PDA

View Full Version : pws enhanced buffer?

Erp
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
wassup Chris...
i have 2 of the older Addax Gpu uppers and although i have no problems with them;)...i am curious about this buffer and how it remedies carrier tilt. i do see the lip that supports the carrier,but seeing pix of carrier tilt reveals the damage to the tube to be past this point and actually a bit in the tube...am i missing something here? I need your insight bro.

Addax
01-17-2010, 10:58 PM
wassup Chris...
i have 2 of the older Addax Gpu uppers and although i have no problems with them;)...i am curious about this buffer and how it remedies carrier tilt. i do see the lip that supports the carrier,but seeing pix of carrier tilt reveals the damage to the tube to be past this point and actually a bit in the tube...am i missing something here? I need your insight bro.

Some piston systems exhibit signs of carrier tilt will normally show on the leading edge of the buffer tube/extension.

Depending on the design of the piston system, carrier tilt can be mild, medium or noticeable.

Most mfg's have tried remedy the symptoms of carrier tilt by incorporating bolt carriers that have enlarged pads at the rear of the carrier, to help in the overall transition of the carrier moving into the buffer tube.

The PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube has the leading edge of the buffer tube extending into the lower receiver, so that there is more of a support area under the rear of the bolt carrier to counteract the carrier tilt.

This Enhanced Buffer Tube will work with most any piston systems out on the market today.

Chris

Erp
01-18-2010, 8:10 AM
what about the dead blow buffer installed inside the tube,i currently run a tubbs spring and heavy buffer, would the fixed buffer affect anything? the reason i ask is some guy on a different forum was saying this would "gum everything up/mess up timing".
thanx Chris!

Addax
01-23-2010, 7:00 PM
what about the dead blow buffer installed inside the tube,i currently run a tubbs spring and heavy buffer, would the fixed buffer affect anything? the reason i ask is some guy on a different forum was saying this would "gum everything up/mess up timing".
thanx Chris!

I can't comment on this until I actually get one in for testing.

PWS is supposed to be shipping this next week.

I believe they are recommending mil-spec springs, but I can verify this next week.

Thanks,
Chris