PDA

View Full Version : Citadel 45 ACP or what?

robert101
01-05-2010, 8:05 PM
Help!
Iím looking for a $500 1911 and it seems Citadel (very similar to RIA 45) is for sale at various locations and legal in CA. So many conflicting stories as to quality and performance. Some love Ďem and some say they are trash and donít shoot well. What is your opinion? Any input as to size of groups at 25 yards with this gun?

M47_Dragon
01-05-2010, 8:23 PM
I've never heard of the Citadel, but I have heard and continue to hear GREAT things about the RIA, why not go for one of those?

robert101
01-05-2010, 8:27 PM
I believe the RIA (Rock Island Armory) is now discontinued. The web address is www.legacysports.com/products/citadel/index.html . I think it is the same gun just now imported by Legacy Sports. Any idea as to how they shoot. For instance, comparable to a Glock, Para Ordinance, ?

Ducman
01-05-2010, 9:53 PM
I believe the RIA (Rock Island Armory) is now discontinued. The web address is www.legacysports.com/products/citadel/index.html . I think it is the same gun just now imported by Legacy Sports. Any idea as to how they shoot. For instance, comparable to a Glock, Para Ordinance, ?

RIA is not discontinued, Citadel is made by the same company, Armscor. Oh and Citadel is not on the roster unless you're a LE.

djbooya
01-05-2010, 10:24 PM
RIA is not discontinued, Citadel is made by the same company, Armscor. Oh and Citadel is not on the roster unless you're a LE.

Actually, it's not on the roster whether or not you are LE. However, if you're LE you are exempt from the roster restrictions.

Rekrab
01-06-2010, 7:43 AM
Rocks are good for starter 1911s. The GIs can be ordered for as little as $375 from Bellshireguns on Gunbroker.