PDA

View Full Version : XS big dot sights?

Bird of Fire
01-11-2010, 9:20 AM
Yay or nay? Looking to get em for a HD pistol.

I'm up in the air between these and a set of traditional 3 dot tritiums which I'm used to. Is the acclimation period take awhile, or does it come pretty naturally? Not going on anything fancy at all, but the stock sights are just bleh.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/186463/guns/IMG_0023.JPG

QuarterBoreGunner
01-11-2010, 9:25 AM
I have them on my daily CCW pieces; a Glock 30 and S&W 386 Sc/S; I love em' not great for precise target shooting but very quick on the pick up with that Big Dot front sight, which I'm totally okay with.

Bird of Fire
01-11-2010, 9:39 AM
Yeah the SR9 doesn't lend itself to precision shooting anyways. It's a "good enough" pistol accuracy wise.

cineski
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm considering the standard dot XS sights. Smaller front end in line with current front sights. Personally, I hate the 3 dot sight system. Much prefer dot the i but the availability of such sights are nil. Heinie makes dot the dot, but I'm not a fan of that, either. I've considered just replacing the front sight with either an Ameriglo or XS front sight and keeping the rear fixed stock sight on my Glocks.

fullspeed1
01-11-2010, 1:02 PM
XS big dots are great for defensive purposes. I have them on my G19 and
G17. They are very fast to get on target at close ranges, and take a little practice getting use to at 15-20yrd targets.

Unit74
01-11-2010, 2:26 PM
Where the big dot goes, the bullet is soon to follow......

I have a set on my G30 and will be getting a couple more for various guns. I like them.