PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Barrel Conversion?

blikeandy
01-11-2010, 3:34 PM
Im thinking of getting a Lone wolf barrel conversion for my glock 23 40-9 so
i can shoot 9mm. Ive been seeing good reviews on you tube. But does any calgunner have the conversion does it work good any problems i dont want to change extractor or anything like that. Just want a drop in conversion to shoot 9mm. I was going to buy a glock 19 but could save some money with the conversion would much appreciate some input. Thanks

qaz987
01-11-2010, 3:43 PM
I have the same 40-9 barrel. I didn't change the extractor and I haven't had any problems. There was a thread recently about the same set-up, might be worth a search.

Corbin Dallas
01-11-2010, 3:44 PM
You can get away with the conversion for plinking but you will probably have a few failure to extract or eject over time.

If you get the 9mm extractor and ejector along with the barrel you'll be fine.

NewbieDave
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm running a 40-9 LW right now in my G31. I was having ejection problems where it wasn't ejecting the case out of the breech. Works great after I replaced the stock (17lbs) return spring with a Wolff (13lbs).

The heavier stock spring cause some issues with LW barrels... hell, it even cause issues with low grain loads when I was using the stock barrels. The lighter srping clear up all my ejection problems.

It's been running without issues for the last 2500+ rounds for IPSC. Shooting 115 & 124gr all day long...

~dpc

vta
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
springs are more of an issue than the ejector. A conversion barrel is different than a regular G19 barrel in that it is designed to be used with the G23 ejector. On the other hand, the spring weight can only be changed if you swap it out.

Jicko
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Get KKM....

den888
01-12-2010, 1:54 PM
I recently purchased a LW 40-9 conversion barrel and G19 magazine for use in my G23.

The service from LW is great and the barrel looks to be well made. It fits into the G23 well.

I tested fired it a few days ago and received one FTE using WWB ammo. I'm not sure if the cause is attributable to the new barrel/magazine, or something else since it's a new set-up. I will fire it some more.

But, it really adds a lot of versatility to the G23 by being able to shoot 9mm ammo out of it !

So far, I'm impressed. If the FTE's continue to occur, I will relegate the 9mm conversion to range use and use the .40S&W for SD/HD use.

I did not change the extractor at all.

NewbieDave
01-12-2010, 2:05 PM
Don't mess with the extractor... I did and it didn't make any difference, it still had issues. The heavy Glock spring is more of an issue then anything else. Put in a nice aftermarket from Wolff Springs and it'll resolve all that extraction issues.

~dpc