PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Roll Call - Check in Here!

Pages : [1] 2 3

wildhawker
01-19-2010, 4:42 PM
Calgunners, sound off!

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

The fight for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms starts here.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz275/bonniebateman/CGNSacramentoMaxEffectiveRegion30mileradius_zpsc81 13815.png

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/HistoricRegionMap.jpg

DSeifert
01-19-2010, 7:00 PM
DSeifert - Checking in from Sacramento area.

Hunting fanatic - deer, elk, ducks ... you name it. I've volunteered time at a CGN gunshow booth and distributed leaflets.

DSeifert
01-19-2010, 7:04 PM
DSeifert - Checking in from Sacramento area.

Hunting fanatic - deer, elk, ducks ... you name it. I've volunteered time at a CGN gunshow booth and distributed leaflets.

Purple K
01-19-2010, 8:57 PM
Purple K - Vacaville.

Previous Gun Show booth volunteer and AB962 flyer distributor. Future Gun Show booth Coordinator.

762cavalier
01-19-2010, 9:04 PM
762cavalier here South Sacramento, NRA members council member, have worked Calguns booth at gunshows, AB 962 flyer distributor, and resident smog technician.

leitung
01-19-2010, 11:08 PM
leitung here in Antelope in North Sacramento.. I am in touch with the private security industry and I am also starting an FFL.

HAVOC5150
01-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Havoc5150 I live in Vacaville,
I hunt, fish, train dogs and of course shoot.

Daddy4zack
01-20-2010, 6:03 AM
Daddy4zack here... El Dorado Hills..... Early Broncos and lots of guns.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/Daddy4zack/IMG_1144.jpg

Aaron

BIGCHRIS
01-20-2010, 7:57 AM
BIGCHRIS I live in Colfax but am in the Sac/Roseville/Rocklin area all the time
I fish, would like to get into hunting, my brother inlaw owns a Powder Coating company in Rocklin, so if you guys need anything coated let me know , he has agreed to give CG members a discounted price.

sierrawoodsman
01-20-2010, 2:56 PM
sierrawoodsman I live outside foresthill, willing to work the shows for CGN

triggerhappy
01-20-2010, 4:22 PM
Triggerhappy here. Grass Valley. I'd be glad to assist where I can.

Sapperforward
01-20-2010, 4:36 PM
Sapperforward - I live in Foresthill.

I hunt and shoot alot (right off the porch). I am a plumber by trade.

hammerhands32
01-20-2010, 7:35 PM
hammerhands32- Sacramento

General gun newb but I've been told I'm a fast learner
Mee's Moving and Storage, Allied Van lines

haveyourmile
01-20-2010, 8:37 PM
haveyourmile

I'm an EMT

Live in downtown Sacramento

Seesm
01-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Seesm-Auburn-More than 1 firearm. Likes our rights wants to protect our rights!! :) Auburn is norcal near Sacramento.

Lateralus
01-21-2010, 3:16 AM
Sweet merciful, another forum for me to add to the rounds?

Brandon knows me, but many here don't. My name is Jason, and I prefer to be called just that.

I am currently employed as a server at Outback Steakhouse on Howe (If you come in and ask for me I'll buy dessert) while attending CSUS. Aside from long walks on the beach, I occupy myself by building guitars, teaching guitar/music theory lessons, practicing martial arts and wine tasting. I recently bought a house as an investment redirection and spend ALOT of time fixing it. I speak 2 languages, play 9 instruments, and enjoy coffee to an unhealthy extent. I coordinated the most recent Calguns booth at CalExpo and met many members. I also volunteered at 2 previous Cow Palace shows.

I love meeting local Calgunners. If you want to go to the range, hang out, go bar hopping, or just kill time, PM me.

coop44
01-21-2010, 7:06 AM
Jim in elk grove, btw there is no unhealthy coffee level, Lateralus!

D53
01-21-2010, 7:46 AM
Chris
Fair Oaks
Broke

doc1buc
01-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Doc1buc- Vacaville

Duh, shooting, and fighting FUD at the office and abroad!

mif_slim
01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I posted in the Fresno area but I live here too so I'll post here too. Live in Sacramento, skills are light gunsmithing, reloading, bullet casting, paintballer and tinker (if you ever need a paintball gun to get tinkered and dont know how, let me know...no charge) printer (shops in Fresno) but I might be able to help print flyers and stuff to help promote events.

aemergin
01-21-2010, 3:40 PM
Aemergin - Roseville

xounlistedxox
01-21-2010, 4:36 PM
xounlistedxox Sacramento

Reloading, Custom fitting parts for 1911's, AR's(pretty much most of any gun), Auto Mechanic, Play Guitar(18 years), etc

Please check in here with your screen name and city, as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.

Lateralus
01-21-2010, 5:23 PM
Jim in elk grove, btw there is no unhealthy coffee level, Lateralus!

Dude, didn't you see those massive mochas I was double-handing at the booth? It's only gotten worse; My parents gave me a nice espresso machine for Christmas. I think I am up to at least 5 a day.

xounlistedxox
01-21-2010, 5:26 PM
I stopped drinking coffee and other caffinated drinks almost a year ago and have never slept better

mif_slim
01-21-2010, 5:32 PM
Sweet merciful, another forum for me to add to the rounds?

Brandon knows me, but many here don't. My name is Jason, and I prefer to be called just that.

I am currently employed as a server at Outback Steakhouse on Howe (If you come in and ask for me I'll buy dessert) while attending CSUS. Aside from long walks on the beach, I occupy myself by building guitars, teaching guitar/music theory lessons, practicing martial arts and wine tasting. I recently bought a house as an investment redirection and spend ALOT of time fixing it. I speak 2 languages, play 9 instruments, and enjoy coffee to an unhealthy extent. I coordinated the most recent Calguns booth at CalExpo and met many members. I also volunteered at 2 previous Cow Palace shows.

I love meeting local Calgunners. If you want to go to the range, hang out, go bar hopping, or just kill time, PM me.

Not to free load, but Im bringing my entire gang there..lol, after a shooting session...you better have plenty of dessert! jk. :) I love Outback! Had my friends girlfriend (99lbs 4'11") eat one of those..we had to roll her out!

Dangerpin
01-21-2010, 6:25 PM
Dangerpin-Sacramento Area. I'm a network engineer.

Sapperforward
01-21-2010, 6:57 PM
A life without an ice cold coke straight from the bottle just doesn't sound right.

1SGMAT
01-21-2010, 7:56 PM
1SGMAT here in the West Rosevile area. Hunting, Shooting and all aspects about them. Would like to meet some of you all for coffee sometime.

marksmandowntown
01-21-2010, 8:44 PM
I live in Sacramento and keep an office downtown. I am an attorney and realtor. I'm still noob-ish on guns, but am learning. I'd like to go hunting and shooting, and maybe a camp out.

xounlistedxox
01-21-2010, 9:04 PM
Coke tastes horrible now that I have not had it for awhile. You would be surprised. I've been a huge coca cola fan since I was a kid, but now I can't stand it

wildhawker
01-21-2010, 9:33 PM
Dude, didn't you see those massive mochas I was double-handing at the booth? It's only gotten worse; My parents gave me a nice espresso machine for Christmas. I think I am up to at least 5 a day.

Damn Jason, that's impressive.

rbetts
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Rob From Fair Oaks Here. Guess I posted too soon before the maps were up and was deleted, so I'll try again.

Banker, Corporate Trainer Oh and GUN DEALER for you guys!

Maybe I was deleted because I posted my phone number. . . . . .

JJKESSEL
01-21-2010, 10:33 PM
JJKESSEL - SACRAMENTO (NATOMAS)

Counselor at a level 14 facility for SED boys.
Academy Graduate and currently Re-Qualifying... looking for my career.
Qualified Ground Searcher and Explorer Coordinator for Sacramento County Search and Rescue (SACSAR).
EMT-I - in processes of getting state certified.
Married and Father of 3.
And loving my GUNS! And I want more... =)

Lateralus
01-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Damn Jason, that's impressive.

Actually, I'm starting to think it's unhealthy:chris:. On the upside, I have refined my selection to a T.

Lavazza Espresso Beans "Il Perfetto Espresso". Right on the packaging! :D
Torani Chocolate syrup.

Mmmmmmm. Ill make sure to bring you one if you're ever in Sac again.

wildhawker
01-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Hell, for something like that I'll make it a point.

Maybe we could get some ideas rolling around for some ways to advance RKBA & Calguns in Sacto over here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=261063) and plan a little CGN Sacto breakfast.

Vepr62
01-22-2010, 7:16 AM
Hi, my name is Vasiliy an I am an addict.
I leave and work in Antelope, Sacramento county. In my spare time (which is not much) I build and shoot guns. I own all the tooling to build an AK from a flat or a receiver. I own AK rifles in .22LR, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, and .308 (Vepr, and you may guess that this is my favorite). Got several ARs in different configurations as well. Some of my rifles are RAWs, but many are OLLs. I work in Building maintenance field, am proud father of 3 boys (2 have engineering degrees from UC Davis, the youngest is still in school) and my late child, beautiful Princess, love of my life, 7 y/o daughter.

Vasiliy

zdragon
01-22-2010, 8:19 AM
Hello...South Sacramento
active member on the 1911forum.
love to shoot 1911 pistols on a regular basis.

Lone_Gunman
01-22-2010, 3:18 PM
LG here. I'm in Galt. I will be checking both the NCV and the SACTO Area forums regularly. Would be totally into helping out with outreach/activism. Im a conductor/brakeman for a small railroad in Stockton. Im on call Monday through Saturday but if Im not called by 10:30 AM Im not working that day. I usually end up working about 3 days a week so I have some time for last minute/spur of the moment things.

Lateralus
01-22-2010, 7:10 PM
Hello...South Sacramento
retired LEO here....active member on the 1911forum.

Great to have you on board! I would personally love to see a retired LEO join our ranks. Would you be on board for volunteering time at a Gun Show Booth? You would have a much easier time establishing credibility than most of us. Please stay active here so you can help us inform people.

Im off to the suggestions forum to throw around a couple ideas. Hidey hoe!

Bobula
01-22-2010, 7:58 PM
Bob(ula) here

I'm in Jackson, so sac is closest.
Former LEO, currently armed security, and hopefully soon part time line coach at frontsight.
I enjoy long drive down dirt trails with light rock crawling, and spending hours digging myself out of the snow.
I'm also the proud parent of a 7 months old black lab

Juno05
01-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Juno05. I work for a newspaper, if that helps any.

weezil_boi
01-23-2010, 8:40 AM
Weezil_boi -- Elk Grove

I work for a local gov agency and I am surrounded by the guns are evil mindset. Irony is, 1/3 of the people in my building are carrying guns.

Its an uphill battle I fight everyday. Id love to get more involved at CG events, so Im excited about the local chapters.

Oh, and I have a few guns ;)

Dragunov
01-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Dragunov, Antelope.

Plinkin
01-23-2010, 1:25 PM
Plinkin, I Live in Rocklin. Im 21. The closest place I know of to shoot is Spenceville and dont really like the drive, the range, or the trash. I usually go to Eldorado Forest to a great spot that is kept clean and respected by all who use it. If you ever want to go shooting in the area let me know, Im always looking to go.

Bizcuits
01-23-2010, 2:13 PM
Bizcuits - South Sac, I-5 side.

You don't need to know where I work or what I shoot and own. I go to school at CRC, own a house and shoot in El Dorado or Yuba. Although I tend to shoot BB's more then bullets.

Me and friends killing Japs in the Yuba foot hills near Beale. If you ever want shoot people and not go to jail you can look me up on www.sacairsoft.com where I'm an admin and help run non-profit (free) games.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/ferguson/DSC_0094-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/ferguson/DSC01560.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/ferguson/DSC01561.jpg

yakums12
01-24-2010, 9:48 AM
Checking in. Fish, ducks and guns. That's what its all about.

Swift Justice
01-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Swift Justice here in the greater Sacto area. Would like to help out at the next Calguns booth at a local show. Have a good friend who is an FFL in West Sac who is reasonable on transfers. Just came back from the SHOT show and made a point to stop at each booth that does not do business in California (Olympic Arms, Les Baer, etc.) and let them know there is plenty of business here and we need their support and products.

pdq_wizzard
01-24-2010, 7:50 PM
PDQ_wizzard, Folsom

UNIX / Linux Systme engineer oncall alot but would like to try and work a booth at Cal expo.

I would love to see the gunshows at CE take on the look of ~20 years ago.

afro
01-25-2010, 2:42 PM
+1 on El Dorado Hills here. Still newbie shooter.. just got a Mosin and have been dying to shoot it up at Mormon Emigrant Trail but all this rain is gettin me down.

wuluf
01-25-2010, 5:48 PM
Wuluf, Sacramento.

1911s, .44 Special and newly into shotguns. would like to help out CG where ever i could.

Jon S.
01-25-2010, 8:36 PM
Jon S. (Elk Grove)

Active duty military and shoot as frequently as I can. Looking forward to meeting you all as well as helping out CGN.

Mstrty
01-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Ty Hamby Sacramento Area
Enjoy IDPA and USPSA
Owner Extreme Stitch Embroidery in Citrus Heights

spegull03
01-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Folsom here, usually shoot at sac valley.

I am a licensed insurance agent if that could be of any help to calguns

ShootinMedic
01-28-2010, 3:40 AM
ShootinMedic here, Churchill Downs/ Sacramento area

I'm a paramedic with a wife, munchkin, and not enough time/money to shoot as much as I would like, but I'm building my EBR one part at a time!

CKY
01-28-2010, 8:52 AM
Work for pepsi cola as a fountain machine installer during the week and sac black rifle on sat. Anyone thirsty or need a gun? Love to make stuff that makes peoples lives better. Enjoy welding, building whatever and keeping busy.

1911whore
01-28-2010, 2:47 PM
I live in Rocklin, Lead Buyers Consultant for SellState Realty First.

akoba
01-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Akoba (means "Is it me?") from 99 south. Next to kaiser new builder.

My interest? still the same HUNTING.. hunting girlfriendS. :D hehehe

schattenseele
01-29-2010, 4:30 PM
schattenseele88(it means "Shadow Spirit"), Live in Rancho Cordova; I've always been crazy about guns, but would like to be more involve in the legislative aspect -- Willing to work a gun show booth!

redneckshootist
01-30-2010, 6:58 PM
redneckshootist here out in woodland.
Local gun dealer that will deal with truely evil guns not just wimpy ar-15s:D NRA member, would work the calguns booth if I didnt have to worry about my own booth supplying y'all with guns;):D I will help pass out any fliers though, oh and Im running out of calguns fliers and need to refill the flier holder in the shop.

moose737
01-31-2010, 8:36 AM
In Vacaville,

Military Pilot, Civil Pilot, Flying, Guns and 2 Jobs..make that 3..Kids also

cracktheskye
01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
cracktheskye... I live up in Rocklin, tutor kids with the worst ADD you have ever seen, work for Action Military Surplus on Auburn occasionally (I recently redid their website)... As far as what I can contribute, I do graphic design work and if you have kids that are intelligent but don't have the grades to back it up, I can probably help.

Right now I'm going thru the ICE SA app process and trying to find a career out in the Bay Area, so if anybody has a line on a big boy job send me a PM. I'm into politics, and guns of course, especially the technical/"how can I build/take apart/modify" side of the sport. I play guitar-- blues, rock, and metal, new and old.. Oh, and in my ripe old age of 29 I have taken up the hobby of metal detecting and coin collecting, so if anybody knows of any good spots to MD-- public land, your ranch or yard, or trespassing, doesn't matter to me-- let me know. It's the archaeological aspect of it-- it's like digging to China as a kid-- not about financial gain. Jason, PM is on the way about guitar stuff.

MP301
02-01-2010, 1:14 AM
MP301 - Pioneer in Amador Conuty. How may I be of assistance? :43:

cactus
02-01-2010, 6:52 AM
Aaron out here in Antelope. I like to hunt shoot and collect guns. I can help from labor, to rounding up coffee, and passing out fliers just about anything.

rromeo
02-01-2010, 6:42 PM
RRomeo From Sacramento

raycm2
02-01-2010, 6:51 PM
raycm2, Carmichael. NRA Member's Council member. Trying to learn smithing for 1911's. So far it's even.. one gun destroyed, one gun improved. :rolleyes:

Ray

IrishPirate
02-02-2010, 4:24 PM
Alex here. Moving to Roseville in mid April so i'll be on the boarder of the Sac and Nor Cal areas i think. Living in Chico for now though.

I'm a Firefighter/EMT for CAL FIRE, an Eagle Scout, and an avid fisherman. If it's something you do outdoors.....I love it. :D

jafount
02-02-2010, 10:28 PM
jafount here. Otherwise known as John in El Dorado Hills.

I am a retired (injury) LEO I started lonnnng ago in Amador County then moved back to the Santa Clara County. I am now a fraud investigator for a private company that works with national banks.

I have been shooting for 35 years (since I was 5) have been a rangemaster and trainer. Both my parents are professional shotgun shooting instructors who placed high in the 80s Olympic trials for the US team and are ESP electronic ear protection dealers.

I am a full time single dad of three. I Bass fish, hunt out of state big game and in state bird and fowl. I am an NRA life member and Sac Valley Shooting center member.

I formerly carried an AR but didn't purchase my first one until last year (thanks Vepr). I'm now on my 6th build with two more on tap.

Sky_DiveR
02-03-2010, 8:15 PM
Sky_DiveR from So. Sac/Elk Grove.

Like to tinker with guns, cars, computers, etc. Willing to help out with what I can. Always willing to learn new things. Every time I meet another CG'r and find out what they like to do, I want to try it. IDPA, Long Range, Steel, Varmint hunting, etc. Problem is, I don't have enough time, money, and weapons to do/try everything... but willing to die trying.

derek@thepackingrat.net
02-03-2010, 10:02 PM
My name is Derek, I frequent this forum for the 2nd Amendment related news and the good deals on the for sale forums.

I'm currently a court appointed investigator reviewing conservatorship cases and petitions.

I run a blog at http://thepackingrat.net. The motto of the blog is "Guns, Gear and Grub." It's a personal blog that addresses my experience with firearms, outdoor gear/trips and the occasional food. It has a moderate level of exposure - I'm listed as #40 at hits unlimited. I did make it up to #22 during SHOT Show. It didn't last long, however. :)
http://www.hitsunlimited.com/fish/100topguns/100top.html

I'm NRA certified to teach pistol and rifle classes. In 2009, I introduced 10 new shooters to the range - folks who have never touched a gun before meeting me.

I anticipate participating more frequently locally. I attended my first event at the Elk Grove Friends of NRA Gun-O-Rama and reported on my experience at that event.
http://thepackingrat.net/2009/11/09/elk-grove-friends-of-nra-gun-o-rama-aar/

Toolbox X
02-04-2010, 7:56 PM
Grant here. I live in Sacramento (North Natomas).

rawcut
02-04-2010, 9:31 PM
rawcut-south sac i work in the printing industry and occasional towing. married, father of 4 now as of 1/13, i love my family, vehicles, weapons and tools. willing to volunteer whenever im needed.

Bizcuits
02-04-2010, 9:44 PM
Grant here. I live in Sacramento (North Natomas).

lol Natomas park, I bet.

RyanX
02-04-2010, 9:50 PM
Ryan(X) reporting for duty. I live in a small town that borders Sacramento and San Joaquin counties.. you know it as Galt. Besides guns, I am into all kinds of things.. I am an amateur survivalist. I am also a decent artist, and technologically adept. My goals this year are to attend as many shooting clinics/classes as possible and improve my firearms handling skills.

Sicmaro
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
In Sacramento area, know Rob at sac black rifle and help out around the shop. Come check the shop out, you wont be disappointed!

Toolbox X
02-05-2010, 1:22 PM
lol Natomas park, I bet.

Natomas Crossing. Natomas Park is further up Truxel.

racky
02-06-2010, 7:54 AM
racky - air force guy - live in natomas but i'm gonna forclose that POS condo when i get back from deployment :).

CaliforniaLiberal
02-06-2010, 10:13 AM
CaliforniaLiberal

Rio Linda, Registered Nurse, love to take guns apart.

hk91666
02-06-2010, 7:51 PM
Checking in from West Sacramento (Southport) , love guns and collecting. Could help at shows or whatever depending on my spouse's plans. I am a Telecom engineer working with networking and voice. Currently, building two OLL receivers ( Stag & shARps) with southpaw uppers from STAG. Member of YOLO Sportsman Range in Davis Area.
hk91666
Frank

Jamez
02-07-2010, 3:46 PM
Jamez
Antelope.
Owner/Instructor Shahan Firearms Instruction
American River College student, private security guard, Army National Guard MP.

just ask and I'll let you know what I can do.

Coastey
02-09-2010, 8:29 PM
Coastey ... I'm a retired Coastie living in Davis.

Ravenslair
02-11-2010, 9:52 AM
Howdy. I live in the Rocklin/Roseville area. I have a complete set of AK Builder tools if anyone wants to borrow them.

Ravenslair
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Almost forgot. I am also a Glock armorer. If you need factory parts let me know. I will gladly pass them along at my price. I will only do this for orders that I deem to be large enough. I am not in the parts business and do not have time to order a mag spring here or there. Not trying to be a douche, but I have a family and job that take up most of my time. Either way, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have an order.

I also will offer up the $300 "family" life memberships I get from the NRA. I got 14 people signed up last month. When I get another one of these offers, I will post up.

warbird
02-11-2010, 5:31 PM
warbird from Orangevale/Folsom-retired. checking in

bden
02-11-2010, 7:38 PM
bden from Rancho Cordova here. Work in the health care industry. Have an MBA that I'd like to put to better use ;), and love shooting.

JimAmentler
02-11-2010, 9:12 PM
Jim "Doc" Amentler in Antelope. U.S. Navy Corpsman, owner/instructor for Alpha Safety Training, instructor for LMS Defense.

Love to hike, backpack, shoot (obviously), photography and much more.

PLINK
02-11-2010, 9:36 PM
Plink - Rancho Cordova

USPSA, IDPA, early Toyota pick up's, 4 wheeling, hunting and camping.

sapo916
02-12-2010, 4:41 AM
I'm from the Southern Sacramento/Elk Grove Region. Computers, cars, guns, etc.

Lagduf
02-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Lagduf. I'm in Auburn. I work in Education. Eagle Scout, though I don't get outdoors as much as I used too. I'm a novice shooter at best, and I don't shoot as much as I'd like to but I hope to start changing that.

I enjoy reading about firearm laws, 2A issues, and other civil rights stuff.

Big fan of history and the other social studies subjects.

DREADNOUGHT78
02-14-2010, 1:26 AM
DREADNOUGHT78 (Frank) Sacramento CA, Avid shooter SDPS,IDPA, Small Business Owner in Downtown Sacramento in the Auto Repair and restoration business.

jiminyfixit
02-15-2010, 5:06 PM
Jiminy Fixit Here.

I enjoy building up my zombie defenses, and porch time polishing my guns(father of three girls)
Would like to help at shows and more.
We need a CG bumber sticker, I'd sport it with pride, right next to the NRA sticker.

DPAD
02-15-2010, 5:49 PM
Dpad here from the Sacramento area

love the outdoors (camping, fishing, hiking) but never get to go out, have not been hunting but I own a hunting cap. :(

I know my way around a PC and can help with technical problems and set up.

gdun
02-15-2010, 8:54 PM
Gdun, or Greg.
I live in Elk Grove and Parkway
I'm a junior in high school, and i work at a grocery.
I spend most of my gun time hunting, but i enjoy shooting as well. My dad got me into both, but he has always been a long gun guy. I REALLY want to buy my first handgun, and just trying to figure it out.
I want to be a CA fish and game warden, and i have for a long time, if you know anybody, I'd love a ride along
ALso, my dad owns his own concrete business. IF you need anything, he'll do it well. http://brwconcrete.com/

Rigma
02-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Rigma here from W. Sacramento (Southport)

Spend days pushing paper in a cubicle with the left half of my brain while the right side plans out the days off:

Options:
1.) Go shooting
2.) Looong hike with the 2 Black Labs
3.) Mountain bike/kayak
4.) Build/fix someone's damn computer
5.) ...go shooting.

Certainly willing to put in a little time for CGN considering all the education & info I have gained from the knowledgeable people here.

emttim
02-21-2010, 3:45 PM
Timothy from Ione (40miles east of Sac). Pretty new to all this and learning lots! Don't know how much I can offer at this point... hopefully that will change soon. :-)

Questionable
02-23-2010, 1:59 PM
Questionable - Checking in from the Sacramento area.

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

PzKfW
02-24-2010, 10:55 AM
PzKfW checking in.

I'm a part-time registered respiratory therapist and full-time biology student at CSUS.

Ask my wife, I dig guns. :D

NorCalMama
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
NorCalMama from near Sacramento (close to Roseville, Fair Oaks, Folsom, Citrus Heights, etc)

I'm a stay at home mom who LOVES ocean fishing, shooting, camping, golf, cooking, and enjoy writing.
I hope to put my "talents" to good use as a C3 leader! :D

trailbuster
02-24-2010, 6:29 PM
Trailbuster - Live in Foresthill work in Rocklin. I enjoy getting out to shoot with my daughters and my wife. Looking to get into hunting.

Walker
02-27-2010, 4:15 AM
Walker from Sacramento in the Foothill Farms area at the moment. I like shooting even though I don't do enough and cooking.

s&w5906
03-01-2010, 9:09 AM
S&W5906 - Sacramento in Grasslands Area.
I enjoy family time and shootng of course when i get the chance. Also working on my old cars, 1967 Falcon and 1967 cougar xr7

sixtringr
03-01-2010, 1:12 PM
Sixtringr here,
I am a master stained glass artist in Sac ( I have a real job too). I play guitar (since I gave my strat and my old tube amp/petals to my son the neighborhood may never sound the same);) and like to four wheel and shoot/hunt. Lately I have been getting out in my 07 Rhino.
I would be willing to attend rallies and local meetings and such. Activism seems to be where it is at. I will check this forum more often now that there is something local.
Keep up the good work!
Mike

jksupplyco
03-02-2010, 7:29 PM
JK Supply Co

Your Northern California source for everything EVIL!

Up in Ione, located in beautiful Amador County, one of the first FFLs in the area to offer up EBRs!

Glock, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, HK MP5 & USP, AR-15 & Remington 700 Certified Armorer

joeyriv
03-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Joeyriv - avid shooter, amateur gunsmith-in-training, and all around good guy. Went back to school full time, so I have plenty of volunteer time to donate to Calguns

g0t0
03-06-2010, 2:17 PM
g0t0 in Sacramento. I'm starting up my gun collection. I am working on a Finn M39.

Hobbies are computers. I like to build them, fix them, but mostly install operating systems and other programs.

cg911
03-09-2010, 8:21 AM
Greetings,
Living in Auburn, working as a land surveyor. Hobbies: 911 racing, beer brewing, but not at the same time :-)

Great with maps and property rights; got a question, feel free to ask.

cleanguy46
03-10-2010, 1:30 PM
I live in the Citrus heights area and work in Rocklin as a Custodial Supervisor. Love the shooting and reloading hobby! I volunteer my time to many causes with my wife who works with the disabled so I can volunteer time to this cause.

Saint1970
03-14-2010, 9:25 PM
Greatings SacTown, I live in Fair Oaks-- I am a Vice President for Panther Expedited Services. I am new to Calguns and just starting shooting my Glock 23 that I have owned for over 10 years. Just bought a H&K USP 40 today--so now my collection is two. Next is a shotgun!! I enjoy reading the posts on this website

Saint:43:

Uriah02
03-14-2010, 9:28 PM
Joseph - I am in north Roseville. Recently became a civilian
Trying to learn as much as I can. At this point I have more ammo and weapons than I do the skill to properly use them all, primarily with shooting my pistols, I love my XD and USPc. Lincoln Rifle club member... try to get practice in at least 2x a month.

Lateralus
03-15-2010, 2:38 PM
Joseph - I am in north Roseville. Recently became a civilian
Trying to learn as much as I can. At this point I have more ammo and weapons than I do the skill to properly use them all, primarily with shooting my pistols, I love my XD and USPc. Lincoln Rifle club member... try to get practice in at least 2x a month.

Do you ever shoot a the Air Force Base in Lincoln? My little brother's girlfriend's Dad is AF and keeps trying to get me up there to shoot with him.

Arteel
03-15-2010, 2:50 PM
What's up locals. Elk Grove here.

Anyone have a mill by any chance?

greyfell
03-15-2010, 9:44 PM
Greyfell, in Pleasant Hill (East Bay). New to serious gun ownership; had a varmint gun 20 years ago, but was a dilettante. Willing to serve a booth/table. Everybody does photography these days, but I once was serious about it. I also do Max & PC support, aside from my telecommunications job.

evo+supra
03-16-2010, 2:53 PM
I am kinda in the middle so I will do a roll call i both locations.

evo+supra

Fairfield/vacaville

Air traffic control specialist, car enthusiast, and auto detailing specialist(I still do it on the side for fun and I am a vendor for it on other websites)

nelsooooo
03-16-2010, 10:20 PM
nelsoooo here an xPBC near Dugan. I am new to guns and I don't own one, yet. I'm here surfing to get informed as well as to get misinformed. I want a handgun for target shoot and home defense. Enjoys Lavazza Super Crema.

CrooksB
03-19-2010, 9:56 PM
CrooksB from Loma Rica N/E of Marysville near Collins lake. I enjoy hunting, fishing and shooting.

jo9phl
03-23-2010, 4:27 PM
jo9phl here in Folsom Ca., I am willing to do whatever I can.

steven_m64
03-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Steven_m64, im located in Sacramento and i enjoy the shooting sports as well as computer programming and web development. :)

Werewolf56
03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Give me a shout. If I'm in the area I'll probably turn up. I'm often gone huntin...Or fishin though. It's a tough job so I volunteered };>

anchorclanker
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Anchorclanker here- Sonoma County can help in Vallejo and Reno.
Camping, Hunting and shooting.
Give me a call....

Oldloader
03-29-2010, 8:56 AM
Cordova Shooting Center put me on to your site. Looking for M1 Garand officionados for tips and tricks, do's and don'ts and reloading. I really would like to get into some entry level competition shooting. From what research I have done it seems reloading for the M1 can be touchy for over loading but still reach out to 300 yds accurately. I understand the rifle should reach out to 1000 yds but I don't think I am up to that yet.
(I still have my NRA Pro Marksman medal from 1943. Do the math. LOL)
R.S.V.P.

WReyth
03-29-2010, 5:10 PM
Heard about this site over the past year, and finally got nudged to join by classmates at Stone Cobra Tactical. I'm a member of Folsom Shooting Club (Sacramento Valley Shooting Center) and try to make it out at least once a month. Been plinking since I was a kid, recently took up tactical courses after an old ROTC friend got me interested and told me where I should get my first AR-15. My main interest now is precision rifle. I started handloading a couple of summers ago and have been pursuing a perfect cartridge formula ever since.

mfroniewski
03-29-2010, 9:03 PM
mfroniewski here, checking in from Sacramento.

I own a Remington 700, 1911, and just picked up a Marlin .22. Currently a biology (pre-dental) student at CSUS, as well as a live-in caregiver, airsoft referee, and part-time dental assistant.

Awesome special talents: fixing cars, motorcycles, houses, guns, and everything else. I also enjoy playing airsoft, baking (yes, baking), teeth, and snowboarding

I'm also VERY VERY interested in learning me some hunting. Either big game or varmint. If you're a local who feels like showing someone the ropes, PM me!

-Mike

audi2539
03-30-2010, 7:21 AM
Alex from Orangevale

Mossberg 500 for home protection and looking for Beretta 92fs inox

School, work, kids - not much time for hobbies but I'm enjoying this site tremendously.

AmoAgave
04-02-2010, 4:46 PM
My first post and intro:

I live in the Pocket Area on the river (formerly lived in Folsom, Rocklin and Orangevale over the past 15 years). I grew up with guns and starting shooting at five years old. Fired my first 12ga at seven, and my first 30.06 at nine. Later I went in the Army and got to fire all kinds of cool things.

Then I just got out of shooting altogether.

I went plinking for the first time in over a decade down in AZ a few months ago and forgot how much I enjoyed it. I've been hitting up the Gun Store in EG lately for range time, and also heading up to the Red Bluff area on BLM land. I've really been enjoying myself again and plan on making more purchases soon. Which is how I ended up here.

You guys have a great forum. I've been lurking for a few months. It's nice to have CA specific questions and issues dealt with directly since so many of them are unique to our otherwise beautiful state.

I look forward to learning more and hopefully contributing. :thumbsup:

NorCalMama
04-05-2010, 5:16 PM
My first post and intro:

I live in the Pocket Area on the river (formerly lived in Folsom, Rocklin and Orangevale over the past 15 years). I grew up with guns and starting shooting at five years old. Fired my first 12ga at seven, and my first 30.06 at nine. Later I went in the Army and got to fire all kinds of cool things.

Then I just got out of shooting altogether.

I went plinking for the first time in over a decade down in AZ a few months ago and forgot how much I enjoyed it. I've been hitting up the Gun Store in EG lately for range time, and also heading up to the Red Bluff area on BLM land. I've really been enjoying myself again and plan on making more purchases soon. Which is how I ended up here.

You guys have a great forum. I've been lurking for a few months. It's nice to have CA specific questions and issues dealt with directly since so many of them are unique to our otherwise beautiful state.

I look forward to learning more and hopefully contributing. :thumbsup:

Welcome! :)

upchuck
04-05-2010, 7:02 PM
This is Chuck, screen name Upchuck because of my boat (self explained) I'm really enjoying this forum. I'm currently selling some purebred lab pups, and having a lot of interest, and a couple of buyers. I was turned on to this site by my neighbor who is a bow freak. I might be interested in getting involved in this. PM me if you are interested in me.

Shenaniguns
04-07-2010, 8:50 PM
I'm G34Shooter aka Shenaniguns and I live in the Elk Grove area. I'm an Office Manager for a small private security/investigation company and I have my first baby due in mid September :) I prefer to shoot at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center when I have the chance which is not very often :(

NorCalTommy
04-07-2010, 9:33 PM
Tommy from Roseville. Shot recreational pistol much earlier in life, didn't touch a firearm again until about last year. Now getting into trap. Hope to meet some of you out at the range!

Smoooth
04-08-2010, 7:48 PM
Hey everyone! Another local from Sacramento.

Currently own a Walther P22 and a recently purchased AK-47 from norse armory in woodland. Looking to add a XD 9mm to my collection soon.

Have been shooting since i was in scouts. Hobbies include computers, snowboarding, guns, cooking, cars, and dogs.

Looking forward to talking to everyone on the forums, and have already learned alot on here.

kralcniloc
04-08-2010, 9:49 PM
Colin, from Davis/Woodland, living in Natomas area now.
own a Ruger 10/22, used to own some other guns (1911, xd .40, Remington 700) but sold them to move back to California. I'm picking up an AR in a couple weeks, and do a lot of 10/22 work for my friends. looking forwards to this great resource.

dud_dude71
04-10-2010, 5:30 PM
Rob on Rancho Cordova, have been shooting on and off since i was 18 in canada, have done some hunting mainly pheasant, would like to hunt bigger game as well as ducks and goose, interests in motorcycles also, would like to help out where i can
Thanks

garrett916
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey fellow calguners the name is garrett. i live in sac and im in the private security industry and love guns

garrett916
04-12-2010, 11:54 AM
o ya and i love cars and motorcycles

NorCal*Shooter
04-12-2010, 4:53 PM
I'm from South Sacramento. I don't really have any tricks, trades or talents. Whatever my objective is, I usually just wing it and most the time, I come out lucky.

I like guns of course. I have a glock 19, hk p2000sk, an AR, a halfway built AR, a couple more AR stripped lowers, 4 AK lowers, a couple HK94 OLL's, an AR10 OLL, GSG-5SD, pellet gun, side handle baton, a couple CS grenades and I'm probably forgetting some stuff but you get the idea. I need a bigger safe.
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/260/431/5031

howbobert
04-15-2010, 12:05 PM
New Here. Heard about this site from other people I know. Live in Placerville and work for the State. Was into guns a long time ago, and just got back into them about 7 years or so ago. Have my FFL '03 and prefer wood over plastic. But I do have some plastic. I'm not sure what I can contribute or how much time I can contribute. But if I am available, I will show up.

dpitts
04-19-2010, 8:27 PM
New to the site, but I've been shooting since I was 8 or so. Not much age regulation in the sticks of Mississippi 40+ years ago. :) I'm interested mostly in hand guns, but my nephews have gotten me into skeet with a 16 gauge. I'm near midtown Sac.

California Major
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Sacramento area, right here --

spdlinegsr28
04-25-2010, 6:58 PM
spdlinegsr28 in Elk Grove

I'm in logisitcs / transportation ----> but still in search of my real calling..

So if you need help moving something from point A ----> B, vial air, land and sea---Domestic or International--->I'm your man!!

Besides being busy with my 1month old twins, I can't get enough going to the range and shoot with the boys!!!

gh916
04-27-2010, 9:07 PM
gh916 here checking in from elk grove.

noobish at shooting a gun, professional at shooting a camera. commercial photographer & digital consultant by trade.

Rigma
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Welcome! A good camera man is essential for range clean-ups to document the event, so good to have you aboard!

gh916 here checking in from elk grove.

noobish at shooting a gun, professional at shooting a camera. commercial photographer & digital consultant by trade.

WAP
04-28-2010, 8:43 PM
My name's Les and I live in Natomas. Shoot mostly pistols, mostly 1911s.

Lateralus
04-29-2010, 1:56 AM
My name's Les and I live in Natomas. Shoot mostly pistols, mostly 1911s.

Hi Les!

How's Brandon doing?

Ed_in_Sac
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Ed from Sacramento. Will help political candidates running for office who support 2a rights by walking, posting signs, or working phones....have experience!

kumanj
04-29-2010, 3:51 PM
Hello all, my name is Jeff, aka kumanj. I'm new to Cal Guns. Learned about the site from one of the sales guys at the Gun Room in Elk Grove. I was there using the range yesterday and asked about selling one of my guns. I have recently acquired 3 handguns.

1.) Beretta 92D 9mm (Handed down from my father)

2.) Ruger GP100 .357 mag, 4" barrel, Stainless Steel with Pacmyer Grips (purchased from a friend) THIS ONE IS FOR SALE!!!!

3.) Virginian Dragoon .44 mag, Stainless Steel (Also Handed down from my dad) Looking for a new grips for this one, Pacmyer of Hogue

Now that I have handguns in my house my wife is a bit freaked out as she has never been exposed to guns. We are scheduled to take the handgun safety course at Rancho Cordova Shooting Center next month and hopefully this will alleviate some of her stress.

I am looking to sell my Ruger GP100 .357mag for about $450.00 so I can buy myself a Beretta 92FS 9mm Inox. I really want a new one but will definately consider a used one in good condition.

Using this site to get info, hopefully sell the Ruger, Find myself a Beretta 92FS and assorted items, ammo, etc.

Barabas
04-29-2010, 7:37 PM
I've been lurking around here for quite a while, live within hearing distance of the Lake Natoma gate horns, and like to explore my local area for hidden treasures of all types. I'm a native son, born and raised in the Central Valley and enjoy all of the natural features our lovely, politically misguided state has on offer.

If you have any questions about the mechanics of early firearms, I have a bit of experience in building matchlock and flintlock mechanisms. I like to build things from scratch, up to and including making my own iron from ore and dabble in lots of early technologies. If we have to start over, I can get us to the mid 17th century, with a little help from my friends. :chris:

I look forward to meeting, and in some cases re-meeting, local firearm enthusiasts!

WAP
04-30-2010, 8:30 AM
Hi Les!

How's Brandon doing?

He's fine thanks.
So much for internet anonymity

Lateralus
04-30-2010, 6:12 PM
He's fine thanks.
So much for internet anonymity

:)

Nothing sinister, I used to play at WAP alot. It's good to see you on the boards!

duldej
05-02-2010, 9:30 PM
hi my name is jason. i live in sac county. i don't own a gun. i have a degree in psychology. i'm a licensed process server. i'm making sure my rights are in place for now. 'been lurking for several weeks.

5511speed
05-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi, New guy from Citrus Heights, I have been lurking for a bit wanted to introduce myself. I have been hunting since I was a kid, spent 6yrs Navy. getting back into shooting ,plan on becoming a contributing member of this post, but definitely need to gain some more knowledge.would like to find more place's too shoot than Cordova or Sac valley, know of any with in a hours drive or so, willing to help out anyway I can, if anyone knows of one let me know.

Dangerpin
05-02-2010, 10:36 PM
The Gun Room towards Elk Grove is a good place to shoot. Make sure to bring more ammo than you think you'll need as their ammo prices are still quite high.

garrett916
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
im looking for a good out door spot to go shooting. where i can bring all kinds of guns and not worry about people complaining about rapid fire or what ever. does anybdy know of any good spots?

CaliforniaLiberal
05-03-2010, 1:25 PM
Find BLM land off of Hwy 50 100 miles past Carson City.

Dangerpin
05-03-2010, 4:44 PM
It seems to me that (granted, this was years ago) there was some BLM land up by Nyack off of 80 that was approved for shooting as long as it wasn't too dry, you use paper targets and clean up your range and had a good backstop. Anyone aware of a good way to find information on if this is still permissible?

I think it was up the logging roads at the Emigrant Gap Road exit. This would be significantly closer.

WAP
05-03-2010, 7:19 PM
Just supposing that someone had some property, 30 minutes from Sac, where you could shoot whatever, all by yourself, up to 100 yards, for three hours.
What would that be worth?

duldej
05-03-2010, 9:54 PM
jason here. i submitted a pfec document today by mail.
i ran into trouble the last time i tried to buy a gun so i'm avoiding conflict this time some.

garrett916
05-04-2010, 10:09 AM
thier has to be some place where you can just shoot within 30 minutes of sac

duldej
05-05-2010, 7:38 PM
i'm looking to buy a .22 pistol but i don't want trouble with the law. i'm on summary probation for a non-violent misdemeanor but there's a stipulation in my probation terms that i can use a gun so long as my employment warrants the use. any advice is appreciated.

Lateralus
05-05-2010, 8:15 PM
i'm looking to buy a .22 pistol but i don't want trouble with the law. i'm on summary probation for a non-violent misdemeanor but there's a stipulation in my probation terms that i can use a gun so long as my employment warrants the use. any advice is appreciated.

Employment warrants it? Seriously?

You can always check with the DOJ if you are eligible. I am not a lawyer, and your probation might affect you.

Lateralus
05-05-2010, 8:18 PM
Just supposing that someone had some property, 30 minutes from Sac, where you could shoot whatever, all by yourself, up to 100 yards, for three hours.
What would that be worth?

About a case of beer and some ammo from me :)

Opus109
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Hello from Folsom. Attorney. Interested in the politics of concealed carry. Father of two.

SixPointEight
05-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Don't know why I haven't posted here.

From Carmichael, engineering student and work at CVS when I can get hours to support my habit. Into reloading and pushing for CCW!

duldej
05-06-2010, 1:39 AM
i like to keep track of this sort of thing so it was miraculous when i discovered out of the blue a dros from the first and last time that i purchased/tried to purchase a berretta tomcat in september of 2009.
it appears i passed the safe handling demonstration.
i didn't know it at the time but i was a fugitive from justice so i couldn't take delivery on the gun.

MadtactiX
05-06-2010, 7:55 AM
MadtactiX- Sacramento

WAP
05-06-2010, 8:30 AM
About a case of beer and some ammo from me :)

That's what I was thinking. I will have to see if I can work it out.

Seahawk
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Jeff here: North Central Valley - Modesto. Currently, self-employed Project Manager...looking for other opportunities. (Economy, or lack there of, driving new job search). Many professional skills in public works supervision and private sector plant engineering / facilities maintenance. Love my wife and kids, shooting sports, bow madness and bass fishing.

Barabas
05-06-2010, 2:37 PM

Pardner, you should be asking these questions in the 2nd amendment forum, you'll get better, faster answers there.

NorCalMama
05-06-2010, 2:52 PM
Pardner, you should be asking these questions in the 2nd amendment forum, you'll get better, faster answers there.

^^^ This ^^^

I was going to address this.

Anyone who has 2nd Amendment, Marketplace, OT related stuff, please post in the appropriate forum. We need to keep this on topic-checking in, location, etc. It will help keep things flowing smoothly. PLUS, if you post non related things here, you're not likely to get much, if any response.

Thanks so much everyone! :)

BNuge
05-06-2010, 8:34 PM
Hi I'm brad I'm 23, blonde with blue eyes, and I like long walks on the beach. and shooting :) haha. I go to college and work at a shooting range.

Elduke
05-07-2010, 4:28 PM
Hello...South Sacramento
retired LEO here....active member on the 1911forum.

I could use some coaching because I am shooting all over the place with my GI 1911. :eek:

Hello I live in Sacramento and I would love to educate people that firearms are not dangerous and that we need to protect our Second Amendment Rights.

Lateralus
05-07-2010, 5:23 PM
Hi I'm brad I'm 23, blonde with blue eyes, and I like long walks on the beach. and shooting :) haha. I go to college and work at a shooting range.

Which one? The range I mean.

Did you go to High School around here? I'm 23 as well, we might have been at the same school.

BNuge
05-07-2010, 6:52 PM
I work at Cordova and went to Bella Vista. You?

Saint1970
05-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Saint here; I live in Fair Oaks, CA-- I have to .40 cal-- H&K USP full size and Para Ordnance S16 limited-- new to the sport and I love it

Lateralus
05-08-2010, 1:50 PM
I work at Cordova and went to Bella Vista. You?

Rio for me.

One of the guys at Cordova, Mike, used to work with me at Outback Steakhouse. Good guy.

BNuge
05-09-2010, 7:09 AM
Yeah Mike is a cool guy. Hit him up when you come shooting out there, I'm sure he'd hook it up.

Lateralus
05-09-2010, 1:31 PM
Yeah Mike is a cool guy. Hit him up when you come shooting out there, I'm sure he'd hook it up.

Oh, trust me, I'm aware haha:)

JanG
05-09-2010, 2:39 PM
Stockton... yea I know

RIA 1911 Tactical and currently deciding on which wheelgun and caliber to get.

wrs916
05-11-2010, 8:13 PM
wrs916/Bill here. .

East Sacramento/Rosemont.

Medically retired Engineer/Medic of 9 years (Medically retired in 2003 due to a severe on duty spine injury). PC 832 certified as well as being a class A CDL holder for 20 years. Prior to all of that fun I was Army for 4 years. Currently, I'm a commercial driving/skills instructor here in Sacramento.

Been with my wife Jenn for going on 11 years this year. We don't have an children other than our "Furry kids". The wife has been battling Ewings Sarcoma/PNET cancer since 2009 and has been on dialysis since 12/2012 due to complications from the cancer.

Other than shooting and fishing, I enjoy working on my diesel pickup, cars, motorcycles, mountain biking, hiking, video gaming and RC cars/helos.

Uhhlexxxis
05-12-2010, 3:10 AM
West Sacramento, CA here...

currently LE in Santa Cruz... and no I don't commute. Sac will always be home.

Clipity
05-12-2010, 6:26 AM
Citrus Heights
I'm married and have 6 kids 1 boy and 5 girls, work for SJUSD, enjoy watching and participating in most motorsports, shooting and have just started reloading. If anyone here has a CR500 you may know me from the Cr500riders forum.

Shintao
05-12-2010, 7:21 AM
Shintao-Sacramento (Specifically Roseville)

I work in politics, I figure I should work to change things from the inside. If I can I'll help CG with booths, cleanups or whatever.

duldej
05-17-2010, 8:15 PM
hi, jason. i am a licensed process server. i work, usually, for attorneys or private investigators. hardly working at the moment....
i guess it's the economy.

savageno4
05-18-2010, 9:09 PM
savageno4 - travel, writing, photography, military surplus rifles and AR15s.

Specialized skills I can lend the chapter? I'm a pretty good writer and editor...I can put that journalism degree and job experience to use for something productive maybe?

I live in Roseville but am looking to move to Midtown Sacramento in July.

duldej
05-19-2010, 7:55 PM
jason here again. i got my pfec back today and it's a go.
i'm shopping now for my first gun!
i'm excited about it.
i'm going to get a .22 pistol, and shoot targets 'til i get good.

savageno4
05-19-2010, 9:59 PM
jason here again. i got my pfec back today and it's a go.
i'm shopping now for my first gun!
i'm excited about it.
i'm going to get a .22 pistol, and shoot targets 'til i get good.

Ruger MkII or MkIII is excellent. Walther P22 is great if you want a tactical-looking one. I've got both, but I prefer the Walther because the mag release is easier (the Ruger drops mags like a P-38 or a Luger), and the grip is closer to 90 degrees, as opposed to the swept grip of the Ruger. I always find myself pointing the Ruger too high on initial draw-down, but the Walther feels like my USP or M1911A1.

duldej
05-19-2010, 10:17 PM
thanks alot, savageno4. that's exactly what i wanted to ask, and those brands, too, in particular.:)

savageno4
05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
thanks alot, savageno4. that's exactly what i wanted to ask, and those brands, too, in particular.:)

No problem. If you haven't bought one by late June, you're welcome to shoot mine. I'll be out of the country for the next month, though. The thing that sucks about the P22 is that you have to get a P22CA - which means no barrel changing because, oh heaven forbid, they make a threaded barrel for it. I liked the idea of changing from a 3" to a 5" and back, but I just went with the 5" since I can't change them.

tacticalcity
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
If I haven't checked in already, mark me down as present and accounted for.

tacticalcity
05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Bill here.

East Sacramento.

Medically retired Engineer/Medic of 9 years. PC 832 certified. Full BSIS PI & armed officer certified. Currently a full time caregiver to my fiance'.

I eat red meat, believe in the lord our God, severely loathe liberals (Not limited to only Feinstein, Boxer & Pelosi) and own many, many, many, many firearms.

I absolutely LOVE the avatar!

ZenDaddy
05-20-2010, 7:52 PM
Hi all.
This will be my first post as a calguns member. I am new to the area, moved here from SLC in Feb and am realizing how I took my former states gun laws for granted. I am happy to be here but am appalled at the attitude toward the 2nd in the politico.

anyway.. My name is Michael, I live in Folsom, I am an engineering student at Sierra College / SAC State, I am an award winning BBQ amateur and I love my guns almost as much as I love my wife and I love my wife a lot.

Glad to be aboard

slayant
05-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Sacramento (borderline Elk Grove) here. Hobbies include car wrenching, gaming, and now, guns :D

Dagdason
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Doc here, checking in from Citrus Heights. C&R collector, shooter for fun. I.T. guy from way back, like to plink, want to hunt (time always a factor). Teenage daughter wants to join in. Would like to learn to proper sight what guns I have, optical and mechanical.

pyromensch
05-25-2010, 8:31 PM
arden-arcade, (hopefully to be a city) area, (sacramento county) ex jarhead, ex security guard, current mailman, (there is a headline in there somewhere)

chuck

Socom16Fan
05-25-2010, 9:12 PM
El Dorado Hills Resident here. Multiple caliber AR, AK, H&K, and 1911's are my current toys. Professionally employed in Business Development. Single Dad, and 7MO Choc Lab owner.

AIMSMALL
05-25-2010, 9:48 PM
Hey I'm Jerry from North County San Diego Area (San Marcos), I work at a motorcycle shop so PM me for deals on parts etc. etc. I also work on bikes if you have anything that needs some TLC, I will work for guns, ammo, cash or ?

Applehaus21st
05-28-2010, 2:01 PM
Check-in from Lodi/Stockton. State employee, family man, gun loving, and law abiding citizen at times. I'm looking for part-time job to fund my shooting hobby.

Used to compete at Sac Valley - IDPA and NCPS. But due to lack of funds, thanks to the governor for taking 15% of my check each month, I can no longer afford it.

LET-CA
05-28-2010, 4:57 PM
LET-CA - - - Sacramento (Arden area) Feeding my firearms a steady diet of my hand-cast bullets. Favorite shooters are a S&W 627-0 Model of 1989 (357 magnum) and a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 magnum. I enjoy fishing, camping and gardening along with shooting sports. It seems like I rarely get a chance to do much of anything other than work anymore, but in this economy I am extremely grateful to be able to work at a good company. I work in the Defense industry and travel just enough to keep it interesting.

TNP'R
05-31-2010, 12:59 AM
hey im in north highlands, orginally from tennessee and im kinda in shock at the crazy gun laws there is here, i just want to let you all know that i support the nra, and calguns efforts in getting these laws reversed.

no matter how many laws they put in place the criminals will always get guns, the lawmakers dont understand that, they are taking the guns away from law abiding responsible citizens not the criminals.

what are we suppose to do as law abiding citizens? let the criminals carry the "evil" weapons while we get cut down? the lawmakers make no sense at all.

superjc
05-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Joe here, 35, North Sac area, Likes my PTR-91, M1A's, and FAL etc.... would like to meet some fellow calgunners esp. the kind who know all about reloading! May be moving to the 80/antelope area in a few weeks.

badandy
06-20-2010, 10:07 PM
BA... Another from GALT... work in N.Highlands at the base as an Aircraft Technician, 20yrs under my belt. Handling guns, hunting deer, squirrels, rabbits, partridge, quail... since '78 or so.

Howdy!

ignorant_k9
06-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Sacramento/Rio Linda areas here......(yeah, I know the stigmas ;) )

Just getting back into shooting and willing to help where I can

;)

sfonelson
06-24-2010, 2:34 PM
Hey Everyone! My name is Scott and I live in Elk Grove. I am 31 and work for the great State of California!

I'll tell Arnold you all say hello.

Stonewalker
06-24-2010, 2:58 PM
Checking in here, Midtown Sacramento. I'm a network QA tech. Considering going back to school for engineering of some sort, probably mechanical or computer. Thanks for doing what you do calguns. I look forward to participating.

CriticallyStressed
06-27-2010, 7:47 AM
My handle is "CriticallyStressed". I'm a Mechanical Engineer working in the Davis/Dixon area. My interests include gunsmithing and refinishing, homebuilds, etc.

I can't believe it took me this long to find the Sacto Area Forum.

rromeo
06-27-2010, 8:02 AM
I'm now checking out. On Tuesday, I officially depart the state.

Lateralus
06-28-2010, 3:16 AM
I'm now checking out. On Tuesday, I officially depart the state.

No! You have to have a friend sign up in your place, that is the new rule.

Remember to send me pictures when you get that receiver working.

RANash
07-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm Richard Nash. I live in Fairfield, right smack in between the Bay Area and Sacramento. I'm a computer systems engineer, a former NRA certified pistol instructor (certification expired), NRA and CRPA life member, and contributor to CGF.

fresnohunter
07-01-2010, 12:34 PM
43 father/husband living in Roseville and working as a ER RN. Love the outdoors, hunting, shooting , fishing. Recently bought a compound bow and learning about that hunting. Born in South Texas and raised for the most part in Tn. Any other Calgun members in the area enjoy deer hunting?

Arreaux
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm Mark and Live in Lodi. Will be 49 this year. Been married to my wife Cindy now for 26 years. Have two children and one grandchild. I've been in the sign industry for over 30 years. I presently do the engineering drawings for a company in Stockton.

Enjoy just about any outdoor activities from Fishing to four wheeling. I just got my wife in to shooting and she likes it.

Scott Connors
07-03-2010, 4:13 PM
I'm 53 years old and a registered nurse, although I also edit works of science fiction and fantasy. I spent 10 years in the Army (6 active + 4 Reserves) as a tanker and MP, and I live in Yuba County.

Andy Taylor
07-04-2010, 6:45 AM
My real name is Ray.
I was an Asst. Manager at the late, great "Branden's Gun Sales and Indoor Range" in Rancho Cordova for those of you who have been around long enough to remember that. I can still occasionally be found behind the counter of Branden's current store, "Wild Bill's Old West Trading Post" in Elk Grove.
I am married with two grown son's. They live in my house in North Sac. My wife and I currently live in Rancho Cordova.
I work for a funeral escort company and get paid to ride a motorcycle. My wife is an RN.

staehlin180
07-04-2010, 10:29 AM
My names Eric, currently in Carmichael, about to be attending Sac State in the fall as a Construction management major. Currently under/unemployed, (drafter working in landscaping/construction). Just another broke college student struggling to support my expensive habits of guns, snowboarding and a supra

kount53
07-14-2010, 9:39 PM
Capt. Neal Baker, lifelong diehard fisherman and hunter. I live in midtown sac, I have a 100 ton captians license and run a crew boat in the oil fields off the santa barbara coast. I'm new to calguns and support the cause.

EvlMdnghtBmr
07-16-2010, 9:00 AM
My name is Josh and I'm located in the Natomas area of Sacramento. I've done a little bit of shooting, but only just bought my first firearm (there WILL be more). I work for the state, so I don't have any particularly useful SKILLS, but I'd be glad to help out with things as time permits.

PositiveInfluence
07-17-2010, 5:44 PM
PositiveInfluence here!
Currently an Armed Security Officer looking for work!

The BEAR
07-21-2010, 9:14 PM
BEAR
Colfax
Tons 'O Guns
Donate as much as I can

Own a small business.

Please let me know if I can help our area in any way and I will do my best to make it happen.

sharxbyte
07-23-2010, 6:02 AM
Sharxbyte here, Sacramento area

I'm a techy, And I'm really good at taking things apart and putting them back together properly.

frankDmole
07-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Frank, Grass Valley
Telecom Engineer, Avaya phone systems. Also a DIY why pay someone to do something that I can do.
Willing to help out CGN when time permits, also will help on Range cleanups, I have a pickup truck and tools.

Newshooter
07-23-2010, 3:19 PM
Checking in from Folsom. New to pistol shooting and will soon be buying my first handgun. I am an avid shotgunner (all clay disciplines) and love to bird and big game hunt. My favorite hunting buddy is my yellow lab.

CA-Engr
07-24-2010, 10:04 AM
CA-Engr - Cameron Park. 22-250, experimenting with reloading. Trying to figure out what is me and what is the gun.

1sicv8
07-28-2010, 10:52 PM
been lurking, new to posting on here...

fairly new gun owner. glad to find a place with so much great info.

bertdigity
07-29-2010, 11:31 AM
bertdigity from natomas, sac

acetactical
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Just created my Calguns account, been a voyeur too long.

I've been in Folsom for the last few years, Amador County (Jackson/Pine Grove)before that.

I currently work as an instructor for handgun/shotgun/rifle but am soon to start my own business. Wish me luck! Any input/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Look forward to good company, thanks!

adrenaline
08-03-2010, 9:24 PM
adrenaline from Natomas, Sacramento (born and raised in Maui, Hawaii). Got my first handgun (USP 9mm fullsize) this year. So far I've been to the range twice with it and put 400 rounds down range. Want to do some IDPA matches. Also want to meet up with some CalGunners who like to do hikes on National Forests / BLM land who won't be weirded out that I'm holstered.

Actually, I'm planning a Mt. Ralston hike soon....!

I like the discussions (both on and off topic) in these forums. This place is pretty cool.

mw20
08-05-2010, 2:41 PM
Checking in from Sac for now. Hope to be back in the hills of Placerville soon.

I currently work as an accountant in a public CPA firm. Hopefully will become a bonifide CPA soon.

I've loved guns all my life. Historical and current. I've been lurking on this site for a long time, but have kinda been MIA in the sport for a while. But I've been able to get back into it in the last year and I'm loving every minute of it. This is an awesome site and I'm glad to now be an official part of it.

ets4life
08-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Just got off active duty,living in sacramento,currently enjoying being unemployed,usally bored and dont have much to do so if somebody can get an ar shoot together ill be there.also have lots of accesories and some really good ammo that i have "aquired" from my former job,let me know always up for a trade.First person to PM gets them, 100 rounds of the real deal 5.56 62 grain steel core, green tipped, penetrating rounds,for those that dont know they will go through 2 level3a plates and 2 layers of kevlar with 1 round.i personally did this for a test with some other rounds, they are amazing,anyways there cheap and just want to share the joy :)
$35.00

2 and a half ar 15s

PapeCAT
08-08-2010, 9:45 PM
PapeCAT here from Sacramento. I work in commercial Aviation/Panasonic In Flight entertainment systems. I have a degree in music performance from UCLA, and an A&P certificate. Lately I have been working 70-80 hours a week 7 days a week with 24/7 call + I am on salary = interesting combo.

Still reading up on all of the info here.

Interested in making it out to Sac Valley, been to the local ranges a bunch of times recently as well.

I have been active in the Dodge Cummins diesel forums for the past 5 years or so and have met a lot of the local guys with pre -94 dodge diesel trucks in the area.

I'm also an ex collegiate racing cyclist and currently putting in a lot of days riding the bike path up to the fish hatchery or Folsom lake.

I'm also Married with no kids (yet)

Willing to help out, have a pickup/tools/etc as well.

DUKE NUKEM
08-10-2010, 9:11 AM
Looking for a winter home in Grass Valley in the agricultural areas where I can keep horses and the wife can grow roses and raise some chickens.
My summers, spring and late fall will soon be spent in Montana.
I shoot mostly lever guns now.

motoxracer42
08-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Looking for a winter home in Grass Valley in the agricultural areas where I can keep horses and the wife can grow roses and raise some chickens.
My summers, spring and late fall will soon be spent in Montana.
I shoot mostly lever guns now.

im from sutter. duke you should check out this area. i have horses and chickens out front and we are in an agricultural area. we farm 5500 acres here. I shoot long rifles and shotguns. im horrible with handguns but i try lol.

DUKE NUKEM
08-15-2010, 3:45 AM
im from sutter. duke you should check out this area. i have horses and chickens out front and we are in an agricultural area. we farm 5500 acres here. I shoot long rifles and shotguns. im horrible with handguns but i try lol.

Glad you found a happy spot to reside Moto. We are more into the forest theme though. Thanks for the reply. ;)

csdbigboss13
08-16-2010, 1:09 AM
csdbigboss13 here in South Sacramento. NRA life member, Guns, cars, guitars. Love to fix and modify!

rocker
08-16-2010, 9:05 PM
rocker in Todd Valley/Foresthill. Happy to join in and assist where I can. Thanks!

kinger
08-17-2010, 10:03 PM
kinger
Galt
I work for nugget markets
I just finished my first AR build today!! I also own 2 handguns springfield xd 40 cal and a beretta 40 cal.

arbronco
08-19-2010, 3:24 PM
arbronco is checking in from Carmichael. I'm a hunter(love waterfowl), a shooter and try to be outdoors as much as possible. Trade is: C7 low voltage contractor.

NRA Life Member
LRC member

duldej
08-19-2010, 5:31 PM
Jason Here. I am the proud owner of my first gun, a ruger 22/45 that I picked-up today.

I want to join a gun club, and am considering folsom, but the fees are $150.00/year which is maybe pricey.

godwearsblack
08-26-2010, 8:03 PM
godwearsblack here from north highlands/Sacramento and im a manger of the largest pawn shop here in the Sacramento area so message me or stop into capital city loan and jewelry

duldej
08-28-2010, 9:23 PM
hi jason again. i just got back from cordova shooting center where i fired a gun for the first time :) i joined the nra last week. now i'm an old hand ;) anybody see "the wild one" last night? great flick.

welchy
08-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Modesto. Teacher by trade. Willing to help as needed.

Jclay510
08-31-2010, 7:28 AM
Sacramento- Service Manager by day. GUn Nut by night. Well really all the time.

Grew up in Texas with 75 acres as my playground. Hunting Fishing you name it! Those were the days!

rspeed9i6
09-01-2010, 5:37 PM
hey guys, rspeed from the sacramento area. calguns forum has helped me build my first ar15!

looking to help out as much as i can and looking forward to shooting with you guys some day!

j.primo
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
San Jose Bay Area

joems
09-13-2010, 6:34 PM
Carmichael here, have a 5y.o. who keeps me on my toes and one coming soon in Apr '11.
Inventory Control Specialist, Forklift (stand up) and Order picker Certified =)

Andy Taylor
09-21-2010, 6:34 AM
Andy Taylor here in Rancho Cordova. guns and motorcycles.

Deft
09-27-2010, 7:31 PM
Hey everyone, a brand new shooter here. A friend of mine introduced me to the joys of shooting when I visited him in Colorado. About to pick up my first pistol this week!

While I'm on the waiting period, I've been looking for a range to shoot at here in the Sac area but there don't seem to be that many. Can anyone recommend me some?

Oh a little about me I guess, I've worked in the computer science/engineering field for a while: sun micro, a short research stint at SPAWAR, Intel and finally started my own company :)

Opakus
09-28-2010, 5:24 PM
Lucas here from El Dorado Hills. I've been lurking around for over a year now so it's about time I found this forum. I grew up around guns and finally started my own collection a few years ago. Recently I completed my first AR style rifle with a big help from the info here on CalGuns. I work in the financial advising & insurance industry with local businesses and families, let me know if I can help. I also love building computers and gaming with my girlfriend when I can find time.

Anubis Laughed
09-28-2010, 8:22 PM
I'm Brad, born & raised in SoCal, US Army vet, now living & working in Sacramento. I love milsurp and antique military firearms, especially long guns. Also into history, art, swords, and travelling (at least, when I can...)

415 STAG 916
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Shaun here, They call me the BLAZN ASIAN! ha, not. Like Mr Andy Taylor Said "GUNS & MOTORCYCLES" Pocket native.. Love sacramento & most everyone in it ;)

mrzippo
09-29-2010, 6:56 AM
mrzippo - Glock armor and good at helping with range clean up
Looking for a place to shoot plates

Amendment II
10-01-2010, 8:22 PM
Cameron Park checkin' in!!!

NotEnufGarage
10-02-2010, 5:56 AM
Tom here in Carmichael. Glock shooter and Mini-14 plinker.

Software developer by trade, Mopar mechanic / restorer as a hobby. Also pretty good at home improvement, all phases.

kenko
10-02-2010, 2:38 PM
Karl from Woodland check'in in.
New Calgunner, medical field, DIY'er, can help out but need enough notice.

nohsp4u
10-02-2010, 6:32 PM
Hello all, i am new to this site. I became a member to sell or trade a Handgun, WOW! what a site.

I live in Foresthill and i work in construction, i also own my own Locksmith business.