PDA

View Full Version : Friend Visiting From Out of State Bringing Guns

anthonyca
01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I will probably get flamed for this but I am going to ask anyway as Cali guns laws are vast convaluted. Even with all the hundreds of hours on Calguns I still would like your input.

A friend is coming to visit Cali and is bringing a 22lr rifle and Kimber 45 1911. He is leaving the rest at home. I told him not to bring any mags over 10 rounds. If he is staying for a few weeks is it ok for him to transport them locked and unloaded per California law and take them to the range? I don't see why not but I just wanted to make sure 100%.

He has a Colorado ccw so this will be like having withdrawls. Thanks guys.

wildhawker
01-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Our 'riffle' laws are, indeed, confusing. I'd suggest he head over to the CGF Wiki (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page) and read up.

No SBRs, suppressors, AWs or hicaps and keep them in a locked container for transport.

Cokebottle
01-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Ya, no problems with the 22lr and 1911 (as long as the 1911 isn't configured as an AW... no threaded barrel!).
The 22lr would be subject to the same SBR laws as they are in his home state... I'm assuming it's just a 10/22.

Locked container needed for transport of the handgun, not needed for the long gun other than to comply with the federal GFSZ law.

anthonyca
01-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Ya, no problems with the 22lr and 1911 (as long as the 1911 isn't configured as an AW... no threaded barrel!).
The 22lr would be subject to the same SBR laws as they are in his home state... I'm assuming it's just a 10/22.

Locked container needed for transport of the handgun, not needed for the long gun other than to comply with the federal GFSZ law.

Thanks guys. I completly forgot about the threaded barrel. I will ask him but I don't think it has one.

AndrewMendez
01-16-2010, 1:41 PM
Send him a check for $1000 and have him bring ammo with him for you.