PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried to put Glock sights on an XD?

Bill92869
01-11-2010, 1:34 PM
Love my Glock's and my XD's. Ideally for me would be to have my XD9 with Glock factory sights. Each person has their preferences and we all know that the mental game is a part of shooting, and for me the sight picture I get with the Glock factory sights affects my accuracy. I may not be in the majority on this, but I have seen a number of others seeking the same thing. So I'm wondering if anyone has tired this and if so, what modifications were needed?

SJgunguy24
01-11-2010, 1:37 PM
Got calipers? Measure the dove tail and see if the rear will swap.

Bill92869
01-11-2010, 2:28 PM
Removing the original sights on an XD is very very difficult from what I hear. And even if the width of the is the same there could still be a problem with the angle of the notch cut or some other factor I haven't thought about. If someone else has been down that path I'd rather learn from their experience then be my own guinea pig.

Corbin Dallas
01-11-2010, 2:46 PM
Not possible.

Glock front sight is a stake and pin, XD is a dovetail / compression

http://snarkybytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/tfo-xd-front.jpg

Gryff
01-11-2010, 3:27 PM
You'll need to either re-cut the dovetail on the XD, or grind down the base of the Glock sights (not sure which is the larger). This is not something a "normal guy" would probably want to undertake.

Bill92869
01-11-2010, 3:46 PM
With the variety of front sights available I'm confidant I could find one that would satisfy me. As for the rear, I DO NOT LIKE THREE DOT SET-UPS. If I could find a white outline notch, that woulld work for me. Were it not so difficult to remove the rear sight, I would try modifying one fo my extra Glock rear sights to see if it would work.

As an aside, in researching this I'm finding more and more posts and threads by others searching for the same.

IrishPirate
01-11-2010, 3:49 PM
might be easier to remove the XD sight and have a glock factory sight picture etched into it. not sure if that would help or work but you could check it out. just and idea.......i don't like either sight personally