PDA

View Full Version : Cabella's rifles into CA

sonnyt650
01-09-2010, 6:01 AM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum so please excuse any unintentional rudeness. Cutting to the chase: I've got my mind set on a .308 Remington 700 SPS in stainless, there is a $40 Remington rebate program for the 700 SPS Varminter (apparently must be the Varminter), and Cabella's has a .308 700 SPS Varminter in stainless with the $10 rebate. Has anyone ever had Cabella's ship to an FFL in California?

halifax
01-09-2010, 6:18 AM
I receive firearms from Cabelas all the time, same as any other transfer. Make sure you don't pay another state's tax because more than likely you will be paying CA sales tax. Check with your FFL first on transfer fee and other requirements.

sonnyt650
01-10-2010, 8:02 PM
Thank you -- just what I wanted to read.

tenpercentfirearms
01-11-2010, 5:46 AM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum so please excuse any unintentional rudeness. Cutting to the chase: I've got my mind set on a .308 Remington 700 SPS in stainless, there is a $40 Remington rebate program for the 700 SPS Varminter (apparently must be the Varminter), and Cabella's has a .308 700 SPS Varminter in stainless with the $10 rebate. Has anyone ever had Cabella's ship to an FFL in California?

I am not sure how Cabela's price is going to be a better deal than your local FFL can order it for. Take the ad or print out the website to your local store and ask them if they can match or beat it. Cabelas isn't really known for their great deals.