View Full Version : Bringing in firearms from out of state?

01-06-2010, 5:24 PM
Friend lives in WA state and wants to bring some of his toys so we can shoot here (college student in SF). Firearms in question are a Norinco pump shotgun with an extended mag tube and a CZ75 (he bought ten rounders up there). Does he need to do anything special per CA law, or San Francisco law?

01-06-2010, 6:05 PM
Both those guns are no problem. |

Just don't bring in hicap mags for the CZ pistol.

Generally, if the person is residing in CA for 60 or more days with handgun(s), he has to fill out a New Resident Handgun Ownership report w/DOJ (+ $19 registration fee). Unsure how college status affects residency, or whether your friend is just doing this for a short term visit.

tazmanian devil dog
01-06-2010, 6:33 PM
I don't see a problem. Again, no hi caps. Damn shame!