pistols and rifles, used to do Tactical Handgun matches at Chabot, and occasionally shoot Sporting Clays and Trap.
My background is as an Automotive Service Consultant/Assistant Service Manager for luxury vehicle dealerships.
Hobbies include playing pickup Basketball, track days (cars), vintage R/C cars and trucks, shooting, and reading.

I'm a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

I'm currently available to volunteer to help Calguns in any way I can. I'm good with computers (word processing, web use, desktop publishing, etc.), and I enjoy talking to and working with people.

I would like to see the CRPA and the NRA improve the process of putting together better/more accurate voting information (ratings on candidates, etc.) as quickly as possible, prior to elections, so that we can strengthen the votes for our cause.

I'm also a little frustrated with the NRA ILA because the EVC (Election Volunteer Coordinator) for my region is vacant.

David, I love the quote at the end about Ernest Evans! I wish every American knew about Taffy 3.... One of the most heroic acts ever! Happy Holidays! Kent

sindominator
12-12-2010, 5:04 PM
SINDOMINATOR
New to Tracy, CA. (where can i go shooting?)
Field Engineer a.k.a. the road warrior for Alter-G inc.

I go ape 5h1t for (in random):

Sharks Hockey
Guns & Ammo
Friends & Family
my 2 malamutes
American Muscle Cars
hunting & outdoors
Computers & electronics
semi handy man =)
Audio Video savy
quick learner
building guns from kits
Fixing just about anything
bonita seņoritas

CALI SHOT DOC
12-13-2010, 7:32 PM
Patrick
Richmond
I primarily shoot and compete IPSC at Richmond Rod and Gun. Going to school currently to one day become a cardiac surgeon. Getting really close to buying a reloader to start making my own rounds.

Steyrlp10
12-14-2010, 5:42 AM
Hi Liz and Brian, I probably pass you both as I am driving luxury wine tours around the valley....:) Happy Holidays to you both! Kent

Ah hah! Well, if you see the Calguns sticker in front of you with the .45 hitch cover, please don't tailgate me :)

Kent, you stay safe and have a great time with your family too!

grunt91
12-14-2010, 6:04 AM
grunt91... david abernathy
born texas but stationed in 29 palms california
am full bred infantry in usmc
plays with fire and puts it out(firefighter)
gun enthusiast from heck...
making a pop with a stag arms magpuled out
am good at anything a grunt knows how to do (run shoot swim navigate lol)
lookin to find out more about CA handgun laws
can help with just aboutanything
100% texan but am willing to help out the neighbors (i hated spelling...)
anything you need i can probly find
anything you want to know i can probly find out
what i got is what you need what you got is what i want
god bless texas and god bless america
if you dont like this country i will gladly help you pack your stuff
... just a couple thoughts...

grunt91
12-14-2010, 6:14 AM
oh forgot 2 big parts of my life some how also...

love muddin/offroadin (not along the hwy shoulder lol)

and

paintball... been all over this country playin,played since 2001 just fyi oh and im lookingfor a southern california militia to help out with around san bernadino to 29 palms and past there towards arizona

Ruin
12-14-2010, 8:01 AM
Here from the Oakland/Brekeley.

csshih
12-15-2010, 12:29 AM
csshih
Craig
San Jose

appreciator of fine knives and gear.

kyle_e
12-15-2010, 3:41 PM
Thought I'd check in. Born and raised in the bay area. Currently live in Concord and work in Hayward as a Systems Administrator. Picking up my first pistol (Glock 19) on Saturday. Have a few weapons and plan to get more.

burntramen
12-16-2010, 4:03 PM
I didn't grow up with firearms but now I'm making up for lost time (and fun).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfYulu1-JfU

jm13690
12-18-2010, 8:49 PM
Newbie here. Just picked up my lower receiver today.

tilemantony
12-20-2010, 8:22 PM
tilemantony = Tony Prudencio

tile contractor

love my family the outdoors, guns, and my rights as a citizen

MDub
12-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Senior at Stanford U here, but born and raised in the 408. Dad's a sporting clays instructor, uncle is LAPD, other uncle owned a gun range. I think I learned the 4 Rules before I learned my ABCs. So far I've picked up a P226, an AR, and split an M1A.

Hans_Gruber
12-23-2010, 4:29 PM
Dana
Concord, Ca.
Paramedic and EHS team lead for Petrochemical Contractors.

Dubbya
12-23-2010, 4:47 PM
New member and new to the SF bay area. Industrial Designer proficient in CAD modeling. Firearms enthusiast from the Midwest.

I'm anxious to get involved in any Calguns sponsored events that promote gun rights/awareness.

smokinstang65
12-24-2010, 8:14 AM

San Jose/Campbell Area

Been shooting for a long time, but just not often enough. I used to teach .30-06 reloading and shooting for the BSA in Northern New Mexico. Now I'm in the Navy and waiting for my OCS class to start in ... about 30 days.

Currently Own: Mosin Nagant M91, Mossberg 500, Ruger GP100 6" SS

415shooter
12-24-2010, 8:26 AM
welcome to the Bay area all you new folks

nitewing117
12-24-2010, 7:53 PM
nitewing117
Glenn
Santa Clara, CA

Been around guns all my life and I have finally purchased one for myself.

Adeodatus
12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Adeodatus
Aaron
Mountain View

I work in a plant shop.
I reload 40s&w, 357mag, .218 bee
In college considering a career as a LEO

clhking
12-27-2010, 11:58 AM
clhking

Chris

San Francisco

415shooter
12-27-2010, 9:04 PM
welcome guys!

Zartan
12-29-2010, 2:02 PM
MHShooter
Mike, currently in Dublin, moving to Mountain House in Feb.

Aerospace Machinist.
Always loved guns, finally bought an XD.45 and workin' on a Saiga-12 to bring in the New Year.

Guns are a healthy addiction!:43:

Downrange58
01-01-2011, 6:52 PM
Ah hah! Well, if you see the Calguns sticker in front of you with the .45 hitch cover, please don't tailgate me :)

Kent, you stay safe and have a great time with your family too!

I will certainly keep an eye out for you......LOL:chris:

Swiftyjuan
01-01-2011, 8:11 PM
John here, Madera, just north of Fresno. I saw no other Fresno area folks on this thread so far, so I guess I will be the first. I just retired from the county, and will help in any way.

Jbox818
01-02-2011, 12:25 PM
jbox818:
Jordan Box
Santa Rosa
Senior foreman for a mechanical contracting company since i was 18
after 5 years i know that there is something better for me so i quit and i am
currently looking for whats next.

Just bought an FNP-40, had a colt 1911 in .38super, Remington 700 in .300 ultra mag
also in the "used to have category" a browning BAR in 7mm rem mag, enfield mk4, arisaka type 99, S&W 38
and my collection now, ithaca M37 12ga, Kel-tec SU-16A and
a remington model 8 made in 1911 chambered in 300 savage (thanks to grandpa)

I love guns the design mechanics looks and functions, wish i could have worked for Mr Browning himself.

Vudhu
01-04-2011, 8:56 AM
Vudhu - Dan

Cupertino, CA.

27 year old student - 3D Animation and Graphic Design.

Been around and used guns most of my life. As of a few years ago, started a collection of my own. Also, becoming very interested in hunting California, as it is much different than what I was used to in Illinois.

hk91666
01-07-2011, 5:45 PM
Frank - Moving into Dixon from West Sac beginning of February.
Member of Yolo Sportsman Range currently.
Telecom Engineer at UCDavis

EmmaGoldman
01-20-2011, 4:29 PM
Oakland

Mechanic, machinist, jeweler, sculptor, welder, blacksmith, stuff maker, blah blah blah... Extensive experience in laboratory management/design and grassroots social justice organizing.

Good for help with solutions to most mechanical problems, lots of handloading and obscure firearms mechanical knowledge (especially late 19th/early 20th century stuff).

Always happy to give advice. Almost never have time to help.

Occasionally compulsive know-it-all, but only when I actually know it all.

REDPATCHUSMC
01-27-2011, 2:03 PM
Paul

The "FNG" from Rohnert Park CA.

winedoc
01-27-2011, 2:16 PM
winedoc
Kevin, Novato
Physician
I have a few guns and waiting to pick up HK 45 Elite next week. Still consider myself a newb

Other addictions: wines, fountain pens and fine watches

Gryff
01-27-2011, 2:26 PM
Other addictions...fountain pens

Excellent! I collect and deal in pre-1960 German fountain pens. Do you collect new or old pens?

http://www.vintagemontblanc.com/images/pens/320.jpg

winedoc
01-27-2011, 2:52 PM
Hi Gryff,

Good to know that some of us have other interest besides guns ;-)

I mainly collect and deal with Japanese maki-e pens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Watches/IMG_0522.jpg

Kevin

Gryff
01-27-2011, 3:14 PM
I mainly collect and deal with Japanese maki-e pens

Ouch! Some of the ones from the 1930s have broken $100K in sales price. A modern Nakaya Kuro-tamenuri (http://www.nakaya.org/standard/ewriter.html) is on my wish list. I love the thought that the pen's lacquer will change color over time.

winedoc
01-27-2011, 3:38 PM
Ouch! Some of the ones from the 1930s have broken $100K in sales price. A modern Nakaya Kuro-tamenuri (http://www.nakaya.org/standard/ewriter.html) is on my wish list. I love the thought that the pen's lacquer will change color over time.

Yes, you are right. This hobby can get pricey really quick. Not by Nakaya, but I have pens in different tamenuri colors: Kuro, Aka, Shiro and Murasaki etc. Too many hobbies, not enough dough. LOL.

Kevin

Steyrlp10
01-27-2011, 3:41 PM
Nice pens, Gents... and some people complain about high-end 1911s on here??? :)

winedoc
01-27-2011, 6:59 PM
Nice pens, Gents... and some people complain about high-end 1911s on here??? :)

I don't live in Solano County, but do work in Solano County. Hope to meet up with more members soon.

Kevin

BigDogatPlay
01-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Paul

The "FNG" from Rohnert Park CA.

Welcome aboard from Petaluma....

Steyrlp10
01-28-2011, 5:45 AM

I don't live in Solano County, but do work in Solano County. Hope to meet up with more members soon.

Kevin

Nice to meet you, Kevin. I'm the opposite -- live in Solano County but work in Napa County :)

There's a few of us, including BigDogatPlay, who will be at the Vallejo Gun Show in roughly two weeks if you're in our neck of the woods. Drop by and give us a howdy!

Liz

winedoc
01-28-2011, 7:17 AM
Will do just that Liz if schedule permits... you know... life with kids and stuff :-)

To BigDogatPlay, I see that you are in Petaluma, what do you think of the Sportsman's Arms and the Independence Armory? I am in Novato, and yet to visit them, so would appreciate your input. TIA.

Kevin

Weavo
01-30-2011, 7:57 PM
Hey Guys,
Long time lurker.... figured now is as good a time as any to start getting more active in the community!

screen name: Weavo
Name: Jason
Mechanical Engineer

Hobbies: Cars, shooting.

Thinking of getting into re-loading as I'm burning ammo faster than I can buy it... :)

A BIG THANKs to all those that make CA a little more fun to live in! Seriously...you all have my utmost admiration!

E81
01-31-2011, 2:59 PM
Erick R
Live in Pitts 925, work in Newark 510, and originally from Hollyhood
NTWK ENGR

anything fun, cars, guns, family, cool and interesting people, advice, clever thinking in sticky situations...

chris12
01-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Chris H
San Jose
Network Engineer

odysseus
02-01-2011, 12:35 AM
winedoc
Kevin, Novato
Physician
I have a few guns and waiting to pick up HK 45 Elite next week. Still consider myself a newb

Other addictions: wines, fountain pens and fine watches

Marin County represent. There are a few of us on here.

BigDogatPlay
02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Will do just that Liz if schedule permits... you know... life with kids and stuff :-)

To BigDogatPlay, I see that you are in Petaluma, what do you think of the Sportsman's Arms and the Independence Armory? I am in Novato, and yet to visit them, so would appreciate your input. TIA.

Kevin

Gabe at Sportsman's is a great guy. Black rifle friendly and he usually always has some very nice items in consignment. I've done a bunch of business with him, will be doing more fairly soon, and recommend him highly. He posts here on CGN occasionally. As an aside, since his shop is on the way to Circle S.... if you pop into the grocery / bait / tackle shop next door, they sell Load-X ammo retail, which is made in Santa Rosa and is good stuff. When I can't make time to get up to Load-X and buy direct, I've bought it there.

Wael at Independence Armory... nails. I DROSed my OLL with Wael when he was still home based. He is very easy to work with, very evil black gun friendly and very customer oriented. I am going to use him for a bit of gunsmithing / parkerizing if I can get around to getting all my parts pulled together and over to him.

winedoc
02-01-2011, 3:24 PM
Gabe at Sportsman's is a great guy. Black rifle friendly and he usually always has some very nice items in consignment. I've done a bunch of business with him, will be doing more fairly soon, and recommend him highly. He posts here on CGN occasionally. As an aside, since his shop is on the way to Circle S.... if you pop into the grocery / bait / tackle shop next door, they sell Load-X ammo retail, which is made in Santa Rosa and is good stuff. When I can't make time to get up to Load-X and buy direct, I've bought it there.

Wael at Independence Armory... nails. I DROSed my OLL with Wael when he was still home based. He is very easy to work with, very evil black gun friendly and very customer oriented. I am going to use him for a bit of gunsmithing / parkerizing if I can get around to getting all my parts pulled together and over to him.

Really appreciate your views on these two vendors. It's good to know that I have choices so close to my home. Will be paying both of them a visit soon. Thanks again.

yournewmom
02-02-2011, 10:13 AM
yournewmom = doug
san francisco
newbie (pick up my first pistol on saturday)- so not sure what i can do to help.
in the animation field..

qtrxist
02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
qtrxist= Reece D
Pharmacist

San Jose/Campbell
I mainly do practical shooting. I used to shoot a CZ 75b SA, that was my first gun, later sold it. I now shoot a custom 1911, 2011 platform actually. Limcat in open division.

I reload 40 S&W when i was shooting limited division, now i reload 9mm Major (basically its a double charged 9mm), and 9mm minor (for production division).

I picked up reloading first before shooting, because a year or so ago there was no ammo, heck reloading supply was scarce then.

I dont own yet a rifle, or never owned one. Probably ill buy a single stack prior to getting one.

7222 Hawker
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Hawker 2222. I chase bad people. Happy to be one of the good guys.

Dannicus
02-04-2011, 3:17 PM
Dannicus
Vallejo
USN Vet
Handy with a wrench. Have maintained and modded my own cars and motos for years.
Broke-***, full time engineering student

Rob#2
02-05-2011, 8:44 PM
Rob
Santa Rosa
Electro-Optical technician
Gadgets, guns, cars

Laura
02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Laura
Manage an auto repair shop in SF East bay
Shootin' a Kimber ProCarry II 45acp and a Beretta 92sb compact type M every chance I get.

Bedpan Bandit
02-06-2011, 8:51 PM
Arnold

Manager
Oncology Unit
San Francisco General Hospital

Ground Zero for future zombie crisis/outbreak...

Glock .40SF
02-12-2011, 2:53 PM
Glock 40SF - Hillsborough

Ism415
02-13-2011, 9:38 AM
North bay
marin
My names andy
what can i do to help

For bay area cal gunners only I have free 55gal plastic drums

Pm me for info

MrExel17
02-13-2011, 10:10 PM
MrExel17 = Matt
Daly City, Ca
Beginner and excited to learn everything and anything to do with firearms

Enik
02-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Checking in from San Mateo! I've been lurking on calguns for a while and learned a lot from all the helpful folks and hopefully can return the favor. I'm a happy owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 full size. I'm hoping to get an AK-type rifle some time soon.

kidkaroke
02-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Redwood City, where our motto is "Climate Best By Government Test."
kidkaraoke = Eric
My Wife and I recently got back into the shooting sports, and we just welcomed a new arrival at our home, a new Chinese SKS. It joins a Sig Sauer 522, a Kel Tec Sub2000 in .40S&W, and a Springfield Armory XD40 Service Model.
Looking to assemble my own AR15/M4gery soon, from misc parts found on the the net...

JJ1911
02-21-2011, 2:51 AM
Hi folks
My names Justin and I've lived in San Francisco Bay Area my whole life.
I'm a 26 year old social worker, been shooting for about 3 years.

I own 2 pump shotguns (1 mossberg 1 remington), 2 1911s( springfield, colt), glock 19, saiga 7.62 and an AR15.

My favorite guns to shoot are my long arms, but I've been trying to get into pistol more. When I'm not shooting I'm getting ready to shoot!

xopresents
02-21-2011, 9:07 AM
Ronald, born in the Bronx of New York but raised in America's Finest City, San Diego California. Educated from California State University Fullerton, a business professional working in the Insurance World as well a principal at The XO Signature Experience, a marketing/consulting/ branding firm that specializes in charity events, restaurant grand openings and movie premiers based in California. Guns and aquariums, good times for good causes. www.thexocompany.com

uspastime
02-22-2011, 7:17 PM
Bob here, lived in the SF Bay Area my whole life as well but now live in Santa Cruz County (land of the hippies).
Sig P220 .45, P226 9mm, P239 9mm for (out of state and licensed) conceal carry.
I'd help where and whenever I could.

no7vice
02-28-2011, 5:21 PM
no7vice
Ben= Foster City
Prior Marine Corps Infantry

Rob7.62
03-01-2011, 6:17 AM
Rob7.62 = robert
Automotive parts counterman
Location= Menifee
Age=28

Been shooting for a few years happy to see others are as passionate about guns as I am.Guns owned in order of purchase Mosin Nagant 91/30, NEF pardener pump, Hi-Point C9 (no jams), Saiga 7.62X39.

335icell
03-02-2011, 6:10 PM
335icell here from San Fracisco; new to the forum. Hello everyone

eddydb
03-02-2011, 9:48 PM
Name: Ed
Loc: SF Peninsula.....not too far from the airport.
Job: LEO

I have owned guns for 19 years, and mostly just shot for work training purposes. Now I have discovered that pleasure shooting is a lot more fun! I am a very average shooter, but hoping with some practice to enter some competitions. I may also check out the league at Reeds. Any other leagues in the area?

My guns: Ruger LCP, Mark III, 10-22
Sig P220, P226, P230

Dreaded Claymore
03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Name: Chase
Currently unemployed
I'm very computer literate, and have some experience with GIS (two classes in college). I'm also very comfortable with tools, construction, and woodworking. And if you need anyone to ride a bicycle short or medium distances, I can do that too.

rameus
03-07-2011, 3:09 PM
rameus

Name: Steve
Loc: Contra Costa
Started my collection in '86.
I build broadband networks.

frankiejoe577
03-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Marin County
Fighting the crime...
G19, G23, Remington 870, S&W M&P15, SKS, Winchester .22L Rifle ect...

deutschman
03-09-2011, 5:27 PM
Hi guys. Newish member here.

I tried to start a new thread about this but Calguns would not let me...
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I did not know where ells to put this.
It seams the FFL section has not been active sins some time in 2010.

My brother and I are trying to locate a good FFL to transfer a AK from Atlantic Firearms.
We called City Arms, but they said they could not/would not do it. The guy who picked up the phone at City Arms (strong eastern european accent!) seamed like he had no idea what he was talking about when I told him what I was wanting to do. I spent about 5 minutes trying to explain to him what I was trying to do and he was clueless.
This was weird because Atlantic Firearms has them listed on their site as a FFL.
Next we will try Bullseye in San Rafael.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

thorsmith59
03-09-2011, 6:44 PM
Ken in Vallejo(since 1986).
USN vet.
40+ years as a shooter/hunter/reloader.
Work in Benicia.
Love my Harley.
Would like to get more involved in Calguns activities.

2Bear
03-09-2011, 6:44 PM
Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

The retailers pretty much all have their own forums here. Perhaps ask there.

Bullseye forum is here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=131

scld1354
03-09-2011, 7:52 PM
Posted in wrong section. Sorry...

rrr70
03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi guys. Newish member here.

I tried to start a new thread about this but Calguns would not let me...
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I did not know where ells to put this.
It seams the FFL section has not been active sins some time in 2010.

My brother and I are trying to locate a good FFL to transfer a AK from Atlantic Firearms.
We called City Arms, but they said they could not/would not do it. The guy who picked up the phone at City Arms (strong eastern european accent!) seamed like he had no idea what he was talking about when I told him what I was wanting to do. I spent about 5 minutes trying to explain to him what I was trying to do and he was clueless.
This was weird because Atlantic Firearms has them listed on their site as a FFL.
Next we will try Bullseye in San Rafael.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

So, what made you upset? That store refused to do out of state transfer? You know that they don't have to do that, right? Did you call them and ask if they willing to do transfer, or did you call and told them that you buying z gun from AF and will be sending it to City Arms?

deutschman
03-12-2011, 4:27 PM
The retailers pretty much all have their own forums here. Perhaps ask there.

Bullseye forum is here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=131
Thanks for the tip! Sadly they are closed this weekend for a Living Social event.

So, what made you upset? That store refused to do out of state transfer? You know that they don't have to do that, right? Did you call them and ask if they willing to do transfer, or did you call and told them that you buying z gun from AF and will be sending it to City Arms?
Wow. My English is bad, but yours is something ells. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
I know they do not need to do out of state transfers. I was just not happy with how he spoke to me and the explanation I got. They are listed on Atlantic Firearm's web site as a FFL that they have worked with before. It did not make sens to me, and looks bad for them if they are listed as a FFL that will do transfers for Atlantic Firearms when they really don't.

Gryff
03-12-2011, 4:49 PM

Try Tabors in San Bruno [(650) 589-0505] or Irvington Arms across the bay in Fremont [(510) 226-7910]. You'll probably have better luck with Irvington Arms, but it is also a farther drive.

rrr70
03-12-2011, 5:45 PM
Wow. My English is bad, but yours is something ells. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
:oops:
It did not make sens to me

I think my English is a bit better than yours.:thumbsup:

I was just not happy with how he spoke to me and the explanation I got.

You should totally call them and demand an apology!:punk::rofl2:

BobbyZ
03-20-2011, 3:24 PM
Bobby here in San Jose. I like to hunt with archery equipment but i'm here to learn some about guns. Like to shoot ducks but i'm not proficient in CA laws and the mechanics of guns. Some great introductory material on the OLLs. Great forum so far.

rckjeep
03-22-2011, 2:50 PM
RoCKJEEP - Dave
San Jose
Stay at home dad, working to become an LEO. If they ever hire again.
metal fabrication, graphic design, RC 4x4's, bicycle mechanic, I can do almost anything. Let me know if I can help

I've been shooting off and on for almost 15 years. Pistols, rifles, shotguns and archery. Flinging projectiles is just fun.

Window_Seat
03-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I see that there isn't a topic for the S.F. Cow Palace gunshow in April, and wonder if there will be a booth?

If so, I would like to volunteer in the afternoon.

Erik.

BigDogatPlay
03-26-2011, 7:28 AM
I see that there isn't a topic for the S.F. Cow Palace gunshow in April, and wonder if there will be a booth?

Erik.

Drop a PM to bplvr. Not all the shows get a booth, but most do.

Steyrlp10
03-26-2011, 7:08 PM

Erik.

PM sent, thanks!

Steyrlp10
03-26-2011, 7:09 PM
Drop a PM to bplvr. Not all the shows get a booth, but most do.

Thanks BigDog -- ditto the advice :)

emazingli
03-27-2011, 7:31 PM
What is the interesting place or ambiance in south east valley?

OutkastSL
03-28-2011, 9:50 AM
Just checking in. I'm a gun noob and am purchasing my first handgun today through a PPT. If things goes as planned I'll have a Springfield 1911 Loaded with some minor upgrades. I'm from Dublin.

Steyrlp10
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Just checking in. I'm a gun noob and am purchasing my first handgun today through a PPT. If things goes as planned I'll have a Springfield 1911 Loaded with some minor upgrades. I'm from Dublin.

Welcome and congrats on the new 1911 :)

Steyrlp10
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
What is the interesting place or ambiance in south east valley?

Was this question for me or another Calgunner?

OutkastSL
03-29-2011, 8:15 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new 1911 :)

Thanks I did end up doing the PPT transfer on a Springfield 1911 Loaded with Ed Brown Trigger and new colt sear with a trigger job. 10 day DROS started yesterday but it turns out to be 14 days of hell because i'll be out of town in Denver on the tenth day. :mad:

SAUCE
04-05-2011, 9:13 AM
Sauce= Mario
Living in American Canyon, working all over the Napa Valley
Plumber by trade, specializing in General Mischief.

Fairly young and newish to firearms. But willing to help and eager to learn. I shoot mostly at Yolo but looking to go to some BLM soon or after fire season.

Steyrlp10
04-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Sauce= Mario
Living in American Canyon, working all over the Napa Valley
Plumber by trade, specializing in General Mischief.

Fairly young and newish to firearms. But willing to help and eager to learn. I shoot mostly at Yolo but looking to go to some BLM soon or after fire season.

Welcome -- stop by the Calguns booth this weekend in Vallejo :)

SAUCE
04-05-2011, 4:55 PM
I'll be working on Saturday but have made arrangements to get Sunday off. I plan on being there and will definitely stop by. Thanks and see some of you good folks there. I've been lurking around for some time, don't post much since all my questions seem to have been asked a million times before. Thank goodness for google and the search feature here.

osokne
04-05-2011, 8:40 PM
Welcome -- stop by the Calguns booth this weekend in Vallejo :)

Hey... Any plans for the Antioch show, end of the month? Didn't see anything (or missed it) in the events forum.

Steyrlp10
04-06-2011, 3:33 PM
Hey... Any plans for the Antioch show, end of the month? Didn't see anything (or missed it) in the events forum.

Would you like to be the Booth Coordinator for Antioch?

osokne
04-06-2011, 9:26 PM
Would you like to be the Booth Coordinator for Antioch?

Due to a favor asked of me, by a good friend, I'm already committed in another capacity, at that show... but if it works out that there is a Calguns booth, I'll do my best to drop by.

scion
04-07-2011, 12:00 AM
scion = Al

was prior military (air force) honorably discharged in 08.
now im a software engineer major.
living in SF.

love this site so far. Already bought a grip pod for my new ar build in the forums.

OutkastJay
04-10-2011, 5:41 PM
hello all,

New to calguns. Heard a lot of good things about this site and my friends got me hook on guns and are also on this site.

OHOD
04-11-2011, 4:37 PM
Hello again.

louderthangod
04-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Louderthangod=Joshua
I'm an Alameda native living in West Oakland. I'm a high school science teacher and I plan on getting my first gun in the next week or two. I'm leaning towards the Glock 21. My girlfriend and I have been renting a bunch of different guns at some of the ranges to see what we like (she's narrowing down between a few 1911's). We'll probably be at the Cow Palace gun show this weekend to score some good ammo prices. Most of my hobby money goes to guitars and in my mind there is nothing as beautiful as a wall of cranked amps in your face.

I have a question about bay area gun shops. Should I ask that here or in one of the other forums? I'm just looking for general info on really good shops I can rely on for most of my gun needs. I've only really been to a few ranges and their prices seem to be all over the place. Thanks and thanks for having me!

oljb007
04-16-2011, 9:11 PM
oljb007
Marin
Taken a couple of hand gun classes- beginner and intermediate.
Just purchased my first handgun, Sig P226 Equinox .40

Thank you to this site and all of its members, its been a great resource.

redrex
04-21-2011, 3:04 PM
RedRex= Jeff
Oakland/San Leandro border

Background in IT (computer tech and networking)
Currently COO for a small Video Game company
I'm a geek who likes to take things apart and see if I can put them back together with as few parts left over as possible. I'd like to spend more money on my guns but I have a wife, an ex-wife, two kids and one the way to support :) That and I like to make my money go as far as possible!

Currently I have the standard Mossy 12ga and a RIA 1911 .45 that I've been tinkering on. So now I only need a good 9mm and .380 (CZ's and Bersa?), an AR, an AK, a bolt action .308, a nice backup revolver .38?, a .22lr rifle semi, and I'm thinking of taking on a mosin-nagant project. Then I will feel comfortable :)

You can find me down at the San Leandro Rifle and Pistol Range. Maybe not the best looking of places but its quite and they don't rent guns so it's not as busy as some others. If you are in the area and want to go shoot, PM me.

As to the cause? I'm down, count me in. I'm active in bay area politics. I'm a member of the Modern Whig party and a staunch supporter of protecting what's left of our constitutional rights. Let me know how I can help.

Steyrlp10
04-21-2011, 3:09 PM
RedRex= Jeff
Oakland/San Leandro boarder

Let me know how I can help.

We could use another Calgunner on the afternoon shift of Saturday, June 4 at the Vallejo Gun Show. Please see the thread in the Community Chapter Forum (direct link at the top of the home page.) Thanks!

redrex
04-21-2011, 5:29 PM
We could use another Calgunner on the afternoon shift of Saturday, June 4 at the Vallejo Gun Show.

I'll check the schedule with the wife. One issue I do have is that I know that I have my son, he's five, that weekend. Can he work the show with me?

---> Sorry, just read the post and saw the "no children at the booth" part. I'd love to do it but my kids come first. Sorry.

NoCash4theRange
04-26-2011, 9:28 AM
NoCash4theRange
Mike
North Side San Jose/ Milpitas
Facilities Technician

Purchased my first pistol (Glock 17 4th Generation) about 4 months ago & I'm digging it. I'm in the process of both assembling an AR and looking to purchase my 10 yr. old Son a .22lr. I'm learning about the laws so as to not screw myself over & to be well informed. I'm absolutely feeling Calguns and all the help and advice it's members provide fellow Calgunners. AWESOMENESS!

Thanks!

n_saint
04-26-2011, 2:07 PM
Neil
Fremont, CA

Armed Citizen since 1991.
VP. Sales & Marketing - telecommunications

JayCo
04-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Jay
Concord, CA

Purchased my first pistol a couple weeks ago (M&P 9). Lovin the site!

jbooze
05-01-2011, 8:18 AM
JBooze
Port Costa, CA
Marine Corps veteran
Deployed 2003, 2005, 2007 in support of OIF.
Armed since 1998

redrex
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Hmmm. I just tried to post a new thread in San Francisco Bay Area and got this error message... "you do not have permission to access this page."

Do I need to get approved or something to start a new thread?

Steyrlp10
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Hmmm. I just tried to post a new thread in San Francisco Bay Area and got this error message... "you do not have permission to access this page."

What thread did you want to begin?

Please drop me a note or one of the Mods a note, thanks.

JayCo
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM

I was trying to start a thread in the socal forums asking about places to shoot since I will be there for a week this month and I got the same message.

Fern
05-04-2011, 7:36 PM
Fern
Fernando
Electrical Contractor
I need less expensive hobbies!!

navy_doc1
05-05-2011, 8:56 AM
navy_doc1 - John
Milpitas
Navy Reserve Corpsman (mobilized)

Aldo
05-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi I'm Aldo and I'm in the East Bay. The boys over at Bullseye in Castro Valley recommended this site to me and I'm loving it. It's a lot like when I found the corvette and harley forums that I make home.

I'm a Sr. Disaster/Catastrophe Project Manager. I've been out on disability the last few months recovering from a successful spinal surgery to repair my broken back. I was actually at the range last week, the 44 mag about dropped me to my knees. I still have another month or two of hanging out.

I'm a former vietnam era veteran, car and bike enthusiast and now gun enthusiast. I've recently refound my interest in guns and enjoy this community very much. I've found the gun I've been looking for for the last few months from another calgun member who found me. It's a rare S&W 66-5 K frame prelock 3"bbl 357 with fiber optics. In excellent shape sitting in his safe the last few years needing some attention which I will give it. Waiting the 10 days to receive it and I will throw some pics up when I pick it up.

teamnoir
05-10-2011, 5:11 PM
Menlo Park. Newbie. First gun purchased about 40 days ago. :).

Not sure which if my many special interests and hobbies might be relevant here. Professionally I'm a computer engineer, I suppose that could be useful. And I've been using the internet socially for over 30 years.

Mad Cow Bells
05-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Mad Cow Bells - Jon
College student in San Jose.

Just began my collection. Picked up a Mosin Nagant, Remington 597, and H&R Pardner within the last few months.

sushiboiiii
05-12-2011, 1:03 AM
sushiboiiii-Solomon
College student in Skyline College

Just picked up a few spikes tactical lower and will be building on a slow pace haha. college student budget =P

also long time lurker

thunderchimp
05-13-2011, 1:15 AM
thunderchimp
Carmel

gunsmoke50
05-13-2011, 3:41 AM
Howdy all,

gunsmoke50= Jeff

Live in San Francisco, been here since I was six. I Love my City, my city don't love my guns.

Job = Stationary Engineer at UCSF's powerplant
Former USMC

I've been on this forum for a year or so, but am becoming more active.

I've had a BSA .22 target rifle since high school, got my M1A Scout several years back. Purchased my first handgun, an S&W M&P in 40 last week, and will take posession of my LWRC M6A2 on Saturday.... the wait is killer.

WickedHund
05-19-2011, 9:23 PM
Hi All - I'm Jeff. Live in Roseville, work in Redwood City. Former Marine '97-'03 (Expert Rifle Qual) Current Marketing Ninja for entertainment software publishing company, working on titles: BF3/MOH/DS2/ME3 among others.

sushiboiiii
05-21-2011, 11:14 PM
tell me you dont commute that everyday!

santandr
05-28-2011, 6:38 AM
J here checking in from the 94803 zip code.I'm an Enhanced Area licensed honda slave.

-santandr :D

Sgt. J Beezy
05-28-2011, 1:53 PM
Jon Barkley
Santa Ana
Clinical Psychologist specializing in Addiction and PTSD.

Student of Politics, Law, and Life.
Surviving.
LMT and S&W owner!

smokinstang65
05-29-2011, 9:02 PM
Ron

Live in Campbell, CA

Job: Ensign in the United States Navy

Just looking to buy a few more C&R's and maybe get into an AR build. I've got a Mosin Nagant M91/30, Winchester Model 94, Ruger 10/22, Mossberg 500 and GP100. Its a pretty good start but it needs to be expanded upon.

Miclip
06-01-2011, 7:58 AM
Sausalito
Software Consultant: http://synthesisconsulting.net
NZ 0-7yrs, AUS 7-31yrs, US 31-
Was in Army Reserves in Australia and getting back into shooting

Glock 23, thinking of getting a Browning HP or a Sig 9mm, would like to get a STEYR USR as its what we used in the army, thought it was a nice rifle.

el-rifle
06-01-2011, 9:51 AM
el -rifle
pablo c
oakland ca
gun nut

dotalchemy
06-09-2011, 1:26 PM
Stu Hall
IT Geek @ Lucasfilm Ltd.

RMP (Army) Reserve in the UK, started shooting recently over here.

Live in Inner Richmond district, San Francisco.

British Citizen, US Resident, sitting at work with an NRA cap on. I came here because I believe in the constitution and what this country was built on. Now, I'm happy to help defend it - I'll be signing up for the reserves by the end of the year (and the local gym before that!)

B.Smith1984
06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Brian Smith
Fairfield
Armed Security Patrol Supervisor... I also do Personal Protection and Executive Protection when it comes around

I'm always up to giving my .02 cents and receiving... I'm always looking to Share what little knowledge that I have and build it also.....

I'm looking to become a Firearms Instructor Or Something in that area... I would Also love to get in to Competitions (Tactical)

Abra Philippines
06-17-2011, 2:42 PM
Abra Philippines
Campbell, CA
Hobbie/Interests - Frequent Vietnamese coffee shops in San Jose!

smurfette
06-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Smurfette - San Francisco

new to shooting, just bought a Benelli Nova 28" :)

FishNFool
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Got my ccw in napa co last year heard about Calguns from a friend. Schedule is changing soon so will have extra time to help. Just need to know how to start.

2Bear
06-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Shawty loves shotty

Heh. Welcome.

alsatian
06-25-2011, 8:21 AM
Jay. New to CalGuns. It's been a great resource.
Live in SF.

dickiemckee
06-26-2011, 8:46 PM
Richard McKee
Santa Rosa, Ca
Combat Engineer in the California Army National Guard

Just found out about this resource. Many hours spent here. Stoked so far.

WWII era rifles
Muzzle loaders/black powder handguns
And AR15's of course.

CC Gunsmithing
07-06-2011, 8:08 PM
Chaz Cheshire
Master Gunsmith: specializing in restoration and modification, 15 years experience
Machinist, Fabricator, Prototype design and manufacture for 10 years
Shooting for over 25 years
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cc-gunsmithing-redwood-city
New to Calguns

Molby242
07-11-2011, 8:06 AM
Hey guys,

Molby W.
Construction Management
South Bay
Long time Lurker, new to posting.
SigP226R
LMT MRP

other Hobbies: sports (esp Hockey, soccer, snowboarding), meeting new people, amateur survivalism

redrex
07-11-2011, 5:05 PM
Hey guys,
other Hobbies.... amateur survivalism

I love that :) makes you kind of wonder if there is a pro circuit and when does the season start?

Now on ESPN 8 de Ocho! The PSL (Professional Survival League) Tonight we have the Idaho Supremacists vs. the Utah Saints! Let's go to Jim, live on the field....

Sorry, my imagination does have a tendency to get the best of me. I blame Mr. Rogers.

Molby242
07-12-2011, 3:42 PM
I love that :) makes you kind of wonder if there is a pro circuit and when does the season start?

Now on ESPN 8 de Ocho! The PSL (Professional Survival League) Tonight we have the Idaho Supremacists vs. the Utah Saints! Let's go to Jim, live on the field....

Sorry, my imagination does have a tendency to get the best of me. I blame Mr. Rogers.

first off, "Utah Saints" also name of an actual music group (didn't know if you intentionally name dropped or not)

You already got beat to the game show idea... I was watching a program on NatGeo the other night interviewing 4 survivalist families. All had different approaches to things and had set different priorities. was kinda neat to see what other people thought was going to be TEOTWAWKI. Afterwards, security and survival "experts" rated each groups plans and provisions and gave them a rating based on whether they'd survive. It made it feel like some cheesy game show.

If you could somehow make it better, i'd watch...

emsp
07-16-2011, 8:10 PM
emsp = logan
welder at one of those secret government labs
enjoyed my CCW while I went to school in PA

I own:
XD9 with Lasermax and trijicon night sights
Double Star 1911 Combat Pistol
Glock Gen 3 17C
Mossberg 835 (with additional rifled slug barrel and cantilever scope)
Double Star AR 15, chambered in 7.62 by 39 mm, ACOG

Going to start shooting IDPA at Richmond and starting shooting High Power at Sac Valley

redrex
07-16-2011, 8:44 PM
first off, "Utah Saints" also name of an actual music group (didn't know if you intentionally name dropped or not)

You already got beat to the game show idea... I was watching a program on NatGeo the other night interviewing 4 survivalist families. All had different approaches to things and had set different priorities. was kinda neat to see what other people thought was going to be TEOTWAWKI. Afterwards, security and survival "experts" rated each groups plans and provisions and gave them a rating based on whether they'd survive. It made it feel like some cheesy game show.

If you could somehow make it better, i'd watch...

Good catch on the Utah Saints, I like some of their stuff :)

Give me some time and I'll work on the gameshow!

Gryff
07-16-2011, 9:13 PM
eGoing to start shooting IDPA at Richmond and starting shooting High Power at Sac Valley

If you have any questions about IDPA at Richmond, PM me. I'm one of the guys in charge of the sport at the club.

BTW, if you haven't shot competitive handgun before, consider taking Richmond's Safe Handgun Competitor class. Third Saturday of every month and cost is $25 (but you get credit to shoot your first match for free).

http://richmondhotshots.com/intro_to_ipsc.html

almaster666
07-17-2011, 1:07 AM
Arthur
Just graduated from college - International business and languages
Trilingual French English Spanish (and yes, written too! :p)
Reside San Mateo
New to firearms, lurker on Calguns (great source of information)
New owner of an SR9

Kendoka
07-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Bob H
US Navy Veteran
NRA Benefactor
CRPA Member
Rangemaster and Board Member at Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club
Retired 30 year martial Artist
Gunsite and Front Sight (DG) graduate

Sunnyvale, CA

RonZ
07-19-2011, 9:33 PM
Ron
After 15 years of not having the time I am getting back into Guns and Shooting
I Own (in order of Kick power):
a potato gun
An Airsoft Walther
A Red Ryder bb gun
A 1377 Crossman pump pistol
A real old 22 pellet pistol
A Beretta .22 Model 21A Pistol
A Savage model 84C .22 rifle
A Winchester model 67 single shot .22 rifle
A scoped Ruger 10/22 rifle (looking for a bull barrel and stock)
A Ruger Security 6 .357 revolver
A Stephens 20 guage single shot
A SA-08 weatherby 12 guage semi auto
and a Mosin Nagant 91/30

I have a blast shooting each and every on of them.

My next guns are:
Colt AR15 and a M1 Garand
I have applied for a C&R and am patiently waiting for license

I shoot at LARGC, SRGC, SC county field sports, and Coyote Valley Sporting Clays

I keep telling my wife this is cheaper than golf!

Xn0r
07-20-2011, 6:46 PM
Xn0r = Jim B
Santa Clara, CA
IT Guy (Unix/Linux Systems/Networking)

New to gun ownership. Have a Kimber Tactical II Custom 1911.

captain_chau
07-22-2011, 2:00 AM
captain_chau
Castro Valley
mediator/law major

I'm more into long guns rather then sidearms

Ratboy
08-01-2011, 2:49 PM
J Mc
Stylist in S.F.
IIA supporter

I grew up around guns as a child of the 70's and though I've had them in one form or another over the years it was only a few years ago that I truly developed an interest in them and learning more about them. Since then I've learned how much I do not know... which is why I mostly read and hardly post.

Molby242
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Bob H

Rangemaster and Board Member at Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club

Sunnyvale, CA

Nice to see a fellow Sunnyvalian (is that what we're called??) on the board. PM inbound about SVRGC.

DragonFyre
08-04-2011, 7:57 PM
DragonFyre
San Francisco, CA
Car parts delivery specialist

Joined this forum to learn some knowledge on guns. Recently purchased a Mossberg 590, and a Rock Island Armory 1911 A1 Tactical....and soon to purchase an AK...thinking of the WASR 10 or Arsenal?

DragonFyre
08-04-2011, 9:33 PM
weird I am unable to post in this section of the forums. Just wondering anyone know any good gun stores in the San Francisco/Bay Area that sells AK-47's? I am thinking about the Century Arms WASR 10 or an Arsenal AK if I can afford it. Thanks to any fellow memeber that can help me out.

docwong
08-04-2011, 9:35 PM
Harry Wong
Redwood City, CA
Chiropractor, motorcycle skills instructor, and master scuba diver

I've had hand guns for decades, but have not gotten very interested in becoming proficient with them. Just acquired a Sig P2022 40 cal and a Sig P220 .45 and getting a .22LR conversion kit for that to learn on.

www.docwong.com