PDA

View Full Version : Crap! Dealer screwed up my DROS form

510shooter510
01-07-2010, 5:49 PM
Just bought a 870 express and the kid messed up my area code. The street address is right but the area code is wrong on the last digit. Is this going to screw up my dros?

ugimports
01-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Just bought a 870 express and the kid messed up my area code. The street address is right but the area code is wrong on the last digit. Is this going to screw up my dros?

Not too much to worry about. The phone number doesn't have to really associate to anything. However, if you want you can go back and make them re-run it since you did sign saying everything was correct. Also, since it was their error you shouldn't have to pay another $25.00. At least that's what I do for my customers. I once typod the same guys info 3 times.. pretty much lost money on that transfer :( since his DROS fees alone were $100 and he only paid $25 of them.

smokingloon
01-08-2010, 1:22 AM
You do know that there is a correction button on the dros form? There is a button towards the bottom right called "cancellation, correction, review" (or something close to that). I believe you are allowed one correction.

Phone number doesn't really matter. They could have have just left the spot blank and it would have gone through.

ugimports
01-08-2010, 9:43 AM
You do know that there is a correction button on the dros form? There is a button towards the bottom right called "cancellation, correction, review" (or something close to that). I believe you are allowed one correction.

Phone number doesn't really matter. They could have have just left the spot blank and it would have gone through.

I know there's a button and I've tried to use it. Unfortunately, it only lets you correct the information about the handgun information if applicable.

SixPointEight
01-08-2010, 9:47 AM
Not too much to worry about. The phone number doesn't have to really associate to anything. However, if you want you can go back and make them re-run it since you did sign saying everything was correct. Also, since it was their error you shouldn't have to pay another $25.00. At least that's what I do for my customers. I once typod the same guys info 3 times.. pretty much lost money on that transfer :( since his DROS fees alone were $100 and he only paid $25 of them.

I believe he means his 5 digit address area code, not his phone number area code.

ugimports
01-08-2010, 9:49 AM
I believe he means his 5 digit address area code, not his phone number area code.

Oh, the zip code? That might get flagged since it won't match his DL. But then again, if he changed his address recently it wouldn't match either.

In any case, the shop should re-DROS for free in my opinion.

510shooter510
01-08-2010, 12:15 PM
my bad. it was zip code.
On the form, I wrote it correctly, but on the "record of sale" form I was given, the zip code is wrong.

kemasa
01-08-2010, 3:35 PM
Did they use the card reader with your drivers license?

TripleT
01-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Did they use the card reader with your drivers license?

I wondered the same thing. If it was a swiped CDL how could the zip be wrong ???

ugimports
01-09-2010, 1:34 AM
I wondered the same thing. If it was a swiped CDL how could the zip be wrong ???

I swiped a guys DL the other day (twice) and his height/weight/hair color/eye color was offset by a char so I had to manually fix..

it happens over time the data on the mag can get corrupt. i now double check after I swipe that it all matches.. also, when I have my customers sign the DROS I ask them to review the details as a 2nd check to make sure I didn't typo as well if I was fixing something.

if it bounces after that then I can blame them for not catching it when they double check :) ... not that it has happened yet...all the mistakes I've made so far were my own :(

tenpercentfirearms
01-11-2010, 6:51 AM
It is a non-issue. The only liability here is on the FFL as he might have an address on a DROS that doesn't match the DL so he might need secondary proof of residency. However, that is a Fed issue I believe and the Feds don't care about DROS so as long as it is right on the 4473, you are fine.

Your DROS will not be affected one way by this. They don't care about your address. The DOJ only cares about your DL# and DOB. I would not recommend you ask them to re-run it as that is just a waste of the dealer's money. If I discovered it on my paperwork, I would just cross it out on the DROS and write in the correct zip code.

Again, don't worry about it. You are fine.

rbetts
01-11-2010, 7:44 AM
+1 to what Wes Said!! No worries.