PDA

View Full Version : Overnight shelter for gun rights activists.

nicki
01-16-2010, 1:52 PM
Guys,

We have a big state and we need to work together. I feel it would significantly help us if we could reduce the costs of getting involved.

If you are traveling a few hundred miles, more than likely you are going to stay overnight at where you are at.

This means you either crash at someone's house or you rent a motel.

So my question to fellow calgunners is this.

If people are coming from other parts of the state to participate in gun rights events in your area, would you let them crash at your house.

By crashing I mean let them bring a sleeping bag and then clean up the next day so that they could drive home.

Please take poll, feel free to leave comments, suggestions etc?

Nicki

oaklander
01-16-2010, 1:54 PM
Calgunners are always welcome at my house~!

D53
01-16-2010, 1:57 PM
edit: no more jokes from me

bigcalidave
01-16-2010, 2:49 PM
^^^^ Silly?

D53
01-16-2010, 3:11 PM
^^^^ Kestryll?

sorry to hurt your feelings.

radioburning
01-16-2010, 3:13 PM
I'd let any of the regular posters crash at my place as long as I recognized them as active participants on this site. I wouldn't let some guy called "Machete Killer", who just joined yesterday, stay at my house.

jaymz
01-16-2010, 4:51 PM
I would open my doors to all Calgunners for the most part.

Dmitri76
01-16-2010, 4:54 PM
I'd let any of the regular posters crash at my place as long as I recognized them as active participants on this site. I wouldn't let some guy called "Machete Killer", who just joined yesterday, stay at my house.

What Radioburning said ^^^

professorhard
01-16-2010, 4:56 PM

This about sums it up for me as well.

Seesm
01-16-2010, 5:31 PM
Ahh that is sad Machete killer or MK as we called him in highschool is a pretty cool cat... haha JK. I would let most stay I am sure. I would have to tell my lady I know them pretty well... :)

DedEye
01-16-2010, 10:15 PM

I voted for "Calgunners I know" but this about sums it up.

I fell into this category for many of the Calgunners I've stayed with. I knew some of them before, but several I've crashed with I'd just met that day.

Gio
01-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I voted for "Calgunners I know" but this about sums it up.

I fell into this category for many of the Calgunners I've stayed with. I knew some of them before, but several I've crashed with I'd just met that day.

I'd let all calgunners stay except for DedEye :laugh:

Shoot I don't live that far from Oaklander, but I would still want to go crash at his place out in the East O! Would bring a few toys with me to keep me safe at night ;)

I do not think my family would mind calgunners staying a night, our family likes to help out.

-Gio

oaklander
01-17-2010, 12:19 AM
The way I see it, anyone who has the cohones to enter my hood is OK in my book!

HondaMasterTech
01-17-2010, 12:32 AM
The way I see it, anyone who has the cohones to enter my hood is OK in my book!

I worked near E14th and 41st for a little over a year. I have seen things that I will never forget. That place sucks.

oaklander
01-17-2010, 1:57 AM
LOL - that was the NICE part of E14th!

I worked near E14th and 41st for a little over a year. I have seen things that I will never forget. That place sucks.

anthonyca
01-17-2010, 2:03 AM
LOL - that was the NICE part of E14th!

I had to take a service call on International Blvd at a LaRaza De Clinica at 10 pm on a Friday night. Is that a bad part by your standards Oak?

oaklander
01-17-2010, 2:08 AM
E14th & the corridor from Hegenberger to 98th is bad.

La Clinica esta es en Fruitvale, no es malo.

The "bad" parts of E14th are easy to spot at night - there are NO PEOPLE THERE.

I had to take a service call on International Blvd at a LaRaza De Clinica at 10 pm on a Friday night. Is that a bad part by your standards Oak?

luckystrike
01-17-2010, 2:18 AM
I think a "campout" would work better

1 SIG fan
01-17-2010, 3:56 AM
Ok soooo. Do you let them bring their guns? Especially
the guys from centerfire thread who sleep with or walkaround the house ak I'm tow.
Just askin. I've wondered how much I'd apply the double standard... Helping a armed stranded motorist etc...

The good news is most people are 100x worse online (read Internet tough guys) then in real life... Except for the ones with Chris Hansen I guess :)

toopercentmlk
01-17-2010, 8:25 AM
Some guy with a gun?! I dont think so! :0 Joking of course, preferably if I knew them but realistically as long as I recognized some regular CG.N activity.