PDA

View Full Version : Legality of Modern Blank Guns in CA?

iareConfusE
01-17-2010, 9:54 PM
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time posting on here. I've done a LOT of searching, both on these forums and just through google, and I haven't been able to find a good answer to my question.

Is it legal to purchase/own a blank firing replica in CA? I've been to a lot of replica firearm online stores, and some of them ship to CA, while others don't. The ones that do state that in order to comply with CA law, you must purchase a display case with it, so that the replica qualifies as a display piece. By now I know that it is legal to own one if you are using it for theatrical/reenactment purposes, however my purposes only include collecting replicas.

I actually already have one on order, but am now a little wary of going through with it. Before I call in to cancel the order, can anybody help clear this up for me?

Thank you.

jamesob
01-17-2010, 10:07 PM
it's legal. they are cap guns on steroids.

iareConfusE
01-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks,

Do you know if the "hi capacity" magazines that come with these blank guns are illegal? I know they're capable of holding more than 10 blanks, and was wondering if the law applied to these as well.

johnthomas
01-18-2010, 12:21 AM
I ordered one once. The only thing I had to do was order the display board along with it. I also bought a starter gun, looks like a 38 special and fires shotgun primers from a local gun shop and had no problems at all.

Quiet
01-18-2010, 3:26 PM
Thanks,

Do you know if the "hi capacity" magazines that come with these blank guns are illegal? I know they're capable of holding more than 10 blanks, and was wondering if the law applied to these as well.

The law applies to any ammunition feeding device.
This includes magazines for blank firing only guns.

curtisfong
01-18-2010, 3:27 PM
If you are a big movie studio, there are many exemptions already bought and paid for that you can take advantage of.