PDA

View Full Version : progun CA Sen. Bob Dutton to succeed Hollingsworth as CA Senate GOP leader...

bwiese
01-06-2010, 4:52 PM
http://www.flashreport.org/blog0a.php?postID=2010010619531964&post_offsetP=0&authID=2005081622025042

Pro-gun Sen. Bob Dutton succeeds Dennis Hollingsworth as CA GOP leader.

Transition will not be immediate and will occur sometime this year (summer?)

We can be thankful to Sen Dutton for SB269 (active in 2006) which created the single-shot pistol exemption in 12133PC (6" min bbl length, 10.5" min overall length) - to which we've applied our creative talents here on Calguns :)

This kinda legislation is the perfect example of realistic ACHIEVEABLE and INCREMENTAL gun legislation we need during the interim until the courts bulldoze thru a lot of crazy CA restrictions. Here's hoping for more...

grammaton76
01-06-2010, 4:57 PM
I'm not too familiar with Hollingsworth - is he pro, anti, or neutral?

I.e. are we gaining ground or keeping the same?

bwiese
01-06-2010, 5:01 PM
Appears Hollingsworth and Sam Paredes are or were entangled (well, "not in that way", but you know what I mean...)

You might remember how we got microstamping and lead ammo, due to some posturing about a F&G commssioner back in 2007 - at absolutely the wrong time (won the battle to lose the war).

Aegis
01-06-2010, 5:26 PM
The problem in this state are the Dems as it relates to bad gun laws. There are not enough Republicans to get things such as shall issue CCW through.

Soldier415
01-06-2010, 5:34 PM
I like good news. As Bill said once, "I'd vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he was pro-gun".

Roadrunner
01-06-2010, 5:35 PM
Bob Dutton and his staff are pretty squared away. Those of you who are in his district need to do everything in your power to keep him there.

bwiese
01-06-2010, 6:00 PM
The problem in this state are the Dems as it relates to bad gun laws. There are not enough Republicans to get things such as shall issue CCW through.

There unfortunately are a lotta CA Republicans that merely sit on their arse and yet want a 'pro-gun' reputation on just voting No.

We need to elevate the standard, so they're flocking to NRA's Ed Worley and CRPA's Tom Pedersen asking what (incremental, realistic, achievable) bills they can carry for us. Even if some of these don't "go" for a cycle or two, others will - and we can accumulate these over time till the courts come thru.

Aegis
01-06-2010, 6:26 PM
There unfortunately are a lotta CA Republicans that merely sit on their arse and yet want a 'pro-gun' reputation on just voting No.

We need to elevate the standard, so they're flocking to NRA's Ed Worley and CRPA's Tom Pedersen asking what (incremental, realistic, achievable) bills they can carry for us. Even if some of these don't "go" for a cycle or two, others will - and we can accumulate these over time till the courts come thru.

You make a good point. The CA Republican party could do much more to further the 2A cause.

Gray Peterson
01-06-2010, 7:08 PM
Ya know, if the GOP would just call a halt to the state budget until AB357 passed, and refuse to budge until they capitulated, they could turn CA into a shall-issue state overnight. They had plenty of opportunity to do that the last few years, but they didn't. I guess they really aren't as "pro-gun" as they claim to be.

Senator Hollingsworth was too busy trying to pass Prop 8 so they could screw over a population that he hated rather than help people protect their own lives. Senator Hollingsworth had the entire Republican caucus around his ring finger and could have done something but he refused to, and someone should ask him why he put the politics of hate over the lives of people who are dying every day from being murdered by criminals in cold blood throughout the state.

CCWFacts
01-06-2010, 8:01 PM

I strongly agree with your sentiments here. Yes I'm enthusiastic over AB 357, but it's more important to make a series of small, incremental wins, even if these wins are fairly small and take multiple rounds to pass.

API
01-06-2010, 8:13 PM
I'm not too familiar with Hollingsworth - is he pro, anti, or neutral?

I.e. are we gaining ground or keeping the same?

As his constituent, I can attest that Sen Hollingsworth is very much an outdoors man and a friend of gun rights. From his web page (http://cssrc.us/web/36/biography.aspx)...
...an avid outdoorsman, Senator Hollingsworth has fought increasing efforts to shut down hunting and fishing seasons in California and has worked to maintain the stateís extraordinary outdoor heritage. He helped found, and currently serves as co-chairman of the California Legislature Outdoor Sporting Caucus, a bipartisan, bicameral organization modeled after the Congressional Sportsmenís Caucus in Washington, D.C. His efforts in this regard earned him the award of National State Legislator of the year from Safari Club International.

sholling
01-06-2010, 8:44 PM
Let's give credit where credit is due. "Republican" Gun Ban Dan Lungren was a major backer of the AWB. On the political pundit side I seem to remember Hugh Hewitt was right there cheering him on, but I'm getting old and maybe my memory is foggy. And let's not forget the Arnold "The Wimpinator" Schwarzenegger. And on then on the horizon we have Meg "the Barbra Boxer Supporter" Whitman of no gun parts on ebay fame running for governor, and Carly Fioupa***dream of running HP into the ground fame running against a real conservative for Boxer's seat. And before we forget there was the big tax hike sellout that most of the RINOs in the legislature secretly agreed to while pretending to oppose it.

Sorry but we have nearly as many foes and pukes in drag as Republicans as we do foes in the Donkey party. To me this change in leadership is good news and hopefully signals a wake up call on the Republican side.

Gray Peterson
01-06-2010, 9:05 PM
As his constituent, I can attest that Sen Hollingsworth is very much an outdoors man and a friend of gun rights. From his web page (http://cssrc.us/web/36/biography.aspx)...

Nope, sorry, his memberships don't count. Did he at any time rally together his Republican Senators to hold them together for extracting concessions during the budget process for gun owners (as the other side has done to extract votes for the budget on many different issues) such as passing AB357?

Sitting on his *** doesn't count. If he's really a friend of gun rights, he would have done this for us. He didn't. He was too busy carrying GOC's water.

bwiese
01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Nope, sorry, his memberships don't count. Did he at any time rally together his Republican Senators to hold them together for extracting concessions during the budget process for gun owners (as the other side has done to extract votes for the budget on many different issues) such as passing AB357?

Sitting on his *** doesn't count. If he's really a friend of gun rights, he would have done this for us. He didn't. He was too busy carrying GOC's water.

Which got us the lead ammo ban and microstamping.