PDA

View Full Version : What's the status on LUCC?

Quemtimebo
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
With all the hubbub going on surrounding UOC and LOC, I'm wondering if LUCC on foot is a good idea. Should I hold off and pray that I don't find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time? I wear both formal and informal kilts on occasion, and this thing just caught my eye, reviving my interest in LUCC. Yup, the zippers have lock eyelets and the flip-up bit is for a separate pocket.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4278465468_2eb9387559_o.jpg

hoffmang
01-15-2010, 11:13 PM
As long as your locked container isn't obviously a firearm container (or is inside an non obvious container) you should feel comfortable carrying LUCC.

-Gene

Lone_Gunman
01-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Nevermind. Found the answer in anothe thread.

wildhawker
01-29-2010, 11:07 PM
I think a anti-LUCC thread exists over at OCDO largely based on satirizing the concerns over pre-incorporation UOC.

racer_X_123
01-30-2010, 4:31 AM
As long as your locked container isn't obviously a firearm container (or is inside an non obvious container) you should feel comfortable carrying LUCC.

-Gene
I was under the impression that it was only legal to and from my home or othe private property. I.E: I could not LUCC at the mall but have to leave it in my car.

Thanks

Quiet
01-30-2010, 8:19 AM
hmmm...

Penal Code 12026.1
(a) Section 12025 shall not be construed to prohibit any citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or is temporarily within this state, and who is not within the excepted classes prescribed by Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that the following applies to the firearm:
(1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other than the utility or glove compartment.
(2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm, the firearm is contained within a locked container.
(b) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit the otherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in accordance with this chapter.
(c) As used in this section, "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device.

Lone_Gunman
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
tons of LUCC info in this thread. The entire thing should be required reading for anyone considering it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3725757#post3725757

pullnshoot25
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I do it all the time. My 5.11 Select Carry allows me to have that nerdy college look with that wholesome neutered tacticool feel. Oh yeah.