PDA

View Full Version : Where does Model 1 get their parts?

bu-bye
12-16-2005, 3:06 PM
They seem to have great prices esp if you buy a full kit but I was wondering who makes their upper receivers and barrels? I have heard they shoot very well but I'd still like to know.

Stanze
12-16-2005, 3:10 PM
They seem to have great prices esp if you buy a full kit but I was wondering who makes their upper receivers and barrels? I have heard they shoot very well but I'd still like to know.

The website say's the barrel's are Wilson's, I don't know about the other parts.

Gunner1
12-16-2005, 4:22 PM
I do not know who makes their parts but I do have a rifle built on their parts. Shoots fine but their finish leaves ALOT to be desired. very noticable machine marks on the upper receiver, very noticable forging marks that stick out like a sore thumb. The rifle kit that I built came with a very much out of spec bolt catch . My other ***** is the front site assembly looked like it was spray painted black.
I have built six other rifles with M&A parts sets and they look much better in all aspects. They also all shot very well. I will be using M&A to finish my two remaining Vulcan lowers. If out of some miracle I end up with a new deer head rifle I will of course use OEM parts to complete:cool:

Gunner

Mike
12-16-2005, 5:31 PM
If you can avoid M1S, then by all means, please do so.

Way, way too many horror stories abound about them.

Pablo
12-17-2005, 2:54 AM
If you can avoid M1S, then by all means, please do so.

Way, way too many horror stories abound about them.

Can you give us more info? please...
Do they have really bad quality, costumer service or is this one of those companies that once that you pay they won't ship you what you order for the next 6 months...