PDA

View Full Version : I gues this is not legal in Cali

Palmaris
01-17-2010, 1:11 AM
http://www.zahal.org/FAB/kpos1.html
This looks like not legal in California, or am I wrong?

Cokebottle
01-17-2010, 1:25 AM
You would be correct.

Even with a locking magazine, that would be an SBR.

dragonbait1a
01-17-2010, 1:33 AM
No, it's illegal here.

Short Barreled Rifle both federally and state
California Assault Weapon. Centerfire Semiauto less then 30", Pistol Grip, folding stock, +detachable magazine.

The Federal SBR could be permitted if the state law didn't make it nearly impossible to get the prerequisite permits. And then the Assault Weapon law to add insult to injury.

Even owning it (not assembling it) is Constructive Possession on the SBR laws. I suppose if you found a 16"+ barrel that brought the overall length over 30" (possibly fixing the stock to accomplish this), then fixed the magazine somehow, you could build it. But as I understand, you could NEVER make the pistol back into a pistol. It would then be a rifle and putting it back into the original configuration makes it an SBR.

RGB

Quiet
01-17-2010, 7:57 AM
It's also not legal anywhere else in the USA, unless you have BATFE approval for a SBR.

tuolumnejim
01-17-2010, 9:12 AM
No, it's illegal here.

Short Barreled Rifle both federally and state
California Assault Weapon. Centerfire Semiauto less then 30", Pistol Grip, folding stock, +detachable magazine.

The Federal SBR could be permitted if the state law didn't make it nearly impossible to get the prerequisite permits. And then the Assault Weapon law to add insult to injury.

Even owning it (not assembling it) is Constructive Possession on the SBR laws. I suppose if you found a 16"+ barrel that brought the overall length over 30" (possibly fixing the stock to accomplish this), then fixed the magazine somehow, you could build it. But as I understand, you could NEVER make the pistol back into a pistol. It would then be a rifle and putting it back into the original configuration makes it an SBR.

RGB

Ok when did it go from 26" overall to 30"?

CitaDeL
01-17-2010, 9:15 AM
It appears to be ornamentation. Thank God it's illegal, because it looks way more deadlier than a regular Glock.

zhyla
01-17-2010, 9:38 AM
It appears to be ornamentation. Thank God it's illegal, because it looks way more deadlier than a regular Glock.

You don't understand, this was "tested in battle" and "based on combat experience".

elrcastor
01-17-2010, 10:04 AM

the federal min is 26" but ca is 30".

B Strong
01-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Not legal for mortals.

Legal for the few (In California) permitted to own it by state and federal law.

tombkeeper
01-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Somebody should tell the Israelis it's a bad idea to market anything here w/ "P.O.S" in the name

woodey
01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Still , it's pretty Bad ***

PatriotnMore
01-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Illegal, but oh so nice.

The Director
01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
God bless our lawmakers. All that plastic turned that harmless glock into a lethal kitten-killing child-orphaning monster. Thanks for saving us from ourselves!

Cokebottle
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
30" under California AW laws for centerfire semi-auto.
You can have a 26" rimfire, bolt-action, or pump shotgun.
26" for SBR
30" for AW... and this is an AW classification that cannot be complied with using a fixed magazine.

bigcalidave
01-17-2010, 3:23 PM
It looks too good. Unlike that Kriss super V from the other thread :P Remember if it looks cool, you can't have it. Besides, if this was legal anywhere, magpul could make their little folding gun.