PDA

View Full Version : AB357. Favorable response from Assemblyman Curt Hagman

Glock22Fan
01-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I just emailed the members of the Public Safety Committee, who are considering AB357, the "Shall Issue" bill.

So far I have received two automatic "Your email is acknowledged, but the representative will probably ignore you if you are not in his/her district" and one from the Vice-Chair, Assembly Member Curt Hagman.

Thank you for contacting my office to express your support for AB357 which would give Californian’s a license to carry a concealed firearm without having to establish “good cause.” This law would extend the license availability to the majority of California’s law abiding citizens.

I support this bill and strongly support our Constitutional right to bear arms. As a Vice-Chairman of the Public Safety Committee, I was the only Assemblyman to support this legislation when it was presented to us last year. As AB 357 is reconsidered this session, I will urge my colleagues to send this bill to the floor so that California’s citizens can exercise their right to protect themselves and their families.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

The email list I used for the committee was:

assemblymember.solorio@assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.hagman@assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.furutani@assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.gilmore@assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.hill@assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.ma@assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.skinner@assembly.ca.gov

Suggest we send some more emails of support, or (perhaps better) letters.

bwiese
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Curt's a good guy.
A CA Republican that does more than just mouth platitudes about gunrights - who'd'a thunk it?

kf6tac
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Of everyone on the committee, Hagman is really the only one from whom I expect a truly favorable response.

XD45
01-06-2010, 2:30 PM
Thank you for contacting my office to express your support for AB357 which would give Californian’s a license to carry a concealed firearm without having to establish “good cause.” This law would extend the license availability to the majority of California’s law abiding citizens.

I support this bill and strongly support our Constitutional right to bear arms. As a Vice-Chairman of the Public Safety Committee, I was the only Assemblyman to support this legislation when it was presented to us last year. As AB 357 is reconsidered this session, I will urge my colleagues to send this bill to the floor so that California’s citizens can exercise their right to protect themselves and their families.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

Please contact all these Assembly Members and respectfully urge them to support AB357:

Assembly Member Jose Solorio (D-69) - Chair
(916) 319-2069
Assemblymember.solorio@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Curt Hagman (R-60) - Vice Chair
(916) 319-2060
Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Warren T. Furutani (D-55)
(916) 319-2055
Assemblymember.Furutani@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Danny D. Gilmore (R-30)
(916) 319-2030
Assemblymember.Gilmore@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Jerry Hill (D-19)
(916) 319-2019
Assemblymember.Hill@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Fiona Ma (D-12)
(916) 319-2012
Assemblymember.Ma@assembly.ca.gov

Assembly Member Nancy Skinner (D-14)
(916) 319-2014
Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov

grammaton76
01-06-2010, 2:32 PM
Yep, this is the same one he's sending all the one-clicks. I was pleased to see it though.

On a side note, I am tempted to merge this with the AB357 thread - but if you want to talk about how cool Curt is, that's a valid reason for this thread to remain separate.

Window_Seat
01-06-2010, 2:33 PM
:dupe:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=256562:dupe:

It's great, but he is on our side, unlike the majority.

Erik

XD45
01-06-2010, 2:37 PM
Yep, this is the same one he's sending all the one-clicks. I was pleased to see it though.

On a side note, I am tempted to merge this with the AB357 thread - but if you want to talk about how cool Curt is, that's a valid reason for this thread to remain separate.

Thanks Grammaton! Yes, I'd love to talk about how cool this guy is. I think it's great to celebrate our brave heroes in this fight. Let me know what you think. I defer to whatever you think is best for the forum.

grammaton76
01-06-2010, 3:18 PM
Thanks Grammaton! Yes, I'd love to talk about how cool this guy is. I think it's great to celebrate our brave heroes in this fight. Let me know what you think. I defer to whatever you think is best for the forum.

Actually, the other guy pointed out that there's another "Curt Hagman is cool" thread, so I'll merge those two into one Curt Hagman thread and the other AB357 thread can remain separate.

ChuckBooty
01-06-2010, 3:36 PM
Interesting...so what are the chances here? I'm looking at this the same way I'm looking at Fedor signing with the UFC (MMA fans?)

CCWFacts
01-06-2010, 8:50 PM
Last year, this same bill crashed and burned, and died quietly in the Public Safety Committee.

My brain tells me the same will happen this year.

Is my brain correct, or is there any "hope" for "change"?

RP1911
01-06-2010, 9:03 PM
This is last year's bill that was set aside so it could be reconsidered.

It will die in committee unless we can get two of the five democrats on the committee to join the republicans (assuming they will vote for it).

Which of the democrats are in less than solid democrat leaning districts?