PDA

View Full Version : Transferring a shotgun to my ex

3boyzmom
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I understand the process for transferring handguns, but I have a question for you on a shotgun.

Here's the deal. I bought a shotgun a few years ago. In my divorce, my ex got it. He now has the shotgun, our divorce isn't final yet, but I need to know if there's anything I need to do to legally transfer ownership of the gun to him. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for your help :D

gotgunz
01-07-2010, 12:58 PM
No, long guns are not registered like handguns. If it was detailed in your marriage settlement agreement that possession and ownership reverts to him just forget about it and move on.

3boyzmom
01-07-2010, 1:00 PM
WooHoo! Thanks! Gee, that was the easiest part of the divorce. I wish everything else fell into the category of "forget about it and move on." ;)

CSDGuy
01-07-2010, 1:11 PM
Yep. Divorce agreement says he gets it... it's his. Since he's in possession of it (probably formerly community property anyway), it's a done deal... and an operation of law, ordered by the court.

gotgunz
01-07-2010, 1:16 PM
WooHoo! Thanks! Gee, that was the easiest part of the divorce. I wish everything else fell into the category of "forget about it and move on." ;)

After time it all falls into that category. Trust me, my daughter will be 18 in a week and after having custody with zero help from her mother for over 15 years I am currently on page 6 of a final F**K OFF letter to her. :D

p.s. I am disappointed you changed your avatar but I understand why. There are a bunch of flesh hounds on this forum, LOL.

IrishPirate
01-07-2010, 1:17 PM
I thought ex's only transferred the shells to the other..........;)

you're covered because a judge already said it was his. Of course he didn't say what condition it needed to be in did he??? :43:

3boyzmom
01-07-2010, 1:25 PM
gotgunz...did you see my 2nd avatar? That was more descreet but I still took all sorts of crap in PMs that my face shouldn't be visible...oh well.

Irish- that made me laugh. Thanks!

gotgunz
01-07-2010, 2:25 PM
I guess I missed that one

DAMN IT!

3boyzmom
01-07-2010, 2:27 PM
lol. nah- nothing exciting...in a small plane, sunglasses, baseball hat, headset. Like I said- more discreet.