PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know gunsmith specializing in milsurps in the LA area?

losangeles
12-28-2005, 2:41 PM
I just bought an SKS, M44, M91 and K31. Anybody know of gunsmiths specializing in milsurps in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks.

delloro
12-28-2005, 3:15 PM
none of those requires a gunsmith. shame on you!

but seriously, what are you looking for?

timmy8151
12-28-2005, 3:42 PM
Yeah what work do you need done? I own all of the same rifles and haven't needed a gunsmith. If you want to do common maintenance there are articles on: http://surplusrifle.com/

Also please do bubba any of these rifles.

JH2
12-28-2005, 6:53 PM
Also please do bubba any of these rifles.

Please DO NOT bubba any of these. I know they are yours, but they are so full of history. And they are worth chump-change when they have been altered!

Back to the original question. What exactly do you need? PM me if I can help you out.

Jim

losangeles
12-28-2005, 7:52 PM
Nothing in particular yet. I just wanted a resource. I plan on getting a C&R and start collecting these things. It's like with my other stuff, even routine things I can do myself, sometimes I prefer to pay somebody else to do it -- it's a time issue.

Yeah, I can take care of some things myself and it's educational to do so. But if there's a little problem here, or there, and I don't have time. It doesn't even need to be a big deal --- maybe disassemble and take all the cosmoline out and verify it's a good shooter.

Draven
12-29-2005, 1:11 AM
I know that Gunrunners in Duarte (less than 5 min from me) has a smith that does milsurps- I had him headspace check my Westinghouse Mosin.

losangeles
12-29-2005, 8:36 PM
I know that Gunrunners in Duarte (less than 5 min from me) has a smith that does milsurps- I had him headspace check my Westinghouse Mosin.

Thanks for that tip. I just checked on a google search and found the contact info:
Gunrunners, 2160 Huntington Dr, Duarte, 91010 - (626) 358-7711

I did a mapquest and it's 44 minutes away from me. I'll give them a call tomorrow.