PDA

View Full Version : stripper clips?

glock_this
12-21-2005, 8:47 AM
so, on these CA legal Vulcan lowers limited to 10 rounds, I wonder if for speed and ease of use, some stripper clips and stripper clip guide (like by Bushmaster or Fab-10) would be a good investment? cheap cost, but wonder what others experiences are with stripper clips and maybe you can educate me on their proper use.

that is, I gather that you load a clip with 10 rounds (so load up like 10 clips), then you insert the stripper clip guide, push down the stripper clip into the mag, releases the rounds... good to go?

are they realy as simple and beneficial as they seem for this exact kind of scenario where you can't slap in another mag, but want to load EASY and FASTER?

Harbinger
12-21-2005, 9:05 AM
I know USGI stripper clip guides don't work in my Vulcan. Is there a guide out there that works with fixed mags??

Mike

so, on these CA legal Vulcan lowers limited to 10 rounds, I wonder if for speed and ease of use, some stripper clips and stripper clip guide (like by Bushmaster or Fab-10) would be a good investment? cheap cost, but wonder what others experiences are with stripper clips and maybe you can educate me on their proper use.

that is, I gather that you load a clip with 10 rounds (so load up like 10 clips), then you insert the stripper clip guide, push down the stripper clip into the mag, releases the rounds... good to go?

are they realy as simple and beneficial as they seem for this exact kind of scenario where you can't slap in another mag, but want to load EASY and FASTER?

wayoutwest
12-21-2005, 9:28 AM
The guide that came with my Fab 10 several years ago works great with stripper clips.

http://www.quarterbore.com/images/fab10_1c.jpg

This must be a newer version from Fab 10

http://www.fabten.com/StripperGuide_clip24.gif

edited for photos

glock_this
12-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks a TON Tech Ted, you saved me the hassle of buying a product I could not use on a Vulcan!!! bummer that on these Vulcans I have to thumb in each round!

glock_this
12-21-2005, 3:56 PM
thanks a ton again, very helpful. I will be making one of these.