PDA

View Full Version : M&P owners in here , ive got questions

Richie Caketown
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
1) Does anyone in Sandiego have the time to show me how to do a detail strip of an M&P9? Beer/food will be provided .

2)How the heck do i mount an Streamlight TLR-2 to this gun , i bought one and 10rds later it came off , i retightened it and tried again 10rds later it came off. I does ok on my AR but not on my M&P9 ... is it me or the TLR?

3)Im contemplating replacing the sights with the nightsights but havent been able to find much info on the process ... does anyone have a link or info on how to do that?

Thanks

send it
01-13-2010, 10:22 PM
hey bud,

check youtube. I have taken apart quite a few guns and then realized that my hands work faster than my brain. i have used youtube everytime to find a video related. i still have all my fingers and all my guns fire, so give it a shot. if i was in san diego i'd meet you at kono's for breakfast and then a trip to the range, but im the oc.

Mikeinblack
01-13-2010, 10:41 PM
1) Does anyone in Sandiego have the time to show me how to do a detail strip of an M&P9? Beer/food will be provided .

2)How the heck do i mount an Streamlight TLR-2 to this gun , i bought one and 10rds later it came off , i retightened it and tried again 10rds later it came off. I does ok on my AR but not on my M&P9 ... is it me or the TLR?

3)Im contemplating replacing the sights with the nightsights but havent been able to find much info on the process ... does anyone have a link or info on how to do that?

Thanks

For Q#1, it's the "hook" thing right... :D kindof weird deal at first.
#2 - are you sure you have the correct adapter installed? I have the same exact set-up without a problem...

Richie Caketown
01-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Q1 - Yes a hook thing there are roofies in the beer lol ... during my first AR build i put the castle nut on backwards ... not trying to go that route again with the pistol , much rather do it right the first time

Q2 - The CG buyer i got it from said it was universal , i had my doubts but at his price i could hardly complain. No adapter on the M&P or the Streamlight.. could you post pics of your M&P please ?

Legasat
01-13-2010, 10:57 PM
There are videos on YouTube. I searched for "M&P 9 strip" and about a half dozen came up.

It's really very easy.

pingpong
01-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Q2 - The CG buyer i got it from said it was universal , i had my doubts but at his price i could hardly complain. No adapter on the M&P or the Streamlight.. could you post pics of your M&P please ?

The M&P would need the Picatinny adapter. My TLR-1 came with 3 (Glock adapter, Standard, and Picatinny). I know for a fact it'll fall off if you try to use a Standard adapter (tried to switch between my XD and M&P the first time and it crashed to the floor). At least I now know it's well built though :).

Take a look here: http://www.streamlight.com/documents/comp_list/tlr_compatibility_list.pdf. The last page documents which key you need for which guns.

Richie Caketown
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
The M&P would need the Picatinny adapter. My TLR-1 came with 3 (Glock adapter, Standard, and Picatinny). I know for a fact it'll fall off if you try to use a Standard adapter (tried to switch between my XD and M&P the first time and it crashed to the floor). At least I now know it's well built though :).

i think the seller might have neglected to mention that to me :mad: , is it like the adapter for the HK usp?

pingpong
01-13-2010, 11:04 PM
i think the seller might have neglected to mention that to me :mad: , is it like the adapter for the HK usp?

No worries the whole set is roughly $7.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/streamlight-tlr-key-kit.html

Mikeinblack
01-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Oof, got camera issues right now, but take it off and look at the adapter that is supposed to fit into the picatinny slot, it should say "1913"... The set up should have come with 4 Rail keys, and that is the only one that works on this gun. If there is no key, you need one. Details here...

http://www.streamlight.com/documents/op-instructions/TLR_op.pdf

sholling
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM
You've gotten great advice about youtube videos. I learned buy following the instructions for removing the magazine disconnect. There are links on here somewhere. You'll also find a lot of good stuff on mp-pistol.com.

pingpong
01-13-2010, 11:15 PM
You've gotten great advice about youtube videos. You'll also find a lot of good stuff on mp-pistol.com.

Whoa, I didn't even realize the M&P had a dedicated forum. I definitely have some questions that need answering....

EDIT: WTF, I've had an account there for over a year. Damn, I must have been plastered when I signed up....

Mikeinblack
01-13-2010, 11:20 PM
EDIT: WTF, I've had an account there for over a year. Damn, I must have been plastered when I signed up....

That's some funny S! I too have had those surprises from time to time :D

pingpong
01-13-2010, 11:31 PM
That's some funny S! I too have had those surprises from time to time :D

To top it off, I even posted a question there last January. Looks like I never actually returned to read the responses :kest:

Richie Caketown
01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys , im just gonna go order those peices and put the streamlight on my M&P9

no one local wants beer/roofiesfood in exchange for help

AndrewMendez
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Richie, if you use the pin that holds your grip in place, you can find the little "hook" thing. Just remember to turn the pin sideways as you pull it out, or it will get gummed up.

Trendkill
01-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Take out the magazine....lock open the slide...visually and physically check to make sure its unloaded.

Now....there is a little lever in there that has a little bend in it....its shaped kinda like this "~"....both mine are or were yellow colored.

Bend that down into the magazine well area until it stops.....then turn the take-down lever "down". pull back the slide all the way and let it forward all the way till it comes off.

Do not just hit the slide release or your MP slide will fly across the room......"Dont ask"... :43:

walter
01-15-2010, 10:53 PM
this guy wants to detail strip and everyone is telling him how to field strip. btw you dont need to move the lever just pull the trigger.

tuna quesadilla
01-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys , im just gonna go order those peices and put the streamlight on my M&P9

no one local wants beer/roofiesfood in exchange for help

No no no no no no! DON'T order the adapter! I have all the original adapters from my Streamlight that I'm not using, including the one that you need for your M&P. It's the exact set that Pingpong linked to above. I'll mail em to you for free. PM me!

Richie Caketown
01-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Richie, if you use the pin that holds your grip in place, you can find the little "hook" thing. Just remember to turn the pin sideways as you pull it out, or it will get gummed up.

good advice , ill remember this when i do take it apart

Take out the magazine....lock open the slide...visually and physically check to make sure its unloaded.

Now....there is a little lever in there that has a little bend in it....its shaped kinda like this "~"....both mine are or were yellow colored.

Bend that down into the magazine well area until it stops.....then turn the take-down lever "down". pull back the slide all the way and let it forward all the way till it comes off.

Do not just hit the slide release or your MP slide will fly across the room......"Dont ask"... :43:

that yellow is the magazine disconnect safety i believe , which i do not. I know how to take this part off

this guy wants to detail strip and everyone is telling him how to field strip. btw you dont need to move the lever just pull the trigger.

^you dont even have to pull the trigger , lock the slide back , bring down the release pin in the magwell , then the one on the front of the gun then slowly release the slide

No no no no no no! DON'T order the adapter! I have all the original adapters from my Streamlight that I'm not using, including the one that you need for your M&P. It's the exact set that Pingpong linked to above. I'll mail em to you for free. PM me!

pm replied:)

code33
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Take a look at this:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21963636/M-P40-Armorer-Manual

turbochris
01-16-2010, 12:50 AM
richie all I understood was free beer and food lol

Legasat
01-16-2010, 9:33 AM
Take a look at this:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21963636/M-P40-Armorer-Manual

That is a GREAT Link! The M&P Series Armorers Manual tells EVERYTHING!

Thanks!

Trendkill
01-16-2010, 9:37 AM

Right...that lever is there because it is a safer method to the "Glock" shoot your buddy in the face method.

Trendkill
01-16-2010, 9:40 AM
that yellow is the magazine disconnect safety i believe , which i do not. I know how to take this part off

No...that is a sear disconnect lever.

Yes there is a magazine safety lever in there , its in the same location....but the mag safety is always down flat .