bob708
01-13-2010, 4:33 PM
is it legal to buy pistol thats not doj list from an l.e.o

norman
01-13-2010, 4:36 PM
yes.

kermit315
01-13-2010, 5:01 PM
yes, as long as it is via PPT. Cant buy it from across the state and ship it. Roster of not unsafe handguns does not apply to PPT transactions.

GunDog
01-13-2010, 5:14 PM
from my son who is out of state to me here in California and how would we accomplish that.

kermit315
01-13-2010, 5:16 PM
not sure, never tried it. give it a few minutes and I am sure somebody will be by with the answer though.

faveson
01-13-2010, 5:25 PM
if you find a dealer, locally, who has one you might be able to buy it. otherwise, your son will have to travel to ka to do the PPT. 2mos ago i would have sold you mine cause i couldnt find any ammo to qualify with. found 1 stinkin box, qualified, and love the pocket rocket. i carry it everywhere. get one for certain!

ke6guj
01-13-2010, 6:07 PM
from my son who is out of state to me here in California and how would we accomplish that.
your son can do an intrafamily transfer to you (which is roster-exempt) through a CA FFL.

you can't just fill out the intrafamily transfer form and send it to CADOJ.

if you find a dealer, locally, who has one you might be able to buy it. otherwise, your son will have to travel to ka to do the PPT.you can't buy one from a dealer because it is not on the roster. YOu can only purchase from another CA-resident in a PPT. Cosignment sales from a dealer are considered PPTs becuase they still belong to the CA-resdent until sold.

His son, being an non-CA-resident, can not PPT it to his father through an FFL, the DROS system will not accept the out-of-state ID. However, the son can transfer it to the dealer who then transfers it to the father, and DROSes it as a roster-exempt intra-family transfer.

tac
01-13-2010, 7:02 PM
Bob: As far as I know, Yes (with PPT at a dealer of course)

faveson
01-13-2010, 7:50 PM
im sure itll be possible for him to acquire this lcp or one bought from a shop(consignment or otherwise) here in kali. ive heard of many civilians now owning these supposed LE only pistols. the loopholes and the legal rhetoric makes things very confusing for the average joe wanting to buy guns....which, i think, is the intended purpose.

PRKArms
01-13-2010, 8:00 PM
I love mine. Yes its legal.

bigcalidave
01-13-2010, 10:36 PM
im sure itll be possible for him to acquire this lcp or one bought from a shop(consignment or otherwise) here in kali. ive heard of many civilians now owning these supposed LE only pistols. the loopholes and the legal rhetoric makes things very confusing for the average joe wanting to buy guns....which, i think, is the intended purpose.

No they don't, and he won't just get one from a store. He can buy one from another person (PPT) or he can have his son give him one, son just sends it to the ffl, he picks it up. There is no loophole or rhetoric that lets you go buy something off roster if you aren't an LEO. It's a big pain in the *** to NRF a gun, or do a single shot conversion, etc. The average joe in CA will buy guns that are on the safe handgun roster, without much confusion.

DedEye
01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
It's as though someone answered your question already, then answered it several times in a row just to hammer the point home. (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_.22Safe_Handgun_Roster.3F.22)