View Full Version : SKS Info?

01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I would love to have any info on my SKS that I've had quite awhile. Bought back in the 90.00 show your license days from a show in Sacramento. If anyone can add any info at all from the markings and pictures it would be great. ***Noticed that the pictures unless zoomed in hard to see*** Small size I guess in order to post.

Thanks in advance

01-17-2010, 1:08 PM
Hi Dave,

Those pictures are pretty small. You can post better pictures if you follow the directions in this thread...

From the tiny pictures to posted, it looks to be a Russian SKS in pretty good shape. They go for about $350 nowadays.

I'm not an SKS guru, but I'm pretty sure that scope mount is not original. Looks like a nice rifle. I'm sure if you posted some larger pictures someone could tell you more. For your next batch of pics try to focus closely on the proof marks. Russian proof marks make it easy to tell what factory they were produced at and in which year.

01-17-2010, 1:21 PM
hit up survivors sks board and you'll likely get more than you need in a much shorter amount of time.

01-17-2010, 2:16 PM
Thank you , will do

01-17-2010, 2:39 PM
Russian SKS, need pictures of the top of the receiver in order to tell where it was made.