PDA

View Full Version : NEW/UPDATED SIG P226 and P229 E2's...

corbina
01-11-2010, 6:07 PM
Just saw this link on sigforum about some updates to the P226 and P229's called the E2...

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2010/01/11/new-sig-sauer-p226-and-p229-e2/

With my smallish hands, I'm real interested in these. I wonder if they'll make the roster?

BTW: Discussion thread on SigForums can be found here:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/162101992

JakiChan
01-11-2010, 6:26 PM
Very interesting...wonder if I should hold off. :)

Bobotheclown
01-11-2010, 7:40 PM
I have smallish hands and a p228 fits fine for me. Have you tried one yet?

echang86
01-12-2010, 1:48 PM
^^ Same here. My P228 fits perfectly. I just wish I could get some more aggressive grips.

9mmepiphany
01-12-2010, 3:59 PM
the only real size specific difference that i can see is the re-contoured grips and the short trigger.

i would think you would be able to get the grips separately and the trigger is already available. i would recommend you try a Sig with a Short trigger before you take the leap...it's definately not for everyone

shoupdawg
01-12-2010, 4:21 PM
the only real size specific difference that i can see is the re-contoured grips and the short trigger.

i would think you would be able to get the grips separately and the trigger is already available. i would recommend you try a Sig with a Short trigger before you take the leap...it's definately not for everyone

True...my g/f likes the short trigger so I'm getting one for each of my Sigs. But my buddy doesn't like his...because of the thinner profile, he is pulling the trigger not with the bud of this finger but further down right where the first knuckle is. So he says it's causing him to pull his shots.

I'm keeping both triggers so I can swap back later if I need to. I'm also getting SRT kits for all my sigs.

trickyvic
01-12-2010, 4:35 PM
228 w/short reach trigger is perfect for my small hands. I've heard that the Hogue 228 re-checkered grips feel even smaller and have better grip.

9mmepiphany
01-12-2010, 4:55 PM
228 w/short reach trigger is perfect for my small hands. I've heard that the Hogue 228 re-checkered grips feel even smaller and have better grip.

they feel a bit smaller, but their major advantage is the grip really is nice at very little cost...their G-10 and aluminum grips are the smallest currently on the market, but spendy. i figure Sig just copied the Hogue profile for their new grips.

trickyvic - i didn't notice that you had squirrel paws ;)

Bobotheclown
01-12-2010, 5:26 PM
Which one are the re-checkered grips? The only ones I can find are the wood ones, G10, Extreme and rubber ones.

kduly
01-12-2010, 6:06 PM
they feel a bit smaller, but their major advantage is the grip really is nice at very little cost...their G-10 and aluminum grips are the smallest currently on the market, but spendy. i figure Sig just copied the Hogue profile for their new grips.

trickyvic - i didn't notice that you had squirrel paws ;)

Which one are the re-checkered grips? The only ones I can find are the wood ones, G10, Extreme and rubber ones.

The re-checkered grips are normally on Hogue auctions at around $45. They also have some interesting wood & aluminum grips on their auctions. See below:
http://www.hogueauction.com/

I just recently upgraded to the G-10's on a few of my Sigs. They are thinner than the stock grips. Either way (re-checkered or G10, etc..), they are excellent upgrades to your Sig, IMHO. ;)

turbochris
01-12-2010, 6:12 PM
my lady loves her p226...interesting. cant wait to own one