PDA

View Full Version : Hand gun

loialridout
01-13-2010, 9:02 AM
My daughter came to California from Idaho to visit me. She wants to give her mother a California legal 357 for her CCW, the 357 was given to our daughter by her fiancée, what do we do next to make this legal ?

Argonaut
01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I would just take it to your gun shop and get it Drosed like a PPT to your wife. Your daughter will have to be there to sign. Your wife will have to pass the handgun test.

K5Cruiser
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
If it's from daughter to mother, they can do an intrafamilial transfer. Do a search on this site for "intrafamilial transfer" and you'll know all about it. It's a pretty simple process and does not necessarily have to involve an FFL depending on the circumstances.

Here's one thread with good info. There are many threads out there about this topic though.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=215112&highlight=intrafamilial

69Mach1
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I would just take it to your gun shop and get it Drosed like a PPT to your wife. Your daughter will have to be there to sign. Your wife will have to pass the handgun test.

Daughter is from another state. You can only PPT if both parties are CA residents.

Quiet
01-13-2010, 5:07 PM
If it's from daughter to mother, they can do an intrafamilial transfer. Do a search on this site for "intrafamilial transfer" and you'll know all about it. It's a pretty simple process and does not necessarily have to involve an FFL depending on the circumstances.

Here's one thread with good info. There are many threads out there about this topic though.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=215112&highlight=intrafamilial

Since, the daughter is a non-resident, the handgun must go through a CA FFL dealer. Otherwise, it is a violation of Federal laws.

However, since it is an intra-familial gift the handgun is exempt from the approved list.

K5Cruiser
01-13-2010, 9:12 PM
Yes, exactly as Quiet has indicated. :thumbsup: That's why I added the part about, "...depending on the circumstances." In this particular circumstance here, the daughter is from out of state, so an FFL will need to be involved.