PDA

View Full Version : Ca Lowers

slickjoesd
12-27-2005, 7:44 AM
In one word, are you, or are you not allowed to transfer private party threw an FFL AR lowers such a VULCAN with a fixed mag? WHAT IS THE OUTCOME? :confused:

sintax
12-27-2005, 8:32 AM
you should have NO problems transfering a fixed mag vulcan. Go to your local Turners and they should have them in stock. You may also want to check out Fab10

bwiese
12-27-2005, 8:35 AM
If you can't read/understand the AR/AK FAQ you should stick with a FAB10 or a CA fixed-mag Vulcan.

Wumpscut223
12-27-2005, 8:42 AM
Haha +1. Bill is right.

TonyM
12-27-2005, 8:52 AM
I can read and understand it, its just packed with so much useless crap....

Useless crap? :confused:

Hmm.. I'm going with the thought that you don't understand why that "useless crap" is there. But calling it "useless crap" sure isn't very nice considering someone (Bill) worked on it for the people that need the information.

slickjoesd
12-27-2005, 9:41 AM
I am not saying it like that. It has a lot of good info on it, and how to do it right, including not to do a 80% which i was accually thinking about doing, since i have access to a Mach shop. But after reading that I will not.... He says "These designs were regarded as not having enough “AR-ness” to be categorized as assault weapons." for the vulcans, but is this going to change soon?

sintax
12-27-2005, 9:47 AM
He says "These designs were regarded as not having enough “AR-ness” to be categorized as assault weapons." for the vulcans, but is this going to change soon?

I have NO clue what you are asking. Are you saying vulcans are 80%?

sintax
12-27-2005, 12:09 PM
no, nothing is going to change for vulcans, go buy one.

Charliegone
12-27-2005, 2:30 PM
He's right, vulcans will not change or might change in the future depending on what our monkey's, ehmm I mean legislatures, will come up with next. The "ar-ness" means in other words that the receivers like the vulcan fixed mag and the fab 10 do not qualify as AW's simply because of the permanent fixed magazine. Since it is permanent (and not with just some screw that can be undone) it is not considered by the DOJ as an ar-15 receiver type.

Just like someone said, if you can't really understand it or are afraid of getting any other lower other than the fab10 or vulcan fm, than just stick with the vulcan, fab10 or the bushmaster if you can afford it.:D

slickjoesd
12-27-2005, 2:33 PM
there is a vulcan with a set screw, on the fourms i want to buy. i called around and went to a few ffls, and none of them even want to talk to me about transfering it, all i told them was "ar type vulcan made fix mag"

Charliegone
12-27-2005, 2:49 PM
Well, if it is not the one like this one..

http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=224&idp=1&his=0|1&cart_id=577087.2992

(with doj letter)

Probably not many will transfer it to you. You can buy and open well one, but you will have to find an ffl dealer willing to do the transfer. Just keep looking you will eventually get lucky and find an ffl who knows the law and do the transfer for you.

JS-M1A
12-27-2005, 7:39 PM
Well, if it is not the one like this one..

http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=224&idp=1&his=0|1&cart_id=577087.2992

(with doj letter)

Probably not many will transfer it to you. You can buy and open well one, but you will have to find an ffl dealer willing to do the transfer. Just keep looking you will eventually get lucky and find an ffl who knows the law and do the transfer for you.
This is what I am running in to.No one wants to touch these.
I really wanted another AR,but its beginning to look like I am SOL.