PDA

View Full Version : Glock 32 FTF!

Napalm Bulldog
01-09-2010, 4:34 PM
I went to the range two days ago and my Glock Failed to Fire! I was shooting brand new WWB. I had this same issue with some reloads before. Its strikes the primer but not hard enough to get it to go boom. I reloaded the round and it fired the second time. Someone told me it may not be chambering all the way but I had it checked before by the gun smith at Ammo Bros. Im just curious if the spring could just not be strong enough or wearing out. I bought this second hand from another Calgunner but he only put about 500 rounds through it and I have only shot maybe 200. Now this only happened one time on my last trip but its starting to concern me a little. Just wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions. Thank you.:D

bigcalidave
01-09-2010, 4:47 PM
Better get a 1911 QUICK !!!! Before the glock disease sets in.. :D

bigchelis
01-09-2010, 4:55 PM
Detail strip it and get all the gunk out.

When you re-assemble it don't use oil, just grease.

Also, The magazines have to have the proper followers. I purchased some Glock 32 followers and midway sent me the wrong ones, which I fixed by putting the stock followers (used) back in.

bigC

Napalm Bulldog
01-09-2010, 4:57 PM
Detail strip it and get all the gunk out.

When you re-assemble it don't use oil, just grease.

Also, The magazines have to have the proper followers. I purchased some Glock 32 followers and midway sent me the wrong ones, which I fixed by putting the stock followers (used) back in.

bigC

Sorry for my ignorance what part is the follower? Just so I know.:) This is my first Glock.

Jerkdog
01-09-2010, 4:59 PM
EDIT: I was posting in two threads at the same time.

Check your springs. You can replace them yourself pretty easily (check Youtube) or take it to a GSSF match and have a Glock Armorer take a look at it.

bigchelis
01-09-2010, 5:43 PM
Sorry for my ignorance what part is the follower? Just so I know.:) This is my first Glock.

The followeres are part of the magazine. They attach to the spring and plenty of youtube videos.. browse Glock Mag dissasembly.:D

S.F. 1357
01-09-2010, 8:15 PM
Do you mean "Failure to fire?" Light primer strikes could be a cruddy firing pin channel. Just be sure your primer marks are centered otherwise you could have an entirely different problem. Have an armorer open up the slide cover plate and clean it out.

Unit74
01-10-2010, 4:23 AM
Do you mean "Failure to fire?" Light primer strikes could be a cruddy firing pin channel. Just be sure your primer marks are centered otherwise you could have an entirely different problem. Have an armorer open up the slide cover plate and clean it out.

Youtube "Glock disassembly" and go to it..... It breaks down into 5 parts to clean out the channels. A few more and the striker is in pieces too...

It's not hard at all.

Mstnpete
01-10-2010, 5:01 AM
Did the previous owner do a trigger job on the Glock?

If so, he might have replaced the firing pin striker spring to a lighter spring.
Check your striker as well. If it's gold in color that means he changed it to a Lightning Strike brand. With a light striker and spring this will cause the problem you are having. Change it back to original parts.

Magazine followers have nothing to do with light primer strike problems.

Napalm Bulldog
01-10-2010, 5:46 PM
Thank you for all the info. It gives me something to look into.

hybridatsun350
01-10-2010, 5:56 PM
Also, make sure the firing pin channel is free of oil and debris. These obstructions can slow the striker down and cause light primer strikes.

cadurand
01-10-2010, 6:25 PM
I had a G31 doing this same thing.. maybe every 20th round wouldn't go bang. Light primer strike.. didn't matter what ammo I tried.. I wasted a lot of time messing with different brands of ammo, making sure everything was nice and clean.. then someone told me "Just send back to Glock and they'll make it right."

And they did.. just cost me the shipping to Georgia. I can't remember what they fixed.. they sent a list of parts they replaced. But the pistol had not had a failure since.

So just passing that advice on.. you bought a Glock and that gets you factory Glock support. Take advantage of it.

Corbin Dallas
01-10-2010, 7:50 PM
Also, make sure the firing pin channel is free of oil and debris. These obstructions can slow the striker down and cause light primer strikes.

Geez, I LOVE all the armchair glock armors who have NO clue what to look for.

HybridDatsun350 has the answer.

If the firing pin channel is dirty it will cause light primer strikes. A very easy way to tell if this is not as it should be is to empty the weapon (no live ammo) in the chamber or mags, pull the trigger (on a clear weapon) and then shake it. If you hear some "pinging" that's GOOD!! That means the firing channel is clean and clear of debris.