View Full Version : SIP and AIX phones/providers

01-06-2010, 7:34 AM
Anyone have SIP or AIX phone service at home?
How do you like it?
How is call quality?
Recommend a specific vendor?

01-06-2010, 9:20 AM
I'm using BroadVoice; I went with them because they'd offer me generic SIP interfaces to use with Asterisk. I've never really been happy with home-grown VOIP call quality, but the functionality is nice.

01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
What asterisk configuration are you using? Did you get Digium analog cards, or are you using SIP phones on your LAN? Are you using over DSL?

01-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I've done it a couple different ways, but currently I have Asterisk on a server sitting on fiber, and SIP phones where they need to be. The phones are usually on DSL (Speakeasy mostly).

01-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm using CallCentric.com for SIP service and terminating it on an Asterisk/FreePBX system. Handset is a generic Uniden wireless set from Costco connecting through a Linksys PAP2. Absolutely love this setup! I front-end all the incoming calls with an IVR that filters out 99% of the sales calls, and voicemails get sent to me via email where I can listen to them as a .WAV file on my blackberry.

Hardware is an MSI atom-270 based barebones PC (It's their "Wind PC") with a laptop SATA HDD and 2 GB memory. It's running the AsteriskNow 1.5 distro which comes with FreePBX and CentOS. Currently using Cox Cable for internet access and never had a call-quality problem.

01-24-2010, 8:26 PM
I'm using Broadvoice as well. I am happy with their service. I have a asterisk/trixbox set up with 1 polycom 430 phone on my LAN. The call quality is great for the minimal amount of calls I do on it.