PDA

View Full Version : Great Video on 2A Hi cap mags

MP301
01-09-2010, 7:18 AM
You gotta love Dave Champion (Dave Champion Show) and Bill Carns (2A Radio), both RBN talk show hosts and staunch supporters of our gun rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURZ3LxYhIY

Hopefully someone will come along and inbed this video. If this is a dupe, I didnt see it and couldnt find it when I looked. Enjoy!

DVLDOC
01-09-2010, 7:36 AM
oURZ3LxYhIY

Asmodai
01-09-2010, 7:39 AM
Great video!

There's no reasoning with the left, any argument will probably result in legislation reducing magazine capacity to 1 round...:mad:

Shotgun Man
01-09-2010, 8:54 AM
The video refers to the gun-grabbing position as the "left" which is certainly a misnomer insomuch as there are plenty of republican gun-grabbers.

I think the reasoning behind the mag limits is that during the mag change, the shooter is vulnerable to being taken out. The video did not address that.

I hear the leaders on this forum say that mag limits will survive judicial review post-incorporation. That disheartens me greatly. I hope this is not the case.

CABilly
01-09-2010, 9:29 AM
Lots of time and energy and at least some money to go way beyond what's necessary to make the point:

Criminals, by their very nature, don't care about laws! The only thing capacity limits do is make ensure bad guys' ability to get off more shots than you before having to reload.

Legasat
01-09-2010, 10:01 AM
+1

Great video!!

Librarian
01-09-2010, 10:10 AM
I think the reasoning behind the mag limits is that during the mag change, the shooter is vulnerable to being taken out. The video did not address that.

The legislature has clearly demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the technical aspects of firearms. If ever they pass something that makes sense from a gun-owner's point of view, it will be because it also offers some kind of political benefit - the actual content of bills is usually secondary to the help that vote gives a legislator in getting reelected.

FastFinger
01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
First time I've seen/heard those guys - nice intro for me.

Very well presented and put together presentation. I would have dropped the "left" comment, 1st it was a pun, not a metaphor, and second - as pointed out this is not strictly a left/right issue.

Going to have to tune into their shows.

MP301
01-09-2010, 8:49 PM
Yeah, I have not listened to Carns yet, but Champion has been entertaining (poscast) on my iphone. He has some interesting views that I find myself agreeing with most of the time. He is an ex SoCal LE as well, but has no problem putting LEO's in check at all. He just mentioned that eastern cop that pulled his gun on the people with the snowballs that was very funny).

After I met him, I went back and listened to most of his archives and now im current. It was kinda cool because I know him, but I would have stopped lstening to him if his stuff was crap. I give him an A+ for credibility and integrity in any case.

davechampionshow.com

bohoki
01-09-2010, 9:44 PM
hate to play devils advocate but its extremely difficult to shoot a good bumpfire vid with a 10 round mag

funny how he says you cant "have" above 10 round mags in california guess he is not familiar with the grandfathered magazines

MP301
01-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah, true on the bumpfire!

As far as the "cant have" over 10 rd mags, i think he was just illistrating that you cant legally go out and get them/use them, etc. A short viedo probably isnt the place to go into that kind of detail...but hey, what do i know..maybe he doesnt?

Lagduf
01-10-2010, 12:50 AM
First time I've seen/heard those guys - nice intro for me.

Very well presented and put together presentation. I would have dropped the "left" comment, 1st it was a pun, not a metaphor, and second - as pointed out this is not strictly a left/right issue.

Going to have to tune into their shows.

Agreed, it's inflammatory for no reason other than to possibly agitate those who would disgaree. This is not a left/right issue and I feel it's somewhat disingenuous to make the argument so black and white.

Obviously I agree magazine capacity laws are absurd and I did think it was a nice demonstration.

In what SCOTUS cases have the justices stated the police have no legal obligation to protect civilians? It seems like that SHOULD be an excellent point in order to argue for increased 2A rights in CA.

I'd like to read what cases that issue was brought up in.

hate to play devils advocate but its extremely difficult to shoot a good bumpfire vid with a 10 round mag

funny how he says you cant "have" above 10 round mags in california guess he is not familiar with the grandfathered magazines

I can't have them. I'm 25 and lived in another state when the ban was enacted.