PDA

View Full Version : High heels

OliveCookieMonsta
01-14-2010, 2:46 PM
Silly question... I wore heels to work today and wanna go to indoor range after work... I'm wondering if I'm alone on this issue.

chickenfried
01-14-2010, 2:48 PM
might be dicey if it's been a busy day and brass is covering the floor.

OliveCookieMonsta
01-14-2010, 3:00 PM
True... Their wide heels so I'm going for it. Haha

Sinixstar
01-14-2010, 3:21 PM
i'd be more concerned with whether or not they're open-toed.

OliveCookieMonsta
01-14-2010, 3:32 PM
Haha no... Boots.

PatriotnMore
01-14-2010, 3:33 PM
I say go for it, who says you can't be fashionable, and deadly?:)

Tavern Keeper
01-14-2010, 4:00 PM
My 1st thought, don't. But then again, are you a CCW, if so you should practice in what you wear eveyday.

Shoot well!

9mmepiphany
01-14-2010, 5:06 PM
go for it and channel Brigitte Nielsen from Beverly Hills Cop

1919_4_ME
01-14-2010, 5:42 PM
Going to need to see pics so we can help you decide if its safe or not...:D

OliveCookieMonsta
01-14-2010, 7:20 PM
It was great! Good shoot day ; ) and heels were not a problem at all!

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad103/OliveCookiemonsta/Mobile%20Uploads/1263528400.jpg

No pic of my heels ... just my target.... : )

Left bullseye is my version of rapid fire... less than the 2sec range break.. : ) i need work. haha.. but it was fun.

Purple K
01-14-2010, 9:21 PM
This thread is worthless without pics..... Lol

Steyrlp10
01-16-2010, 5:52 AM
When I worked in SF, it was pretty normal to have to go to the range in office clothes for evening matches. I kept a pair of tennis shoes in my bag and just switched over. The comment about watching out for brass is true... it's no fun becoming the floor show for everyone else.

DedEye
01-16-2010, 10:25 PM
What distance?

RogueSniper
01-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Shoes, usually not a problem. If I go shoot with friends after work, I'll always remind them to get their office clothes dry cleaned afterwards. Lots of gunpowder residue. And if you're doing any air travel w/ those clothes, expect the detector to go off at the TSA station! :D

BTW, nice groups! You're shooting better than me ... aw, heck, anyone can shoot better than me!

DiscoBayJoe
01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
High Heels have never slowed me down, but my long haired wig has gotten caught up in the pistols action a few times causing a FTF

;)

OliveCookieMonsta
01-17-2010, 9:45 AM
Dbj-ponytails can help with that haha.

for2nato
01-18-2010, 8:00 AM
this thread is makin me hot. i gotta go :leaving:

PM9 Girl
01-18-2010, 8:51 AM
You have to totally be careful! I almost twisted my ankle on the cases that were on the ground, but it does make sense that you should be comfortable shooting in what you wear everyday. That's a good tip!

diginit
01-31-2010, 8:26 PM
This thread is worthless without pics..... Lol

Yea I was hoping to see some pics of her legs...Uh.... Heels. :D

She has really nice groups though...;)

Who is this woman? Please send me a PM. I'm intreged. :o

That's right, You even get hit on here....:D LOL...!
Just couldn't resist. No harm intended....

BroncoBob
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/image.jpg

:rofl2:

OliveCookieMonsta
02-01-2010, 3:42 PM
BroncoBob... My hair is longer. 

BroncoBob
02-01-2010, 4:10 PM
BroncoBob... My hair is longer. 

It was all for James (diginit)

five.five-six
02-01-2010, 4:14 PM
Silly question... I wore heels to work today and wanna go to indoor range after work... I'm wondering if I'm alone on this issue.

sorry I missed this thread originally, but I say: train the way you fight... if you may need to fight in open toed high heels, I say practice that way

diginit
02-01-2010, 6:26 PM
I didn't know Rosie O'donnell was pro gun....Maybe she will buy ME some ammo, Or a gun shop.... But I thought she was a T&G girl....

ace_31
02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Im sure Rosie would want something in return. Now the question is; are you man enough? :D

diginit
02-18-2010, 9:28 PM
Im sure Rosie would want something in return. Now the question is; are you man enough? :D

Not sure I'm that big.....:rolleyes:

Ivonne
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM

Hi,

when I read your post I laughed and felt much better. I have gone shooting many times in my heels after work. The owner doesn't care, just becareful its easier to trip with the shells..lol Speaking from experience :)

Have fun!!!

2Cute2Shoot
03-10-2010, 9:39 AM
Why can't you wear heels to a shooting range? Dress code?

tacticalcity
03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Why can't you wear heels to a shooting range? Dress code?"

Safety concerns. The ground is covered in spent casings that you will likely slip on, and if they are slinky they will leave skin exposed to be burned by flying hot brass. Feet are sensitive, and ankles twist. Taking a spill with a loaded gun in hand could get loud and exciting in a bad way real quick.

Just an idea but you might want to keep an overnight/go bag in the trunk of your car in the future specifically for days like this. A t-shirt, jeans, underwear, sweatshirt, socks, running shoes and hygiene products in a backpack in your trunk are always a smart idea. Spill something on your clothes, you have a change. Need to stay at friends, you have a clean set of clothes the next day. Dressed up for work, but want to do something athletic after your day is over, no problem. I take it a bit further and keep emergency medical supplies, a couple boxes of ammo, a couple MREs and so forth. But that is the military influence on me. The clothes come in handy all the time, and not just because I'm single.

I'm a big fan of women in heals. Big fan. But common sense and safety rule the day.

Steyrlp10
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Why can't you wear heels to a shooting range? Dress code?

This is how a friend of mine took a bullet in the cheek at Chabot when a girl slipped while holding a loaded gun.

POLICESTATE
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
This is how a friend of mine took a bullet in the cheek at Chabot when a girl slipped while holding a loaded gun.

Wow, that is some disturbing imagery right before I go to lunch. Not going to stop me eating a bean and cheese burrito from Del Taco tho

Steyrlp10
03-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, that is some disturbing imagery right before I go to lunch. Not going to stop me eating a bean and cheese burrito from Del Taco tho

That's cuz you're tough :)

POLICESTATE
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
That's cuz you're tough :)

I'm not that tough, but I am HUNGRY :popcorn:

greenpea76
03-10-2010, 7:10 PM
Took a couple of girlfriends shooting with their heels on a few times. Not the wisest choice in foot wear for a range, but they won't walk about in a normal fashion. They do the light "shuffle" and kick the brass away.
I do like watching other women who can handle a gun properly in a pair of +3" heels.
I've been to a few ranges seem to be popular date places where you get to see this, but the girls aren't the "proper gun handling" types. Usually their male companions aren't either:rolleyes:

2Cute2Shoot
03-10-2010, 8:24 PM

OMG - dumb chicks ruin it for the rest of us...and can be very dangerous too!

Steyrlp10
03-10-2010, 8:27 PM
OMG - dumb chicks ruin it for the rest of us...and can be very dangerous too!

Ja, but Calguns Chicks are in a class of our own :)

2Cute2Shoot
03-10-2010, 8:33 PM
Ja, but Calguns Chicks are in a class of our own :)

Oh, I think I'm going to like it here! :)

OliveCookieMonsta
03-10-2010, 8:51 PM
Calguns chicks rock! .... Haha... Yeah but no heels at the idpa match!!! Just while target shooting... I don't move much in my indoor range's cubi hole and have done just fine since the original post...

highpowermatch
03-12-2010, 11:21 AM
heels at the range....... :drool5: I never see anything that interesting at the local range. Usually old guys with potbelly's.... no offence old guys with pot belly's:D!

Steyrlp10
03-12-2010, 11:54 AM
heels at the range....... :drool5: I never see anything that interesting at the local range. Usually old guys with potbelly's.... no offence old guys with pot belly's:D!

Even potbelly, old guys need love - lol

highpowermatch
03-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Even potbelly, old guys need love - lol

LOL

2Cute2Shoot
03-13-2010, 9:19 AM
Calguns chicks rock! .... Haha... Yeah but no heels at the idpa match!!! Just while target shooting... I don't move much in my indoor range's cubi hole and have done just fine since the original post...

Yeah, come to think about it, shouldn't we be practicing in the shoes we usually wear? If you're in heels every day (which I am not), I think you should be able to shoot in them, handle recoil in them. I would feel kinda stupid in 4" heels at the range though:rolleyes:

CSACANNONEER
03-13-2010, 9:31 AM
When I worked at a range, I was more concerned with anyone with open toed shoes and women with "brass catchers" than heels. Open toed shoes and hot brass don't mix well. Neither do "brass catchers" and hot brass. BTW, Brass catchers are low cut shirts with lots of cleaveage. Although it can be fun to watch, it's not safe! Other safety concerns regarding dress are, of course, eye and ear protection and, if shooting a long gun that recoils, bras with buckles or adjustments in the front strap are very uncomfortable and can cause bruising and pain.

Ladyliss
03-17-2010, 8:34 AM
I go to the outdoor range in heeled boots all the time. Any where from 2-4 heels. Just step carefully when walking on the dirt to post your target. : )

Ladyliss
03-17-2010, 8:36 AM
Shoes, usually not a problem. If I go shoot with friends after work, I'll always remind them to get their office clothes dry cleaned afterwards. Lots of gunpowder residue. And if you're doing any air travel w/ those clothes, expect the detector to go off at the TSA station! :D

BTW, nice groups! You're shooting better than me ... aw, heck, anyone can shoot better than me!

That would be a fun one to explain at the airport!

PatriotnMore
03-17-2010, 8:58 AM
I would feel kinda stupid in 4" heels at the range though:rolleyes:

As Billy Crystals SNL portrayal of Fernando Lamas would say:

"Remember, it's not how you feel, it's how you look, and you look marvelous.

Skip forward to .50 sec in the sketch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZl3gGV4H6c

Annie Oakley
03-17-2010, 3:26 PM
Hi everyone. Whew, it's been awhile but I thought I would add my two cents worth. Normally, I wear flats or tennis shoes, but occasionally I have worn heels and find more toes and less heels works well for me as well as watching where I'm walking.