PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry Bakersfield

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 7:47 PM
Here a video of Open Carry in Bakersfield Ca

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/81193567.html?video=pop&t=a

CitaDeL
01-11-2010, 8:05 PM
He had me right up until he said " If you dont want to see it, change the laws.."

Otherwise it would have been a fairly positive news report- even in spite of the police telling him to leave a public park.

Tier One Arms
01-11-2010, 8:08 PM
right in my backyard

Fjold
01-11-2010, 8:14 PM
Raf, I've posted about the Bakersfield City ordinance that prohibits carrying a gun by anyone in city parks except on duty city employees many times. You've got to be more careful.

Theseus
01-11-2010, 8:29 PM
City ordinance is preempted by state.

artherd
01-11-2010, 8:38 PM
I hope you all have $50k set aside for a preemption case and can weather a conviction in the meantime.

CCWFacts
01-11-2010, 8:47 PM
I wish the open carriers would hold off for a few more months. The legislature can easily pass a bill that simply bans all OC, just like they have in a few other states. And until we have incorporation, there will be no way to challenge that law. I understand perfectly well the idea that rights need to be exercised, just like muscles. But even with muscles, you don't just go into the gym and pound away without restraint every single day. You think strategically about which muscles are best to exercise at which times, you think about rest periods, you think about rest and nutrition and so on. Same with RKBA. We'll get the most productive results by going in with some strategy, some plan, and some support. I fear that the people doing OC right now are going in without any of those things.

nickvig
01-11-2010, 8:50 PM
How many times can the people in the know ask nicely for everyone to stand down until some of the pending cases get settled? I don't understand all the impatience.

CitaDeL
01-11-2010, 8:58 PM
How many times can the people in the know ask nicely for everyone to stand down until some of the pending cases get settled? I don't understand all the impatience.

The people in the know can ask a million times, but it wont make any difference if the request is not received because the new generation of open carriers are not members of CalGuns or OCDO.

You see, the media has informed their viewers of open carry- and few if any are signing up with established organizations. This is why both Calgunners and members of OCDO should reach out to them so this can be a concerted effort.

bigcalidave
01-11-2010, 9:04 PM
WTF is with the taunting about changing the laws.

vinny_land
01-11-2010, 9:06 PM
When did you go on the news? took my advice?

nickvig
01-11-2010, 9:32 PM
The people in the know can ask a million times, but it wont make any difference if the request is not received because the new generation of open carriers are not members of CalGuns or OCDO.

You see, the media has informed their viewers of open carry- and few if any are signing up with established organizations. This is why both Calgunners and members of OCDO should reach out to them so this can be a concerted effort.

Based on the fact that everyone is unloaded open carrying, I'd assume (which can be problematic) that all those guys shown on the video are members of one or both of the forums you mention.

How else would they know they can unloaded open carry? Interpreted the law themselves? Saw a TV spot from another city (which would have to have come from the internet since the local affiliates don't utilize the same news desk) or something?

Seems more like guys throwing caution to the wind when they know this could turn upside down very quickly.

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 9:44 PM
WTF is with the taunting about changing the laws.

See this is where the editing took place. They chopped the part about AB357 Where I mentioned if it passes laws will change to where we can conceal firearms to where we don't have to carry them exposed. And of course they leave out the part where I mention that I have a CCW and that I'm doing this for the people that don't have a good enough cause to be granted one. I don't understand why you guys think I would want the laws changed against firearms, Im standing up for them, donating my time to help others, putting my face on the screen and risking my business.

CitaDeL
01-11-2010, 9:45 PM
Based on the fact that everyone is unloaded open carrying, I'd assume (which can be problematic) that all those guys shown on the video are members of one or both of the forums you mention.

How else would they know they can unloaded open carry? Interpreted the law themselves? Saw a TV spot from another city (which would have to have come from the internet since the local affiliates don't utilize the same news desk) or something?

Seems more like guys throwing caution to the wind when they know this could turn upside down very quickly.

The 74 year old gentleman from San Jose who was arrested for 626.9 insofar as I am aware was not, and is not currently a member of any public gun forum. In the report he had stated that he had heard that it was legal on the radio.

The Escondido OC group initially was not part of Calguns or OCDO, and the leader had heard about others doing this in the Reader article that featured PullNShoot25.

There are certainly more now that Bakersfield has had not only the TV bit, but the UOC'r here was previously interviewed on AM talk radio after his gig at the mall.

The movement is organic and viral- there are Youtube videos instructing on how to UOC. Television and radio continues this by reporting on those endevouring to UOC beyond the constraints of any organization. This is what is fostering the growth beyond our ability to restrain it.

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 9:46 PM
When did you go on the news? took my advice?

They approached me afte they heard me on Jaz Mckay's show one 1560 KNZR.com. Much to my suprise they choped it up and twisted a few things.

CitaDeL
01-11-2010, 9:49 PM
They approached me afte they heard me on Jaz Mckay's show one 1560 KNZR.com. Much to my suprise they choped it up and twisted a few things.

Its like talking to police. They dont have your interests in mind- this should never be a surprise if you choose to speak to the media or the police.

Hopi
01-11-2010, 9:49 PM

Yeah. The media is surely to blame for this. I don't remember anyone warning against this type of reckless proliferation. [/sarcasm]

Somebody opened the can of worms........a can of worms that many many many people here aggressively tried to keep closed.

mofugly13
01-11-2010, 9:50 PM
Much to my suprise ...

Surprised that the media would slant a clip about guns??

I don't remember anyone warning against this type of reckless proliferation. [/sarcasm]

What he said.

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 9:56 PM
The 74 year old gentleman from San Jose who was arrested for 626.9 insofar as I am aware was not, and is not currently a member of any public gun forum. In the report he had stated that he had heard that it was legal on the radio.

The Escondido OC group initially was not part of Calguns or OCDO, and the leader had heard about others doing this in the Reader article that featured PullNShoot25.

There are certainly more now that Bakersfield has had not only the TV bit, but the UOC'r here was previously interviewed on AM talk radio after his gig at the mall.

The movement is organic and viral- there are Youtube videos instructing on how to UOC. Television and radio continues this by reporting on those endevouring to UOC beyond the constraints of any organization. This is what is fostering the growth beyond our ability to restrain it.

I started doing this because I wanted to, not because someone told me and or I read about it. Yes I did learn about proper procedures from watching youtube videos created by CALGUNNERS and reading Penal Codes. I made several inquiries to my peace officers customers which were not opposed to it at all. In fact I just got off the phone with one of the head swat members here in Bakersfield that mentioned that over his estimate of 80% of the force would love to see more of it as they believe it would help reduce crime. This isn't like prop 8 , This was here from the beginning and here to stay. If this state chooses to make it easier to conceal them then more power to us, but until then they're gonna see them.

vinny_land
01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah i noticed that they might have chopped up some stuff because the whole bit was about a minute....and I know what you told me at your place was more than a minute.

Even though I live in Kern County, I dont have good cause to get a CCW so OC is the only viable choice for me. I dont plan on doing OC yet but I understand why Raf is doing this. Wishes gun laws in CA was like Texas...

wildhawker
01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I started doing this because I wanted to, not because someone told me and or I read about it. Yes I did learn about proper procedures from watching youtube videos created by CALGUNNERS and reading Penal Codes. I made several inquiries to my peace officers customers which were not opposed to it at all. In fact I just got off the phone with one of the head swat members here in Bakersfield that mentioned that over his estimate of 80% of the force would love to see more of it as they believe it would help reduce crime. This isn't like prop 8 , This was here from the beginning and here to stay. If this state chooses to make it easier to conceal them then more power to us, but until then they're gonna see them.

If you're in Kern Co., what prevents you from procuring a CCW from one of the most CCW-friendly Sheriffs in CA?

Hopi
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
This was here from the beginning and here to stay.

Your confidence does not buy favor from the legislature. Your confidence does not buy a reduction of risk from new law. Your confidence does not buy a change in the reality that what you're doing is a high risk/no reward activity. Your confidence does not buy yourself shelter from a non-existent 2a in CA.

Your confidence does not buy my confidence.

wildhawker
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM

I agree with this and am making myself available to anyone with ties to the UOC community that would be interested in working together to this end.

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Its like talking to police. They dont have your interests in mind- this should never be a surprise if you choose to speak to the media or the police.

You see there is a difference here in Bakersfield when it come to peace officers. They actually like guns here and think we should all have them. The small group of us at the park could of easiy been arrested for what we did, instead officer **** gave us a warning about the park ordanace and asked us to leave the park. No one checked our firearms or Ids. If fact he stated that Bad Guys don't expose their guns and he is on our side with this matter.

wildhawker edit: I'm not going to let an officer's name be published as relates to this situation. The guy does you a favor and we want that known to the KCSO admins why?

vinny_land
01-11-2010, 10:04 PM
If you're in Kern Co., what prevents you from procuring a CCW from one of the most CCW-friendly Sheriffs in CA?

He mentioned he already has one

wildhawker
01-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Then I must have glanced over that. Thanks for the clarification.

Ok, so the OP has a CCW and breaks the law UOCing why?

SlushPup
01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I like all the aspects of legal concealed carry. Namely surprise...boom...Of course only when grave bodily harm or death is imminent.

Why openly carry an unloaded gun when you can carry a fully loaded gun (concealed w/CCW) on your person? Rhetorical question; I know the answer is "because I can".

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM

I do have one. This is Kern County your right the easiest place to get a CCW. They County that shoots first and asks questions later. One bad *** gun toting town. The perfect place for this movement thats gonna spread like a wildfire.

Hopi
01-11-2010, 10:16 PM
like a wildfire.

That's an excellent parallel.

Wildfires scare the public. Wildfires are expensive to contain. Wildfires leave lots of damage in their wake.

I guess we agree there.

wildhawker
01-11-2010, 10:16 PM
I do have one. This is Kern County your right the easiest place to get a CCW. They County that shoots first and asks questions later. One bad *** gun toting town. The perfect place for this movement thats gonna spread like a wildfire.

What an accurate assessment that is.

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/090410-wildfires-aftermath-830a.h2.jpg
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/385/255/2009/08/31/12014_wildfire1.jpg
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/commcomm/media/calif-wildfire.jpg

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM

What law was broking and/or was I citied. It's a city ordance. Im on your side guy. What have you done me lately. Im doing this for the ones that can't get a CCW. When people are offered the option to see or not they'll probably choose not. So until AB357 passes they're gonna see them.

hoffmang
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
UOC before Incorporation is simply going to lead to either no open carry of handguns ever or no ammunition in the same place as an unlocked firearm.

-Gene

wildhawker
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
What law was broking and/or was I citied. It's a city ordance. Im on your side guy. What have you done me lately. Im doing this for the ones that can't get a CCW. When people are offered the option to see or not they'll probably choose not. So until AB357 passes they're gonna see them.

AB357 will not pass. We'll get carry permits via Sykes/Palmer.

Violation of a local ordinance in still breaking the law. Is that what you want the public to read in the papers tomorrow? Sorry if I can't get behind that.

CitaDeL
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Broke what law?

A license under 12050 carries with it a number of benefits in the form of immunities. Unless Kern County is prepared to amend his license to include reasonable restrictions limiting how he carries or revokes his license outright he is still technically, a benificiary of a number of exemptions.

Now that he is on the radar- two police encounters and as many media reports- he may get a call from the issuing agency.

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 10:24 PM
UOC before Incorporation is simply going to lead to either no open carry of handguns ever or no ammunition in the same place as an unlocked firearm.

-Gene

I don't have a problem cooling it for a while as I do have a CCW. Think of all the people that don't frequent this site. Youtube has alot of exposure on this matter with aot of confirmation.

wildhawker
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Broke what law?

A license under 12050 carries with it a number of benefits in the form of immunities. Unless Kern County is prepared to amend his license to include reasonable restrictions limiting how he carries or revokes his license outright he is still technically, a benificiary of a number of exemptions.

Now that he is on the radar- two police encounters and as many media reports- he may get a call from the issuing agency.

He may be exempt, but was everyone there?

NSTLLMNGR
01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Broke what law?

Im good with the locals agencies as they are on my side. The media bit was intended as an eye openner to locals. Local PD saw it as an training procedure on how to handle open carry especially since all the lawsuits up in Lake Isabella against CHP with open carry.

bigcalidave
01-11-2010, 11:01 PM
See this is where the editing took place. They chopped the part about AB357 Where I mentioned if it passes laws will change to where we can conceal firearms to where we don't have to carry them exposed. And of course they leave out the part where I mention that I have a CCW and that I'm doing this for the people that don't have a good enough cause to be granted one. I don't understand why you guys think I would want the laws changed against firearms, Im standing up for them, donating my time to help others, putting my face on the screen and risking my business.

I apologize for my statement then, I should have realized that creative editing may have been at fault...

I also just learned that wildhawker has mod superpowers... ooh.

WH: ;)

Liberty1
01-11-2010, 11:37 PM
all the lawsuits up in Lake Isabella against CHP with open carry.

Got more info?

NSTLLMNGR
01-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Got more info?

I wish I did at the moment. I'll call a few Chippies tomorrow to atleast get dates. But my understanding is that some guy up in Lake Isabella started OCing up there with the intent to solely sue. I guess him knowing that the CHPs woud violate his rights one way or the other. Well this caused Chps to learn everything there is to know about OCing. The four that I have come by since I started OCing we very well informed about what to do and what they can do.

navyinrwanda
01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Much to my suprise they choped it up and twisted a few things.
This is a joke, right?

CaliforniaCarry
01-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Let me be the first to say:

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/1582/original/picard-facepalm.jpg

tenpercentfirearms
01-12-2010, 5:59 AM
I just took my CCW class at Powers Security last Monday and he advised us to be extremely careful about OCing with a CCW permit, implying that if you rock the boat too much, you might not be getting your CCW renewed.

Now, along those lines the county would probably have a hard time just pulling your permit out of nowhere. However, arresting or citing you for violating the city ordnance against firearms in parks would probably be a great way to sieze your CCW since it specifically states LEOs are to confiscate your permit if they catch you doing something you are not supposed to.

I am not trying to scare you, I am just trying to make you aware of the risks in your actions. You clearly know the risks of media slant now as well, so I won't have to remind you of that either.

Now an interesting thing would be to have someone close to Youngblood say, "Hey, you see these dudes open carrying, how about relaxing the CCW rules even a little bit futher. Why not accept "because I want to" for permit issuance?" Currently there are many ways in Kern County you can get issued a permit if you just know the right language. Kern County residents e-mail me if you need help as I have talked to the KCSD specifically about this. guns@tenpercentfirearms.com

NSTLLMNGR
01-12-2010, 7:34 AM
Now an interesting thing would be to have someone close to Youngblood say, "Hey, you see these dudes open carrying, how about relaxing the CCW rules even a little bit futher. Why not accept "because I want to" for permit issuance?" Currently there are many ways in Kern County you can get issued a permit if you just know the right language. Kern County residents e-mail me if you need help as I have talked to the KCSD specifically about this. guns@tenpercentfirearms.com

That's exactly where I'm coming from Wes. I have spoke to the people above as I see them frequently Jagels, Rector, Youngblood. They don't have a problem with open carry. But would rather all of us conceal them as I would. Again my intent was to expose some issues to the public so things would lean that way in the future.

I also have help several people obtain their CCWs here with much success, but there is still that few that don't get accepted. I do also recommend all my clients to Powers Security training, they do a great job especialy Becky with women.

GrizzlyGuy
01-12-2010, 8:01 AM
I don't have a problem cooling it for a while as I do have a CCW. Think of all the people that don't frequent this site. Youtube has alot of exposure on this matter with aot of confirmation.

I'm glad to hear that you are considering cooling it for a while, at least until incorporation.

If your associates aren't also willing to cool it, perhaps you can suggest that they UOC in a way that your community may see in the best possible light. For example, the OC activists in NH (LOC without a permit in NH) often do trash pickups along the streets:

olP_kwsEZ6w

mbkmkk
01-12-2010, 5:27 PM
You know what the most alarming thing here is………the fact the OP is being attacked by people of this forum that should be helping, educating, and supporting people exercising there rights regarding their firearms. With negative, criticizing individuals like this, who needs the Socialists, Communists, Democrats, and Liberals?

Hopi
01-12-2010, 5:33 PM
You know what the most alarming thing here is………the fact the OP is being attacked by people of this forum that should be helping, educating, and supporting people exercising there rights regarding their firearms. With negative, criticizing individuals like this, who needs the Socialists, Communists, Democrats, and Liberals?

You must be new to this discussion.

Can you show me where/how the 2a applies to CA? What is this 'right' you speak of? Are you under the impression that you can use your '2a right' as a legal defense in CA?

mbkmkk
01-12-2010, 5:43 PM
You must be new to this discussion.

Can you show me where/how the 2a applies to CA? What is this 'right' you speak of? Are you under the impression that you can use your '2a right' as a legal defense in CA?

You must be who I was talking about in my first post. A Liberal would not even attack me this way. If 2A is not a right then why is LEO not arresting the OP.

grammaton76
01-12-2010, 5:47 PM

This is standard operating procedure for media. KPBS in San Diego came after Nate for a hit piece after a similar situation. They intended an absolute hatchet job, and they were rightfully shown the cold shoulder.

Hopi
01-12-2010, 5:48 PM
You must be who I was talking about in my first post. A Liberal would not even attack me this way. If 2A is not a right then why is LEO not arresting the OP.

There are countless threads on this subject. The absence of arrest does not imply a 'right'. Can you answer the questions I asked above?

Eta: I'm very happy to accept your accusation that I might be one of the people in this thread who knows what he's talking about.

mbkmkk
01-12-2010, 5:52 PM
There are countless threads on this subject. The absence of arrest does not imply a 'right'. Can you answer the questions I asked above?

Eta: I'm very happy to accept your accusation that I might be one of the people in this thread who knows what he's talking about.

You don’t know what you are talking about. You are like a cancer from within….you kill the very group you say you are apart of. It reminds me of Communism.

bwiese
01-12-2010, 5:53 PM

Yup, somebody way out of the CA gunrights community.

To quote Bill Engvall, "Theerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's your sign!"

Hopi
01-12-2010, 5:53 PM
You don’t know what you are talking about. You are like a cancer from within….you kill the very group you say you are apart of. Its reminds me of Communism.

That's funny.

Go do some reading on this subject at get back to me.

bwiese
01-12-2010, 6:33 PM
Hopi, don't worry about him. Some day he'll learn to read.

mbkmkk
01-12-2010, 6:45 PM
Hopi, don't worry about him. Some day he'll learn to read.

READ what? I see the LAWS, I talk with LEO's everyday in Kern County. WHY do you guys hate on the very people you say you are fighting for?

wildhawker
01-12-2010, 6:59 PM
READ what? I see the LAWS, I talk with LEO's everyday in Kern County. WHY do you guys hate on the very people you say you are fighting for?

Who's "hating" on who?

You don’t know what you are talking about. You are like a cancer from within….you kill the very group you say you are apart of.

I suggest you work on comprehension as you seem confident in your reading abilities.

hoffmang
01-12-2010, 7:03 PM

The Second Amendment applied to California for about 90 days in 2009. It currently does not apply and there is no Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the California Constitution.

We're not telling you what we want, we're telling you what the operative truth is. You were not taking the hint that people were trying to explain to you that you need to do some research about whether the 2A is effective in California.

Barring a meteor strike or one of the Heller majority dieing first, the 2A will apply to California by July 4, 2010.

-Gene

mbkmkk
01-12-2010, 7:14 PM
Who's "hating" on who?
You guys started in on the OP and all he did was share his experience.
You guys disapproved of what he did and attacked him because he does not belong to your “CA gun rights community” (like you are the only community) and get permission from you guys.

I suggest you work on comprehension as you seem confident in your reading abilities.
I do not need your advice; I have legal counsel for that each day I walk into hearings and courtrooms. Just answer why a moderator is participating in attacking the OP when this site promotes itself as a helping forum……? I guess my funding of your site stops with your participation in attacks.

mbkmkk
01-12-2010, 7:21 PM
The Second Amendment applied to California for about 90 days in 2009. It currently does not apply and there is no Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the California Constitution.

We're not telling you what we want, we're telling you what the operative truth is. You were not taking the hint that people were trying to explain to you that you need to do some research about whether the 2A is effective in California.

Barring a meteor strike or one of the Heller majority dieing first, the 2A will apply to California by July 4, 2010.

-Gene
Now this is what I am talking about: Educational, not done in a negative manor and not trying to bring people down when they disagree.

Yes, I am aware of what you are talking about and what you are doing with litigation(I have read all the items that are sent to me (I have sent in funding for support as best as I could), but that does not condone others to attack on a site that should be positively informing people. The OP never attacked anyone.

gozuki
01-12-2010, 8:30 PM
Rafael attacked me the last time I interrupted his dinner. Actually, no he didn't. :eek: While I understand this sensitive time for UOC, I applaud his willingness to put his business and livelyhood on the line in his pursuit of "our" rights.

wildhawker
01-12-2010, 8:38 PM
Rafael attacked me the last time I interrupted his dinner. Actually, no he didn't. :eek: While I understand this sensitive time for UOC, I applaud his willingness to put our rights his business and livelyhood on the line in his pursuit of something, though we haven't figured out exactly what yet "our" rights.

Fixed it for you.

VW*Mike
01-12-2010, 9:27 PM
Its Bakersfield. Thats why they got off so easy. Anywhere else, not so much.

Look, we have a huge mass of momentum building thanks to the "Right People" that will soon come to fruition. We need to spread the word to hold off on this even more. There are only a few people on this board that I listen to their advice and will follow implicitly without question. They say don't, so I don't.

tenpercentfirearms
01-12-2010, 9:58 PM

The fact is he posted a video that shows him violating the law. He entered a city park with a firearm in violation of a city ordnance. If he had been prosecuted, he would have lost his CCW, he would have probably lost his case as there is no judicially recognized Second Amendment right to keep and bear in California, and he would have also received negative publicity while doing it.

That is not an attack, those are the facts. If you are thinking about OCing, you had better be absolutely sure of what you are doing. In this case, had the BPD wanted to, they could have rolled up on that group and legitimately arrested and cited them all. Is that what we want to see happen?

If I were a socialist, communist, democrat or liberal, I would be complaining to the BPD that they should have arrested him, I wouldn't own a gun shop, and I would have never sold OLLs in this state in December 2005. Before you decide to throw around titles like that to people on this board who have a clear track record of defending the rights of the citizens of this state, you might want to do your homework. It also wouldn't hurt for you to go ahead and cite your current efforts to help the gun rights agenda in California.

This is a discussion board and we don't have to agree. I would hope that most people aren't so hypersensitive they can handle the truth. Apparently some cannot and instead of supporting the act of OC, they can only defend it by crying foul. This is very unfortunate.

pullnshoot25
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
The fact is he posted a video that shows him violating the law. He entered a city park with a firearm in violation of a city ordnance. If he had been prosecuted, he would have lost his CCW, he would have probably lost his case as there is no judicially recognized Second Amendment right to keep and bear in California, and he would have also received negative publicity while doing it.

That is not an attack, those are the facts. If you are thinking about OCing, you had better be absolutely sure of what you are doing. In this case, had the BPD wanted to, they could have rolled up on that group and legitimately arrested and cited them all. Is that what we want to see happen?

If I were a socialist, communist, democrat or liberal, I would be complaining to the BPD that they should have arrested him, I wouldn't own a gun shop, and I would have never sold OLLs in this state in December 2005. Before you decide to throw around titles like that to people on this board who have a clear track record of defending the rights of the citizens of this state, you might want to do your homework. It also wouldn't hurt for you to go ahead and cite your current efforts to help the gun rights agenda in California.

This is a discussion board and we don't have to agree. I would hope that most people aren't so hypersensitive they can handle the truth. Apparently some cannot and instead of supporting the act of OC, they can only defend it by crying foul. This is very unfortunate.

The man speaks the truth.

BTW, this thread inspired me to add a note to the beginning of the OC videos that elsensei and I made. If anyone has anything that I should add or change, please PM me.

GrizzlyGuy
01-13-2010, 6:19 AM
The man speaks the truth.

BTW, this thread inspired me to add a note to the beginning of the OC videos that elsensei and I made. If anyone has anything that I should add or change, please PM me.

It also prompted me to add this question (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Where.2Fwhen_are_some_places.2Ftimes_that_I_CA N_NOT_HAVE_A_FIREARM.3F) to the CGF FAQ, and to include the "Important" note at the bottom of the answer. :)

P.S. - That one's still a work in progress. If anyone knows of any other places/times with unusual restrictions, please ping me.

wildhawker
01-15-2010, 12:04 AM
To resurrect this thread, the OP should consider that LOC in urban CA is dead as of 1/1/10 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=259400).

DesertCobra
02-15-2010, 3:19 PM
He had me right up until he said " If you don't want to see it, change the laws.."

Every comment made to the public can be strewn for good and bad.

" I would rather be judged by twelve jurors than carried by six pallbearers!"