PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy International AWSM (Arctic Warefare Super Magnum) 338 Lapua Legal?

CTT2
12-21-2005, 5:17 AM
I'm guessing the assault weapons ban in California doesn't apply to bolt action rifles. Is this true? So the muzzle brake that comes with this rifle is legal right? The stock on the rifle looks like it can be broken down will this make it illegal?

RRangel
12-21-2005, 5:20 AM
If it's a bolt action and not a .50 BMG whatever it is it's legal.

colossians323
12-21-2005, 5:24 AM
Its legal, and very, very ,very, very, expensive......................................... .................

Did I mention it that it is expensive?:eek:

CTT2
12-21-2005, 5:32 AM
So if the action is bolt action can you have a pistol grip, folding stock, muzzle brake, etc. Stuff that are aka assault weapon characteristics.

RRangel
12-21-2005, 5:43 AM
So if the action is bolt action can you have a pistol grip, folding stock, muzzle brake, etc. Stuff that are aka assault weapon characteristics.

In short the bans only apply to self loading or semi-automatic centerfire rifles, unless the caliber is .50 BMG. The .50 BMG has been specifically banned by caliber. The cosmetic features are legal for the rifle you're asking about.

Check here:
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

DrjonesUSA
12-21-2005, 11:50 AM
That would be kind of cool; a hi-capacity detachable mag-fed bolt action rifle with a flash suppressor, pistol grip & bayonet lug.

:D :D :D

CTT2
12-21-2005, 9:47 PM
I think you still can't have a high cap clip even if is a bolt action rifle. Correct me if I am worng if the high cap clap don't apply to bolt action rifles.