PDA

View Full Version : CCW questions

Vandals909
01-14-2010, 5:00 PM
I live in a city within San Bernardino County, so I understand I need to apply with the local city and was thinking about apply for a CCW. What are the cons to apply for the CCW? Are they really hard to get approved? My record is very clean not even a tickets! (knock on wood)

I found this link
http://www.calccw.com/Forums/county-faq/730-san-bernardino-county-faq.html

Is this pretty much it? You are ok to then carrier concealed through out the state right?

Thank you

zinfull
01-14-2010, 5:38 PM
The link is the best info you will get on the internet. Go to the site and ask the questions that you are concerned about and you should get a decent response.

jerry

Cokebottle
01-14-2010, 5:54 PM
If your city is a contract city and is served by the SBSD, then you go directly to the SO.
If your city has it's own police force, such as Chino, Montclair, Ontario, San Bernardino... then you must first get a denial letter from your local PD.

No downsides, it's all good.

It will take some time. Unlike other counties, SB requires that the class be taken FROM the SO's instructor, so it could be a couple of months before you can get scheduled.

krazz
01-14-2010, 6:19 PM
Make sure you understand all of the liability aspects of having a CCW before jumping on one. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just be aware.

paul0660
01-14-2010, 6:27 PM
Make sure you understand all of the liability aspects of having a CCW before jumping on one. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just be aware.

Yeah, don't use it unless you mean it.

RickD6023
01-14-2010, 6:33 PM
The link is the best info you will get on the internet. Go to the site and ask the questions that you are concerned about and you should get a decent response.

jerry

There's a whole lot more San Bernardino County specific information available on CalCCW that updates the info found in the link. There have been some minor changes/adjustments since that was written. I recommend joining CalCCW with San Bernardino County identified. A whole wealth of info will be opened.

Meplat
01-14-2010, 7:51 PM
I have a CCW. I will not even draw unless my life or the lives of other innocents are in danger. What more do you need to know? Screw liability.

Doheny
01-14-2010, 8:00 PM
I have a CCW. I will not even draw unless my life or the lives of other innocents are in danger. What more do you need to know? Screw liability.

+1

Anothercoilgun
01-14-2010, 8:03 PM
Most places require a CCW class completion. All the ins and outs are fully covered in the course and afterwards you will not need anyone to give you hints on how to CCW.

3 Prongs:
1. Public Record of little to no crimes.
2. Moral character
3. Good Cause.

If it was up to numbers 1 and 2, California would be a shall issue state. But number 3 is how they get you. The right to keep and bar arms is worth spit in CA. The right to protect your family is worth spit in CA. Some small counties will give it, but this is still Cali so you would need life threatening situations on file to have your RESUME put to the top of the stack laced with gold and smelling of pine oil less you are connected.

Meplat
01-14-2010, 8:15 PM
What do you mean by 'small'? I have a CCW and my county is larger than several states and a lot of foreign countries!:p

Most places require a CCW class completion. All the ins and outs are fully covered in the course and afterwards you will not need anyone to give you hints on how to CCW.

3 Prongs:
1. Public Record of little to no crimes.
2. Moral character
3. Good Cause.

If it was up to numbers 1 and 2, California would be a shall issue state. But number 3 is how they get you. The right to keep and bar arms is worth spit in CA. The right to protect your family is worth spit in CA. Some small counties will give it, but this is still Cali so you would need life threatening situations on file to have your RESUME put to the top of the stack laced with gold and smelling of pine oil less you are connected.

Fjold
01-14-2010, 8:38 PM
"Some small counties will give it" ?

Califonia Counties by population.

Los Angeles......... 10,363,850
San Diego........... 3,146,274
Orange............... 3,121,251
Riverside............. 2,088,322
San Bernardino .... 2,055,766
Santa Clara......... 1,820,176
Alameda.............. 1,543,000
Sacramento ........ 1,424,415
Contra Costa....... 1,051,674
Fresno................ 931,098
Ventura.............. 831,537
San Francisco...... 824,525
Kern................... 817,517

The 8th and 11th largest counties (by population) in California are small?

Cokebottle
01-14-2010, 8:45 PM
Not to mention that Berdoo is the largest county in the country and isn't know to be particularly restrictive.