PDA

View Full Version : 50 bmg M2HB

robnbritt
01-07-2010, 6:59 PM
Can I sell a M2HB (ma duece) in California? It is currently in Idaho. If so how would I go about it? Normal transfer through FFL? Thanks for any advice

wilit
01-07-2010, 7:21 PM
Yes, they are not AW's here nor are they .50bmg rifles. Normal transfer through an FFL.

ke6guj
01-07-2010, 7:29 PM
you may have a problem finding an FFL willing to do the transfer. Yes, it should not fall under the .50BMG rifle ban because it does not meet the defintion of a rifle, some dealers may be scared of them. Expecially since CADOJ has confiscated them in the past as being unregistered .50BMG rifles.

timdps
01-07-2010, 8:42 PM
you may have a problem finding an FFL willing to do the transfer. Yes, it should not fall under the .50BMG rifle ban because it does not meet the defintion of a rifle, some dealers may be scared of them. Expecially since CADOJ has confiscated them in the past as being unregistered .50BMG rifles.

Have those confiscation cases been resolved yet?

ke6guj
01-07-2010, 8:45 PM
Have those confiscation cases been resolved yet?AFAIK, no.

Last I heard on one was that CADOJ had confiscated the MaDuece, but not proceded any futher so the owner is sitting in limbo on it. CGF had no info on the case either.

On the other case, I don't know much more than it supposedly happened. No further info at all.

bwiese
01-07-2010, 8:46 PM
Have those confiscation cases been resolved yet?

There may be 'color' unrelated to 50BMG which affects the matter so it needs to be dealt with properly A lawyer is on the matter. Please don't inquire further.

ulerykevin
02-06-2010, 3:53 PM
the gun vault, in mountin view. tried to sell one a year ago, i bet they would do the transfer. they where asking 14 grand for it.

OCArmory
02-06-2010, 5:29 PM
I would probably do it. I would love to own one but $7500 is a lot of money for one gun.
Mike

383green
02-06-2010, 5:45 PM
Since it's not a rifle, am I correct in assuming that it's OK to install the cone-type flash hider on one of these?

If a person already has a registered semi-auto M2HB, would there be any plusses or minuses to deregistering it?

Would it affect the analysis if said firearm was home-built, and marked and registered as a model FU-KORETZ-50? :whistling:

B Strong
02-06-2010, 5:56 PM
Since it's not a rifle, am I correct in assuming that it's OK to install the cone-type flash hider on one of these?

If a person already has a registered semi-auto M2HB, would there be any plusses or minuses to deregistering it?

Would it affect the analysis if said firearm was home-built, and marked and registered as a model FU-KORETZ-50? :whistling:

Maybe the easing of transportation and use requirements, as well as the ability to transfer the weapon.

dantodd
02-06-2010, 8:26 PM
Hmmm. I've been interested in getting one of these for a while, if anyone knows a good FFL who isn't afraid to deal with them throw me a PM. Love to have one in case I decide I want to mount it to the front of my boat and take a 6-month vacation near the coast of Somalia. Might make for a good story when I came back. How hard is it to convert one of these guys to full auto after I'm in international waters?

Post number 8 might have an answer for you. Send him a PM.