View Full Version : Filled out an oplaw ... No Response

01-12-2010, 9:26 AM
Filled out an oplaw for a transfer between my father and I. Sent the completed form and check out on December 1, 2009. The check was cashed on December 30, 2009, but I still haven't received a confirmation. Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes to receive a confirmation?

01-12-2010, 9:52 AM
Typical times can run even up to 8-ish weeks.

Your time period also spanned holidays so that prob added add'l delay too.

I sent in a form due to estate/bequest acqusition of two handguns 5+ months ago and totally forgot about it. The check has not been cashed, either. Next time I send registered/certified mail.

01-12-2010, 2:25 PM
Thanks for the response.

01-12-2010, 3:40 PM
It will take more time.
I sent in a OP Law for 3 handguns in mid November. Heard nothing of it until the woman who works in that department called me on Dec. 30th inquiring what caliber my 460 XVR was, as she couldn't find .460 S&W magnum on her list of calibers. During the conversation she said she was working on that gun and the other two I listed.

They still haven't cashed the check.

01-12-2010, 3:49 PM
I sent in a volreg form for a couple C&R handguns a few years ago, somehow they only withdrew 19$ from my checking account when the check was clearly written for 38$ ! And it took ~6 months for them to process it.