View Full Version : Kel Tec SU-16 Still legal in California?

c good
12-28-2005, 7:42 PM

12-28-2005, 7:45 PM
Kel Tec SU 16 CA Model should be legal for purchase in California after 1/01/2006. You should be o.k..

12-28-2005, 7:49 PM
Hi Everyone:
I've picked through some treads that have hinted to the SU-16 (Ca version) no longer being legal in California after the first of the new year. Is this true? Is the SU-16 still legal to purchase now and/or after Jan 1st, 2006? Thanks for any input on this. c good

What you heard was complete nonsense. Barring a court hearing (I am not 100 percent sure, but they might be able to add it the AW list like the SKS with detachable mag (which does not fit the feature ban but is still listed) or new legislation, it is still legal. And there was no new law this year.

12-28-2005, 8:59 PM
I just acquired a B-model and I really like it. It shoots far better than a mini-14 out of the box, and I can use the big stack of M-16 mags I had laying around. I put a red-dot sight on mine and it shoots into 4" at 150 yards. The SU-16 is also very light and handy.

The SU-16 A, B and CA are completely legal here in the PRK. It can't be added to the AW list unless they also add a dozen or more sporting rifles that have been around for many years. It is exactly the same as far as "evil features" as the venerable Browning or Remington Deer rifles.

If you really want to check out a wild child, go to the Kel-Tec site and look at the pistol version....

12-29-2005, 12:29 AM
If gun banners are so damn hateful that they would add the m-1 carbine and the mini-14 to the federal AW (like some proposed), whats to keep them from adding these? Its the same rhetoric over and over just in a different tune..

I can hear it now:
"they don't have pistol grips or flash hiders, but they are "high" powered.":rolleyes: