PDA

View Full Version : Anti CCW Appointed OC Sheriff Hutchens Fundraising...

jont92619
01-12-2010, 8:23 AM
Anti CCW Appointed OC Sheriff Hutchens Fundraising...

Just heard a HUGE political celebrity has been recruited into doing a fundraiser for Appointed Sheriff Hutchens, obviously they are not aware of her track record and stance on specific issues and the Second Amendment.

Hopefully they will back out once they learn the truth. The old school political machine is back at it in the OC. If you know any movers & shakers, now is the time to reach out and introduce them to Bill Hunt.... Call a friend, or three and spread the word... www.billhuntforsheriff.com

Roadrunner
01-12-2010, 8:32 AM

Just heard a HUGE political celebrity has been recruited into doing a fundraiser for Appointed Sheriff Hutchens, obviously they are not aware of her track record and stance on specific issues and the Second Amendment.

Hopefully they will back out once they learn the truth. The old school political machine is back at it in the OC. If you know any movers & shakers, now is the time to reach out and introduce them to Bill Hunt.... Call a friend, or three and spread the word... www.billhuntforsheriff.com

Maybe Bill Hunt should solicit celebs like Tom Seleck to help with his campaign.

tango-52
01-12-2010, 8:52 AM

Interesting. Is this the same post that was up shortly earlier stating that Palin was going to endorse Hutchens? Do you have any corroborating evidence, news articles, or links to verify this?

jont92619
01-12-2010, 8:55 AM
Interesting. Is this the same post that was up shortly earlier stating that Palin was going to endorse Hutchens? Do you have any corroborating evidence, news articles, or links to verify this?

Have some calls out to trying to verify. Didn't want to drop any names until it was vetted...

IGOTDIRT4U
01-13-2010, 8:22 AM
Have some calls out to trying to verify. Didn't want to drop any names until it was vetted...

Then why even bring it up? Makes many minds suspicious. Why not post the news when/after you have "vetted" the info?

Regardless, if it is a Hollywood type celeb, that can turn off a lot of OC voters from her.

jont92619
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM
It's Palin and Dennis Miller. Spoke with the campaign management and they confirmed a deal had been signed. Time to reach out to Palin and Miller and make sure they know Hutchen's true stand on issues...

Dark Paladin
01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Is this part of Palin's strategy of "going rogue"?

tango-52
01-13-2010, 1:16 PM
Is this part of Palin's strategy of "going rogue"?

Most likely just a lack of information on the dynamics of Orange County politics.

grammaton76
01-13-2010, 1:30 PM
Heh, I could imagine it now, at a Hutchins rally.

Palin: "Well, I came here to endorse Sheriff Hutchins. On the other hand, now that I'm here at this event AFTER reading up on her, I've gotta tell you that I'd vote for the other candidate, and I suggest you do the same."

PutTogether
01-13-2010, 7:59 PM
Please god don't let this be true.

I don't know if I could take my favorite political woman endorsing my most hated.

N6ATF
01-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Heh, I could imagine it now, at a Hutchins rally.

Palin: "Well, I came here to endorse Sheriff Hutchins. On the other hand, now that I'm here at this event AFTER reading up on her, I've gotta tell you that I'd vote for the other candidate, and I suggest you do the same."

Damn well better, otherwise Fox News should be buried in demands for her termination.

nicki
01-14-2010, 3:54 AM
Guys,

National speakers have managers and sometimes their managers **** up.

If Sarah Palin is pro gun and if she is pro life, there is no way in hell she can endorse Hutchen's unless she wants to commit political suicide.

I have word from a very reliable source that Bill Hunt's campaign is looking into this issue and will try to fix things.

They know about this board, they appreciate the support many of you have given and once they know exactly what they are dealing with, they will contact this board with what everyone can do to help.

Nicki

dantodd
01-14-2010, 2:07 PM
I have word from a very reliable source that Bill Hunt's campaign is looking into this issue and will try to fix things.

For Bill Hunt this might have considerable upside. Hutchens brought this election to Palin's attention and then Bill gets a little lovin' because he warned her of the potential problems plus Palin has a little invective against Hutchens for trying to screw with her.

Rekrab
01-14-2010, 2:35 PM
Palin probably has very little credibility in Orange County. I have a hard time imagining this will be helpful.

IGOTDIRT4U
01-14-2010, 2:48 PM
Palin probably has very little credibility in Orange County. I have a hard time imagining this will be helpful.

Care to expand on that? Maybe she has no credibility with the carpet-bagging LA transplants disguising themselves as RINOS or neocons, but not among any long time OC residents I speak with on a daily basis. Palin is still an admired figure with them.

rp55
01-14-2010, 3:01 PM
Guys, help me out here. I am arguing with some RINOs in a political forum and they are saying stuff like the:

[Hutchens] ... "revoked those permits for anyone with a FELONY ( at any time) and a misdemeanor in the last 5 years ——that hardly qualifies her as anti-gun or anti-CCW. I don’t want felons carrying and I don’t want common criminals carrying either."

That's how this is being presented in non-gun related forums. All of you who had your permits revoked are "common criminals." Give me some facts and links. Yes, I tried to find them but any terms you use in Calguns search gives you so much it's worthless.

CWM4A1
01-14-2010, 4:14 PM
Tell them to get their facts straight. If you have a felony or misdemeanor on record before you apply for the permit, it's a guarantee you will NOT be issue a permit. Background check digs deep into applicant's past where sometimes it reveal things applicant did when they were young and dumb, did not remember to put them on their application, and use that against the said applicant as they are not being honest. Tell them to look at the standard application itself and see the kind of questions are being asked for each and every applicant.

Now if you got a felony or misdemeanor after one is being issued a CCW permit, it will be revoked, there is no doubt. However, Hutchens was trying to revoke permits that are still in good standing from permit holders that did not commit any crime, or know Mike Carona (i.e. political connection). The only reason she wants to revoke those permit is because their original "good cause" no longer meets her new standard, that's light years apart from just revoking people who got felony and misdemeanor conviction.

Rekrab
01-14-2010, 4:41 PM
Care to expand on that? Maybe she has no credibility with the carpet-bagging LA transplants disguising themselves as RINOS or neocons, but not among any long time OC residents I speak with on a daily basis. Palin is still an admired figure with them.

Probably a result of me being in University. The Orange County under-30s don't seem to like her.

rp55
01-14-2010, 4:58 PM
Tell them to get their facts straight. If you have a felony or misdemeanor on record before you apply for the permit, it's a guarantee you will NOT be issue a permit. Background check digs deep into applicant's past where sometimes it reveal things applicant did when they were young and dumb, did not remember to put them on their application, and use that against the said applicant as they are not being honest. Tell them to look at the standard application itself and see the kind of questions are being asked for each and every applicant.

Now if you got a felony or misdemeanor after one is being issued a CCW permit, it will be revoked, there is no doubt. However, Hutchens was trying to revoke permits that are still in good standing from permit holders that did not commit any crime, or know Mike Carona (i.e. political connection). The only reason she wants to revoke those permit is because their original "good cause" no longer meets her new standard, that's light years apart from just revoking people who got felony and misdemeanor conviction.

That's what I had picked up in these forums. The Republicans really need to purge the Country Club gang.

RomanDad
01-14-2010, 5:03 PM
Guys, help me out here. I am arguing with some RINOs in a political forum and they are saying stuff like the:

[Hutchens] ... "revoked those permits for anyone with a FELONY ( at any time) and a misdemeanor in the last 5 years ——that hardly qualifies her as anti-gun or anti-CCW. I don’t want felons carrying and I don’t want common criminals carrying either."

That's how this is being presented in non-gun related forums. All of you who had your permits revoked are "common criminals." Give me some facts and links. Yes, I tried to find them but any terms you use in Calguns search gives you so much it's worthless.

Its just untrue.... There were no felons with CCWs under Carona. FELONS CANNOT OWN GUNS. So what can they do with a CCW?

They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and I would be more than happy to explain that to them.

mblat
01-14-2010, 5:06 PM
That's what I had picked up in these forums. The Republicans really need to purge the Country Club gang.

linky?

steadyrock
01-14-2010, 7:49 PM

The irony in this post is bittersweet. Sarah Palin loves her some big-government Federal money flowing into her state, some overseas military imperialism, and some earmark spending. Why should RINOS and neocons not adore her? She's one of them.

ETA - Dislike SP though I may, I honestly don't think even her handlers are naive enough to support an anti-gun Sheriff like Hutchens. If they do *any* homework at all, they'll realize their error and walk away.

rp55
01-15-2010, 10:04 AM
linky?

Country Club Republican (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_club_Republican)