PDA

View Full Version : Petitions Directly to U.N. Security Council

Hunt
01-06-2010, 1:54 PM
W.N.D. is sending out mass emails calling for signatures demanding the U.S. Senate to not sign any small arms control treaties. I have an idea, why don't We the People send a statement of refusal to disarm directly to U.N. Security Council, forget sending a petition to our non representing representatives. Anyone know how we can get something like this started and where to send the petitions and declaration?

a1c
01-06-2010, 2:06 PM
WND is once again doing some fearmongering.

kf6tac
01-06-2010, 2:08 PM
Fearmongering aside, if our own elected representatives wouldn't listen to us, what makes you think the U.N. Security Council gives a crap what we say?

Hunt
01-06-2010, 2:28 PM
Fearmongering aside, if our own elected representatives wouldn't listen to us, what makes you think the U.N. Security Council gives a crap what we say?

they would realize we won't lay down like the Australians, Canadians and Brits. They would realize we would push this issue into a real security crisis.

WND is once again doing some fearmongering.
The NRA is saying the same thing they even made a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU

kf6tac
01-06-2010, 2:32 PM
they would realize we won't lay down like the Australians, Canadians and Brits. They would realize we would push this issue into a real security crisis.

Except that we won't, because that would require that our representatives in the government actually listen to us.

Hunt
01-06-2010, 2:43 PM
Except that we won't, because that would require that our representatives in the government actually listen to us.
this is why we communicate dircectly to U.N. Security Council after all they are no different than some stranger coming into your house and telling you what to do. You would tell him to leave wouldn't you. Anyway, I think this idea floats over most minds, they are still convinced their old system of gov't will produce moral results. I would love to see our Senators laugh these treaties off the floor, what's the reality of that?

kf6tac
01-06-2010, 2:47 PM
this is why we communicate dircectly to U.N. Security Council after all they are no different than some stranger coming into your house and telling you what to do. You would tell him to leave wouldn't you. Anyway, I think this idea floats over most minds, they are still convinced their old system of gov't will produce moral results. I would love to see our Senators laugh these treaties off the floor, what's the reality of that?

So essentially we're saying to the security council, "We know our own government won't listen to us and will sign these treaties if you pass them, so you'd better not pass them or else we'll... um... yeah!"

I think the U.N. Security Council would the one laughing at that.

CaliforniaLiberal
01-06-2010, 2:58 PM
The UN Security Council has no power over you. They would like to take away privately owned guns but it's about #17 on their to do list and they will never in a million years get past item #3.

This is just one more tired, beat to death excuse to run around screaming that the sky is falling when you have real work to do here and now in California. Support CalGuns, take someone shooting for the first time, write your newspaper and legislators, give $20 bucks to a pro-gun California legislator running for reelection, get involved.

Don't worry about the UN.

CL

Hunt
01-06-2010, 3:00 PM
The UN Security Council has no power over you. They would like to take away privately owned guns but it's about #17 on their to do list and they will never in a million years get past item #3.

This is just one more tired, beat to death excuse to run around screaming that the sky is falling when you have real work to do here and now in California. Support CalGuns, take someone shooting for the first time, write your newspaper and legislators, give $20 bucks to a pro-gun California legislator running for reelection, get involved.

CL

I do all that but want to move further along the foodchain

a1c
01-06-2010, 3:08 PM

The gun policies of Australia, Canada and the UK have nothing to do with the UN.

The NRA is saying the same thing they even made a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU

The NRA uses every single issue they can to drive fundraising and new memberships, even when it's total bull****.

I do all that but want to move further along the foodchain

Wanting to write to the UN Security Council (where the US has a permanent seat, and therefore veto power) is like wanting to write to Congress as a whole, instead of writing to your elected representatives. There is no such thing.

Hunt
01-06-2010, 4:23 PM
The gun policies of Australia, Canada and the UK have nothing to do with the UN.

The NRA uses every single issue they can to drive fundraising and new memberships, even when it's total bull****.

Wanting to write to the UN Security Council (where the US has a permanent seat, and therefore veto power) is like wanting to write to Congress as a whole, instead of writing to your elected representatives. There is no such thing.

now you have gotten my attention let's see how it goes.

bwiese
01-06-2010, 4:40 PM
There is legit worry that there could be 'leakage' from UN stuff. Most of the risk is the ideas/mindset of US folks that serve there get corrupted and then they bring this crap back to other US govt jobs they rotate into.

(Where's John Bolton when we need him??)

If these issues get any worse, we can get on 'em. But we have other problems here.

Remember the UN has difficulty organizing a two-horse funeral - and its military interventions in recent years have been far more effective in the propagation of AIDS thru their UN-run brothels than any actual peacemaking results attained.

When we get the 2nd locked down thru incorporation and solidified with further cases, this will be less of a worry.

Jamez
01-06-2010, 7:07 PM

CL

THANK YOU!
+10

Honestly, in my opinion, writing the UN will do as much good as writing the President. Some UN college intern will read the letter, write a vague, generalized reply, and send it back to you.