PDA

View Full Version : Possibly dumb CA DOJ List Question...

Milk
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
So i've been half in and out of wanting either a HK P2000sk or USPc lately.
I haven't spent a ton of time searching around but i saw that the list for the USP seems to be over tomorrow (7th) for that one.

What would this mean for any shops here in CA that have them on the shelf? Do they have to send them back, can i swing an awesome deal if i run in tomorrow and proclaim "gimme or lose money!" ? Or will they simply sell them in their +1k range and not order any more until HK decides to relist them ?

I'm half hoping someone tells me that the shops will try to burn their inventory and might deal very well to get rid of them. Might tempt me enough to actually drop the hammer on one finally.

Ducman
01-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm half hoping someone tells me that the shops will try to burn their inventory and might deal very well to get rid of them. Might tempt me enough to actually drop the hammer on one finally.

Be forwarned: It might be the opposite, If indeed it does not renew, The price will shoot off the roof.

smt77
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Not sure about the list, but I've got to say that I really like my USP. Just picked it up from waiting period the Sunday before Christmas and it shoots like a dream.

chefdude
01-06-2010, 11:28 PM
just checked the list there are quite a few HK's dropping off today, and with the way HK works(we are HK so Screw you) I dont really see any of these making it back on the list. I would have to say you are too late to get one..once it is off the list the gun shops cant sell them, you may buy one via Private Party Transfer, and maybe I will sell you my USP Compact .40...for a premium ;)

SteveK
01-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Usp's are everywhere. You can find PPT all day long..

littlejake
01-07-2010, 5:31 AM
The manufacturer may have paid to keep them on the roster and the website is just not up to date.

zenbubu
01-07-2010, 5:56 AM
I guess I will be checking the DOJ website today constantly! I would hope not to have to jump through hoops to get a new USP... I would rather try to get a P30 if it comes to that.

chefdude
01-07-2010, 9:50 AM
when the courts find this whole roster thing unconstitutional we will all be able to get P30's and HK45's.

bwiese
01-07-2010, 9:57 AM
Until the Roster is overturned....

1. when a handgun's Rostering is not updated and it expires, the gun can't be sold by the dealer to nonexempt parties - just LEOs/gov't. The dealer can keep it on the shelft marked "LE only". Or, he could possibly send it back thru his distributor if he's a large dealer and has a good relationship, and possibly use it for trade stock for other new inventory.

2. there sometimes is a chance that wires get crossed up in Sacto and Roster status is re-filed at the very last possible minute and it never really falls off the Roster. Nevertheless it may take time to get lists formally updated.

1 SIG fan
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Is the roster in courts thing a real agenda and is there a forseeable end in sight... or is it a pipe dream?

bwiese
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Is the roster in courts thing a real agenda and is there a forseeable end in sight... or is it a pipe dream?

The Calguns Foundation is actively suing the DOJ over the Roster. The case is named Pena v. Cid and was filed after Heller and initial Nordyke incorporation last spring.

Since Nordyke went en banc, and is on hold until Chicago gun case (McDonald v. Chicago) is resolved, this Roster case is also on hold. We expect favorable resolution by Supremes to Chicago case this spring, and then things start moving again.

plan-b
01-07-2010, 7:45 PM
The Calguns Foundation is actively suing the DOJ over the Roster. The case is named Pena v. Cid and was filed after Heller and initial Nordyke incorporation last spring.

Since Nordyke went en banc, and is on hold until Chicago gun case (McDonald v. Chicago) is resolved, this Roster case is also on hold. We expect favorable resolution by Supremes to Chicago case this spring, and then things start moving again.

Which means DONATE TO CALGUNS FOUNDATION!

1 SIG fan
01-07-2010, 7:51 PM
I did a few weeks ago and will again soon.

Thanks to Bill and all the guys involved for restoring our rights.

Saym14
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I called HK and they said the paper work has been turned in. peeps tell me the DOJ may drag their feet in posting the updates.

Lancear15
01-08-2010, 9:00 AM
the DOJ updated the list on 1/6/2010 concerning handguns that were set to expire the week before, so they seem to be pretty on top of it. I can't believe HK would not renew, considering the volume of sales they have in cali. I doubt we have anything to worry about. Should see an update soon.

Joe Collins
01-08-2010, 8:11 PM

PIPE DREAM, WISHFUL THINKING, OVER ZEALOUS, IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.:chris:

Joe Collins
01-08-2010, 8:13 PM

Just like Nerf. Another two weeks. Stop the pipe dreams.:mad:

Turbinator
01-10-2010, 9:23 AM

Huh? What's wrong with a little bit of hope? You can own an OLL now, can't you? The roster's next. I don't see the problem here.

Turby

Soldier415
01-10-2010, 9:42 AM
PIPE DREAM, WISHFUL THINKING, OVER ZEALOUS, IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.:chris:

You should change your username to Negative Nancy...