01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Are HST rounds hard to come by these days? In particular 9mm & .45

paul0660
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Ammunition to go has it.

Cokebottle
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Ammunition to go has it.
I haven't seen HST in 9mm there (in the last couple of weeks)... only the old Hydrashock.

sholling
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Rumor has it that Federal started cracking down on civilian sales. Only shipping directly to agencies. That leaves companies like ATG limited to buying excess inventory from cash strapped departments. That would explain the huge price increase over 18 months.

cineski
01-14-2010, 12:19 PM
That's exactly what happened. Although ATG does sell LEO cancellations to the general public when they get them. They currently have 45 HST +P.

for2nato
01-14-2010, 12:32 PM
i can say as to general sale of ammunition. i am more confused than ever. having recently moved to OK and seeing the stock available. ammo in all brands and calibers are readily available here. the only thing i cant find is win pdx1 in 9mm. and even the online vendors are out of that. but the shelves are stocked to the top around here. which leaves me wondering, why not in california? most stores would get off brand or small shipments when i was in cali. and i was told by a couple store owners that "were just buying what ever we can get". it cant simply be that its getting bought too fast.

Miltiades
01-14-2010, 1:49 PM
The online vendor Streichers Police Equipment has Federal HST:

Federal 9mm HST at Streichers (http://www.streichers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Catalog=Guns%20and%20Ammo&Category=AMMO_FEDD&Prod=FC-9HST)

Federal .40 S&W HST at Streichers (http://www.streichers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Catalog=Guns%20and%20Ammo&Category=AMMO_FEDD&Prod=FC-40HST)

Federal .45 ACP HST at Streichers (http://www.streichers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Catalog=Guns%20and%20Ammo&Category=AMMO_FEDD&Prod=FC-45HST)

http://www.streichers.com/productimages/550_750/fc-hsttactical.gif

cineski
01-14-2010, 1:52 PM
My last road trip showed CA, AZ, NM out of almost all ammo. Maybe more people are stockpiling? My father in law knew retired folks who get in right when the shipments to Walmart arrive and buy everything.

i can say as to general sale of ammunition. i am more confused than ever. having recently moved to OK and seeing the stock available. ammo in all brands and calibers are readily available here. the only thing i cant find is win pdx1 in 9mm. and even the online vendors are out of that. but the shelves are stocked to the top around here. which leaves me wondering, why not in california? most stores would get off brand or small shipments when i was in cali. and i was told by a couple store owners that "were just buying what ever we can get". it cant simply be that its getting bought too fast.

gumby
01-14-2010, 2:38 PM
Out here in CA, walmart limits sales of ammo to 6 boxes per person because of all the hoarding.

Cokebottle
01-14-2010, 2:43 PM
Out here in CA, walmart limits sales of ammo to 6 boxes per person because of all the hoarding.
Inside jobs.

Bob is friends with Joe who works at WM... or Bob slips Joe a $20 every week.
When the shipment shows up, Joe calls Bob and lets him know what they have and asks what he wants, stashes that in the stockroom. Bob shows up and Joe rings the sale. Bob walks out with as much ammo as he wants. The registers don't enforce the 6-box limit, the cashier does, but since Bob is paying Joe the equivalent of 2-4 hours pay, Joe rings it up.

There are gun shops in OC with WM tags still on their boxes.

And yes... guys are buying WM ammo and selling it here on CGN at a profit.

gumby
01-14-2010, 4:51 PM
Cokebottle,

Unfortunately you are right, sucks for us.

Uxi
01-14-2010, 6:20 PM
WTF did Federal "crack down?" Why aren't they increasing shipments to take advantage of increased demand?

MarioS
01-14-2010, 9:59 PM
Yes, HST has been really hard to come by in the past year. You will see a couple places online get it every now and then but I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen them in stock at online retailers in significant quantity.

You can try and substitute Winchester Ranger T instead, which is easier to find than HST's.