PDA

View Full Version : Hi Point 40 S&W

AARguy
01-15-2010, 12:09 AM
I already own a 40 S&W handgun and want to buy a Hi Point as a backup. This handgun is not currently on the list of guns authorized for sale in CA so a dealer cannot sell me one. Can I buy one online in another state and use a CA FFL to complete the ransaction? Thanks for an y help.

twotap
01-15-2010, 12:24 AM
If it ain't on the list It ain't in your fist

Synergy
01-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Short answer:
-Nope

Any gun sold/transferred in via FFL in CA has to be "on roster" unless you are LEO.

If someone has one registered in CA, they can sell it to you via PPT. You just cant buy new or have one transferred in.

Miltiades
01-15-2010, 4:21 AM
Given the reputation of Hi Points, you should consider buying a backup to it also.

drunktank
01-15-2010, 6:38 AM
Several friend out of state own said gun. All three reported the gun was a jam o matic the first few hundred rounds. Completely reliable thereafter. This is with shooting wwb. Can't comment on hollow points however. Just thought I'd add that. Good luck with finding one I've seen them out there.

eccvets
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
I love my 9mm hipoint. its true that it did jam a few times during the first 500 rounds but that was user fault due to me slow racking the slide when chambering the first round. Ya gotta rack it back and let it slide closed on its own and not hold on to the slide. Rack it like ya got a set of nuts!